Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 01:06:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Jesus and his " rebirth" after the fatal 3 days
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Jesus and his " rebirth" after the fatal 3 days  (Read 7857 times)
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« on: October 13, 2007, 06:30:28 PM »

Argument on another forum, tell me what you all think
copy pasted from me by me :

So you also believe that:

A man put on a cross in scorching hot temperatures , drenched in his own blood, probably already rotting due to insects feeding on his blood,

A man dead, taken into a cave, again in very hot temperatures, already decomposing because of it, his corpse spending 3 days in that place when it SCIENTICALLY TAKES TWO IN HOT TEMPERATURES? TO BE DECOMPOSED, suddenly walks out and says " hi i am alive" ?

Do not tell me you believe CORPSES can walk ? i mean, closer to a skeleton really, and a smelly one at that...

Nothing to say
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2007, 06:46:08 PM »

Jessica, I'm having trouble understanding your post.  Are you doubting that Jesus rose from the dead or are you doubting he died at all?   Huh

With any religion, anything's possible.  It's magic.   Wink

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 07:07:46 PM »

well, the argument is about the cross, i think he was never on it, i think one can't prove he was, and i think the whole thing about coming back from the dead ( if he had died on a cross that is) is surreal and i think that people who don't think about the timeframe, the geographical position and what it did to bodies are fuckwits who should use a brain instead of believing the dead can walk, because if one had, we would have seen more of them, wouldn't we ?

Nothing to say
-Jack-
Kickin' it old school
Legend

DT imba

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 07:46:27 PM »

Uh, considering no man could come back from the dead without being divine, why is it that hard to figure that if one man could come back from the dead that he didn't decompose?

If you don't believe in the divinity of Christ, that's fine, but why would saying "his body would decompose if he came back" convince someone who believes that someone could come back from the dead?

It just seems like a logical step. "If a man could come back from the dead, normally impossible, then surely he wouldn't decompose because he already went against the odds by coming back in the first place"

gnrevolution.com
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 07:52:52 PM »

To me it shows just how ridiculous that myth is.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2007, 07:56:28 PM by fuckin crazy » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 09:04:02 PM »

well, the argument is about the cross, i think he was never on it, i think one can't prove he was,

So your saying you don't believe there was a man named Jesus and that he was crucified by the Romans? I've never really heard people say that before....I can understand if you doubt he "rose again" and was divine and that stuff..
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 12:19:07 AM »

The sun of God. Died on the sun cross. It's Egyptian, and it's pagan.

Of the 40 known contemporary writers, none speak of this Jesus character.

Ah, mere infantry. Poor beggars.

GN'R Tour Overview 1984-2007
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 12:58:00 AM »

Uh, considering no man could come back from the dead without being divine, why is it that hard to figure that if one man could come back from the dead that he didn't decompose?

If you don't believe in the divinity of Christ, that's fine, but why would saying "his body would decompose if he came back" convince someone who believes that someone could come back from the dead?

It just seems like a logical step. "If a man could come back from the dead, normally impossible, then surely he wouldn't decompose because he already went against the odds by coming back in the first place"

exactly.

while I'm not sure i believe in the whole story (or much of any religion to be honest) - either you do or you don't.  If you do, then none of it seems unbelievable.  thats what having faith is all about.

retarded thread.

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:19:42 AM »

Don't forget his three day North American tour during the 3 day down time. Angel Moroni and all that........

Edit: and the story of "Jesus" has been told several times, in many different civilizations, long before the arrival of the big JC. It's a fairy tale.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 01:21:30 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 02:28:12 AM »

Don't forget his three day North American tour during the 3 day down time. Angel Moroni and all that........

Edit: and the story of "Jesus" has been told several times, in many different civilizations, long before the arrival of the big JC. It's a fairy tale.

It's been told many times, but it's not a fairly tale. It's astrology.

SLCPUNK
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 02:42:39 AM »

You say potato I say fairy tale.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 03:01:09 AM »

You say potato I say fairy tale.

You don't know what you're talking about yes

SLCPUNK
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 03:23:04 AM »

Inane at best ^
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 03:47:30 AM »

Ignorance is bliss

Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2007, 05:08:22 AM »

Argument on another forum, tell me what you all think
copy pasted from me by me :

So you also believe that:

A man put on a cross in scorching hot temperatures , drenched in his own blood, probably already rotting due to insects feeding on his blood,

A man dead, taken into a cave, again in very hot temperatures, already decomposing because of it, his corpse spending 3 days in that place when it SCIENTICALLY TAKES TWO IN HOT TEMPERATURES? TO BE DECOMPOSED, suddenly walks out and says " hi i am alive" ?

Do not tell me you believe CORPSES can walk ? i mean, closer to a skeleton really, and a smelly one at that...

Know anything about crucifiction?

Well i'll tell ya a bit

Crucification was designed as a hopelessly inefficient method of killing - you'd die from asphyxiation usually

It appears the cross Jesus was nailed to had a built in support to prevent this - not uncommon, so as to prolong the death

In that case death would come from

a) shock
b) dehydration

Now there are many a case of people surving crucification - so shock isnt guarenteed to have killed Jesus

...and wasnt there a storm following Jesus's nailing? Quite possibly the temperate was cool, possibly even cold

After three days it was quite possible Jesus was still very much alive, and this wasnt uncommon (again, why they used crucification)

After three days he was taken down and carried off - and there is every chance he was still alive, able to appear to friends shortly thereafter - but obviously rather the worse for wear so avoiding public appearences

When you get down to it its quite possible for Jesus to have ''died'' and come back to life

Ya see?

« Last Edit: October 14, 2007, 05:42:54 AM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 08:22:54 AM »

Don't forget his three day North American tour during the 3 day down time.

I still can't believe he toured North America without the album!!   hihi  ...and what's he got against Philly anyway???  Grin

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
SkinnyPuppy
Rocker

What, me Worry ?

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 08:54:04 AM »

Jesus is alive and He is Lord  Cheesy

Wounds heal, chicks dig scars, and glory, glory lasts forever. (falco)
Perfect Criminal
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 10:10:14 AM »

I can understand not believing the entire story, but the part where Jesus was crucified by the Jews is pretty much historical fact.  There are countless first class tellings of the story itself.  I can completely understand not believing in the resurrection or the divinity of Jesus, but to state you don't believe he was crucified is like that idiot Iranian ruler stating he doesn't believe the holocaust ever happened.  I have absolutely zero religious bones in my body, but I'm not so naive as to think Jesus wasn't an incredible person who died on a cross.

This board is full of complete loons (at least this forum section) who believe rediculous conspiracy theroies like Bush planned 911 or the existence of a vast right wing conspiracy.  Just a complete lack of perspective here all too often.
polluxlm
Mennesker Er Dumme
Legend

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 10:40:45 AM »

I can understand not believing the entire story, but the part where Jesus was crucified by the Jews is pretty much historical fact. There are countless first class tellings of the story itself.

Wrong.

This board is full of complete loons (at least this forum section) who believe rediculous conspiracy theroies like Bush planned 911 or the existence of a vast right wing conspiracy. Just a complete lack of perspective here all too often.

Don't exaggerate, it's basically just me. And for the record, it's not Bush and it's not a right wing conspiracy.

fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »

I can understand not believing the entire story, but the part where Jesus was crucified by the Jews is pretty much historical fact.

No it is not. There is not one shred of evidence of Jesus ever exsisting. There are no contemporary records that mention him, much less the crucifiction. It is a myth. Like the saying goes, " if you tell someone, something, long enough, they will believe it".

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: