Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 31, 2024, 08:34:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227976 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Robin leaving? Just touring?
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 237 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Robin leaving? Just touring?  (Read 737509 times)
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #4580 on: March 15, 2009, 06:20:59 PM »

You guys should leave this to rest. Robin is so happy with what he is doing right now. Why can't you be happy for him? He deserves at least that.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4581 on: March 15, 2009, 09:28:27 PM »

For all those so called fans wanting Robin to not tour with GnR tells me two things   1. They don't know what there talking about   2. they wish there top hat friend would comeback.

I am perfectly aware of the fact that Axl wants absolutely nothing to do with Slash and probably vice versa. I'm just saying that there are way better players out there than Finck, players who are probably capable of doing Slash's solos justice instead of brutally murdering them. Besides, Finck only co-wrote one song out of the fourteen songs that ended up on Chinese Democracy, namely Better. So atleast in my opinion he could be replaced, since he is currently unavailable anyway...

There are no ''Slash's solos'' in GNR. Slash doesnt own any solo. The guitar solos featured in November Rain, SCOM, PC, etc are GNR's solos, not Slash's.

Slash is no longer in GNR and he will NEVER return to the band. Face it.

And I think Robin plays them all way better than Slash.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 11:28:07 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #4582 on: March 15, 2009, 09:49:24 PM »

ahhhhh, come on. Slash himself wrote killer solos like in SCOM, Estranged etc. no need to take away credits where they belong, in this case to Slash.
Finck playing better than him? sure, exspecially SCOM hihi
on topic again:
Finck might be out: "move on", next hired musician please!

Re-Union time, baby!!
estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #4583 on: March 15, 2009, 11:32:56 PM »

Well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz0SH8KyzBk

if you can find one SCOM solo done by Slash with half this energy, adrenaline and power... gimme a shout

please, dont bring any of those sloppy, slow-motion, boring vids from Tokyo 92 or Argentina 92 (*)...

(*) featuring ex ''hired musicians'' Gilby Clarke, Ted Andreadis and Matt Sorum! hihi

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #4584 on: March 15, 2009, 11:50:59 PM »

Well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz0SH8KyzBk

if you can find one SCOM solo done by Slash with half this energy, adrenaline and power... gimme a shout

please, dont bring any of those sloppy, slow-motion, boring vids from Tokyo 92 or Argentina 92 (*)...

(*) featuring ex ''hired musicians'' Gilby Clarke, Ted Andreadis and Matt Sorum! hihi

ye ur right bout energy and adrnaline but nothing like Slash playing his own music, dont get me wrong, love how Finck plays and hope see him on stage again, but SCOM was born in my heart with Salsh in it, and the Chinese Dem. album with Robin, BBfoot & the Bucket, I dont think Slash will play the new songs like these guys do, bcuz he didnt create them.
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #4585 on: March 16, 2009, 12:30:42 AM »

I get you. You're just trying to stir shit up here because you hate Robin so much that you like to take cheap (and dumb) shots in this thread to express how much you'd love to see an average Slash wannabe instead of him. All because Axl prefer to work with Robin instead of your hero.

Yeah, sure.   Roll Eyes I'm just speaking out my honest opinion rather than being Axl's yes-man and taking a dump on all the people who made GNR famous and because of that I'm not a real fan, don't know shit about shit and am just trying to stir shit up?  Roll Eyes

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #4586 on: March 16, 2009, 12:43:23 AM »

I get you. You're just trying to stir shit up here because you hate Robin so much that you like to take cheap (and dumb) shots in this thread to express how much you'd love to see an average Slash wannabe instead of him. All because Axl prefer to work with Robin instead of your hero.

Yeah, sure.   Roll Eyes I'm just speaking out my honest opinion rather than being Axl's yes-man and taking a dump on all the people who made GNR famous and because of that I'm not a real fan, don't know shit about shit and am just trying to stir shit up?  Roll Eyes
no, you are here to take a dump on the band who this site is made for.

someone should take a dump on you
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #4587 on: March 16, 2009, 02:17:30 AM »

no, you are here to take a dump on the band who this site is made for.

someone should take a dump on you

Garry would do it for only 5$  Tongue
thesloth
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #4588 on: March 16, 2009, 02:22:27 AM »

i think if you want to talk about that fucking guy you should go to the ex-members section.

Yeah I guess it's pretty safe to say Finck is out.

it's pretty safe to assume that he will be back for GnR Tour... Thank you.

he definitely has a better shot than that other guy, whose chances are ZERO.
hate idiots who are stuck in the past.

When Tix go on sale for tour, they usually go onsale atleast 5-6 months ahead of time.  That saying Guns N' Roses have not made a announcement dates, there for nothing is indicating that Robin won't be stuck with NIN the same time.   Robin is done in August, so I doubt NIN will interfere with GnR's plans to tour.  For all those so called fans wanting Robin to not tour with GnR tells me two things   1. They don't know what there talking about   2. they wish there top hat friend would comeback.

Most U.S. and Canadian bands do about 3-4 months announcements with exception of festivals ect.  After all NIN just announced the full tour lineup for June in March which is 3 months.  With some of the larger bands especially when it is a World tour then often one will see a spread of shows for the entire year anounced at the same time so some are 3 months away and some are 12 months. 
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4589 on: March 16, 2009, 03:24:23 AM »

Axl's yes man  rofl  so your saying that your heartbroken that Slash decided to leave GnR. When in actual fact you wish he was still in the band, when in fact its nobody's fault but your own top hat recycled riffs hero's fault, but lets play the Axl blame game.  Pretty much your dissing all the fans of GnR of today when write your post, so when VR goes on world tour with Clay Aiken you can start posting again in the ex members section.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #4590 on: March 16, 2009, 03:50:32 AM »

Axl's yes man  rofl  so your saying that your heartbroken that Slash decided to leave GnR.

No, that's not at all what I'm saying. I just refuse to blindly back up every single decision Axl makes, including takin fifteen fucking years to make an album, demanding sole ownership of the GNR name and turning the band into a dictatorship, making it impossible for his old bandmates to work with him anymore, not showning up at concerts which leads to riots etc...

When in actual fact you wish he was still in the band, when in fact its nobody's fault but your own top hat recycled riffs hero's fault, but lets play the Axl blame game. 

Is it? Axl wasn't to blame whatsoever? It usually takes two people to feud...

Pretty much your dissing all the fans of GnR of today when write your post, so when VR goes on world tour with Clay Aiken you can start posting again in the ex members section.

I'm not dissing anyone, again I'm just speaking out my opinion. Freedom of speech. What you're doing is taking childish cheapshots at me and I refuse to go along with that...

This argument really does belong in the Dead Horse section. So I'm not going to continue it..

As for the current GNR lineup, regardless of some of the stuff I've said in earlier posts, I actually liked Chinese Democracy, it has a lot of potential and some great and beautiful moments on it. Just takes a while to grow on me..
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:56:41 AM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

So Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always thriumph, because good is dumb.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4591 on: March 16, 2009, 12:05:36 PM »

I never can get slash nutswingers line of thinking...when we'r e simply speaking out our minds like we love robin's tones, we're called Axl's yes men.
*Timothy*
Banned
VIP

Liberated the WANG!!!

« Reply #4592 on: March 16, 2009, 12:38:37 PM »

I never can get slash nutswingers line of thinking...when we'r e simply speaking out our minds like we love robin's tones, we're called Axl's yes men.

And if some doesn't they are a slash nutswinger???

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

Liberating wangs one dong at a time!!!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4593 on: March 16, 2009, 12:48:42 PM »

doesn't do what?
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #4594 on: March 16, 2009, 12:53:52 PM »

if someone doesn't like robin's tone they get called a slash nutswinger....

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #4595 on: March 16, 2009, 12:57:17 PM »

na but if they call people who like robin's tone as axls yesmen
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #4596 on: March 16, 2009, 02:29:01 PM »

Yeah, sure.   Roll Eyes I'm just speaking out my honest opinion
You know what? It's not an honest opinion because you refuse to understand WHY Robin is/was in the band. And it certainly wasn't just to replicate Slash's playing, so you're demanding someone who can play it note-per-note is useless and non-sense.

If you just say "ok, I don't like Robin", it's your honest opinion. But then explaining how there could be a replacement "capable" of playing Slash's work is being a smartass.

rather than being Axl's yes-man and taking a dump on all the people who made GNR famous
Please, explain how someone who likes Robin Finck is an Axl's yes man. Also, explain how did I take a dump on the ex-members.

and because of that I'm not a real fan, don't know shit about shit and am just trying to stir shit up?  Roll Eyes
You're not a real fan because you're posting on the current band section about the old lineup. And yes, you're trying to stir shit up. To be honest, you did quite well, hence your last post about the blablabla its all Axl's fault.

Koskenkorvasieni
Rocker

Guns N' Finland

« Reply #4597 on: March 16, 2009, 03:32:03 PM »

Okay, forget everything I said earlier. Here goes: I honestly don't like Robin's style of playing the old songs, even though I do think he does quite well on the new ones. I grew up listening to Guns N' Roses, been a fan since 1991. I learned to know and love the old songs and the solos the way Slash played them and Robin's style is just way too different for my liking. Honest opinion. Happy?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 03:35:45 PM by Koskenkorvasieni » Logged

wadey
Legend

« Reply #4598 on: March 16, 2009, 03:44:01 PM »

Okay, forget everything I said earlier. Here goes: I honestly don't like Robin's style of playing the old songs, even though I do think he does quite well on the new ones. I grew up listening to Guns N' Roses, been a fan since 1991. I learned to know and love the old songs and the solos the way Slash played them and Robin's style is just way too different for my liking. Honest opinion. Happy?

so why waste your fingertips posting in this thread?

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #4599 on: March 16, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »

so why waste your fingertips posting in this thread?

Because Slash fans can't hide the fact that they hate it when people praise the new band.  It's not the real Guns N' Roses yada yada ...

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 ... 228 229 [230] 231 232 ... 237 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: