Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 09:14:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228005 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Bad Obsession
| | |-+  Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official Sammy Hagar/David Lee Roth/Van Halen Thread  (Read 184699 times)
JohnMorrison73
Banned
VIP

CRIME SCENE SLUNK

« Reply #140 on: December 16, 2006, 06:59:32 PM »

the only real singer for "van halen" is david lee roth.. i think sammy hagar is gay

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #141 on: December 17, 2006, 06:47:04 PM »

I think they're both great within VH, and I enjoy the VH albums they've both worked on (note: ignoring the Cherone era).  Me, I really came into the band during the Sammy days, but I'll be happy to see Dave back in the band as well...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #142 on: December 17, 2006, 08:50:28 PM »

With dave they were a kickass hard rock band.. loud guitars, partying..

with sammy they sort of became a ballad band I mean they went from "aint talkin bout love' to "why cant this be love'
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #143 on: December 17, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »

True.? Especially the later Sammy records...the only singles were the ballads, from what I remember.? Still, for me, 5150 was the definitive Van Halen album - Summer Nights, Dreams, Get Up, Best of Both Worlds.? Great, great stuff.
guns_n_motley
« Reply #144 on: December 20, 2006, 09:59:29 AM »

some more info

From THE GUY at rotharmy......

I am going to clear a few things up right now.

Dave is still part of the 2007 plans and nothing has changed. I read on that other site where someone claims to know that he is out again.

The tour will start in the spring, there will be some new material to coincide with it and it sounds pretty damn great right now even though its not completed lyrically yet.

Even though he has not been playing bass for very long, Wolfie has been playing the guitar for quite a long time and he has the chops. The playing won't be a problem and from what I have heard, vocally it won't be bad either, he's not Mike but he's not bad.

An announcement could be coming in just a couple of weeks, thats how well things are going.
This is a mature Van Halen, just playing the tunes and rocking out. Even though they have a 15 year old member now.
Don't expect the heavy partying boys of the late 70's-1984, they are having fun again plain and simple.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #145 on: December 20, 2006, 09:51:44 PM »

So "Wolfie" is doing backing vocals, too?!?!
BillBailey
Headliner

greatest piece of album art ever UYI

« Reply #146 on: December 20, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »

So "Wolfie" is doing backing vocals, too?!?!

Exactly. Everyone knows that Michael Anthony does all of the backing vocals in every fucking song. How do you replace that with some kid no matter how talented he is on the fucking guitar?

There's a lot goin on here.....
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #147 on: December 21, 2006, 06:44:31 AM »

Well, it's also not fair to judge before hearing what the current VH lineup is capable of.  That said, I'm still mighty skeptical...
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #148 on: December 21, 2006, 08:57:49 AM »

if dave does not join for this tour. we wont ever see them together again i dont think, they are old enough as it is.

Its a damn shame.

html sucks
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #149 on: December 29, 2006, 10:33:41 AM »

TMZ caught up with David Lee Roth in Manhattan last night, and he warned that a potential Van Halen reunion could result in a NASCAR-style wreck. Or a "Jerry Springer"-like brawl. Or even a "Knots Landing"-esque bitchfight!

Diamond Dave, looking dapper and well-coifed outside of Marquee, said that he's excited that Van Halen was nominated for a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but wondered whether the band would spontaneously combust if they reunited. For months, the band has hinted at a reunion, but Roth admitted in May that he hasn't spoken to guitarist Eddie Van Halen for almost two years.

"A Van Halen reunion is a lot like NASCAR -- are you there to see the winner or the crash?" mused Dave. "In this aspect, we're a lot closer to "Jerry Springer" meets "Knots Landing, which, to me, sells T-shirts." And probably tickets too.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #150 on: December 29, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »

TMZ caught up with David Lee Roth in Manhattan last night, and he warned that a potential Van Halen reunion could result in a NASCAR-style wreck. Or a "Jerry Springer"-like brawl. Or even a "Knots Landing"-esque bitchfight!

Diamond Dave, looking dapper and well-coifed outside of Marquee, said that he's excited that Van Halen was nominated for a spot in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but wondered whether the band would spontaneously combust if they reunited. For months, the band has hinted at a reunion, but Roth admitted in May that he hasn't spoken to guitarist Eddie Van Halen for almost two years.

"A Van Halen reunion is a lot like NASCAR -- are you there to see the winner or the crash?" mused Dave. "In this aspect, we're a lot closer to "Jerry Springer" meets "Knots Landing, which, to me, sells T-shirts." And probably tickets too.

That's a change of pace.  From what I remember, Dave was ALWAYS up for a reunion, and always talking about how it would happen someday.  From him to be talking it down, he's either had a complete change of heart (unlikely, given how much he enjoys being on stage and in the spotlight) or he's trying to downplay the whole thing until an announcement is made...
guns_n_motley
« Reply #151 on: December 29, 2006, 11:32:08 AM »

Dave really gave no information in that....that doesnt mean a reunion wont happen.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2006, 12:08:55 AM »

I'm still happy about Dave's hair now. The comb over he used to have was annoying.

Anthony was touring with Hagar this summer, which was interesting since they played a lot of VH covers together. Why doesn't Anthony join VH on tour? Is there a reason?
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2006, 08:51:16 AM »

Michael Anthony is no longer in Van Halen-there have been rumors that Eddie has been looking to replace him for a while now, he didn't play on any of the 3 songs on BOBW, and rumors that he did not play on Van Halen 3-Alex Van Halen did not play on some songs on Van Halen 3 also, he was going through a divorce at the time-I still think that Gary Cherone had nothing to do with how poorly that record sounded-it was produced terribly-Eddie is no producer, and it's possible he was playing some of the bass parts-I'm not sure Mike Post ever produced a rock record (and no, Sonny and Cher does not count-Eddie bragged how Mike Post produced a lot of their stuff)-I have no idea what Eddie was thinking then-it would have been neat to see Gary record another record with them, maybe not billed as Van Halen-anyway, I wish they would get back together with Roth for one more album and tour-it's amazing how egos ruined what could have been more brilliant music from those 2.

libertad
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2006, 08:53:40 AM »

Dave really gave no information in that....that doesnt mean a reunion wont happen.

I agree with you, and I hope it does happen.  There's just a difference in Dave - before he was all about saying it would happen, it *needs* to happen, etc.  It's just weird to hear him being so...laid back about it.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2006, 08:55:38 AM »

I thought his comment was encouraging, as in you won't want to miss this tour-you never know what might happen

libertad
guns_n_motley
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2006, 10:05:13 AM »

I agree with you, and I hope it does happen.? There's just a difference in Dave - before he was all about saying it would happen, it *needs* to happen, etc.? It's just weird to hear him being so...laid back about it.

True, but it could be to cover it up. it is strange how back in janruary he was all "gung ho" about a reunion. and now hes playing quiet??
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2006, 12:05:13 PM »

Oh, I'm sure it is to cover it up.  Dave's the *last* guy to turn something like this down...looking forward to seeing them either way!
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2006, 12:54:25 PM »

I dont think hes saying it wont happen guys...I think hes promoting it saying this is what it could be like so come to the shows...There was a video with it and he didnt seem like he was saying its not gonna happen

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2006, 02:26:56 PM »

All the guys in Motley downplayed their reunion in the months preceding it.  Dave will be back.  I just wish Michael Anthony was part of the reunion.  Definitely will be missed.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 53 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: