Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 08:56:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Falcon modding the VR section
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falcon modding the VR section  (Read 20627 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2007, 10:17:13 AM »

Hey smart ass, this is a GN'R site for GN'R fans.

Not VR fans.

VR fans have their own sites to visit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2007, 10:22:23 AM »

I meant it in the way that people say "How can you get any satisfaction from constantly trashing something?? Don't you have better things to do with your time?"

Edit - Maybe you need a day at a spa to relax?
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2007, 10:32:54 AM »

Do you want to buy a clue?

Not everybody is getting some kind of satisfaction from posting what they think of that band. I find it way more fun to post about GN'R to be honest.

When I see Slash basically admitting that Duff went to rehab while the majority of you were defending him, I post it.

When I see Slash saying something that doesn't match the shit the band's management has said, I'll point it out.

None of you are interested in doing that so I do it for you.  ok

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than to come to a Guns N' Roses site when you're clearly not into the band at this point?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2007, 10:48:50 AM »

Do you want to buy a clue?

Yes, please!

Not everybody is getting some kind of satisfaction from posting what they think of that band. I find it way more fun to post about GN'R to be honest.

Yet you DO get some satisfaction (regardless of whether or not it's as fun as posting about GN'R)...

When I see Slash basically admitting that Duff went to rehab while the majority of you were defending him, I post it.

When I see Slash saying something that doesn't match the shit the band's management has said, I'll point it out.

Don't you have anything better to do with your time than to come to a Guns N' Roses site when you're clearly not into the band at this point?

/jarmo

Do you need me to post how much I don't care about the Australian tour (the 6th? leg of a tour for an album that isn't out yet), I figure it's better to steer clear of that section...  I'm taking a break until they do something I find interesting, like Axl suggested.  Lucky for me this site has a VR, Jungle, Bad Obsession and Sports section.... remove those and yeah, I won't be here until there's a point where I'm "into the band".

I'll say it again: relax a little! (I said this because you find it funny when people who don't know you post like they know you  Wink )
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2007, 10:59:53 AM »

Jim Bob - it's only karma points, that's all it is. ?I think karma points are lame, anyway. ?Last I knew, karma can be given or taken away for whatever reason somebody wants. ?There doesn't have to be a valid reason for it. ? It's karma on a message board - that's all. ?So what? ?I think there's bigger things to whine about, in life. ?

I think Falcon is doing just fine.

And, here we go again....another topic that's been reduced to the same old arguments. ? Roll Eyes
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »

I'll say it again: relax a little! (I said this because you find it funny when people who don't know you post like they know you  Wink )

You say so because you haven't seen me upset.....  Kiss

/jarmo

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2007, 01:13:53 PM »

As well, I assume it's possible to go to those VR sites and post on how they stink.

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2007, 01:18:08 PM »

Jim Bob's making a stand!? ok

In quicksand.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »

It makes no sense for a GN'R fan to go to a VR site to post that VR sucks and GN'R doesn't.

confused

/jarmo

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2007, 01:19:54 PM »

Jim Bob's making a stand!  ok

In quicksand.

Not really.

I know you're upset about him repeating himself, I can understand that.

But there's a lot of VR fans who make all kinds of GN'R references as soon as somebody dares to say something critical about their favorite band on a GN'R site.

/jarmo

the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:40 PM »

And I know you got upset at me once for suggesting something along these lines, but anyhow, why not eliminate the VR section?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2007, 01:42:56 PM »

As I keep repeating because you refuse to read my posts on the matter, because some Guns N' Roses fans are curious about what the former members are dong these days.

That doesn't mean they are gonna buy the VR VIP packages or join the Scott Weiland Is The Greatest Singer Alive brigade...

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2007, 01:52:43 PM »

I know you're upset about him repeating himself, I can understand that.

And that's why he got neg karma.

But there's a lot of VR fans who make all kinds of GN'R references as soon as somebody dares to say something critical about their favorite band on a GN'R site.

Sure there is, we see it everyday. ?Emotions run high with allegiances and some just are no going to be fans of both bands.

There's also the those who come into the VR section of the board with the sole purpose of jacking a thread under the guise and rational that "it's A GNR site", thinking it gives them licence to act like a jackass

Courtesy and respect should be at the forefront of the entire forum, regardless of what sub forum
one posts in.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 02:58:48 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2007, 01:53:45 PM »

I've read your posts on the matter and I often read "this is a GNR site" over and over.

That doesn't mean they are gonna buy the VR VIP packages or join the Scott Weiland Is The Greatest Singer Alive brigade...

I'm surely not part of that brigade. But your point alone shows that you realize the potential for some sensitivity when it comes to this situation. It's the nature of the beast when it comes down to GNR and it's extended family, divorced or not.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2007, 01:57:03 PM »

Courtesy and respect should be at the forefront of the entire forum, regardless of what sub forum
one posts in.

How do you explain the fact that several of the VR fans posting in that section have little or no respect for the band this site is dedicated to?

I'm surely not part of that brigade. But your point alone shows that you realize the potential for some sensitivity when it comes to this situation. It's the nature of the beast when it comes down to GNR and it's extended family, divorced or not.

The problem is that some of you expect us to treat VR the same way we treat GN'R.

But to me it's not fair to assume all GN'R fans love VR. It's simply not the case.

It's true that some like both bands, I got no problem with that.

But I do expect people who come here to actually like and support GN'R.

/jarmo

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2007, 02:37:08 PM »

Fuck I dont even go to any other GnR boards anymore because of all the pro-VR/anti-Axl setiment thats taken over so many of them.

Or is it because you are banned from most of them? Now we know why.

just mygnr.
Haha hihi

Courtesy and respect should be at the forefront of the entire forum
I like this board since it's not sterile nor a trashcan, how you say something suck respectfully anyway Tongue

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2007, 03:25:46 PM »

How do you explain the fact that several of the VR fans posting in that section have little or no respect for the band this site is dedicated to?

I don't, my statement was all encompassing.? With that in mind, if this site has forums for GNR's entire history there will always be those who draw battle lines.? If it's only for GNR in it's present state than the problem will work itself out via natural elimination.

My issue is below, instigators should be dealt with accordingly no matter for whom or why they're here for.

There's also the those who come into the VR section of the board with the sole purpose of jacking a thread under the guise and rational that "it's A GNR site", thinking it gives them licence to act like a jackass.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2007, 04:09:03 PM »

My issue is below, instigators should be dealt with accordingly no matter for whom or why they're here for.

Well, did you deal with the VR fans who bring up GN'r in the VR discussion in order to bait GN'R fans?

I've been accused by some of these people for bringing up GN'R in the VR threads and others (VR fans) are doing the same while nobody says a word.

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2007, 04:25:13 PM »

Well, did you deal with the VR fans who bring up GN'r in the VR discussion in order to bait GN'R fans?

/jarmo

That's my question to you, do you want the forum moderated in this fashion (equal punishment on both sides) or do those who provoke under the cloak of "it being a gnr" forum getting free reign?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2007, 04:52:31 PM »

Right now it seems like the VR fans are given way too much freedom to put down GN'R in order to make VR look better.

How many "at least they're putting out albums" posts do you need to read?

Posts like that are only there to get a reaction from people like Jim Bob.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: