Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 02:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Sarah Connor Chronicles Terminator Spin Off  (Read 83502 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #140 on: February 04, 2008, 10:42:18 PM »

its not on yet here. we still have an hour and 20 minuets till it comes on. so please no spoilers... at least until after 10pm pacific time  hihi
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #141 on: February 04, 2008, 10:56:34 PM »

Haha i didn't think of that. I'm glad i didn't say anything about what happened.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #142 on: February 05, 2008, 01:02:35 AM »

well show ended. cant wait till next week  Grin now i guess we can talk about tonight show since i dont think its gonna air for anyone within the next hour or so
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 01:06:59 AM by w.axl.rose » Logged
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #143 on: February 05, 2008, 01:08:09 AM »

Good episode.  By far the most nerve racking of the bunch.  When the lights went off in that bunker, I expected to see hundreds of sets of red eyes light up.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #144 on: February 05, 2008, 01:55:33 AM »

Yeah it had a good amount of suspense to it. I really liked it. So did i. I can't wait for the next one. I'm hoping new viewers tuned in tonight. I think tonights episode is the kind that could definitely make more people continue to watch.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:01:50 AM by Timothy25 » Logged
Chief
Legend

« Reply #145 on: February 05, 2008, 02:39:14 AM »

great, suspenseful episode.. can't Wait till next week! and i hope the strike is over soon so we will get the full season!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 12:34:22 PM by Chief » Logged

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #146 on: February 05, 2008, 02:57:26 AM »

great, suspenseful episode.. can't Wait till next week! and i hope the stike is over soon so we will get the full season!

I hope so too. There is only two more epiosodes filmed according to wikipedia.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #147 on: February 07, 2008, 01:19:40 PM »

i have a question. i havent watched the show but i have a question about its timeline.

its taking place INSTEAD of T:3 right? but is it a seperate timeline than T:2 as well? because they prevented judgement day in T:2.....

so theres THREE different timelines?

T:2 (preventing judgement day,pretty much ending the story) 
T:3(judgement day is inevitable!)
and the sarah connor chronicles which takes place after T:2, instead of T:3, but its also saying that judgement day is inevitable??

im so confused. please help me.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 01:23:47 PM by GnFnR87 » Logged

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #148 on: February 07, 2008, 01:28:35 PM »

i have a question. i havent watched the show but i have a question about its timeline.

its taking place INSTEAD of T:3 right? but is it a seperate timeline than T:2 as well? because they prevented judgement day in T:2.....

and the sarah connor chronicles which takes place after T:2, instead of T:3, but its also saying that judgement day is inevitable??

Fuck if I know. 

I haven't watched T2 in a while, but I seem to recall that, at the end of that movie, they make the same mistake as in the first film.  T2 happens because in T1 someone finds the terminator arm and uses it to design them, right?  But doesn't a piece of Arnie get left behind, again, in T2? 

Anyway, I don't know that this show is saying anything is inevitable.  They're fighting to stop judgment day, but I can't imagine they'll be successful...after all, if they succeed, the show ends, right?  But I do think that this show basically occurs in place of T3 (or as an alternate timeline...whatever). 

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #149 on: February 07, 2008, 01:34:34 PM »

Fuck if I know. 

I haven't watched T2 in a while, but I seem to recall that, at the end of that movie, they make the same mistake as in the first film.  T2 happens because in T1 someone finds the terminator arm and uses it to design them, right?  But doesn't a piece of Arnie get left behind, again, in T2? 

Anyway, I don't know that this show is saying anything is inevitable.  They're fighting to stop judgment day, but I can't imagine they'll be successful...after all, if they succeed, the show ends, right?  But I do think that this show basically occurs in place of T3 (or as an alternate timeline...whatever). 

oh ok, so in the show they are stilling fighting to "stop" judgement day like they did in T:2.

and as far as T:2, u mean arnie's arm that gets stuck during the fight scene with the T-1000 at the end right? i think thats just a plothole, cuz dont they make it clear that they stopped judgement day? i mean james cameron, who wrote and directed the first and the second wanted to end the series there. its a fine ending in my opinon. but T:3 was okay, it was a fun action movie.

i like how they new terminator will be in the future, that'll be a nice change of setting.

one of the reasons why i didnt bother watching the show (not trying to offend anyone, even i might cave eventually and give it a chance) is that i just feel that we've seen this before, we've seen terminators being sent back in time to kill john, and another terminator/human protecting him. it just doesnt interest me.

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2008, 05:05:50 PM »

James Cameron didnt want to end the series after T2. Thats why they changed the ending from "old Sarah" to being more ambiguous.  Cameron said himself that he left it open for a sequal.  I did enjoy T3, and was disturbed by the decision to ignor the events in that movie and re-start it with the show, while also going ahead with a sequal movie that DOES follow the timeline of T3. 
     The TV show itself is actually pretty good.  Especially compared to everything else on TV nowadays. 
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2008, 07:06:45 PM »

Fuck if I know. 

oh ok, so in the show they are stilling fighting to "stop" judgement day like they did in T:2.

and as far as T:2, u mean arnie's arm that gets stuck during the fight scene with the T-1000 at the end right? i think thats just a plothole, cuz dont they make it clear that they stopped judgement day? i mean james cameron, who wrote and directed the first and the second wanted to end the series there. its a fine ending in my opinon. but T:3 was okay, it was a fun action movie.

i like how they new terminator will be in the future, that'll be a nice change of setting.

one of the reasons why i didnt bother watching the show (not trying to offend anyone, even i might cave eventually and give it a chance) is that i just feel that we've seen this before, we've seen terminators being sent back in time to kill john, and another terminator/human protecting him. it just doesnt interest me.

You should check it out and give it a chance. The episode this week was really good. The timeline for it as i understand it is between the end of T2 and start of T3.
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2008, 11:40:10 PM »

it can't be between the T2 and T3 because T3 took place in 2003 and now they are in 2007. and at the end of 2003 thats when grown up John was in the bunker with cathryn bruster and the closing image were the bombs falling.

Don't get me wrong i love the movies and i love the show but i think they should have done more research on the different time lines and maybe explain it more so us fans wouldn't have to talk about it all the damn time.

plus what was left behind in T2? Didn't they both go into the melted steel at the end?

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2008, 11:43:41 PM »

Their wasn't anything left behind. Just that judgment day was going to happen regardless of wha tthey did. The computers took over dude.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
GnFnR87
Legend

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2008, 11:48:29 PM »

plus what was left behind in T2? Didn't they both go into the melted steel at the end?

i thought it was when arnold got pushed into the grinding gears by the t-1000 at the end and he got his arm stuck in it. then he just pushed the gears so they grinded through the arm so he could get back up again and protect john and sarah. so his arm was seperated from his body i'm pretty sure.  

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2008, 11:49:12 PM »

The timeline is after T2.  T3 didnt happen.  Although they didnt get the age right of John Connor, or the year that T2 takes place, but oh well.  Im over it.
Also, they didnt prevent judgement day in T2.  They blew up Cyberdyne.  Thats all. Obviously Judgment Day still happens. And now we have the show.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2008, 11:51:15 PM »

About the arm.  Thats just a red herring.  When he loses his arm in the machine, its supposed to make you think, "Oh, they will just replace it with the extra one they have."  It was the chip in his head that was important to destroy.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2008, 12:30:51 AM »

Yeah it was the chip being destroyed that was important. I guess they are trying to make us think that just having the arm is enough to have given them the ideas needed. They have botched the timeline pretty good though. I honestly don't remember what year T2 was supposedly in.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2008, 12:37:54 AM »

Terminator = 1984
T2=  1994  John is 10
The Sarah Connor Chronicles say that the events of T2 took place in 97 when John was 13. It also goes on to say that Sarah is 33 in 1999 making her 18 in the first movie.   The show starts off in 1999 and they jump to 2007.
T3= 2004.  This movie also makes the mistake of saying that T2 happened in 97. 
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2008, 06:25:53 PM »

i thought it was when arnold got pushed into the grinding gears by the t-1000 at the end and he got his arm stuck in it. then he just pushed the gears so they grinded through the arm so he could get back up again and protect john and sarah. so his arm was seperated from his body i'm pretty sure.  

ohh yeah thats right.......but wasn't it his leg headscratch

crow:
T2 came out in 1991 and John was 13 at the time, hence why You Could Be Mine was used in the film

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: