Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 04:28:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227941 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Should Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be allowed to vist ground zero in NYC?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Should Mahmoud Ahmadinejad be allowed to vist ground zero in NYC?  (Read 22679 times)
SLCPUNK
« Reply #80 on: September 24, 2007, 01:23:41 AM »

Why won't anybody tell Ahmadinejad that Member Only jackets are not kewl anymore?
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #81 on: September 24, 2007, 04:47:24 AM »

One of his main reasons for visiting America is to ease strained relations between the two nations.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:20 AM »

One of his main reasons for visiting America is to ease strained relations between the two nations.

I don't think he cares very much about US -Iranian relations. He's more into raising the stature of Iran.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
stolat
Banned
VIP

Brains and Beauty are a lethal combination!

« Reply #83 on: September 24, 2007, 08:26:33 AM »

I don't think he cares very much about US -Iranian relations. He's more into raising the stature of Iran.

Well, that's how the news in Australia reported it this evening.

Eat cake or Fuck Off.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #84 on: September 24, 2007, 08:49:43 AM »

Why won't anybody tell Ahmadinejad that Member Only jackets are not kewl anymore?

That's why he's coming to America man.  He's like "I would like to visit this great capitalist machine known as a 'K-Mart.'  The deals there are harder to believe than the Holocaust."

That way he's ready for his big speech in the hopes that someone will ask him, "Sir, are those Bugle Boy jeans you're wearing?"...."Shiite, yeah mofo...I love US and A."

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #85 on: September 24, 2007, 10:16:52 AM »

? ? If he would like to visit the site area w/o entering and do so w/o our Sec Service for security and has a proper visa to leave the protection zone of the UN, then give it a go.? Maybe as a civil engineer he wants to take a look maybe give a suggestion, maybe he really cares about the 9/11 victims or He wants to go home to say he was there to honor the martyrs.? He may do so or become a victim of a random act of violence in a big city.
? ? I personally would rather he didn't go to NYC at all but I'm just a working stiff whose opinion doesn't matter and is posting on a GnR fansite Kiss
? ? Maybe ahmadinejad is a HTGTH member and will take into consideration all of the opinons of this thread and make up his mind and then just wait patiently for a the new C.D. with a new centrifuge bonus pack.

We need to relax.? Some post were amusing and some disturbing.? Whatever.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #86 on: September 24, 2007, 10:20:41 AM »

He's not "visiting America."  He's using his right as a state's leader to speak at the UN, which happens to BE in America.  If the UN weren't here, he wouldn't be coming or, in all likelihood, he wouldn't be granted a visa.

That's why he's coming to America man.  He's like "I would like to visit this great capitalist machine known as a 'K-Mart.'  The deals there are harder to believe than the Holocaust."

The Blue Light Special is a myth.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2007, 10:43:54 AM »

He's not "visiting America."? He's using his right as a state's leader to speak at the UN, which happens to BE in America.? If the UN weren't here, he wouldn't be coming or, in all likelihood, he wouldn't be granted a visa.
He wouldn't be on 60 minutes either
That's why he's coming to America man.? He's like "I would like to visit this great capitalist machine known as a 'K-Mart.'? The deals there are harder to believe than the Holocaust."

The Blue Light Special is a myth.
Damn you! Ok Ok I'll be Alright.? It's all coming together now..The Martha Stewart Line is now at Macy's! so that's where the blue light is. Thanks.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
SLCPUNK
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2007, 01:27:33 PM »

I think it is about time we learn to create a dialog between the two countries. Bush's "I don't talk to these guys" has proven to be disastrous.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2007, 03:49:26 PM »

Did anyone watch Ahmadinejad's speach? The President of Columbia tore into him like a hyena; at one point saying he exhibited "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator". In the question and answer part, Ahmadinejad dodged every question put to him, and instead, relied on straw man arguments in a vain attemp at making his point. When ask about the execution of homosexuals, his response was that Iran has no homosexuals. This guy is a real piece of shit. Without the restrictions placed on Iran's elections by the Clerics, this asshole would have never been elected. The Iranian people deserve so much better.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2007, 04:05:59 PM »

I think it is about time we learn to create a dialog between the two countries. Bush's "I don't talk to these guys" has proven to be disastrous.
This policy has been in effect since 79 with Iran. ?1961 with Cuba ect.. ?Sometimes there's is no talking to some leaders until the people finally reject that leader. ?Does ahmadinejad run Iran or does the Clerics and Fundamentalists run it with him as a mouth piece. ?The people of Iran do want to be a real democracy or at least open change and I really don't know if ahmadinejad is trying to change or playing the role of a double agent. ?Besides down with the US and Isreal rantings, He wants to work with Russia yet supports Chechnyan Rebels and verbally jabs Russia at the same time? ?The world has the same view of this guy and they just doesn't trust him. ?Why should they, he inflames issues historical and current and then claims that he's misunderstood that he says these things to create dialog. ?All politicians speak in riddles but do not fund or promote terror to create dialog?
 ? ? We'll see what his speeches bring and if Iran's people and Cleric's call him out for inflammatory comments, like they have before. ?Even their unsure of him publicly at least. ?So far his Columbia University opening wasn't too pleasant for him. ?Will answer a direct question? ?We'll see.

? ?And while I was typing FC ^ sums it up pretty well.?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 04:08:16 PM by JMack » Logged

Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2007, 04:13:47 PM »

Did anyone watch Ahmadinejad's speach? The President of Columbia tore into him like a hyena; at one point saying he exhibited "all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator". In the question and answer part, Ahmadinejad dodged every question put to him, and instead, relied on straw man arguments in a vain attemp at making his point. When ask about the execution of homosexuals, his response was that Iran has no homosexuals. This guy is a real piece of shit. Without the restrictions placed on Iran's elections by the Clerics, this asshole would have never been elected. The Iranian people deserve so much better.

do not put your trust on these translation, the 60 minutes interview was VERY badly translated ...
then again, if watching Ahmadinejad makes you feel better about your own president, good for you.

Ahmadinejad interviews shows only one thing, the people that your media picture as evil and insane are actually very much like you and i.
And Ahmadinejad wishing for Israel regime to collapse (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/weekinreview/11bronner.html?ex=1307678400&en=efa2bd266224e880&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss read how he didnt not really ask for israel to be wiped out ...) is pretty much the same thing as GW Bush calling for a worldwide war, putting Hamas and Hezbollah, Farc and ETA at the same level of Al-quaeda.

taking all the "freedom fighters" - who might be terrorist at the same time, i know it - and putting 'em in the same bag as Al-quaeda, giving to the various regime (spain, columbia, palestine) the right to crush any voice asking for a change or freedom.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2007, 04:22:50 PM »

Ahmadinejad questions 9/11, Holocaust

By NAHAL TOOSI, Associated Press Writer 23 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad questioned the official version of the Sept. 11 attacks and defended the right to cast doubt on the Holocaust in a tense appearance at Columbia University, whose president accused the hard-line leader of behaving like "a petty and cruel dictator."

Ahmadinejad smiled at first but appeared increasingly agitated, decrying the "insults" and "unfriendly treatment." Columbia President Lee Bollinger and audience members took him to task over Iran's human-rights record and foreign policy, as well as Ahmadinejad's statements denying the Holocaust and calling for the disappearance of Israel.

"Mr. President, you exhibit all the signs of a petty and cruel dictator," Bollinger said, to loud applause.

He said Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust might fool the illiterate and ignorant.

"When you come to a place like this it makes you simply ridiculous," Bollinger said. "The truth is that the Holocaust is the most documented event in human history."

Ahmadinejad rose, also to applause, and after a religious invocation, said Bollinger's opening was "an insult to information and the knowledge of the audience here."

"There were insults and claims that were incorrect, regretfully," Ahmadinejad said, accusing Bollinger of falling under the influence of the hostile U.S. press and politicians. "I should not begin by being affected by this unfriendly treatment."

During a question and answer session, Ahmadinejad appeared tense and unsmiling, in contrast to more relaxed interviews and appearances earlier in the day.

In response to one audience, Ahmadinejad denied he was questioning the existence of the Holocaust: "Granted this happened, what does it have to do with the Palestinian people?"

But then he said he was defending the rights of European scholars, an apparent reference to a small number who have been prosecuted under national laws for denying or minimizing the Holocaust.

"There's nothing known as absolute," he said.

He reiterated his desire to visit ground zero to express sympathy with the victims of the Sept. 11 attacks, but then appeared to question whether al-Qaida was responsible.

"Why did this happen? What caused it? What conditions led to it?" he said. "Who truly was involved? Who was really involved and put it all together?"

Asked about executions of homosexuals in Iran, Ahmadinejad said the judiciary system executed violent criminals and high-level drug dealers, comparing them to microbes eliminated through medical treatment. Pressed specifically about punishment of homosexuals, he said: "In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country."

With the audience laughing derisively, he continued: "In Iran we do not have this phenomenon. I don't know who's told you that we have this."

Bollinger was strongly criticized for inviting Ahmadinejad to Columbia, and had promised tough questions in his introduction to Ahmadinejad's talk. But the strident and personal nature of his attack on the president of Iran was startling.

"You are either brazenly provocative or astonishingly uneducated," Bollinger told Ahmadinejad about the leader's Holocaust denial.

During his prepared remarks, the Iranian president did not address Bollinger's accusations directly.

Suzanne Maloney, a foreign policy fellow at the Brookings Institution, said Ahmadinejad's softer tone on Israel in this speech may reflect backlash in his own country.

"There's been widespread commentary in Iran, even on the far-right, that Ahmadinejad's position on Israel has hurt the country's diplomatic relations," said Maloney. "The fact that he was frankly unwilling to go as far as he has in the past suggests there may have been some consequences for him at home."

President Bush said Ahmadinejad's appearance at Columbia "speaks volumes about really the greatness of America."

He told Fox News Channel that if Bollinger considers Ahmadinejad's visit an educational experience for Columbia students, "I guess it's OK with me."

Other American officials were less sympathetic.

On Capitol Hill, conservatives said Columbia should not have invited Ahmadinejad to speak. Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said "there is a world of difference between not preventing Ahmadinejad from speaking and handing a megalomaniac a megaphone and a stage to use it."

Sen. Joseph Lieberman, I-Conn., said he thought Columbia's invitation to Ahmadinejad was a mistake "because he comes literally with blood on his hands."

Thousands of people jammed two blocks of 47th Street across from the United Nations to protest Ahmadinejad's visit to New York. Organizers claimed a turnout of tens of thousands. Police did not immediately have a crowd estimate.

The speakers, most of them politicians and officials from Jewish organizations, proclaimed their support for Israel and criticized the Iranian leader for his remarks questioning the Holocaust.

"We're here today to send a message that there is never a reason to give a hatemonger an open stage," New York City Council Speaker Christine Quinn said.

Protesters also assembled at Columbia. Dozens stood near the lecture hall where Ahmadinejad was scheduled to speak, linking arms and singing traditional Jewish folk songs about peace and brotherhood, while nearby a two-person band played "You Are My Sunshine."

Signs in the crowd displayed a range of messages, including one that read "We refuse to choose between Islamic fundamentalism and American imperialism."
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2007, 04:39:01 PM »

THIS is the biggest bullshit i've read.

Oh my god ...  America and Europe are sucking Russia's dick and welcoming Putin in roses. Praising the Saudis as friends. This makes me so mad.
And here you recieve a FUCKIN PRESIDENT and call him "petty and cruel" .... i mean ....  come on !

i can't even start ranting about double standards, cause its been going on for decades, we fuckin SET UP dictators all over the world. we respect diplomatic rules and respect even when recieving "enemies" and here the fuckin douche from columbia insults the man (even if he is wrong on many subject ... the guy dont even run the country) Columbia president should read hsi lectures and learn about the political system in iran ....

fuckin' a. we suck. here we are trying to make the world a better a place, the guy comes and wants to discuss and we insult him .... then we want to pretend we're the civilized ones ?

homosexuals  in iran ? FOR CHRIST SAKE !!!!!!!!!!!  what the fuck is this question Huh?

do papoos come and ask why the fuck we cover our penis in public Huh

fuck.

The Dog
Legend

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2007, 06:50:52 PM »

I believe the question was one of the level of intolerance.  to say there are no homosexuals in Iran is just naive. its an important issue here, and he was coming here so of course people are going to ask him questions like taht.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2007, 07:10:38 PM »

do not put your trust on these translation, the 60 minutes interview was VERY badly translated ...
then again, if watching Ahmadinejad makes you feel better about your own president, good for you.

Ahmadinejad interviews shows only one thing, the people that your media picture as evil and insane are actually very much like you and i.
And Ahmadinejad wishing for Israel regime to collapse (http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/11/weekinreview/11bronner.html?ex=1307678400&en=efa2bd266224e880&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss read how he didnt not really ask for israel to be wiped out ...) is pretty much the same thing as GW Bush calling for a worldwide war, putting Hamas and Hezbollah, Farc and ETA at the same level of Al-quaeda.

taking all the "freedom fighters" - who might be terrorist at the same time, i know it - and putting 'em in the same bag as Al-quaeda, giving to the various regime (spain, columbia, palestine) the right to crush any voice asking for a change or freedom.

Dude, Ahmadinejad had his own tranlator. That is a common practise of Heads of State ... think about it for a moment, and it will make sense.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2007, 07:29:25 PM »

homosexuals in iran ? FOR CHRIST SAKE !!!!!!!!!!! what the fuck is this question Huh?

Actually, the question was about the execution of homosexuals in Iran due to their sexual preference. To which the asshole denied the exsistence of homosexuality in Iran.

Regarding "calling him petty and cruel", This was not a State visit. He(the asshole) was visiting a University to give a speach, and then take questions, and we tend to ask hard questions ... especially students ... especially when confronting a tyrant. You think his(the asshole) is not a tyrannical regime? Go to Iran and criticise Islam or the Ayatollas; blaspheme one of those sanctimonious fuckers ... it will probably cost you your life.

freedom78
Legend

« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2007, 07:51:08 PM »

It doesn't, but I fail to understand why, for you, nothing can be viewed singularly.  Can't I dislike Ahmadinejad, without it having anything to do with my preference for Bush (or someone else's for Brown, or your's for Sarkozy)? 

THIS is the biggest bullshit i've read.

Oh my god ...  America and Europe are sucking Russia's dick and welcoming Putin in roses. Praising the Saudis as friends. This makes me so mad.
And here you recieve a FUCKIN PRESIDENT and call him "petty and cruel" .... i mean ....  come on !

i can't even start ranting about double standards, cause its been going on for decades, we fuckin SET UP dictators all over the world. we respect diplomatic rules and respect even when recieving "enemies" and here the fuckin douche from columbia insults the man (even if he is wrong on many subject ... the guy dont even run the country) Columbia president should read hsi lectures and learn about the political system in iran ....

fuckin' a. we suck. here we are trying to make the world a better a place, the guy comes and wants to discuss and we insult him .... then we want to pretend we're the civilized ones ?

Sadly, you're right (not sad that YOU'RE right, but sad that it's true  peace).  Ahmadinejad is really not all that different than the Saudi regime, except that he's not on "our side."  The Cold War policy of propping up "friendly" dictators has been and will continue to be a very costly one.

do papoos come and ask why the fuck we cover our penis in public Huh

fuck.

Huh

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
Dr. Blutarsky
Legend

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2007, 08:22:25 PM »

Ahmadinejad is a manipulative head of state who does not give 2 shits about America or the west. The guy wants to grow Iran's influence in the middle east and the world, that is his primary goal. He gave like an hour of religious rhetoric  and after that I don't think he directly answered one question.

1̶2̶/̶1̶3̶/̶0̶2̶ - T̶a̶m̶p̶a̶,̶ ̶F̶L̶
10/31/06 - Jacksonville, FL
10/28/11 - Orlando, FL
3/3/12 - Orlando, FL
7/29/16 - Orlando, FL
8/8/17 - Miami, FL
SLCPUNK
« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2007, 09:34:16 PM »

And you know this because?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: