Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 01:25:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Label has finished Guns N' Roses album?  (Read 61182 times)
Oh My Choking Soul
VIP

Flee the scene...

« Reply #180 on: April 18, 2008, 11:04:18 AM »

I hear that record negotiations are moving along nicely.  The new management team of Azoff and Gould have the
stroke needed to make Universal stop messing around wrt the release of CD.

That is the latest.

Man am I gad you spoke up. I was definately feeling a little down that we hadn't heard anything lately.

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #181 on: April 18, 2008, 04:42:00 PM »

I hear that record negotiations are moving along nicely.  The new management team of Azoff and Gould have the
stroke needed to make Universal stop messing around wrt the release of CD.

That is the latest.

this may be the first credible thing I've seen that may sway my pessimism
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #182 on: April 18, 2008, 04:44:46 PM »

I don't think there should be any problems with returns from the album. I think that OUT OF CURIOSITY alone there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of music fans all over the world who would be "interested" at the very least to hear new "Guns N Roses" music and "hear Axl's voice again". Music fans all over the world who might not have an interest in hard rock music in general, know about Axl, they know the voice, and with the right promotion and marketing strategy, people would be curious

that's pretty optimistic Tongue ok
alot of fans of GnR from back in my day could care less what the guy does and were so turned off by his behavior during the illusions tour that they don't care if he ever makes another record

and I bet the residents of Philly, St. Louis, and all the other riot sites will be lining up to buy the album

arent you being pessimistic ,

judging by the amount of people that saw gnr in the last two years across the world,
If thats anything to go by,
then Chinese Democracy will be very successful...

And alot of those tours had 0 - to nothing promotion, and they played to hundreds of thousands of people....

alot of people are expecting this cd to be either very successful or not successful,
but we cant base the success of this record on anything, because nothing like this has ever been done before,
so why dont we all stay positive instead of feeding on the negativity that can be spread like wild fire eh?

not really; as long as all the new fans buy the material and they pick up additional fans along the way that buy the material; thos from the 80s mostly wrote them off, especially w/ the new line up;

AFD sold 30 mil
UYI sold 15 mil
not sure Lies did but I think about 7-8
GH checkked in about 3-4

notice a trend?  it's a new release but its alot different environment
ben9785
« Reply #183 on: April 18, 2008, 06:42:45 PM »

I don't think there should be any problems with returns from the album. I think that OUT OF CURIOSITY alone there will be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of music fans all over the world who would be "interested" at the very least to hear new "Guns N Roses" music and "hear Axl's voice again". Music fans all over the world who might not have an interest in hard rock music in general, know about Axl, they know the voice, and with the right promotion and marketing strategy, people would be curious

alot of fans of GnR from back in my day could care less what the guy does and were so turned off by his behavior during the illusions tour that they don't care if he ever makes another record

and I bet the residents of Philly, St. Louis, and all the other riot sites will be lining up to buy the album

judging by the amount of people that saw gnr in the last two years across the world,

And alot of those tours had 0 - to nothing promotion, and they played to hundreds of thousands of people....

alot of people are expecting this cd to be either very successful or not successful,
but we cant base the success of this record on anything, because nothing like this has ever been done before,
so why dont we all stay positive instead of feeding on the negativity that can be spread like wild fire eh?

Exactly.

And as fans here, most of us whom have been part of this forum, or at least following GNR over the last 5-10 years after the original lineup departed, we shouldn't be the ones being pessimistic and negative.

This might sound ridiculous but its the truth - when GNR return and the album comes out, people will come back here and see the history that we have almost made. Think about, in the world of the internet, how much speculation, rumours, suggestions, facts etc which have surfaced, have most likely started from here. We are a 'core' group of friends who have kept interest (on the Internet, at the very least) ongoing because we are here maintaining an interest; and this website, being a popular GNR fan website, would get alot of hits for anyone even remotely curious about searching for GNR on the net.

So regardless of anyone's expectations in album sales, ticket sales, trends, past incidents etc etc - fuck all that. Particularly at such a time where the release of the album almost feels imminent (or an official announcement at least), we should continue to be positive and supportive.

Sure, things might be a bit unclear right now particularly with Robin, but look how far we have come?
Verse Chorus Verse
Legend

It's here!

« Reply #184 on: April 18, 2008, 08:25:31 PM »

not really; as long as all the new fans buy the material and they pick up additional fans along the way that buy the material; thos from the 80s mostly wrote them off, especially w/ the new line up;

AFD sold 30 mil
UYI sold 15 mil
not sure Lies did but I think about 7-8
GH checkked in about 3-4

notice a trend?  it's a new release but its alot different environment
Lies was in between UYI, Greatest Hits was a collection of songs most fans already owned (And yet is still on the charts) and AFd was just pure brilliance, not a single bad moment on it. If anything affects the sales of CD, it will be the unfounded public stigma people attach to Axl.

Louis Landon for Peace in Iraq
"This is the new Guns 'n Roses, deal with it or get off the planet."
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #185 on: April 18, 2008, 08:33:01 PM »

hopefully the music will just speak for itself,
without any negativity over the current incarnation of gnr affecting the publics judgement....

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
norway
What if Axl?s name was skogsal...
Legend

Wake up fuckers

« Reply #186 on: April 18, 2008, 11:42:37 PM »

I hear that record negotiations are moving along nicely. 
Cool, about time hihi

Any chance we can see a single soon, before summer?

Here 2day gone insane coffee

Quote from: Wooody
Burgers can be songs, they don't know who to credit?
Quote from: ppbebe
hi you got 2 twats right?
ben9785
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2008, 12:21:08 AM »

A single would be nice, or at the very least, a free streaming track for download on the official website while things with the album are being sorted out..
Chief
Legend

« Reply #188 on: April 19, 2008, 12:27:30 AM »

There's always a chance and I certainly hope so!

I hear that record negotiations are moving along nicely. 
Cool, about time hihi

Any chance we can see a single soon, before summer?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #189 on: April 19, 2008, 09:46:28 AM »

I think alot of people don't follow bands endlessly, they tend to live the moment (something Axl suggested I seem to remember) so when the album drops, there will be the old fans who'll be intreged, old fans who don't care and many somewhere in between. The potential new audience will include  those who won't give a damn about the history, created when dad couldn't pull out in time in the back of the car, whilst shagging to AFD.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #190 on: April 19, 2008, 10:46:02 AM »

Why are there so many that are bitchin' about rumours? They are rumours goddamn it.

CD will be released, it?s that simple.
Bitch Slap Rappin
Rocker

« Reply #191 on: April 25, 2008, 11:42:34 AM »

I wouldn't worry about it. Axl is getting ready like the way a bull gets ready to step into the ring. The cd...or cd's will be released. A tour will be announced. I'm willing to bet every old and new fan of G&R from whatever era will go out and buy a ticket to see the show. Like Axl said once.....lolo......."Just a little patiences........... beer
November_Rain
Loyal to death
VIP

The bittersweet honey of your eyes...

« Reply #192 on: April 27, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »

Why are there so many that are bitchin' about rumours? They are rumours goddamn it.

Because they always need something to bich or someone to point their fingers at. And it?s a pity some people waste their time that way. I bet when the record is out they will be the first ones to buy it and they?ll have to eat their words.

Nobody will ever love you the way I do...
fuckin crazy
Banned
Legend

Social Democracy Now!!!

« Reply #193 on: April 27, 2008, 05:54:57 PM »

CD will be released, it´s that simple.

Because they always need something to bich or someone to point their fingers at. And it´s a pity some people waste their time that way. I bet when the record is out they will be the first ones to buy it and they´ll have to eat their words.

IDK, I kind of think some people could listen to it, reach an orgasmic eutopia, and still find something to complain about.

i got lit last night, and I got lit the night before ... I'm drinkin' heavily and I will git lit some more
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2008, 02:30:22 PM »

Because they always need something to bich or someone to point their fingers at. And it?s a pity some people waste their time that way. I bet when the record is out they will be the first ones to buy it and they?ll have to eat their words.

IDK, I kind of think some people could listen to it, reach an orgasmic eutopia, and still find something to complain about.

I've been checking the webpages for about 10 years now everytime I got the chance to check if there has been ?ny update on CD.  Undecided

But I won't stop believing that it will be released some day.
Wicked Demon
Rocker

my post was Here Yesterday...

« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2008, 04:54:21 PM »

After 15 years, I want to reach *2* orgasmic utopias. anything less and CD is a failure.   crying
doooodickiebr
VIP

Police and niggaz...get outta my way!

« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2008, 06:27:44 PM »

After 15 years, I want to reach *2* orgasmic utopias. anything less and CD is a failure.   crying

lol....i agree completely

Baton Rouge, LA 1992
New Orleans, LA 1992
Biloxi, MS  2002 Cancelled!!!!
Kansas City, MO 2011
New Orleans, LA 2016
Houston, TX 2016
New Orleans, LA 2019
Biloxi, MS 2023
thecrippled
Opening Act

« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2008, 01:41:54 PM »

Hopefully they are gonna release a single on summer, probably late summer. hihi
LeftToDecay
VIP

i'd love to pull the wires from the wall

« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2008, 03:04:19 PM »

If negotiations keep proceeding this well for few more months, things just might end up on launchpad soon!
 ok ok ok ok     ok

this is what you should fear
you are what you should fear
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2008, 04:06:29 PM »

If negotiations keep proceeding this well for few more months, things just might end up on launchpad soon!
 ok ok ok ok     ok

I hope the new management team do a good job for GN'R

I also hope that Guns don't suffer the same fate as Weezer who's album has leaked many weeks before release. Absolutely shocking.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: