Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 09:57:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  If Weiland ever left VR for any reason
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: If Weiland ever left VR for any reason  (Read 17543 times)
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2007, 10:15:32 PM »

Billy Idol would do an excellent job...................

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2007, 10:47:32 PM »

Now, would you mind if Jim Bob and I start talking about what Iggy has managed to do without Duff and Slash in this thread?

/jarmo

it would be just as relevant as talking Axl.
chinese democrazy
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2007, 11:55:29 PM »

Now, would you mind if Jim Bob and I start talking about what Iggy has managed to do without Duff and Slash in this thread?

/jarmo

okay this is one of those threads i just learned to walk into and then right out of. however, billy idol as relevant as axl on a guns n roses board? what did I miss? everyone loves axl here, he is bound to come up a lot no matter the topic at hand.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2007, 01:15:36 AM »

/jarmo

okay this is one of those threads i just learned to walk into and then right out of. however, billy idol as relevant as axl on a guns n roses board? what did I miss? everyone loves axl here, he is bound to come up a lot no matter the topic at hand.
why would Axl come up in the VR section?

A. because some slash troll doesn't know how to defend his lil god.
B. See A
C. All of the Above
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2007, 06:05:32 AM »

I think Josh Todd would be a good fit and they'd get back to some meaner, nastier, bluesier hard rock with him. They should've gone with Josh Todd to begin with.

Ali

That would be the shit ... can you imagine  drool

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2007, 06:55:52 AM »

Or what about Steven Tyler, I'm not saying Aerosmith is breaking up or anything. I've always really liked Tyler and I bet they would come up with some sick ass shit.
DeN
Legend

I've been living on the edge so long

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2007, 09:14:01 AM »

yes, interesting choice. i'm sure slash would love to work with him. great singer/performer, good songwriter.
could be exciting to see them together.

they can fight about it, money, it's a bag of gold.
they can fight about it, money, the story goes.
Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2007, 09:48:29 AM »

I think they were close to hiring Josh Todd-I remember him saying in a interview he thought they were making great music, things were going great, and Slash walked in one day and said he wasn't into it, or can't do it anymore.

libertad
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2007, 06:02:13 PM »

/jarmo

why would Axl come up in the VR section?

like just explained to you, this is a forum dedicated to GNR, for which Axl is the singer.
if you have looked around in this forum, Axl have a tendency to pop up in any section, not just the GNR one. it's because this is a GNR forum above all, and their presence are valid in any section. blah.

on topic, Kid Rock..? fuck no! and Im incredibly happy that they decided against working with Josh Todd and Bach too. Bach is just not anywhere near being my favourite singer, he's funny and has a wide range, that's about it.
Todd, he sounds the same on just about everything he's done, and some of his lyrics are just ridiculously bad.

Edit: someone suggested the Ugly Kid Joe singer, I would have loved to see that! Grin
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 06:04:18 PM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
snakepiter
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2007, 06:25:46 PM »

yes, interesting choice. i'm sure slash would love to work with him. great singer/performer, good songwriter.
could be exciting to see them together.

yeah, it would be really cool to hear some english rock injected into slash's and duff's music.

pro old gnr
pro new gnr
pro vr
DeN
Legend

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »

did they tried to approach robert plant for velvet revolver ?

imagine a line-up with Slash Duff & Robert Plant, ouch, even Axl would be impressed.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2007, 09:00:59 PM »

No.

The people mentioned at the time were: Sebastian Bach, Travis Meeks (Days of the New), Kelly Shaefer (Neurotica), Josh Todd (Buckcherry), A. Jay Popoff (Lit), Todd Kerns (The Age Of Electric, Static In Stereo) and Mike Patton.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2007, 11:21:36 PM »

like just explained to you, this is a forum dedicated to GNR, for which Axl is the singer.
if you have looked around in this forum, Axl have a tendency to pop up in any section, not just the GNR one. it's because this is a GNR forum above all, and their presence are valid in any section. blah.

bullshit, thats just you slashites excuse for pointing out everything wrong with Axl whenever someone says something you dont like about a member of VR.   Hiding behind Axl's (supposed) faults to defend your lil heros is stupid.
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2007, 06:55:35 AM »

No.

The people mentioned at the time were: Sebastian Bach, Travis Meeks (Days of the New), Kelly Shaefer (Neurotica), Josh Todd (Buckcherry), A. Jay Popoff (Lit), Todd Kerns (The Age Of Electric, Static In Stereo) and Mike Patton.

/jarmo

i thought they had Michael Matijevic to audition also?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2007, 08:14:48 AM »

bullshit, thats just you slashites excuse for pointing out everything wrong with Axl whenever someone says something you dont like about a member of VR. Hiding behind Axl's (supposed) faults to defend your lil heros is stupid.

nope, that's the absolute truth.
maybe if you woke up and smelled the coffee, you'd actually see this. Grin

now please tell me, what's the Finckites excuse for pointing out everything wrong with Slash every time someone says something you don't like about a GNR member? beer
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 08:19:59 AM by Hillel Slovak » Logged

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2007, 08:37:31 AM »

No.

/jarmo

i thought they had Michael Matijevic to audition also?

Oh yeah, that name rings a bell....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
DeN
Legend

« Reply #56 on: October 21, 2007, 09:41:45 AM »

yep i remember about mike patton & baz. don't know the others, except maybe buckcherry, i've listened a couple of songs and wasn't impressed at all.

mike patton was my first choice, but i understand he wasn't interested  hihi

monkeychow
VIP

How's that for provocation?

« Reply #57 on: October 21, 2007, 10:02:59 AM »

Regarding the bringing of Axl into the topic I think the logic behind it was as follows:

The original concept of this thread is a "what would VR be like with another singer?" type thread.

Someone then posted words to the effect that what makes VR unsuccessful (to some) is Scott - the evidence presented for this was that a comparision of Slash + Duffs work in VR, is less cool (to some) than their work in GNR. The implication being the difference is that Scott could not get a good peformance out of them and Axl did. That is, it seems to be a theory that we can blame some members of the band for the overall performace of a whole group.

I believe the poster who then asked about Axl's post GNR work did so to demonstrate that the above theory does not hold correct.

If we did examine GNR using the same faulty logic...you could say that when working with the old band Axl released #1 records, and since working with Robin he has been (as yet) unable to do so. Now if we apply the logic used in regards to Slash and Scott to this equation, you could say that Robin is the reason that the new era of GNR has not been as successful as the old. Now I know thar Jarmo, Jim Bob and a host of others here would disagree violently with this. And THATS THE POINT - if its illogical in relation to GNR, then its also illogical in relation to VR.

And i think that was what the poster was trying to say - rather than simply being an Axl/Slash/VR/GNR debate troll for the hell of it.

For the record i'm not saying I agree with these views, i'm only posting it as it seemed to me thats what was being said and it was misunderstood.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2007, 10:23:30 AM »

I understood the comparison, but it has nothing to do with the topic.

The only reason Axl was mentioned was because it's more interesting to some here to talk shit about Axl than to admit that VR isn't "all that".

Nine times out of ten, Axl's name is brought in to validate something "bad" about VR.

Example:

Somebody:  I think their new album isn't anything special.
VR fan: At least they release albums unlike Axl.

It's like I said, should we discuss what Iggy Pop has done without Duff and Slash just because those two worked with him in 1990?

Hey, bring in Michael Jackson, Lenny Kravitz, Steve Jones and whoever else has ever worked with any of them.

It's not really the topic....

That was the point.

Personally I think Slash will try putting out a solo album after VR. He was already working on one before the band got started.

/jarmo

darth monkey
Beware: Can outwit all of you!
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2007, 10:24:25 AM »

That's exactly the point. It's a very circular argument, and anyone that has drawn a circle before will know when you finish drawing a circle you get right back to the beginning and then you keep going and that gets you absolutely nowhere.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: