Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 06:43:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  The Jungle
| | |-+  Batman "The Dark Knight"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Batman "The Dark Knight"  (Read 83757 times)
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #100 on: July 22, 2008, 04:30:13 PM »

about dent. they are never really THAT clear that hes dead. i mean we saw gordon giving his speech but we didnt see any casket or anything, i've been wondering whether they might say he survived that fall, since i remember reading this film was supposed to set two-face up as the bad guy for the next film in nolan's trilogy.

I agree.

I can almost see him as some "John Doe" sitting over in Arkham.....

Honestly, I hope that's the case.   I can't see them doing such a superb job of introducing and defining the character to have him dead by film's end.  Granted, it does betray the "preserve Harvey's legacy" ending if he ended up alive in the future, but hiding him in Arkham might be an alternative.  I can't say it would be feasible, however...no way would that stay a secret.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #101 on: July 22, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »

Why is D-Bo in this movie?

I thought ALMOST the same thing when I saw Tiny Lister in the role....

"WTF is Zeus doing on that boat!"

I had a similar reaction, but it was overshadowed by my thoughts on how ecstatic both Eric Roberts and Anthony Michael Hall must be to be a part of this movie.  And good for them.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #102 on: July 22, 2008, 04:53:48 PM »

about dent. they are never really THAT clear that hes dead. i mean we saw gordon giving his speech but we didnt see any casket or anything, i've been wondering whether they might say he survived that fall, since i remember reading this film was supposed to set two-face up as the bad guy for the next film in nolan's trilogy.

I agree.

I can almost see him as some "John Doe" sitting over in Arkham.....

Honestly, I hope that's the case.   I can't see them doing such a superb job of introducing and defining the character to have him dead by film's end.  Granted, it does betray the "preserve Harvey's legacy" ending if he ended up alive in the future, but hiding him in Arkham might be an alternative.  I can't say it would be feasible, however...no way would that stay a secret.

I think it would fit the continuation of the story perfectly if two face became a mass killer and then Batman was no longer hunted because Harvey took responsibility. Though it would have been better to still have the Joker as a villain, but I dont see that role being recast.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #103 on: July 22, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »

i was reading an article at some dark knight forum saying that if they do recast it might be johnny depp to play the joker for some scenes. i guess so they can just finish the joker off in the 3rd movie.
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 22, 2008, 06:09:43 PM »

i was reading an article at some dark knight forum saying that if they do recast it might be johnny depp to play the joker for some scenes. i guess so they can just finish the joker off in the 3rd movie.

I'm sorry, but *anyone* else taking that role over, no matter how small the part, would be awful.   Unlike Katie Holmes in the previous film, Ledger left too much of a mark on the character for anyone else to successfully step in to replace him.  It would be a mistake, and I hope they don't consider it as a viable option. 
GeraldFord
« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2008, 06:16:48 PM »

If/when they make a third movie, they need the Joker. The story needs closure.
$$$$
VIP

the disrespect in your eye

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2008, 07:08:09 PM »

I couldnt see anyone other that johnny depp playing the joker if they were to bring him back.

BASTARD SON OF A LOADED GUN
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2008, 08:12:02 PM »

Just saw it today.  What can I say?  I really liked the movie.  headbanger 

I watched it and just found myself thinking "is this shit ever gonna end?

I dont like Christian Bale, I think he is dry as toast, Batman is the shittiest super hero as he really isnt a super hero and Batman Begins had the worst villain probably in superhero movie history.

Shittiest super hero?  Only if in your world "shitty" means "great" and, thus, "shittiest" means "greatest."

No special powers...just a dude fucking shit up.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2008, 08:16:58 PM by freedom78 » Logged

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2008, 08:23:17 PM »

Ok, it was good, but it wasn't Batman and Robin...now that was a great movie!  ok
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2008, 08:28:03 PM »

Ok, it was good, but it wasn't Batman and Robin...now that was a great movie!  ok

Was taht the one with Mr. Freeze?  rofl

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
GeraldFord
« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2008, 08:37:37 PM »

Yes!

''I think we might have killed the franchis"--GC
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »

Yes!

They really made some awful Batman movies there for a while.  Something about Alicia Silverstone doesn't lend credibility to the series.

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
mrbucketfoot
« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2008, 10:43:07 PM »

They really made some awful Batman movies there for a while.  Something about Alicia Silverstone doesn't lend credibility to the series.

Yes, after Batman Returns it was a nosedive into Shit Canyon. But you have to admit, Alicia looked  drool in her Batsuit.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2008, 10:55:26 PM »

Yes!

Yeah everything after batman returns was god awful. I don't know if this series of the movies will have that many sequels but if it does at least i think they will be good movies.
Robman?
Legend

Catcher In The Rye

« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2008, 11:12:35 PM »

Yes!

Yeah everything after batman returns was god awful. I don't know if this series of the movies will have that many sequels but if it does at least i think they will be good movies.

There was only Batman Forever (with Val Kilmer), and Batman & Robin (with Clooney), after Batman Returns. But yeah, they each got exponentially crappier. This series will probably be 3 or 4 movies too.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2008, 11:28:34 PM »

I read somewhere that Bale was signed on for three movies, but Nolan was only signed on for two.

I know this:
- I don't want a third movie directed by someone other than Nolan
- I'm not interested in a new movie in this series that re-casts The Joker

Re-casting Katie Holmes was pointless, it's not like Gyllenhaal added anything significant to the role.  I would have preferred Holmes play it out in this movie just for continuity.... and she's easier on the eyes.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 22, 2008, 11:44:13 PM »

Yeah if there is a third Nolan has to do it let him finish this great trilogy he started. Ledger would be almost impossible to replace i don't think fans would accept it at all.
freedom78
Legend

« Reply #117 on: July 22, 2008, 11:52:20 PM »

Yeah if there is a third Nolan has to do it let him finish this great trilogy he started. Ledger would be almost impossible to replace i don't think fans would accept it at all.

I dunno...it's not as if he's leaving for money reasons or the director doesn't like him, ya know?  I mean...how many crappy Crow movies are there?

SEXUAL CHOCOLATE!
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »

I dunno...it's not as if he's leaving for money reasons or the director doesn't like him, ya know?  I mean...how many crappy Crow movies are there?

Thats a good point.
gilee7
VIP

'09 & '14 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champion

« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2008, 06:59:39 AM »

I know it's all speculation, but I'm seeing The Riddler's name pop up a lot as the most likely villian to be in the third movie. You know it's not going to be Mr. Freeze or Poison Ivy or Catwoman, and I don't know as much about some of the more obscure Batman villians. One of my friends mentioned the Mad Hatter, whom I don't know much about, but I think that'd be too close to the Joker. The Riddler probably does make the most sense. And you know he'd be nothing like Jim Carrey's version.

Here Today . . .
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: