Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 05:46:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Heres some samples from the album here!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Heres some samples from the album here!  (Read 29966 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #120 on: May 16, 2007, 10:34:38 AM »

SBQM is such a weak first single.  is that seriously the best they can do?

People said the same about Slither and it won the Grammy for best rock song of the year.

Is that the seal of quality? Winning a Grammy?  hihi

I know of a band who never one a Grammy but has produced amazing music.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #121 on: May 16, 2007, 10:37:23 AM »

Hmmm....? this does all sound very been there done that. And done a whole lot better too. Its not bad... but its not very exciting is it?

Okay sooo. "Right right rhymes with night and spotlight." Good job Scott.

Lets dont go there Buddha

How many times does a certain other singer rhyme heart and apart and even rhymes "ALL" with yes "ALL" Shocked

D. Dude we have known each other a long time here. I know you couldn't possibly be comparing the lyrics by Scott to Axl's. Axl's reads like poetry and after listening to the leaks, are inspired work. There is nothing that sounds inspired with these songs from VR and definitely not in these lyrics. Seriously man.... ummm, are you being serious?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
guns_n_motley
« Reply #122 on: May 16, 2007, 10:47:17 AM »

Im a big VR fan, but scott weilands lyrics come off like hes just trying to Rhime words that dont really mean anything to try and sound "sophisticated"

like "somebody raped my tapeworm abortion" really hes just taking some jibberish and putting it together. But then people say "oh what a great writer it must be an analogy for something"
darkdays_01
« Reply #123 on: May 16, 2007, 11:02:00 AM »

So far so good....105.9 the X outta Pittsburgh has been playing SBQM's. ANyone have SBQM's on there myspace profile yet Huh?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #124 on: May 16, 2007, 11:07:40 AM »

Im a big VR fan, but scott weilands lyrics come off like hes just trying to Rhime words that dont really mean anything to try and sound "sophisticated"

like "somebody raped my tapeworm abortion" really hes just taking some jibberish and putting it together. But then people say "oh what a great writer it must be an analogy for something"

Who is saying he's a great writer? Scott's lyrics are absolutely amateur hour.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: May 16, 2007, 11:20:13 AM »

i guess you could say kurt cobain was an amateur writer also writing jibberish but nevermind is one the biggest albums around
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #126 on: May 16, 2007, 11:30:56 AM »

Thing is Shotgun, that is YOUR opinion and u are entitled to it but me personally I think Weiland is a million times better than Josh Todd.

I dont want Slash in a band with a guy who sings  a song like "Crazy Bitch" are u kiddin me? That song is just a few steps up from Stripper Girl.

Well, if Slash and Todd were in the same band it's doubtful Crazy Bitch would've been made.  I'm not a big fan of the song, in fact it's one of my least favorite Buckcherry songs, but the guys made it because they wanted to make a strip club anthem, never anticipating it would be a single let alone a hit.  I don't see how Crazy Bitch is any worse than Back Off Bitch or Anything Goes, like those songs it's stupid but it's entertaining enough.  Musically it's got a good groove, showing off the difference between Keith Nelson and Kushner smoking

Todd is at this point IMO a better songwriter than Weiland is.  His vocal melodies are more interesting, his choruses are better.  Weiland's lyrics are not what they once were.  Todd's no master lyricist either but he at least doesn't resort to gibberish just to rhyme at times like Weiland has been doing in recent years.  Also, just from a vocal standpoint, he has a lot more energy and emotion

I firmy believe that if Todd and Nelson were in the band, the music would be more fun to listen to, it would have a lot more attitude, it would have more balls, and would rock a LOT harder.  But we have what we have.  I'm just not inspired by it, at least on the VR side
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #127 on: May 16, 2007, 11:38:50 AM »

Thing is Shotgun, that is YOUR opinion and u are entitled to it but me personally I think Weiland is a million times better than Josh Todd.

I dont want Slash in a band with a guy who sings  a song like "Crazy Bitch" are u kiddin me? That song is just a few steps up from Stripper Girl.

That song sold alot of singles and helped propel there album to gold along with constant touring.

The lyrics are awesome in all buckcherry albums, check the song sorry, its awesome just imagine is slash had done a solo on it, would have been perfect.

buckcherry piss over VR, and they are much younger too which is better cause we need more younger rock bands that make quality albums and perform good shows.

html sucks
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: May 16, 2007, 11:44:14 AM »

mmmm i dunno bout buckcherry ive listened to their albums and i only found a few songs worthy of listening too wasnt very impressed and this was before i heard velvet revolver. i enjoy velvet revolver way more. ive always thort buckcherry was a major ac/dc and guns n roses ripoff band
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #129 on: May 16, 2007, 11:50:54 AM »

Back on topic, plenty of buckcherry discussion in the "Bad Obsession" forum.

Thanks.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #130 on: May 16, 2007, 11:51:38 AM »

The single isn't that good, lets face it.

"Last Fight" sounds like a great song, better then "Fall To Pieces" I agree. "Spay" is at best average, nothing great, just a STP filler it sounds to me. "She Mine" is another solid but average track.

So far, out of the 4 previewed tracks "Last Fight" is only exciting. "Slither" and "FTP" both hit in the top 60 on the charts, these won't stand a chance.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: May 16, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »

i rekon sbqm and last fight have got a good chance. slither at first wasnt thort to have been a single and look how good that did
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #132 on: May 16, 2007, 12:55:17 PM »

People said the same about Slither and it won the Grammy for best rock song of the year.

Like that was such a huge feat in 2004. Realistically, what other rock songs were there then? None that were very memorable.

Why the need to diminish the accomplishment?

Maybe because it wasn't such a huge accomplishment? If they were up against a lot of great rock bands and then won, then that would be awesome for them and they would deserve props. But when they are up against the likes of Good Charolette et al, I don't see it as being a big deal that they beat those type of bands.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #133 on: May 16, 2007, 01:14:18 PM »

SBQM is such a weak first single.? is that seriously the best they can do?

Like that was such a huge feat in 2004. Realistically, what other rock songs were there then? None that were very memorable.

Maybe because it wasn't such a huge accomplishment? If they were up against a lot of great rock bands and then won, then that would be awesome for them and they would deserve props. But when they are up against the likes of Good Charolette et al, I don't see it as being a big deal that they beat those type of bands.

If memory serves correctly, other nominees included Metallica, Slipknot, Nickelback and Incubus.

Beyond that..

In a subjective realm such as music, it makes no sense to diminish the, yes "accomplishment" by what you deem a lack of competition.

The fact remains they won, plain and simple.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
torqued
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #134 on: May 16, 2007, 01:26:25 PM »

Winning a Grammy or any other award doesn't mean shit these days.Record labels have taken complete control over everything.Awards are bought and paid for just like getting on MTV ,Clear Channel and the Billboard Charts,hell they even lie about album sales,it's called promotion nowdays.DJ's don't even exist anymore so how can the playlist be decided by what the listeners want,it's not,it's bought and paid for by the Record Labels.None of these things are anything other than a promotional tool.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 01:28:09 PM by torqued » Logged

All my opinions are based on fact, therefore my opinions are technically fact ,so don't argue with me.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #135 on: May 16, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »

If memory serves correctly, other nominees included Metallica, Slipknot, Nickelback and Incubus.

Beyond that..

In a subjective realm such as music, it makes no sense to diminish the, yes "accomplishment" by what you deem a lack of competition.

The fact remains they won, plain and simple.

I agree that the level of the competition does not necessarily indicate the quality of the winner.  Put Zeppelin IV against Slipknot, Nickelback, and Incubus, and it would also win.  That doesn't mean it isn't great, just because the competition is shitty. 

It does, however, say something about the caliber of music being nominated for rock Grammy's, considering that Nickelback, which is widely regarded by music fans as a fucking joke, was among the nominees.  It would have been a MUCH more telling statement if VR had LOST that Grammy which, fortunately, they did not.  If Slash lost to Nickelback, I think that a Jonestown-esque drinking of the Kool-Aid would have been in order.  hihi

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #136 on: May 16, 2007, 02:06:11 PM »

to say the truth, i'm not really enthusiastic about the band.
if it splits after this second LP & tour, i wouldn't be surprised.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2007, 02:30:15 PM »

So far She Builds Quick Machines is good, I never thought Id like this song honestly after hearing the live version but after hearing it a few times I like it. Scott does have some bad lyrics here and there but overall the groove and feel of the song rocks.

Last Fight is very good

I am not huge on Spay right now, kind of like Illegal I its gonna have to grow on me

What is the song called they did on the VR blog that talks about satellites or space or something.... Cant remember the exact lyric.

Buddha I am not comparing, Just saying u can't dissect a singer's lyrics and fault him for rhyme pattern. Sure he may rhyme easy words here and there but find me one lyricist that doesnt everyonce in awhile.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2007, 02:38:37 PM »

So far She Builds Quick Machines is good, I never thought Id like this song honestly after hearing the live version but after hearing it a few times I like it. Scott does have some bad lyrics here and there but overall the groove and feel of the song rocks.

Last Fight is very good

I agree with this, especially the part about hearing SBQM live.. although i'm listening to buckcherry and josh todds solo work right now and its sooo ass kickin'hihi
anythinggoes
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2007, 02:40:34 PM »

Well i dont know, i was unimpressed by all the songs i heard maybe i was expecting too much but its just contraband part 2 i thought this was going in another direction or something, i hope the Album is much better then these clips.

And i aint a VR hater
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: