Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 04:37:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228016 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland ever left VR for any reason
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland ever left VR for any reason  (Read 17677 times)
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2007, 03:25:08 PM »

There's enough ex-GN'R members to continue VR even if Slash, Duff, Dave & Matt quit...  Scott isn't the one that will be replaced.   ok
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2007, 03:40:44 PM »

Compare what Axl has made with the guys and what Axl has made without them.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2007, 03:53:15 PM »

.... annnnnnnd there goes another thread in the Velvet Revolver section.  Way to go everyone, it was a true team effort!   ok
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2007, 04:08:28 PM »

Well I don't even know why GNR came in here in the first place, it's more of a chemistry thing. I like VR's music but it might help if some of the band members had input in the lyrics and melodies and sang backup and made it more of a group thing.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2007, 04:19:32 PM »

Well I don't even know why GNR came in here in the first place, it's more of a chemistry thing. I like VR's music but it might help if some of the band members had input in the lyrics and melodies and sang backup and made it more of a group thing.

YOU are the one who is trying to compare Axl's previous work with Axl's current work.

the first comparison was Slash/Duff's previous work w/ their current work.

obviously their current work doesn't hold a candle to their previous work.. so that got your panties all up in a bunch, and then you do this stupid bullshit in the VR section

which has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand.  its the only way you know how to defend your little hero.  its fucking pathetic.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2007, 04:31:56 PM »

which has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. its the only way you know how to defend your little hero. its fucking pathetic.

Amazing that it has reached a point where fans of Guns N' Roses now consider Slash other people's "little hero".
Ali
Legend

Waiting for Promised Land....

« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2007, 04:35:35 PM »

which has NOTHING to do with the topic at hand. its the only way you know how to defend your little hero. its fucking pathetic.

Amazing that it has reached a point where fans of Guns N' Roses now consider Slash other people's "little hero".

I thought that was a reference to Weiland.  Jimmy, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ali
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2007, 04:40:52 PM »

i'm not a devin, chinese democracy is not released as you already noticed, but maybe you are ?

anyway to stay in topic, i hope slash & duff will make something else in a near future, more
original and surprising, they are talented, they just need an amazing leader.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2007, 04:48:19 PM »

I thought that was a reference to Weiland.  Jimmy, correct me if I'm wrong.

Ali

i was referencing Slash.   What is so amazing about it Eazy?   He hasn't been in the band for 11 years and a lot of us are sick of the people who still come around who haven't accepted that.   

its obvious by darth monkey's comments he can't get over the past.  anytime someone says something about VR, all he knows how to do is talk about how fucked up Axl is.
snakepipero
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #29 on: October 19, 2007, 04:52:30 PM »

stupid topic imo

IMO Kid Rock could fit in better in new GNR If axl ever left the band for any reason

hihi hihi
dont_damn_me
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2007, 05:04:21 PM »

I know a lot of people here don't like Scott for a variety of reasons (his shit talking mostly).? But do you think the songs would be better with someone different writing lyrics and melody?? I know it all depends on who the other singer would be.? I really want to know people's opinion on this.? I just don't feel like Scott is the weak link in the band when it comes to songwriting.?

I just think they need to work together better as a band and take more risks. ?VR lacks emotion to me, there is no passion and personality to the songs. ?Its good music, but I think my own expectations are too high. ?lets face it, to write timeless passonate real songs is really tough to do, which is why i admire the few stand out bands who are able to do that for me. ?

Members in VR have had the abitly to write music that affects me like no other, ?but together in VR it just doesn't work for me. ?Its hard to tell who or if there is a weak link, its more like, the magic just isn't happening, you can't really force it. ?A song like Duff's Rain is just so honest and real, which is missing in VR for me and ?unfortunately the sincerity conveyed in songs like Creep just isn't there in Scott. ?Maybe they need some time to live life and be inspired some more, i don't know, i'll support them as long as they are making music but i believe there is not enough chemistry in this band, nobodys fault at all, you can't force it.

I would stop supporting VR if Kid Rock ever got involved! I don't have a problem with him as a person and personality, I just don't like his music!
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2007, 05:06:41 PM »

What is so amazing about it Eazy? He hasn't been in the band for 11 years and a lot of us are sick of the people who still come around who haven't accepted that.

I understand that you're sick of hearing from those people... what I'm amazed at is the condescending tone taken towards Slash. ?You may not agree with a few minor things he's said/done over the years or you may not like his work in VR... but is it necessary to make it sound like the poster is defending Milli Vanilli?
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2007, 05:36:54 PM »

Wow Jimmy "Zig Zag" Bobiadis, your the one that's fucked up. Someone said to make a comparison of what the guys have made with Axl and without, I just said fine than do the same for Axl. I don't really give a shit either way. I'm a fan of both bands but I hate all the comparisons that are being thrown around here. I just saying that is someone is going to say that they produced substandard music after leaving Guns they better damn well admit Axl has not released anything accept "Oh my God", which well I won't give my opinion on that because it'll get your panties in a bunch.

Maybe I need to give you some homework to. Go find one reference where I put down GNR past, present or future. I never said they sucked our anything. I have said that I don't agree with everything they are doing and aren't Gods but I have have said the same thing about VR. In fact in this very topic I just said that I didn't like that Scott did all the songwriting and choose the melodies and so on. Your head is so far up your ass you can't even read people's posts before deciding what type of person they are. Do yourself a favor at least read before you post !!!
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #33 on: October 19, 2007, 06:17:48 PM »

kid rock is very underrated, but don't think we'll ever see him with duff and slash.. at least not in a recording band

i've thought about this topic a lot (meaning before it was posted as a topic here)

i've thought about if they would have chosen josh todd we wouldn't have awesome buckcherry today..
i'm glad they didn't pick baz for obvious reasons..
i've thought about corey taylor, he really has kickass voice, but maybe he's "too hard" and too metal..
if they would have gone with a girl brody dalle would be my only alternative but she's probably too much "punk"
(even though weiland is to much grunge Tongue)
rod jackson totally owns and i would love him,
the singer from ugly kid joe could be cool
mike patton could be cool but he's weird hihi
chester bennington would maybe be cool if he sang in a real rock n roll band (even though i didn't really like him with camp freddy)

of those i've mentioned the singer from UKJ and Rod Jackson would be my favourites
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2007, 06:31:02 PM »

Wow Jimmy "Zig Zag" Bobiadis, your the one that's fucked up. Someone said to make a comparison of what the guys have made with Axl and without, I just said fine than do the same for Axl.

Of course you said fine.

It's got nothing to do with the topic and it's just another excuse to forget the topic.

It's pretty logical to compare what Duff and Slash has done before and with Weiland since the topic is asking what they could do without him.

There's really nothing in this topic that points to the need of discussing what Axl has done with or without those two.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2007, 07:35:41 PM »

I don't know why we have to compare them to GNR, they've all had projects that they worked on during and after GNR, so we don't have to be so narrow minded. I admit there was a good chemistry in GNR for a while, but it was a different atmosphere. All 5 members lived in a small room together and all struggled to survived and make it in LA together. Things have changed, they all have their own houses and families now.

It just seems that if we choose this path it is just going to be another VR vs GNR thread and quite frankly I think everyone is quite tired of those. So if we want to do it then be prepared to to compare what Axl has done with and without Slash and Duff and all the rest of the shit that goes along with that. VR and GNR are two sepearte bands, GNR does not need to appear in every VR topic.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2007, 08:08:03 PM »

You still don't fucking get it do you?

Topic: If Weiland ever left VR for any reason

VR = Scott, Slash, Duff, Matt & Dave.

Take out Weiland.

What has Duff, Slash, Dave and Matt done without Weiland?

Well, Duff and Slash were in GN'R for example.

You could say the material they did with GN'R is great because they worked with Axl. Or maybe you think it was great because of Steven Adler. Who knows.

Now, why do you need to go on and start talking about Axl past that?

You don't!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2007, 08:26:24 PM »

^exactly my point.  Axl has nothing to do with this topic at all.
darth monkey
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2007, 09:20:50 PM »

Well by saying you should compare the music that Slash and Duff made with Scott to that of GNR you are kind of bringing Axl into the equation. I'm sure you know Axl was the lead singer of GNR back then or is that over your head. Slash and Duff did however team up with Iggy Pop and made some good music while they were still in Guns together. I'm just wondering why we have to go back to the same fucking thing again, you can talk about what it would be like if Scott left without even bringing GNR into the equation. That would probably solve your problem and my own with the turn this topic is taking, but then again it is your style to turn everything into GNR vs VR so you'll probably want to continue this...yawn
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2007, 10:10:19 PM »

Well by saying you should compare the music that Slash and Duff made with Scott to that of GNR you are kind of bringing Axl into the equation. I'm sure you know Axl was the lead singer of GNR back then or is that over your head. Slash and Duff did however team up with Iggy Pop and made some good music while they were still in Guns together. I'm just wondering why we have to go back to the same fucking thing again, you can talk about what it would be like if Scott left without even bringing GNR into the equation. That would probably solve your problem and my own with the turn this topic is taking, but then again it is your style to turn everything into GNR vs VR so you'll probably want to continue this...yawn

You even confuse yourself......

Yes, you can mention that they worked with Iggy Pop.

Good call.

Now, would you mind if Jim Bob and I start talking about what Iggy has managed to do without Duff and Slash in this thread?

/jarmo

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: