Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Baz "axl is getting ready to put out chinese democracy"  (Read 51546 times)
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2008, 12:43:20 PM »

jarmo, he didnt say more than that - or if he did please enlighten me.

If you can't see that he said more than "it's coming", maybe the problems isn't Baz, it's you?

/jarmo

ok, he also said business people are fighting over it. anything else? do you fancy being informative and not just obtuse...?

those business people will, of course (as has been said) be instructing lawyers. isnt axl also a business personn with lawyers?

what im saying here is, its unlikely imo that hes jsut habded it over and is taking no further interest.

notice here, before you jump in again, jarmo, that im acknowledging the negative effects of other people and not just axl.

please notice that.

please.

i have never been an unqualified axl hater. nor am i an unqualified axl lover. its called nuance. just like in that letter from axl, which was so well written (no, i do actually mean that).

I would'nt do that if I were you.
Bartlet
Banned
VIP

Here Today...And Back Tommorrow

« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2008, 12:46:09 PM »

right. baz saying something, especially something nice about the record(s) is better than having no infos/statements at all.

and my point is, no, it isnt better.

but talking about the record (as baz does) doesn't do any harm, does it? you may be annoyed by baz. alright. but what's the major problem? sorry, i don't get it.

and thats quite correct, i just dont like him and think he should shut up, and thats actually all ive ever said. im doin nothin more or less than baz bashin, and have never pretended otherwise.

I would'nt do that if I were you.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2008, 01:08:02 PM »

those business people will, of course (as has been said) be instructing lawyers. isnt axl also a business personn with lawyers?

I can't see only two parties as so many business people fighting over an album.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2008, 01:09:02 PM »

and thats quite correct, i just dont like him and think he should shut up, and thats actually all ive ever said. im doin nothin more or less than baz bashin, and have never pretended otherwise.

At least you're honest so now we know not to take your posts in this thread seriously.

You hate the guy, for some reason which you haven't explained, and wish he'd shut up.

But instead of just ignoring the thread, you spend a lot of time trying to stir up some shit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
cineater
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »

Anytime Baz wants to talk, I'll listen.  Thanks for getting the word out Baz.

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2008, 01:16:10 PM »

To get back to the point of the thread, I always love hearing what Baz says about the album.

Everyone who has heard it has said that it's "totally incredible" which gets me excited. Most of these people are tight with GNR and obviously know the incredible level of talent of the older songs and performances, so that's saying a lot. It's not empty praise. And while they are unfinished, the demos definitely provide that insight. Awesome lyrics by Axl and great potential.

It's like when your making cookies. You spend a lot of time gathering the right ingredients and want to make something really awesome. Making something great whether that's cookies or good music is always a tremendous risk. Some people judge too hastily and say "oh, I don't think I'm going to like that" or "those aren't the ingredients I like in my cookies", however if you do things right, preheat your oven, work on the cookies with love and care, and give them the right amount of time to bake, they come out perfect.

I could only ask Axl to not blame us for wanting to eat the dough before the cookies are done.  Tongue
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2008, 02:08:50 PM »

Everyone who has heard it has said that it's "totally incredible" which gets me excited. Most of these people are tight with GNR and obviously know the incredible level of talent of the older songs and performances, so that's saying a lot. It's not empty praise. And while they are unfinished, the demos definitely provide that insight. Awesome lyrics by Axl and great potential.

Well it's not like these people are going to come out and say that it doesn't sound good, that it's been a waste of a decade.  This is even more true if they're so called "tight" with GNR.  People who have heard the album are associated with GNR so I wouldn't take what they say too seriously.
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »

I'd rather be excited and get let down than remain a jaded, desponded skeptic my whole life. But hey that's me.
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2008, 02:17:20 PM »

I'd rather be excited and get let down than remain a jaded, desponded skeptic my whole life. But hey that's me.

What's that supposed to mean?  I said I wouldn't take what they say too seriously because it's not like they're gonna say it's a letdown.  Hopefully it's great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just because of comments that are almost certainly biased in some way.  I'd rather be a realist, and not a dumbass, but hey that just me!
madagas
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2008, 02:20:35 PM »

aka... Cheesy beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2008, 02:27:09 PM »

What's that supposed to mean?  I said I wouldn't take what they say too seriously because it's not like they're gonna say it's a letdown.  Hopefully it's great, but I wouldn't get my hopes up just because of comments that are almost certainly biased in some way.  I'd rather be a realist, and not a dumbass, but hey that just me!

Realist?

Hahaha.

Yeah, I expect all future albums by my favorite artists to suck! Does that make me a realist?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2008, 02:37:08 PM »

Realist?

Hahaha.

Yeah, I expect all future albums by my favorite artists to suck! Does that make me a realist?  Roll Eyes

/jarmo

When did I say I expected that??? I said I wouldn't get too excited based on people who have commented on the album so far... Seeing as how they would never say it wasn't good.  That doesn't mean that they're not telling the truth, i hope they are, but you have to remain a little objective about these things.  Especially at this time.  I should have known even the acknowledement that some things out of the GNR camp should be taken with a grain of salt would get your panties in a bunch!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2008, 03:04:30 PM »

When did I say I expected that??? I said I wouldn't get too excited based on people who have commented on the album so far... Seeing as how they would never say it wasn't good. 

In most cases, artists who are releasing a new album say it's great or the best album they ever made.

Personally as I've seen the band perform some new songs live as well as reading comments from people like Baz, I tend to believe it'll be great. In addition, I know the people involved are very talented.

Maybe I'm a dumb ass unlike you.  rofl

/jarmo

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2008, 03:23:17 PM »

When did I say I expected that??? I said I wouldn't get too excited based on people who have commented on the album so far... Seeing as how they would never say it wasn't good. 

In most cases, artists who are releasing a new album say it's great or the best album they ever made.

Personally as I've seen the band perform some new songs live as well as reading comments from people like Baz, I tend to believe it'll be great. In addition, I know the people involved are very talented.

Maybe I'm a dumb ass unlike you.  rofl

/jarmo

Alright, thanks for proving my point.  I've also seen the new songs live and read all the comments about them.  The new songs were pretty good, but obviously didn't generate the same response as the older songs.  This is probably to be expected, but at the same time this new album and the new songs have been worked on for years upon years, so you find yourself in the position of expecting a little more.  Or atleast that's how I felt, which most people seemed to agree with, or atleast at the three concerts I went to.  Oh and as far as u being the dumbass and not me...U said it!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2008, 03:23:59 PM »

I didn't particularly mean it personally, so don't take it that way.

There is a difference between being unbiased and a "realist". Personally I don't care for "realists". They usually sit back, arms folded, and judge people to the point of inactivity. Instead of picking a side they just sit back and point out other peoples shortcomings without examining their own lives. Instead of being critical and honest, they become cynical and desponded. There are certainly enough of those in GNR forums. I'm not lumping you into such a category, but merely pointing out why I don't care to talk to the negative jaded types.

But yes, sometimes people close to a project or the people involved can see it through their own lens. I don't think thats the case. Not everyone near this project are people pleasers it seems. I seem to remember Axl and Tommy having a little tiff at the beginning of the 2006 tour. But they worked it out. It seems to me that Axl was making a record that he was proud of. You don't go out there and say "oh hey, what can I do to please this person or this person....", you go out and you make something you can be happy with. As an artist you want to do your best. You aren't fighting to get X amount of record sales or critical acclaim. You're fighting yourself, that voice in your head who is saying that it's not good enough. And if Axl is happy with it, using his prior records as a basis, I have no other reason to believe that the album will be anything less than incredible. What Baz says reaffirms this, not to mention others. And the record is done. Finished. And to me, that's a very encouraging thought.

But the jaded person says, "oh well, this album will never live up to expectations". But in truth, it has nothing to do with the album's content. It has to do with your refusal to accept the possibility of it being great. Arms folded, judging, jaded. Maybe something comes along and cracks that wall that was built up long ago. It's like, "hey...why try to fall in love....I'm a realist...I'll probably get hurt again". Can you define love? Can you nail it down? Can you define good art? Can you say: oh, this is good art...do that? No, otherwise everyone else would be doing it. It takes a tremendous amount of time and hardwork and most people aren't willing to put in the time.

But me, a person who looks forward to the album and thinks that will it will be great, such "realists" will label me as a dreamer. A head-in-the-clouds type who doesn't know how the world works. Suddenly, I'm the ridiculous one? Ha.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 03:40:19 PM by mrbucketfoot » Logged
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2008, 03:32:56 PM »

Alright, thanks for proving my point.  I've also seen the new songs live and read all the comments about them.  The new songs were pretty good, but obviously didn't generate the same response as the older songs.  This is probably to be expected, but at the same time this new album and the new songs have been worked on for years upon years, so you find yourself in the position of expecting a little more.  Or atleast that's how I felt, which most people seemed to agree with, or atleast at the three concerts I went to. 

Exactly the reaction most artists who play unreleased songs gets....

Oh, and it happened in 1991 too.

Oh and as far as u being the dumbass and not me...U said it!

Yeah I did.

I just don't think a fan who's excited about GN'R is a dumb ass. I think people who put those fans down on a fan site are....

/jarmo

axl in lafayette
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2008, 03:33:43 PM »

Anytime Baz wants to talk, I'll listen.  Thanks for getting the word out Baz.
here here

keep spouting off the SAME unsubstantiated BS, great PR for G N R!
novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2008, 03:37:03 PM »

Suddenly, I'm the ridiculous one.

Well you said it not me.  To clarify, I hope this album is fucking amazing and lives up to all of the hype!  With that said, not agreeing with the way its release ( or non release in this case) has been handled or acknowledging that people close to GNR obviously are only going to say positive things about the quality of the record doesn't make me a negative jaded type.  It makes me the honest and open type! The kind of behavior that I wish would be undertaken by whoever is behind the scenes in charge of releasing this album.  That's all i ask.  I mean how hard would it be for Axl Rose to come out with a statement on what's going on or what the future plans are?? I mean honestly, what would this take him 20 minutes?  He doesn't "owe" his fans anything, but is that too much to ask??  Especially seeing as how it's been over a year since his last statement, which didn't guarantee, but made it seem like the record was coming out in 2007.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2008, 03:41:12 PM »

I mean how hard would it be for Axl Rose to come out with a statement on what's going on or what the future plans are??

Let's see, I might be out of line here, but I (personally, not speaking on behalf of the band, Younggunner, Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy) think that the plan is to release the album

/jarmo

novrain91
Banned
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2008, 03:47:51 PM »

I mean how hard would it be for Axl Rose to come out with a statement on what's going on or what the future plans are??

Let's see, I might be out of line here, but I (personally, not speaking on behalf of the band, Younggunner, Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy) think that the plan is to release the album

/jarmo

Well that's been the fucking plan for 8+ years.  So am I out of line here by saying that they might consider getting a new fucking plan!!!  Or more effective tactics to complete that plan. What's your clever little response going to be this time??
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: