Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 11, 2024, 01:50:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228030 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver--album #3
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver--album #3  (Read 32652 times)
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2007, 08:12:04 AM »

^ I must have been mistaken then, because you seem extremely interested in their album sales and all other kinda sales there are regarding them.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2007, 08:38:45 AM »

I'm a hardcore axl fan and like what i've heard from his new band
thats cool.? but you shoulda stopped right here

but because he has the legacy to name his band GNR it doesn't mean that his new band should be named GNR.

BUT BUT BUT

I like the band but ....? ?Roll Eyes

well I'm glad you have an opinion on it, but your opinion on what should and shouldn't be GnR doesn't fucking matter so shut up about it already.? ? Obviously the person who owns the rights to the name Guns N' Roses is the person to make that call.? ?What can you do about it?? ?Not a damn thing.? So maybe you should drop this already and either accept it or fuck off.

so if Steven adler would had got the rights to the name Guns n' Roses, would you see his band as Guns n' roses? Me no

P.D: who are you to tell me "shut up"?

snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2007, 08:42:15 AM »

I don't understand why fans of New GNR want VR to fail so bad.

Does the same apply for the vice versa situation?

VR's success doesn't affect me in any way.

I get excited when some of my favorite bands release albums, announce tours, have new videos on TV etc. VR does nothing like that to me so if their album sells 1000000 or 1000 in a week doesn't affect me at all.

But that doesn't mean I'm not allowed to comment on the things they do or say.

/jarmo

Jarmo why don't you answer my question, i'm anxious to see what you're gonna tell.
You're a reference to me
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2007, 09:39:05 AM »

thats cool.  but you shoulda stopped right here

but because he has the legacy to name his band GNR it doesn't mean that his new band should be named GNR.

BUT BUT BUT

I like the band but ....   Roll Eyes

well I'm glad you have an opinion on it, but your opinion on what should and shouldn't be GnR doesn't fucking matter so shut up about it already.    Obviously the person who owns the rights to the name Guns N' Roses is the person to make that call.   What can you do about it?   Not a damn thing.  So maybe you should drop this already and either accept it or fuck off.

so if Steven adler would had got the rights to the name Guns n' Roses, would you see his band as Guns n' roses? Me no

stupid question.   why throw out bullshit scenarios that never happened?  how about stepping into reality.   I told you to shut up because I am tired of people coming to a GnR board in the year 2007 and telling us this band shouldnt' be called GnR.  That got old years ago.   It is GnR, not a damn thing you can do will change that, Steven Adler has never owned the rights to the name and he never will.   Axl Rose does.   It wouldnt' be such a big deal only that this has been the case for a very very very long time now and trying to argue about whether or not this band should be called GnR is beating a fucking dead horse.    Get over it.
Ines_rocks!
VIP

We take for granted we know the whole story

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2007, 10:05:08 AM »

thats cool.? but you shoulda stopped right here

BUT BUT BUT

I like the band but ....? ?Roll Eyes

well I'm glad you have an opinion on it, but your opinion on what should and shouldn't be GnR doesn't fucking matter so shut up about it already.? ? Obviously the person who owns the rights to the name Guns N' Roses is the person to make that call.? ?What can you do about it?? ?Not a damn thing.? So maybe you should drop this already and either accept it or fuck off.

stupid question.? ?why throw out bullshit scenarios that never happened?? how about stepping into reality.? ?I told you to shut up because I am tired of people coming to a GnR board in the year 2007 and telling us this band shouldnt' be called GnR.? That got old years ago.? ?It is GnR, not a damn thing you can do will change that, Steven Adler has never owned the rights to the name and he never will.? ?Axl Rose does.? ?It wouldnt' be such a big deal only that this has been the case for a very very very long time now and trying to argue about whether or not this band should be called GnR is beating a fucking dead horse.? ? Get over it.

yeah... that is beating a dead horse but this ain?t: http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=49060.msg1003358#msg1003358

"I've always wanted to have it written in my will that when I die, the coffin shows up a half-hour late and says on the side, like in gold, SORRY I'M LATE." Axl Rose, 1992
NicoRourke
On board
Legend

Not sorry.

« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2007, 10:41:05 AM »

Of course no. Adler was there for two albums and was "just" the drummer.

Axl is the frontman, the main writer, the face of the band and the fucking signature voice !!!!

Don't you see a slight difference between the two ?

You know where to put your 'just shut up and sing'.

Long live GN'R.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2007, 11:02:36 AM »

I love how people speak for Axl as if they are best buds and know what he thinks inside.

CD STILL isn't released, Why do u ask?

Has to be because AXL is not pleased with what is on it. Seriously.

THere are NO RIFFS from any of the songs we have heard that are in any way shape or form gonna be classic or hold up to any Old GNR Riffs and solos.

Axl's work is magnificant on the new stuff but the music is lacking in my opinion.

So all the band members have grown up and have probably reflected and realized where they went wrong. U don't spend that much time and create that much great shit and have that close of a relationship and let it just go easily.

If u were tight with someone once, it could happen again especially if the people u have don't quite live up to what u had before.

I use to give Axl the benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to truly think the reason we don't have CD is simply cause it isn't up to the GNR standard.  What else could it be? seriously............

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2007, 11:04:16 AM »

I get excited when some of my favorite bands release albums, announce tours, have new videos on TV etc. VR does nothing like that to me so if their album sells 1000000 or 1000 in a week doesn't affect me at all.

/jarmo

EXACTLY!

Most VR fans want Axl's GNR to fail for ONE REASON:

A reunion.

So maybe the same applies the other way around also?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
CSS
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2007, 11:15:20 AM »

Fuck me.

You know what's REALLY funny?

People come in here and claim that "new" GN'R fans only talks trash about Velvet Revolver and how they want them to fail, and one second later they are the people who are trying to do the exact same thing with Guns N' Roses, but they won't admit it for whatever reason.

Have you heard 'Chinese Democracy' in its complete form? No, so don't rule out the possibility about it being a potential "classic" or what you choose to call it.

Have you heard Velvet Revolver's next studio album? No, so don't rule out that one either.

We all should take the little word of advice and just care about the music, because this is flat out embarrassing.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2007, 01:34:14 PM »

^ I must have been mistaken then, because you seem extremely interested in their album sales and all other kinda sales there are regarding them.

Can't you read?

Just because their sales don't affect me in any way, meaning, it doesn't make me happy or sad, doesn't mean I can't comment on it.

Jarmo why don't you answer my question, i'm anxious to see what you're gonna tell.
You're a reference to me

My age is in my profile, just like you were told earlier.

Unlike you and others like you here, I don't feel the need to hide it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »

/jarmo

ehhh, I don't know how much I believe that  Smiley, I think you get a little pleasure in seeing them get poor sales. C'mon don't tell me you weren't pitching a tent when you heard the opening sales for libertad. Alright, if you say it, I will try to take your word on it
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2007, 05:53:17 PM »

Can't you read?

Just because their sales don't affect me in any way, meaning, it doesn't make me happy or sad, doesn't mean I can't comment on it.

I just learned how to, so you're gonna have to excuse me not being able to read when I commented on your post. now that I know how to, you still don't make any more fucking sense no matter what insults you throw around you.
but ok, I...understand?
let's see, you don't give a flying shit either way if they sell like fuck, or if they don't sell shit at all. and still you spend hours commenting on it? allright.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2007, 05:54:24 PM »

EXACTLY!

Most VR fans want Axl's GNR to fail for ONE REASON:

A reunion.

So maybe the same applies the other way around also?

those people should fuck off
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2007, 05:55:39 PM »

Actually, not so many current GNR fans frequent this section anymore. wonder why.
I'm one of them and I posted that I wish them good.

Maybe I should praise VR to the skies just for GNR's sake as if VR had existed before 2003, or
they as failures would come back to a band they left a decade ago to kick out its long time members
and suddenly be very welcomed.  Huh

Notice those who aren't big on VR in this section are also in many other sections.

Of course no. Adler was there for two albums and was "just" the drummer.

Axl is the frontman, the main writer, the face of the band and the fucking signature voice !!!!

Don't you see a slight difference between the two ?

Why not?  If all the other guys had given up the rights, the name would be his.
Of course I wouldn't be posting at a GNR fan board or seeing a GNR show.

Still I would anyhow have found the band of Axl Robin Tommy Richard Dizzy, Chris ron frank brain and/or bh etc whatever it was called and become a fan, just the same.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2007, 06:37:06 PM »

Well, he should keep a consistant story and there wouldnt' be a need for comments.   Everytime he does an interview something different happened.
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2007, 06:45:17 PM »

Just Like Brian May has said on several occasions "I truly beleive Axl still has not found a guitar player to replace Slash", as in even Axl knows what him and Slash had as far as musicians go was truly magical.  I agree with D, the vocals and lyrics (outside of IRS and maybe Madagascar) are badass.  (the other songs i mention are good, but not earth shattering).  Just like Weiland can't hang with VR's music.  So if you combine the two (being objective at pointing out weaknesses from both bands) you get a great band......WHICH USED TO BE PRETTY MUCH THE CLASSIC LINE UP TO GNR!!!  Jim Bob, I am not saying i want a reunion, but if you took the best parts of both band and made an allstar team with them, you would have Axl, Duff, and Slash on that team for sure.
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2007, 06:51:59 PM »

Just Like Brian May has said on several occasions "I truly beleive Axl still has not found a guitar player to replace Slash", as in even Axl knows what him and Slash had as far as musicians go was truly magical.? I agree with D, the vocals and lyrics (outside of IRS and maybe Madagascar) are badass.? (the other songs i mention are good, but not earth shattering).? Just like Weiland can't hang with VR's music.? So if you combine the two (being objective at pointing out weaknesses from both bands) you get a great band......WHICH USED TO BE PRETTY MUCH THE CLASSIC LINE UP TO GNR!!!? Jim Bob, I am not saying i want a reunion, but if you took the best parts of both band and made an allstar team with them, you would have Axl, Duff, and Slash on that team for sure.

Where did Brian May say that?  Do you have a link?

Ali
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2007, 06:57:31 PM »

I love how people speak for Axl as if they are best buds and know what he thinks inside.

CD STILL isn't released, Why do u ask?

Has to be because AXL is not pleased with what is on it. Seriously.

THere are NO RIFFS from any of the songs we have heard that are in any way shape or form gonna be classic or hold up to any Old GNR Riffs and solos.

Axl's work is magnificant on the new stuff but the music is lacking in my opinion.

So all the band members have grown up and have probably reflected and realized where they went wrong. U don't spend that much time and create that much great shit and have that close of a relationship and let it just go easily.

If u were tight with someone once, it could happen again especially if the people u have don't quite live up to what u had before.

I use to give Axl the benefit of the doubt, but I am starting to truly think the reason we don't have CD is simply cause it isn't up to the GNR standard.? What else could it be? seriously............

It has to be Axl?? No, it doesn't have to be all Axl at this point.

I think the music is anything but lacking on the new GN'R material.? "Catcher In The Rye", "There Was A Time", "Madagascar", "Better", "Chinese Democracy" and "The Blues" are all great musically.? The solos in "Catcher In The Rye", "There Was A Time", "Better" and "The Blues" are all great.? Some of my favorites that have ever been in a GN'R songs.

There are many other reasons that could be behind why the album isn't released at this point.? It's easy to lay it all on Axl and/or the quality of the material, but that doesn't mean it's true.? I think you're grossly oversimplifying things.

Oh, and no offense, but do you realize that when you say that "Has to be because AXL is not pleased with what is on it" you are in fact doing what you say you "love" that people do, the "I love how people speak for Axl as if they are best buds and know what he thinks inside" thing?

Ali
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:01:37 PM by Ali » Logged
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2007, 07:13:33 PM »

I just learned how to, so you're gonna have to excuse me not being able to read when I commented on your post. now that I know how to, you still don't make any more fucking sense no matter what insults you throw around you.
but ok, I...understand?
let's see, you don't give a flying shit either way if they sell like fuck, or if they don't sell shit at all. and still you spend hours commenting on it? allright.

Exactly.

I can watch football on TV and see all kinds of teams lose or win, I can comment on the games, but it doesn't affect my life in anyway.

Same goes for VR.

I feel different about bands I actually like. As I already pointed out.

ehhh, I don't know how much I believe that  Smiley, I think you get a little pleasure in seeing them get poor sales. C'mon don't tell me you weren't pitching a tent when you heard the opening sales for libertad. Alright, if you say it, I will try to take your word on it

My reaction to that was: How ironic that it didn't go to #1 when they pushed back the release until July in order to get it out when no other rock records were released. Somebody at RCA must be happy...

Did it make my day better? No.....

Did you cry and lock yourself in your room when the sales figures came in?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 07:17:27 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »

Brian said it years ago when commenting on recording with Axl and how Axl is still searching to fill the shoes of Slash.  Jarmo can find the exact quote. He isn't dogging the new guys, just saying how important Slash was to that "gnr" sound.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: