Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:53:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228067 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Administrative
| |-+  Administrative, Feedback & Help
| | |-+  Falcon modding the VR section
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Falcon modding the VR section  (Read 20631 times)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #40 on: June 29, 2007, 05:50:49 PM »

I know you're upset about him repeating himself, I can understand that.

And that's why he got neg karma.

So if you're upset about Jim Bob repeating himself about how the vr album sucks etc., wouldn't it also naturally upset you when certain vr fans repeat themselves over and over about how vr's album is amazing etc. as well?
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 29, 2007, 05:56:52 PM »

So if you're upset about Jim Bob repeating himself about how the vr album sucks etc., wouldn't it also naturally upset you when certain vr fans repeat themselves over and over about how vr's album is amazing etc. as well?

Would it upset you when some gnr fans keep on talking about how amazing gnr is?
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2007, 05:59:14 PM »

No, and repetitive posts stating the opposite don't bother be anymore either. But apparently repetitive posts upset Falcon, so I had to ask him if the above situation upsets him too. It's a valid question...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2007, 06:02:28 PM »

On a GN'R board?

Really?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Grouse
I'm a prick too, so I deserve a title!
Legend

« Reply #44 on: June 29, 2007, 06:15:23 PM »

No, and repetitive posts stating the opposite don't bother be anymore either. But apparently repetitive posts upset Falcon, so I had to ask him if the above situation upsets him too. It's a valid question...

Fair enough...

On a GN'R board?

Really?

/jarmo

Seriously Jarmo, do you think that everybody should just believe everything that their favourite band tells them? or do you think it's good that some fans atleast try to maintain a healty sense of skeptisicm towards their favourite band?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 06:17:00 PM by Grouse » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: June 29, 2007, 06:18:25 PM »

Explain your idea of skepticism.

For many it means "we'll believe everything except what the band is saying".

Why is it that the so called skepticism doesn't work on VR? I don't see you questioning them. Or are you?

We got examples of them lying to their fans but are you upset about it?

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 29, 2007, 06:40:01 PM »

falcons doing his job, he moderates the VR section.

Its not his fault if the mods of the gnr section cant control the gnr hate.....

he punishes those accordingly.... im sure the other mods do  too, some go over the top though but still, its in your power...so i dont see why you question his position jarmo when it was you who assigned him to moderate that section.

html sucks
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2007, 08:41:33 PM »

maybe it's just me but it should ring a bell when a mod at a gnr forum refers to the band as "axl's band"...

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2007, 09:20:54 PM »

well, a GNR message board is (or at least, should be) the perfect place to find people talking about how amazing GNR is...

If you are looking for a place where everybody keep on talking about how amazing is VR, a GNR message board is the wrong place.

There are LOTS of GNR fans (me included) which dont like VR's music at all, but we are still interested in Slash/Duff's artistic careers. We are filling the two obligatory requirements to be posting here: we are Guns N' Roses fans, and we try  not to break any board rule. Why should I (or Jim Bob) stop giving my opinion? Why I should not say ''Libertad has no killer guitar solos, I think it sucks'' if that's my opinion, I am not breaking any rule, and I am a GNR fan?

It seems like everyone is allowed to be repetitive as long as you're not criticizing VR...

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #49 on: June 30, 2007, 02:52:47 AM »

I think everyone has the right to express his/her opinion about anything here (well, except the current GN'R when you can say only highly postive things  Tongue). But it's tiring to read the same crap over and over again about how much VR sucks without giving reasons why you think this. The same goes for the constant 'praise spamming' when people only post that 'great!' and 'wow, it's cool' etc. It's clear that some people come to the VR section only to hate and ease their frustration over something else.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #50 on: June 30, 2007, 04:11:17 AM »

I think everyone has the right to express his/her opinion about anything here (well, except the current GN'R when you can say only highly postive things  Tongue). But it's tiring to read the same crap over and over again about how much VR sucks without giving reasons why you think this. The same goes for the constant 'praise spamming' when people only post that 'great!' and 'wow, it's cool' etc. It's clear that some people come to the VR section only to hate and ease their frustration over something else.
sure expressing opinions is great, thats what a messageboard is all about.  but when certain posters do nothing but trash GnR (the band the board is dedicated to) just to "prove" how great VR is, I scratch my head as to why those people are on a GnR board and not a VR board where those opinions would be more common and accepted.   
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #51 on: June 30, 2007, 04:40:32 AM »

sure expressing opinions is great, thats what a messageboard is all about.  but when certain posters do nothing but trash GnR (the band the board is dedicated to) just to "prove" how great VR is, I scratch my head as to why those people are on a GnR board and not a VR board where those opinions would be more common and accepted.   

Perfect example, this ZRO character.  Every post I've seen from him is either pumping up VR and/or bashing GnR, he does this in both the VR section and the GnR section, and has the nerve to be complaining about Guns N Roses fans saying bad things about VR.  I don't see why people like this don't just take their routine over to the velvetrevolverforum.com and where they'll find a lot more people that share their views

Particularly weird is that these guys start whining whenever someone says something negative about VR, but are constantly putting GnR down at the same time
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #52 on: June 30, 2007, 09:30:38 AM »

Falcon's doing a great job in my eyes. The guy is actually rational.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2007, 12:44:29 PM »

.. but when certain posters do nothing but trash GnR (the band the board is dedicated to) just to "prove" how great VR is,

You do realize that practice goes both ways, there's plently of posters that do the exact same thing in the opposite direction.? Tons of mindless bashing of VR to elevate perception of GNR as well, it's undeniable.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2007, 12:50:45 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2007, 12:54:09 PM »

.. but when certain posters do nothing but trash GnR (the band the board is dedicated to) just to "prove" how great VR is,

You do realize that practice goes both ways, there's plently of posters that do the exact same thing in regards.  Tons of mindless bashing of VR to elevate perception of GNR as well, it's undeniable.

Yes, but you have to understand what the people who visit this site are here for.....

I can see that you might get tired of it, but this isn't the VR fan boy central that maybe some other places might be.

Personally I don't feel like having to explain to some VR fans why I think Scott Weiland is overrated among them. I'd definitely understand if I was questioned about that on a VR site..... But we're GN'R fans, we probably have different opinions on what makes a great front man than lets say people who grew up listening to STP.....

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #55 on: June 30, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »

You do realize that practice goes both ways, there's plently of posters that do the exact same thing in regards.? Tons of mindless bashing of VR to elevate perception of GNR as well, it's undeniable.

Yes, but you have to understand what the people who visit this site are here for.....

I get that line of thinking, no doubt about it.?

That said, an educated guess would say GNR (in all forms and eras) got people here on their initial visit with them eventually settling into the parts of the forum (GNR, Ex members, VR) that hold their main interest.?

Would you agree?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #56 on: June 30, 2007, 01:13:56 PM »

Yeah, but if you're implying that the people who settled for the VR section shouldn't be exposed to any negative comments about their favorite band, I wouldn't agree with that.

/jarmo

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #57 on: June 30, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »

Yeah, but if you're implying that the people who settled for the VR section shouldn't be exposed to any negative comments about their favorite band, I wouldn't agree with that.

/jarmo

Not implying that whatsoever, just pointing out that there's plenty of people who aren't soley here for GNR in it's current form.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: June 30, 2007, 01:35:08 PM »

Well then I'd say they might be in the wrong place and that's why they got the wrong expectations.

/jarmo

lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 30, 2007, 01:54:06 PM »

/jarmo

Not implying that whatsoever, just pointing out that there's plenty of people who aren't soley here for GNR in it's current form.

Well then I'd say they might be in the wrong place and that's why they got the wrong expectations.

/jarmo
I kind of disagree with that statement (if I could just interject for a minute between the two of you) - I'll say it again - this is the site I've liked the best because it's been about GnR, in all forms, and is inclusive of everyone who's ever been part of that band - it's not about "original" or "current".  This has always been a great site because of that.  So, yeah, there's going to be plenty of people here who aren't solely here for GnR in it's current form.  So, I don't think that puts them in the "wrong place".  I fully see where you are coming from, however, that this is a GnR site, and people who come here should be here, as fans, and not bash GnR or Axl in the VR section.  I go to the VR section, here, even though there are other VR sites out there (one which I'm at, everyday), because I like to see and read what people are talking about, here, as well.  It's just sad that everything is reduced to petty arguments.   
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: