Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 12:45:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227936 Posts in 43254 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  7-dead in a school shooting in Finland
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: 7-dead in a school shooting in Finland  (Read 7910 times)
von
VIP

Obama says knock you out

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2007, 01:38:02 PM »

Why does it keep happening? Why do the sick fucks keep at it? Listen to the poor sonofabitch who keeps getting blamed for shit like this, he's got a pretty good answer. Maybe if the media STOPPED COVERING IT.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G6n5Oi4714o
SLCPUNK
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2007, 02:21:14 PM »

Feel better, or do you want to take another shot?

Why would he do that? A bullseye is as good as you can get.
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2007, 03:43:21 PM »

This is one of the things that I really didn't want us to copy from the Americans.

Blame it on the Americans  Roll Eyes
SLCPUNK
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2007, 03:51:20 PM »

He isn't blaming it on Americans.

But lets be honest, we certainly started the trend, and we certainly have cultural influence seen throughout the globe.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2007, 04:29:33 PM »

There have always been homicidal maniacs, and there always will be; The only thing that is different today is that they get press coverage.

My sympathies.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
Jaci_Roxx
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

Fuck.

The shooter died like an hour ago at the hospital. That makes 9. I wish he'd lived to suffer for what he did! I really, really hope that Hell exists cuz that's where he belongs!

I happened to be in Helsinki today, (my friend's a truck driver and I was with him) but we didn't have the radio on, so we knew nothing about the shooting while we drove around the Helsinki area. Only when we were driving back I heard about it on the phone.

May that guy rot in hell.

R.I.P. all the innocent people who died by the hand of a madman.
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2007, 04:50:56 PM »

? ?Who cares where it happens? ?It shouldn't happen period. ?Yes media is a big part of this. ?The coverage is overblown and sent out for all the world to see. ?Did you ever think how many people die by way of cleaver, knives and instruments of the hand? ?Many more than guns. ?This happens all around us but it is not covered by the media because of it's location or in a certain part of the world. ?Unfortunately, the media also loves shootings because it can open debate to lay blame on so many levels it's a strange romance. ?America is the sensationalizing media capital of the world and glorifies these horrific incidents. ?I don't think Skeba is blaming Americans. ?These shootings are world wide press because of all of the media attention. ?Of course there will be other countries that have similar incidents but will the media be able to make it bigger? ?In some cases yes and some no. ?If they can they will make it so big for the world to see that it sets a stage for others to follow suit.
 ??Leaving my media rant aside, shooting another, is tragically an easy way of commiting horrible injuries or death because for the most part the shooters are removed from contact of their victims. ?That is why many so-called insane people use guns because it seperates them from the real contact of the victims, until they realize their destruction. ?This is when that person usually turns the gun on himself for a way of making the real escape from reality or a way of not having to face what they have actually have done.

? It's very sad for all the people involved and I hope the families find peace and strength to get through such a tragic time.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2007, 07:37:37 PM »

As most of you know, in no way am I blaming the Americans for this.

In the end the responsibility is his, and his alone. You can't blame it all on media, the parents, the school or the society alone... I firmly believe that it was a combination of all of them, together with the fact that whenever he spoke of all of these things he rarely got a decent response that addressed the issues, but rather ridiculed him (at least on the internet).

It is incredibly sad, and although a lot of people are filled with anger and have no place to put it, I hope that this will be concidered as an isolated incident and not made into a panic like state of things. I'd rather see people (and especially parents) take this as a wake up call to really care about the people around them. It is a pretty cold world after all, and I believe a lot of incidents such as this could be avoided if people had other outlets and didn't feel that the only way to get attention or their cry for help heard was to do something like this.

I am very aware that a lot of other horrible things are happening in the world as well. And that this is getting a lot more media attention than a lot of other killings. I guess it is the nature of this event where the people killed seem so random that it gets us thinking how fragile human life is in the end.

I am sorry for all the people who lost a member of their family or a friend.

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2007, 08:21:32 PM »

He isn't blaming it on Americans.

But lets be honest, we certainly started the trend, and we certainly have cultural influence seen throughout the globe.

"we" didn't start anything.

two assholes in Colorado did and the dozens of kids who idolized them b/c the media turned them into martyrs for the bullied.

We are probably to blame for fast food and people getting fatter though Smiley

"You're the worst character ever Towelie."
SLCPUNK
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2007, 09:59:13 PM »

The epidemic of students shooting up innocent school mates did not originate in the states?
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2007, 11:35:15 PM »

The epidemic of students shooting up innocent school mates did not originate in the states?

i wouldn't say its "an American thing" by any means.  Every country has its nut jobs.

football is american, hot dogs and baseball, etc...

SLCPUNK
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

I'd have to disagree dudio.
The Dog
Legend

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2007, 12:42:35 AM »

THATS

IT

I am no longer internets friends with you!!!!   rant

hahha  rofl

While its more common than I'd like, I don't think school shootings is an epidemic.  how many have there been in the US in the last 5 years?

Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #33 on: November 08, 2007, 01:14:44 AM »

THATS

IT

I am no longer internets friends with you!!!!? ?rant

hahha? rofl

While its more common than I'd like, I don't think school shootings is an epidemic.? how many have there been in the US in the last 5 years?

Quite a few.....many haven't been along the caliber of Columbine or Virginia Tech.......but i'd say probably at least 20 or so.  Here are a fewer mainstream ones.

2002 - Red Lion, Pennsylvania - 2 dead...14 year old shooter.
2003 - Cold Spring, Minnesota - 2 dead...15 year old shooter.
2004 - Washington, D.C. - 1 dead...19 year old shooter.
2005 - Cumerland City, Tennessee - 1 dead...14 year old shooter.
2005 - Red Lake, Minnesota - 10 dead, 12 injured...16 year old shooter.
2005 - Jacksboro, Tennessee - 1 dead, 2 injured...15 yo shooter.
2006 - Longwood, Florida - 14 year old brings realistic pellet gun and holds class hostage and is eventually fatally shot by police.
2006 - Reno, Nevada - 2 injured, 14 yo shooter.
2006 - Hillsborough, North Carolina - 1 dead, 1 injured...19 year old shooter.
2006 - Cazenovia, Wisconsin - 1 dead...15 yo shooter.
2006 - Joplin, Missouri - no injuries, 13 year old opens fire with a cheap imitation AK-47 in the hallways.
2006 - Fort Bend County, Texas - 1 dead, 16 yo shooter.
2006 - Philadlephia, PA - 1 dead...16 yo fires AK-47 in hallway accidentally killing himself.
2007 - Midland, Michigan - 1 dead, 1 injured...17 year old shoots ex-gf and kills himself.
2007 - Gresham, Oregon - 10 injured....15 yo shooter.
2007 - Oroville, California - 0 injued...17 yo takes hostages and fires shots into the ceiling.
2007 - Cleveland, Ohio - 1 dead, 5 injured....14 yo shooter.

These are just kids going to school with guns and shooting......not incidents where adults came into the school and shot such as the situation at the Amish school in Lancaster, PA.? This was just high school grade shootings.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 01:17:47 AM by Bill 213 » Logged

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #34 on: November 08, 2007, 06:02:48 AM »

I've read some of the shooters writings tonight. He was one twisted fucker. His rants, can be found HERE.

EDIT: Apparently the site has been taken down now.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:10:12 AM by fat freddy's cat » Logged

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
JMack
VIP

Hammerstein NYC 1988

« Reply #35 on: November 08, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »

? ? I don't remember this ever being a episode on the Brady Bunch, The Wonder Years, Happy Days and Mr. French never had to sit Jodie and Buffy down to show them how to strip down a piece after a capping.? I don't remember any show or even the news talking about this kind of stuff when I was a kid.? It just didn't happen.? I grew up in some rough areas and this stuff just didn't happen.? Why now?? Is it too much mind probing of our youth?? Too many meds. for too many mental disorders.? Are parents just not interested or unable to be around because both have to work in order to pay the bills.? To show their interest some parents just spoil the kids with material stuff and let them lock themselves in their rooms where they delve into self hate and pity.? They find friends or crazy internet sites that are dark and push them further into their self viewed doomed world.? The over the top media just pumps out depressing stories about what a hard time the future generations will have when they get to adulthood and will they make it tone, for that extra bump of gloom.? It's very disturbing.
? ? In my own opinion, for those of us here with kids, make sure you find time for them and talk to them not at them.? You can be a parent and a friend at the same time, but appropriately.? For our younger friends here, talk to your parents or gaurdian about what's going on in your life and make sure that they're apart of it.? It may not be that easy but it's worth it.? You may be surprised on how talking to each other can enlighten each other.? Parents were your age once too.

"Your not a man until you've hunted man with Your BFFL SLCPUNK."  He's so dreamy.
http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2007, 09:50:03 AM »

Latest;

There's a rumour going on that he was going through a list.

He killed the headmaster (presenting the authority he opposed)
He killed a homosexual boy and two people who were highly religious.

He spared the biology teacher and others, for an example he had entered a class and only shot the tv.

69 bullet cases were found.

He had 500 bullets with him..

He had also tried to torch the school but failed.

Oh and in some of his writing he appraises Stalin and Hitler and likes the ideology of communism AND natzism.

The 25-year old nurse who was shot in the killings was my friends sisters childhood friend. (I'm not sure if this is confirmed yet)

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Sin Cut
Lovegun
Legend

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2007, 01:24:43 AM »

Cossey/Auvinen link confirmed

?It?s highly probable that there was some form of contact between Pekka-Eric Auvinen and Dillon Cossey,? a spokesman for the cyber crime department of Helsinki police said. Dillon Cossey, 14, was arrested last month on suspicion of planning to storm his old school, Plymouth Whitemarsh. Police acting on a tipoff found a 9mm semi-automatic rifle, handmade grenades, a .22 pistol and a .22 single-shot rifle at his home. Less than two weeks later Auvinen, already a member of a shooting club, was buying his first gun ? a .22 pistol ? and expressing interest in a 9mm semi-automatic.

Police do not believe this to have been a coincidence. The two youths are thought to have made contact over two MySpace groups, ?RIP Eric and Dylan? ? a reference to Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, who killed 12 schoolmates at Columbine ? and ?Natural Selection?.

Dillon Cossey used the alias Shadow 19462 on internet forums. Overweight and bullied, he had been withdrawn from Plymouth Whitemarsh and was resentful. His MySpace profile lauded the Columbine killers as heroes.The 18- year-old Finnish killer made a rambling testimony on YouTube, clearly drawing on the rhetoric used in the Natural Selection group and related chat rooms. His YouTube account ? under the pseudonym Sturmgeist89 ? included snippets from violent films, shots of him posing with his ?beloved? pistol and tributes to other mass murderers. It was viewed 200,000 times before being closed down after the Finnish high school killings on Wednesday.

Police are trying to establish whether the Jokela massacre was in some way a copycat event or whether it resulted from an exchange of tips across the internet. Across Europe cyber-crime experts are nervous that some of the abuses on the net committed by Islamic fanatics could become a model for other marginalised groups. The diaries of the Columbine killers also give detailed guidance about their crime.

The two 18-year-olds in Columbine had planned to set the school on fire to spread panic. This appears to have also featured in the plans of Auvinen. However, he brought only a small quantity of lighter fuel, not enough to cause a blaze. Instead he relied on an enormous cache of ammunition for his Sig Sauer Mosquito handgun. He pumped 68 bullets into his eight victims; the 69th he shot into his own skull. Police found 500 rounds of unused ammunition in his rucksack.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article2842356.ece
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 01:27:52 AM by Sin Cut » Logged

"The real reason a man hits on a girl - is to fight masturbation."
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: