Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:53:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Shackler's Revenge Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 105 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Shackler's Revenge Discussion  (Read 473386 times)
Olorin
« Reply #1720 on: September 16, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »

His dream track for Rock Band 2? Stairway to heaven or some other mega guitar classic? Sweet Child? Naaaa, can't see Axl going for that.

Orrrrrr... Cheesy what about the first ever single for commercial release from Chinese Democracy getting announced in a months time - and it aint Shacklers! - And Rock Band 2 have exclusive rights to make it a downloadable bonus to the current game? beer
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1721 on: September 16, 2008, 06:02:20 PM »

Also, take one forum member's advice and layer a few stickers on top of a simple orange circle. The result is magic.
[

No thats sound promising, dont it ? Grin
I never posted that  Wink Grin .......  Kiss  confused  Tongue

peace

naaa. just a quote from the 7th heaven.. ahh.. the Tv Show...

Well, anyway.. i need to play this game. But i guess i would be angry if any of my buds played Shackler better then me.. lol hihi

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
spunton
Headliner

Toon Army!!!!

« Reply #1722 on: September 16, 2008, 06:09:37 PM »

It has to be released in some form! Give it to the radio stations and get the reaction.

I didn't even ask to hear the RB2 version of the song but my young brother sent me it knowing how much i like gnr and it is much better than the leak..

Needs to be the first single! if some little tit like my brother likes it. It has to be a really good sign...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #1723 on: September 16, 2008, 07:17:21 PM »

The Chinese Democracy Has Begun

by Paul Cashmere - September 17 2008

Get ready for the first Guns `n Roses impact in more than a decade. The roll-out of the `Chinese Democracy` has begun with the release of `Shackler`s Revenge` on Rock Band 2.

Axl Rose has taken the more unconventional decision to introduce `Chinese Democracy` first to the gamers.

The high impact of Rock Band 2 will focus the new Guns `N Roses track far greater than releasing a single to radio.

GNR fans have waited more than a decade for `Chinese Democracy` and it is finally on the way.

Have your first listen to Guns `N Roses `Shackler`s Revenge` here:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6318

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #1724 on: September 16, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »

The Chinese Democracy Has Begun

by Paul Cashmere - September 17 2008

Get ready for the first Guns `n Roses impact in more than a decade. The roll-out of the `Chinese Democracy` has begun with the release of `Shackler`s Revenge` on Rock Band 2.

Axl Rose has taken the more unconventional decision to introduce `Chinese Democracy` first to the gamers.

The high impact of Rock Band 2 will focus the new Guns `N Roses track far greater than releasing a single to radio.

GNR fans have waited more than a decade for `Chinese Democracy` and it is finally on the way.

Have your first listen to Guns `N Roses `Shackler`s Revenge` here:

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=6318

Woow. Cool, thanks for that.. The song is just so fucking great!!  peace

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #1725 on: September 16, 2008, 07:40:45 PM »

Thanks FunkyMonkey!!!

At the very very very beginning of the song, is that Axl singing?  If it is (and I'm guessing it is), is that something he's doing himself to make his voice sound like that?  or did they somehow manipulate it to sound like that?

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
difleha
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #1726 on: September 16, 2008, 07:47:15 PM »

This song reminds me of "Get in the Ring."

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi

HOW?

The deep Axl voice is the only comparison I can see.
Sorry, that was what i mean though. Anyway, the new version is so much better than the RB2 version now.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #1727 on: September 16, 2008, 07:49:26 PM »

Thanks FunkyMonkey!!!

At the very very very beginning of the song, is that Axl singing?  If it is (and I'm guessing it is), is that something he's doing himself to make his voice sound like that?  or did they somehow manipulate it to sound like that?
Yeah that's Axl.  Lots of layered vocals in the song.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #1728 on: September 16, 2008, 08:07:48 PM »

IM pretty sue he dos his own vocal styling, and not really much is used to manipulate it.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #1729 on: September 16, 2008, 09:40:17 PM »

IM pretty sue he dos his own vocal styling, and not really much is used to manipulate it.

After watching the clips on how drum sounds are modified (wish I had the link, sorry, it was on youtube months ago) nothing would surprise me...but I have listened to Shackler, probably more than is healthy, and I think those are the 4 distinct singing 'voices' axl is credited with having.  OMG did have some sort of 'distortion' to Axl's voice, and Weiland has his megaphone schtick with STP/VR...so it wouldn't be unusual to use vocal effects.

I am more curious how they will play this live!  Dizzy and Ron are both decent singers...perhaps they will fill in?

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Hoosier
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1730 on: September 16, 2008, 10:14:58 PM »

after giving it a few listens (or 30) its pretty clear why they chose this song for Rock Band. 1.) badass/unique guitar solo (i still lean towards it being Robin because i thinks its done on a fretless, but Bucket is capable is creating any sound he wants) 2.) you have to have a very good vocal range and some decent lungs to sing it correctly. a great choice for this game IMO

edit - actually im now thinking the solo is done with a digitech whammy pedal, which Bucket has in his arsenal o' pedals
« Last Edit: September 16, 2008, 10:20:33 PM by Hoosier » Logged

ever been in an earthquake motherfucker?!?!
Jay Tea
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1731 on: September 16, 2008, 11:19:21 PM »

I feel the end chorus puts an end to the question "Why do they need 3 guitars". It's awesome. The rhythm riff, the Bucket tapping lead, and the cutting Robin solo work so perfectly together.

I can't wait to hear this live. I bet Ron will play the shit out of it. And it will put the band to the backing vocal test that I know they are up to.

Vocally (on stage) I imagine Ron low, Dizzy (or Robin) middle, Axl high... maybe?
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #1732 on: September 16, 2008, 11:21:25 PM »

after giving it a few listens (or 30) its pretty clear why they chose this song for Rock Band. 1.) badass/unique guitar solo (i still lean towards it being Robin because i thinks its done on a fretless, but Bucket is capable is creating any sound he wants) 2.) you have to have a very good vocal range and some decent lungs to sing it correctly. a great choice for this game IMO

edit - actually im now thinking the solo is done with a digitech whammy pedal, which Bucket has in his arsenal o' pedals
dude, that's a fretless guitar, not a whammy pedal. Bucket may create any sound he wants, but he still couldn't make those slides sound so cool on a fretted guitar.

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #1733 on: September 16, 2008, 11:25:05 PM »

I feel the end chorus puts an end to the question "Why do they need 3 guitars". It's awesome. The rhythm riff, the Bucket tapping lead, and the cutting Robin solo work so perfectly together.

Yes!  Finally, someone.  Thank you!  I agree and have always thought that the idea of having 3 guitarists was such a cool idea.  I know it's been done (though rarely) before, but it is easy to see why such a musical genius like Axl would be into the idea... because it's a great one!

Seriously, how lame is the "they don't need 3 guitarists!" argument?  How or why is more instrumentation a bad thing?  

I don't care... I respect anything and everything Axl has ever put his hands on.  He's always made the right decisions and just because we don't know everything, doesn't mean he's being a "prick" like some fake fans claim.  Axl = GOD!!!

Rapture
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1734 on: September 16, 2008, 11:26:53 PM »

everything for this song rocks, the vocals, bass, guitar and drums flow great together
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1735 on: September 16, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »

In defense of people, They may have been referring to the old material not needing 3 guitar players. Axl wouldn't have 3 unless they were needed.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNRFAN20
« Reply #1736 on: September 17, 2008, 12:12:19 AM »

someone should contact bumblefoot to see if the solo is played by him or buckethead just an idea ok
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #1737 on: September 17, 2008, 12:37:50 AM »

So it is possible to buy this song somewhere without buying a 40000000000 dollar Xbox?
nekomex
Rocker

« Reply #1738 on: September 17, 2008, 12:41:21 AM »

So it is possible to buy this song somewhere without buying a 40000000000 dollar Xbox?

yes buying a 4000000000000 dollar ps3 nervous
Chief
Legend

« Reply #1739 on: September 17, 2008, 01:02:24 AM »

This is pretty amazing.. i never Really thought that GNR would really release a new song in a game like this.
Cheers!!   beer

On a side note - i wonder when the gnr website will be updated to reflect the release of the game?

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 105 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: