Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:05:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Argue about what we should argue about
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Argue about what we should argue about  (Read 29848 times)
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2007, 08:34:33 PM »

So yeah , I'm thinking that is exactly what you said . I sort of take that as psuedo- facsist bullshit.

Well....your wrong! Completely!!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2007, 08:38:57 PM »

So we see America is currently the most charitable country. That's definately something to proud of considering it says that 75% of that is individual people. (Correct me if I'm wrong on that). What I really meant was that the perception that a lot of foreigners have of America is based purely on their most famous exports - i.e. the Gulf wars and big corporations. But what this charity thing isn't is a big American guilt trip. Not everyone voted for Bush, but that doesn't mean that they all give money to charities just because they feel bad that the other half of their country elected an idiot.
America(as the country run by Bush) has a lot to answer for, but that doesn't make it an evil country. Causing a "Civil War" in Iraq, destabilising the region further, making the world a more dangerous place... These are all valid points that can be argued/defended until judgement day, but that doesn't mean that Americans should have to defend themselves to the world by encouraging people to think that their charitable record is some kind of reparation for, as some people would see it, fermenting and spreading the growth of international terror.

So to conclude, George Bush has created a lot of problems in the world. Fact. However I, for one, don't blame "America" for that. I could drag out all the old cliches about how my best friend is American, I love New York, it's the government, not the country etc, but I won't because that would just go in circles and I don't want to get drawn into a pro's/cons argument about the USA.
I apologise for my previous post and I have no excuses for it.

My final point is that America would probably still be the most charitable country in the world, Bush or no Bush. America is a large donator of foreign aid, and co-ordinates many humanitarian mission whether they be under the auspices of the UN or not. Whatever the US military budget might or might not be and whatever grief America might have caused... We should learn that the new President will hopefully go a long way to correcting many of those mistakes and continuing America's tradition of preserving freedom in its many forms throughout the world.

Smiley
Good points all ... I agree with it ,every part .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2007, 08:40:29 PM »

So yeah , I'm thinking that is exactly what you said . I sort of take that as psuedo- facsist bullshit.

Well....your wrong! Completely!!

Hey , they are your words dude .

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2007, 08:50:56 PM »

Hey , they are your words dude .

Where did I mention anthing about love as you said I did? No where! Your twisting what I said to what you think are my words. Your putting words in my mouth and you are wrong!

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2007, 09:13:22 PM »

Where did I mention anthing about love as you said I did? No where! Your twisting what I said to what you think are my words. Your putting words in my mouth and you are wrong!

Right here
Sadly there's alot more reasons to like America than this example alone. And if anyone living here can't see these reasons, than it's time for you to leave, for good.

Oh, you said like ... not love . Oh well , I guess it is just semantics . Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 09:15:36 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2007, 09:26:16 PM »

And see, that's how crap gets started. You took something I said, changed it, and posted it as something I did say.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2007, 09:59:49 PM »

And see, that's how crap gets started. You took something I said, changed it, and posted it as something I did say.

so why don't you tell us what you meant?  I took your post to mean exactly the same thing "fucking crazy" took it as.  "America, love it or leave it"

You congratulated me for clarifying myself - nows your chance  ok

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2007, 10:00:12 PM »

what I posted "love it or leave it" , was an idiom from the 60s and 70s that expressed the feeling you were trying , IMO , to convey ,e,g; America love/like it or leave it . I'm through with this .
Have a good day:)

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2007, 10:48:10 PM »

What I meant is that it seems many Americans believe or say that they live in the worse country in the world and live in such a oppressive society or as you said with there finally being a good reason to like America. If you are so unhappy and reallly compare Bush to Hitler and living under Nazi rule than perhaps you should just leave. Like I said, American citizens live pretty freakin' well and to claim that we live in an oppressed society is fuckin' crazy! Pardon the pun. It had nothing to do with Love it, or Leave it.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2007, 10:56:09 PM »

What I meant is that it seems many Americans believe or say that they live in the worse country in the world and live in such a oppressive society or as you said with there finally being a good reason to like America. If you are so unhappy and reallly compare Bush to Hitler and living under Nazi rule than perhaps you should just leave. Like I said, American citizens live pretty freakin' well and to claim that we live in an oppressed society is fuckin' crazy! Pardon the pun. It had nothing to do with Love it, or Leave it.

I'm going to assume by "you" you don't mean "lil' butters".

Anyways, I think your POV is very dangerous and reminds me of the political climate a few years ago....where those who dissented and spoke out against the war and the bush admin were "unpatriotic", "didn't support the troops" and were "unamerican".

sorry, thats bullshit.  you can call bush hitler, cheney darth vader, and still love this country more than anything else in the world.  when the vice president wants to rewrite the constitution and bush wants to be above the law and spy on people illegally, i can see why some people would say things like that (I have never myself, I just call them Assholes, turd sandwiches or giant douches).

criticizing the current admin and the way they do things has nothing to do with your love for this country.  if you criticize the laws, the constitution, our culture and society and our way of life, thats an entire different story.

stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2007, 11:01:57 PM »

And I got jumped on for trying to defend Poland!! (singlehandedly, that is!)   Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Prometheus
VIP

I've been working all week on one of them.....

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 12:05:32 AM »

sigh............................................................................................... ................................................................................................... ...........................

so what does poland need to be defended from?

never attacked you for defending poland.............

never really attacked you until this thread, and this by far is more of a slight then an attack.........................

and for the record, what the point of the poland thread was to try and get you to see was that despite your staunch beleif that it was only poland that won the war, it was in fact and combined effort that accomplished victory. And as I said before I did and do know that great sacrafices that was done by poland and the success that it brought forth.

in this thread I highlighted that no matter what the topic im almost positive that you would manage to find some way, no matter how unrelated, to tie in a ww2 story about the pole or poland.

........oh wait..... nooooooo...... How come there aren't any fake business seminars in Newfoundland?!?? Sad? ............
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2007, 12:08:11 AM »

........................sigh......................

When you learn to get the Polish sense of humour.......................... Roll Eyes

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2007, 12:10:42 AM »

Hey, if you don't like freedom of speech, then you can pack your bags and leave. America wasn't founded by a bunch of fucking sheep.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2007, 12:24:24 AM »

Hey, if you don't like freedom of speech, then you can pack your bags and leave. America wasn't founded by a bunch of fucking sheep.

"fucking sheep"!! how dare you sir!  What did the sheep ever do to you!  If you don't like the sheep then take all the cotton t-shirts you own and burn them!  DOUCHE!!!

SLCPUNK
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2007, 12:27:49 AM »

Fucking Sheep!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2007, 02:10:00 AM »

Love it, or Leave it.

that's how Sarkozy talks about France ... damn. Drew is my president Sad

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #57 on: June 27, 2007, 07:29:12 AM »

Butters, okay you and anyone else can go ahead and compare Bush to Hitler if it makes you feel better. But I see no examples of how you are oppressed in any way. You can go anywhere you want to. You can say anything you want to. You can pretty much do anything you want to. When was the last time you couldn't? I see no exapmle trying to rid a race from existence. Both Congress and the Senate are Democrat comtrolled. You think Hitler would have allowed his opposition to take control like that? No. He would have more than likely executed them.

Pharmo, I knew you wouldn't be able to sit on the sidelines and not twist and put words in my mouth either. Where did I say anything about freedom of speech? I didn't. Your wrong again! My critizism was about people complaining that they live in a oppressed society and have no freedoms. If you want to compare Bush to Hitler than you have that right to. But your living in another world if you think that. Because it's absolutely a bullshit comparison.

WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin, you par for the course aswell in twisting words. Is the part you quoted the only part you read? Go back and read again. Everything! You jumped to conclusions too fast. When talking about this country, I never said you should love it or leave.

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2007, 07:55:13 AM »

WAT-EVER, i'm totally buggin, you par for the course aswell in twisting words. Is the part you quoted the only part you read? Go back and read again. Everything! You jumped to conclusions too fast. When talking about this country, I never said you should love it or leave.

oh yeah sorry Sad
i just bumped on these familiar words and it made me think of sarkozy.

Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2007, 08:47:45 AM »

All threads about the USA and politics turn into this crap. Do they all have to turn into name calling bullshit attacks? Can anyone accept another's opposing viewpoint around here?

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: