Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 07:58:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  The last days of Kurt Cobain
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The last days of Kurt Cobain  (Read 16358 times)
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

Look at the lies Slash is leading

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2007, 06:20:48 AM »

Axl was even influenced by Kurt

Say what?

'tis true.? I can't find the original interview but Axl was talking about a particular day on tour where he was really down and he was able to get through it because of Nirvana's music -- something to that effect.? He said how it must have been such a huge "mind fuck" to rise to fame the way they did and that he wanted to support Kurt Cobain any way he could.? If anyone remembers which article this is, please let me know.? Also, I had read at the time that he tried to book Nirvana as the opening act for the GnR/Metallica tour.? I think it wasn't until Kurt Cobain started attacking Axl in interviews that the feud began.

That?s true, and i can really understand Nirvana for not taking part in the GNR/Metallica toru..Nirvana was just as big as the other 2 in 1992,,But it would have been really cool to see..

I don't know if I agree with that 100%. Nirvana were becoming huge around that time but I am pretty sure theres no chance they could have filled any of the places GnR and Metallica were playing seperate, let alone on the same bill. I'm actually pretty sure they never did play anywhere that big. It's the same situation as AFD coming out and being huge but guns were still opening for Aerosmith. That said, it woulda been an amazing opportunity for them at the time (not that they ended up needing it) and I wonder how Dave and Noveselic felt about having to turn it down because Kurt had a problem with Axl for seemingly no other reason than Kurt being pretentious. It's that weird paradox a couple people have mentioned already and cited Kurt as being hypocritical, and I think it was even in his diary they published, where Kurt is doing the things you do to become famous yet acting like he hates all of it to try and stay true to some independant art thing.

Well Dave and Krist wasn?t " best-budies" with Axl either as i recall..I don?t think that Nirvana could have filled a 50.000 stadium back then, but the sales didn?t lie and well..Nirvana was Nirvana..During 1992 Nirvana headlined huge festivals instead.. I know it?s not the same thing as a own stadium show, but i really think that when Nirvana was at their peak, they could have done pretty much the same shows as GNR, just for a brief period...Maybe not big stadiums, but arenas ? absolutley!  I think they even did a couple of +10.000 gigs, but not to many..They mostly played minor fields in front of like 5.000 or moore back in 92. One of them, my father attended Tongue They played alot of arenas during In Utero, but thoose shows were not even close to be filled. But 91-92..I guess everybody knew their name.

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2007, 07:03:42 AM »

In 1992 they headlined the first Big Day out in Australia. The Adelaide one was held on Australia Day in the grounds of Adelaide Uni amongst the cloisters. The year after, it was moved to a a larger showground venue.

Three of us spent the day sitting on the River Torrens sipping some beers and celebrating 'Australia Day' with some brothers. It's a controversial day for the Indigenous community, why celebrate an Invasion?

Anyway, we could hear the various acts from the River, including Nirvana. We spent most of the day doing a "Bond stealth mission", combing the university's outer perimeter try to find a way in. We did spot a? downpipe and an open window that would have been useful........

In the end, we decided that it would have to be dusk or never! - We were going to jump the fence.

Our friends with the beers gave us a boot up and we were in!. Well, the area we happened to jump into was backstage!!! We started dancing to the music to quickly fit in, looking up at the band adoringly! Two security guys came up to us and asked if we had tickets, we said no and the next thing you know we got lifted over the fence into the 'inner sanctum'.

Lucky for us we got to see the final act............only Iggy Pop, Tex and The Cruel Sea and Sonic Youth!

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »

Nirvana actually had 3 studio albums. And only 1 of those was recorded while they were famous.

They say of the Acropolis where the Parthenon is....
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2007, 03:57:09 PM »

Nirvana actually had 3 studio albums. And only 1 of those was recorded while they were famous.

Yeah...and ?

As the dust settled, Axl stared unblinkingly at me and, with no hint of irony, summed up GN?R?s philosophy: ?We don?t start anything. But if you mess with us, then we?ll fuck you up!
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #84 on: August 28, 2007, 01:36:14 AM »

I have all of Nirvana's cd's, and "With The Lights Out" the box set. Plus the "Live Tonight, Sold Out" dvd. Real good stuff on all of them.
I for one, don't have and dislike for the music, just because my favorite artist was in a fued with Kurt Cobain. I dislike Kurt because he was a fucking coward and killed himself when he had a fucking child. Someone who will never know who her father was.
Also, his "I hate the fame" attitude. If you don't want to be famous, don't sign the the major label record company. Don't go on huge tours. Don't do press. Stay in your little hick town, playing infront of a bunch of people you know.
Also, him being a part of this so called "27 club" or whatever the fuck. Sorry man, you shot yourself. You didn't die through excess.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #85 on: August 28, 2007, 08:46:39 AM »

Um, I don't think that he can hear you..

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #86 on: August 28, 2007, 10:07:12 AM »

I have all of Nirvana's cd's, and "With The Lights Out" the box set. Plus the "Live Tonight, Sold Out" dvd. Real good stuff on all of them.
I for one, don't have and dislike for the music, just because my favorite artist was in a fued with Kurt Cobain. I dislike Kurt because he was a fucking coward and killed himself when he had a fucking child. Someone who will never know who her father was.
Also, his "I hate the fame" attitude. If you don't want to be famous, don't sign the the major label record company. Don't go on huge tours. Don't do press. Stay in your little hick town, playing infront of a bunch of people you know.
Also, him being a part of this so called "27 club" or whatever the fuck. Sorry man, you shot yourself. You didn't die through excess.

i wonder if he saw the writing on the wall that grunge was dead and he was about to be forgotten, and all the fame he had hated in the beginning he had come to love - losing it would be to much to bear. Realizing he was 27, he shoots himself and joins the 27 club; becoming "immortal" in terms of music.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
Adler_Sorum_Brain
Rocker

« Reply #87 on: August 28, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »

You are right, i share your opinion ( good song btw - opinion  ok)

And also another thing..I don?t get why people call him " God "..Some emo wanker said to me once " He wasn?t god, but as close as a person can get to a god"..Um..What a fuck did he do for the world peace ? See what i mean ?  He made amazing music, and i didn?t dig the showsalesman who wrote shit about him a few posts back, but that?s as far it goes for me.

BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #88 on: August 28, 2007, 01:41:10 PM »

Yeah...and ?

Lil' Butters said that they had 2. I was just saying, they had 3.

norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2007, 01:46:07 PM »

Incesticide doesn't count?
I see that+ bleach, nevermind and in utero if you don't count unplugged either.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »

incesticide was mostly a collection of stuff that was done before Bleach.  So I wouldn't count it, its from a lot of different recording sessions.

In Utero is an ace fucking album.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2007, 02:57:36 PM »

incesticide was mostly a collection of stuff that was done before Bleach.? So I wouldn't count it, its from a lot of different recording sessions.

Teenage angst has paid of well, now i'm bored an old.
I just wan't you to know that I don't hate you anymore, but there is nothing I can feel that I haven't felt before.

I like that album too, there's some great lyrics in it. Or bleach if you like the more raw stuff. School! headbanger

Were looking to see if the docu was on youtube or something, nothing yet with that title.

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
BlowUpYourVideo
Swimmin' in my ability
Legend

Carbon monoxide

« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2007, 03:04:31 PM »

Nirvana have more compilations/live albums than proper studio albums. Incesticide, With The Lights Out, From The Muddy Banks..., Unplugged, Nirvana, Sliver etc.

I agree with norway about School. headbanger

acompleteunknown
Rocker

I got a message for you...

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2008, 06:26:54 PM »

It seems like this thread has moved away from the original subject. 

I just watch the last 48 hours of Kurt Cobain and thought that the Duff commentary was actually very interesting and very insightful.  He's not in just one scene...he's interviewed all through-out the entire movie.  also, this is the first time I've ever heard him talk in depth about sitting next to Kurt on the plane from LA to Seattle...days before Kurt died.  According to Duff, they got along fine and shared a few drinks on the flight.  Duff was even going to invite him over to his place...but Kurt took off before he could do that.

Much of Duff's comments relate to his own addiction problems and trying to shed some light on what Kurt was possibly going through. 

What are the Eleven Best songs by....

http://goodbadunknown.blogspot.com/
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2008, 07:01:08 PM »

I just watch the last 48 hours of Kurt Cobain and thought that the Duff commentary was actually very interesting and very insightful.  He's not in just one scene...he's interviewed all through-out the entire movie.  also, this is the first time I've ever heard him talk in depth about sitting next to Kurt on the plane from LA to Seattle...days before Kurt died.  According to Duff, they got along fine and shared a few drinks on the flight.  Duff was even going to invite him over to his place...but Kurt took off before he could do that.

Much of Duff's comments relate to his own addiction problems and trying to shed some light on what Kurt was possibly going through. 

I think the thread moved away from 2008 and you found it!

But seriously, I do need to see this movie  ok

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »

Yes, I think they both had drugs pushed onto them by people whom they thought they could trust/knew.
These people probably came across as being "attractive" for some reason.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 07:31:58 PM by Rapunzel » Logged

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2008, 07:28:46 PM »

agree, my fave, kurt was an amazing songwriter and singer. too bad he killed himself (or someone killed
him, as I think since all his close friends said, even if his stomach was so painful, he wasn't suicidal at all)

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Rapunzel
Yes, I will probably get banned again.
Banned
Rocker

Are you good looking?

« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2008, 07:50:55 PM »

Yes, that's right, he had a child to live for.

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: