Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 08:02:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 32488 times)
GeraldFord
« on: September 29, 2007, 12:15:54 PM »

What would you like to see?

If VR do record a new album, I guess it's safe to assume that it'll be the last one. I'm hoping they stretch their creative muscle a little more this time. I'd like something a little more challenging and offbeat then the straight forward (albeit excellent) Libertad.

Thoughts?
SlashRock
Rocker

G'N'F'n'R

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:10:34 PM »

I hope there's even more than one more album to come! They're one of the only good bands around today. I hope on the next album they'll be a bit more adventurous and let Slash dominate a little bit more. More songs like 'Messages' please.

'Excuse me whilst I kiss the sky!'
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 01:14:23 PM »

I would like to have an album full of more songs like "Let It Roll". Straight ahead rock with a ton of Slash riffing and, as I had already hoped for with album numero 2, way more solos. And alot more Duff. He is kind of absent on a lot of Libertad. Doesn't play bad at all, but doesn't stand out anywhere particuarly. And maybe have him sing something too. I would love it if VR had a song like "Good News" from the Neurotic Outsiders on the next album with Duff singing.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
hellfirecan
Headliner

My dog dreaming is running...

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2007, 04:02:46 PM »

I would like to see a third as well as I feel they are getting better with each album.  I am not counting that there will be a third one...but one can only hope

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2007, 04:10:47 PM »

If there is a third album, it will be more like Contraband.

Hopefully they won't bow to pressures from the record label when making this album.
mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2007, 04:26:10 PM »

What would you like to see?

If VR do record a new album, I guess it's safe to assume that it'll be the last one. I'm hoping they stretch their creative muscle a little more this time. I'd like something a little more challenging and offbeat then the straight forward (albeit excellent) Libertad.

Thoughts?

to be a hard rock band again, not some pussyass band.

html sucks
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2007, 07:21:07 PM »

If there is a third album, it will be more like Contraband.

Hopefully they won't bow to pressures from the record label when making this album.

I'm not sure what you mean by that? Because anyone in the music industry will tell you that the label would have wanted a record like Contraband as the second album, seeing as how Contraband sold so well.  Why do you think SBQM was the first single?  The record label beleives VR's was because Contraband was a mass-appealing album and probably demanded or preferred the same record again.  But obviously no musician with any respect for himself wants to repeat themselves on the next album, but be more creative and try different things.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 07:54:36 PM »

So the latest album has only been out for about three months and people are already looking forward to the next one.

I guess Libertad was that good that you can't wait to hear more of the same?

Or not?

Either they just record one very quickly after the tour is over, or there'll be solo projects and then a new VR album in a few years.

I'd guess it'll be the latter.

Who knows if they wanna record another album at that point and just go for some kind of compilation instead.

I guess it depends on the contract they have with RCA.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2007, 08:53:37 PM »

So the latest album has only been out for about three months and people are already looking forward to the next one.

Or not?

Either they just record one very quickly after the tour is over, or there'll be solo projects and then a new VR album in a few years.

Who knows if they wanna record another album at that point and just go for some kind of compilation instead.

/jarmo

with the success of Contraband, chances are RCA extended the contract for another two albums. I doubt the label will drop them, so its really up to the guys if they wanna do another. Like you said, if they want out of the contract, they'd probably release a b-side, live, or best of album.
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »

the day after a new record comes out im already looking forward to the next one

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »

a live album, then a split.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »

Wow, what a short attention span.  Tongue

I personally tend to listen to the albums for a while.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »

Wow, what a short attention span.  Tongue

I personally tend to listen to the albums for a while.

/jarmo

I don't think you understand what he means. Once you've got the album, and listened to it a couple times, you already know what you have. Yes, you do continue to listen to the album, but there is also excitement in wondering what the bands next album will sounds like. Like he said, its something to look forward to.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2007, 11:56:22 PM »

He said the day after the release.

How many times does he listen to the album in that day?  Huh

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 11:59:07 PM by jarmo » Logged

slashvr86
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2007, 12:55:00 AM »

i personally initially liked libertad but wasnt very excited after the initial listenings , hardly ne great slash riffs and solos more of that please!!!!
RTK
Headliner

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2007, 01:17:52 AM »

i personally initially liked libertad but wasnt very excited after the initial listenings , hardly ne great slash riffs and solos more of that please!!!!

That's true, they are lacking, but if you go into the album with specific expectations, chances are they wont be met.   Is a song any worse if the guitar solo is 5 seconds shorter? Although the solo could make it better.  And I don't know, some of  GNR's good riffs werent just written by Slash, his specialty was more of the heavier riffs, which is what he's been doing in VR, so I think he's been consistent in that manner.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2007, 02:02:29 AM »

The only complaint I have is the predictable arrangements of intro, verse, prechorus, chrous, verse, prechorus, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus. Almost every song on libertad follows that arrangement, and it so easy to identify each part, you know automatically whats coming next.

Not enough Slash solo? Get real, what do you expect? him to solo all over the song? Sure, he could maybe have 2-3 solo breaks like he did in most GNR songs. But again, that is due to the repetitive arrangement.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2007, 02:34:55 AM »

The only complaint I have is the predictable arrangements of intro, verse, prechorus, chrous, verse, prechorus, chorus, bridge, solo, chorus. Almost every song on libertad follows that arrangement, and it so easy to identify each part, you know automatically whats coming next.

Not enough Slash solo? Get real, what do you expect? him to solo all over the song? Sure, he could maybe have 2-3 solo breaks like he did in most GNR songs. But again, that is due to the repetitive arrangement.

That is my EXACT complaint too, the arrangements.  Lot of great riffs, melodies, basslines, etc.....but the actual construction of the songs is a bit lacking, with a little extra effort and time spent in this particular regard a lot of these songs could have felt a lot more unique and special.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2007, 06:08:16 AM »

a live album, then a split.

The band was there before Scott, and I think it will be there if he leaves. Typically, 3rd albums have been some really great stuff.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
GeraldFord
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2007, 08:57:00 AM »

Or not?

/jarmo

I think it might be good to "record one very quickly after the tour is over." It may be best not to over-think it and just do a record quickly.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: