Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:19:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228000 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 184684 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »

Time to hang it up, boys.? Or at least start using a new name...

people could say the same for gnr

i'm not a hater, i love some of the new stuff, i'm just bringin up a point

And it's a good point.  I suppose that, to me, Axl is GnR.  However, it could be argued that Eddie and Alex "are" Van Halen, regardless of who's singing.  It's just that - no matter how absurd things have gotten in the past - Eddie's illnesses and "cure" for cancer, the Dave/Sammy back and forth, Michael Anthony being in/out/in, the unfortunate Gary Cherone effort, the fact that Eddie is replacing Anthony with his fifteen year old son is just a bit...much, in my opinion. 

But again, you make a good point, and the comparison you draw is a fair one.  I just think that not having a singer and replacing Michael Anthony with a teenager - Eddie's son or not - is going to a bit too far...
IDGAF
Opening Act

already gone to hell

« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2006, 09:00:57 PM »

it is totally going too far....its a joke

what we've got here is failure to communicate...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #122 on: November 06, 2006, 05:40:33 PM »

G4's TheFeed reports that Eddie Van Halen's spokesperson Janie Liszewski has revealed that VAN HALEN is currently writing and rehearsing for a summer 2007 tour. In addition, Liszewski has confirmed that Eddie's son Wolfgang has officially been named the new bassist in the band.

"Yes, I can confirm this story in the respect of Wolfgang being the new bass player for the band and yes he has been in the studio with his dad and uncle rehearsing and writing for an upcoming summer 2007 tour," Liszewski exclusively told TheFeed about the article that was first posted on TMZ.com last week. "Wolfgang most certainly has inherited the Van Halen musical genius gene. At 15 years of age his knowledge, understanding, skill, and command of multiple instruments is impressive."

When asked about the rumor that the VAN HALEN boys will enlist original VH singer David Lee Roth into the fold for this tour, Liszewski said, "There has been no confirmation that David Lee Roth will be touring this coming summer."

Liszewski also confirmed what Eddie announced on "The Howard Stern Show" in September ? that Michael Anthony is definitely no longer in VAN HALEN.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #123 on: December 11, 2006, 05:03:07 PM »

Eddie Van Halen spoke to Guitar World magazine about the current status of VAN HALEN following the departures of vocalist Sammy Hagar and bassist Michael Anthony.

Rumors continue to swirl that original singer David Lee Roth, who was replaced by Hagar in the mid-1980s, will return to the fold, despite years of enmity. Roth, who has recently worked as a radio DJ and a paramedic, told Billboard.com in May that he saw it "absolutely as an inevitability."

"I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'" Eddie told Guitar World. "As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the ocassion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

Eddie has brought his 15-year-old son, Wolfgang, into VAN HALEN as the veteran rock band's new bass player. Father and son, along with Eddie's drummer brother Alex, have been rehearsing for a 2007 tour.

"Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," said Eddie. "He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #124 on: December 11, 2006, 05:08:21 PM »

Come on Dave, make this happen.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2006, 06:09:23 PM »

"Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing," said Eddie. "He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our shit. The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

Theres no way on this planet he can say his son, someone whos played for three months can kick his ass, and in anyway bring something better in that micheal antony.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #126 on: December 12, 2006, 12:14:05 AM »

Wolfgang is verrrrry talented.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #127 on: December 12, 2006, 07:13:50 PM »

Just my personal opinion, but having a 15 year old on stage with Eddie, Alex, and Dave just doesn't fit, son or not.  I'll hold off for the reunion tour that includes original members of legal drinkning age...power to them for moving forward, though.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #128 on: December 12, 2006, 07:29:35 PM »

It sure beats having no "Reunion."

If Eddie Van Halen thinks his son is good enough, than by George I'll believe him.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #129 on: December 13, 2006, 07:15:54 AM »

It sure beats having no "Reunion."

If Eddie Van Halen thinks his son is good enough, than by George I'll believe him.

as a bass player though, it would be nice to see micheal on bass duties.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #130 on: December 13, 2006, 12:20:32 PM »

Ya I gotta say I would much rather see a true VH reunion with Micheal but if Wolfgang is the only way were gonna get it then so be it...It's gonna be wierd for people that dont know about this to showup and see a 15 year old or however old he is on stage

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #131 on: December 13, 2006, 06:31:23 PM »

Has Michael Anthony been heard from since his "dismissal?"
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #132 on: December 13, 2006, 06:45:32 PM »

He's been playing with Sammy.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #133 on: December 13, 2006, 06:53:20 PM »

i think he said something on leaving. to do with the brothers having there own thing going and shutting him out.

html sucks
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #134 on: December 13, 2006, 07:03:35 PM »

I recall reading or hearing something about Hagar and Anthony splitting up and the Van Halen brothers being together during rehearsals/meetings/on the plane.

I think this move has been in the works for a long time.  The VH bro's would opnly speak to each other in Dutch, and that would leave Hagar and Anthony on their own.  Clearing the way for Wolfgang on bass.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:30 PM »

I remember him making comments about being tired of the endless inactivity with Van Halen, still hanging out and being friends w/ Sammy, and just wanting to play and have a good time.  Something else about being officially banned from promoting his own hot sauce (barbecue sauce?) by the brothers during any VH-related interviews, and being generally frustrated.

That was all *before* his "official" firing and having Wolfgang replace him in the band...just curious if Michael has said anything since...
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2006, 08:44:20 PM »

Wasn't Hagar the one with hot sauce?  Also tequila too, if I'm not mistaken.

The important thing is he's having fun instead of bickering with Eddie.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #137 on: December 14, 2006, 03:01:15 PM »

Mike was asked to rejoin in this roth reunion... but the conditions were that he would have to stop playing with sammy hagar as the other half...

well see if it happens?? I hope it does... Even thought it wont be the same, I want to say I saw DLR/EVH
Malcolm
Legend

« Reply #138 on: December 15, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »

Legendary rock photographer Ross Halfin has updated the "Diary" section of his web site with the following message (dated December 13, 2006):

"Head off to meet up with Edward Van Halen. It is hot today and I'm in black which doesn't help my thumping head. I feel like I'm being cooked in the sun ? tortured...

"Edward is in a great mood, he's easy to work with. And I'm not saying who or what I shot, but I will tell you Edward played a couple of CDs which I thought were from 1978 (it was from two days ago) of VAN HALEN rehearsing with [Eddie' son] Wolfgang Van Halen on bass. It was jaw-droppingly amazing. They played 'On Fire', 'I'm The One', 'Atomic Punk'. I'm not listing the rest, but I will tell you the band sounded untouchable. On 'Jamie's Crying' they did a long bass-lead jam on the intro ? the band rocked. I don't like that word (too American) but the band rock ? really rock. It was as exciting as the first time I saw them. They will come back and destroy the world. One of the tightest, freshest sounding groups ever. I want to go and play the first album as soon as I get home. Had a blast listening to them, it made me remember why I liked music in the first place. Having Edward's son on bass has rejuvenated them.

"They were rehearsing later that afternoon. I was invited ? I wish I was staying...Got to LAX and got moved to the front of the plane. I was going to shoot the night sky, but couldn't get motivated. I'm still feeling ill ? I should have stayed and watched VAN HALEN."

As previously reported, it's looking more and more like David Lee Roth and Eddie Van Halen will reunite at least one more time in VAN HALEN. Eddie and his brother Alex are prepping for a tour next year, with Eddie's 15-year-old son Wolfgang on bass instead of Michael Anthony, but no singer has been officially announced. Now Eddie told Guitar World magazine, "I'm telling Dave, 'Dude, get your ass up here and sing, bitch! Come on!'... As it stands right now, the ball is in Dave's court. Whether he wants to rise to the occasion is entirely up to him, but we're ready to go."

There had also been talk recently that another member of the VAN HALEN clan would be the new singer, but most reports have said the job belongs to Roth, according to Launch Radio Networks.

As for having his son in the band, Eddie said, "Wolfgang breathes new life into what we're doing. He brings youthfulness to something that's inherently youthful. He's only been playing bass for three months, but it's spooky. He's locked tight and puts an incredible spin on our (stuff). The kid is kicking my ass! He's spanking me now, even though I never spanked him. To have my son follow in my footsteps on his own, without me pushing him into it, is the greatest feeling in the world."

There's no word on when the new lineup will be officially unveiled.

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2006, 04:49:31 PM »

"There had also been talk recently that another member of the VAN HALEN clan would be the new singer..."

Really?  Who would that be?   

And if the band is rehearsing "Atomic Punk," all signs point to Dave, yes?  No matter what, I'll be glad to have VH back in action...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: