Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 29, 2024, 12:47:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227963 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Slash-Fergie Perform SCOM At The OC Fair  (Read 34795 times)
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2008, 02:07:22 AM »

you want to take me up on my bet?

kelly clarkson, miley cyrus, nickelback.  1 of 3 within 1 year.  $100.   

ok.

Are you kidding? 

He's already played with Chad Kroeger. 

I'd take him up on it, with Miley Cyrus.  Seriously.  If Slash plays with Miley Cyrus, within the year, I'll pay you a $100, Jim Bob.  If not, you owe me.   

If its Miley Cyrus or Kelly Clarkson, then you got a deal.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2008, 02:56:48 AM »

i want to bet too
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2008, 03:04:04 AM »

you want to take me up on my bet?

kelly clarkson, miley cyrus, nickelback.  1 of 3 within 1 year.  $100.   

ok.

Are you kidding? 

He's already played with Chad Kroeger. 

I'd take him up on it, with Miley Cyrus.  Seriously.  If Slash plays with Miley Cyrus, within the year, I'll pay you a $100, Jim Bob.  If not, you owe me.   

If its Miley Cyrus or Kelly Clarkson, then you got a deal.

Ok.  It's on.  (although, the Kelly Clarkson thing makes me a bit nervous..... hihi)  July 24, 2008 until July 24, 2009. 

godammitalltoohell.wtfamidoing?   hihi

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2008, 03:26:25 AM »

only betting one person, and the bet is on with lynn.

i am a man true to my word.   smoking
lynn1961
Jaded Cupcake
Legend

« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2008, 03:30:30 AM »

only betting one person, and the bet is on with lynn.

i am a man true to my word.   smoking

Ok.  We're on. 

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #105 on: July 24, 2008, 07:51:51 AM »

Could be a bad bet Lynn....... he does have a solo album coming out and Id say he will do the Santana thing and play with various people..............

Clarkson IS on the same label with Slash................................

Also Gypsy, I didnt make this thread anyone vs anyone but when u are debating certain topics are just naturally going to come up.

I just like calling out hypocrisy when I see it.

I am the main and probablyonly one that ever bitched about all these side projects.  All i heard was "These guys are musicians, its their right to go out and play.

When Slash does this though, everyone ridicules him and talks shit about him

U can tell me what is worse

Slash, on his own time for fun playing SCOM with Fergie

Or Robin and Richard I think it was playing A Christina Aguilera song at every concert.

cause u see, there really isnt much of a difference.  Just like Rockband2 and guitar hero III are all the same thing. U can loophole and have this or that technicality but essentially, both are done for EXPOSURE.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it but if people are gonna call Slash out on Guitar Hero III, lets just be fair is all I am saying.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #106 on: July 24, 2008, 08:09:53 AM »

I just saw it and think she does pretty well on the vocals. Slash is spot on as usual.

Fuck 'Em All.
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2008, 09:45:36 AM »

wow, mods into huge deleting mood again. come on, this was an personal opinion!
happy to see SCOM performed live again by the man who wrote the solo! in this clip you get one original member from the classic GN'R line up (= AFD) here playing the song......just like during the Axl tours since 2000/2001  peace

Re-Union time, baby!!
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #108 on: July 24, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »

Could be a bad bet Lynn....... he does have a solo album coming out and Id say he will do the Santana thing and play with various people..............

Also Gypsy, I didnt make this thread anyone vs anyone but when u are debating certain topics are just naturally going to come up.

I am the main and probablyonly one that ever bitched about all these side projects.  All i heard was "These guys are musicians, its their right to go out and play.

Or Robin and Richard I think it was playing A Christina Aguilera song at every concert.

Its actually a Linda Perry song, who I might add, is really good friends with Richard. 
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #109 on: July 24, 2008, 11:22:54 AM »

in this clip you get one original member from the classic GN'R line up (= AFD) here playing the song......just like during the Axl tours since 2000/2001  peace

I don't think there's really any need to bring Axl into this.

At all.
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #110 on: July 24, 2008, 11:37:22 AM »

Sounds killer! Good to see him play a Gn'R track apart from Easy/Brownstone/Paradise for a change.

Riot In Everyone!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #111 on: July 24, 2008, 05:45:22 PM »

cause u see, there really isnt much of a difference.  Just like Rockband2 and guitar hero III are all the same thing. U can loophole and have this or that technicality but essentially, both are done for EXPOSURE.

I dont think there is anything wrong with it but if people are gonna call Slash out on Guitar Hero III, lets just be fair is all I am saying.

you ruin threads by bringing discussions of other threads into them.

for example, this has nothing to do with Rock Band 2/GH III.  Nor does it have anything to do with Robin and Richard.  but you just can't help yourself from taking any opportunity you can to demean those guys.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #112 on: July 24, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »

for example, this has nothing to do with Rock Band 2/GH III.  Nor does it have anything to do with Robin and Richard.  but you just can't help yourself from taking any opportunity you can to demean those guys.

now you are trying to twist his words into something they are not.....

so tell me what is better? covering an Xtina or Playing a GnR tune with Fergie on vocals? pretty fucking much the same thing IMO...

is playing that xtina song demeaning? thats the first i heard anyone say that?

Its actually a Linda Perry song, who I might add, is really good friends with Richard. 

Well maybe Slash is freinds with Unkle Kracker and Fergie ... again whats the diff?

lets break this down more....

Slash is poster boy for GH III....Axl, appeared on GTA-SA and is set to debut Chinese Democracy on Rock Band 2 whats the diff

Slash has own official merch store (or sorum has his own clothing line) and Axl has his face plastered on fashion designer clothes, hangs out at fashion shows, wears designer clothes and had a clothing line modeled after him...whats the friggin diff

these people use their images to make money plain and simple ... not one of them is any better or worse than the other...i dont understand why people need to make everything a competition .... its not

so anyway slash does somethign like this for fun and people accuse him of selling out...its not hes doing what he does cuz he enjoys it...he doesnt need to "sell out" hes sold millions and millions of records...what is left to sell?

lets use the words of Maynard James Keenan to close this little rant

All you know about me is what Ive sold you, Dumb fuck. I sold out long before you ever heard my name.

I sold my soul to make a record, Dip shit, And you bought one.

All you read and Wear or see and Hear on tv Is a product  Begging for your Fatass dirty Dollar

So...shut up and Buy my new record Send more money. Fuck You Buddy

ok
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 08:13:46 PM by Neemo » Logged

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #113 on: July 24, 2008, 08:40:36 PM »

neemo, you are another one who can't defend slash without bringing up someone like robin or richard or axl.     you can make your point without bringing in people who are irrelevant to the discussion.

but to answer your question, i think they are different.   if Xtina was coming up on stage with GnR and singing you'd have a point.   and i would have no problem saying I think it sucks christina agulera is on stage with Guns.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #114 on: July 24, 2008, 08:47:57 PM »

neemo, you are another one who can't defend slash without bringing up someone like robin or richard or axl.     you can make your point without bringing in people who are irrelevant to the discussion.

but to answer your question, i think they are different.   if Xtina was coming up on stage with GnR and singing you'd have a point.   and i would have no problem saying I think it sucks christina agulera is on stage with Guns.

I think Xtina would be fucking great in guns....I just watched the other angle version of this performance and if that was Xtina singing instead of Fergie, that woulda been an instant classic.........seen guns n vr 9 x's....saw xtina once at MSG......................her show ranks right up there with the best Gnr and Vr shows I've seen Shocked i was fucking shocked  yes
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #115 on: July 24, 2008, 09:14:35 PM »

not defending anyone...i'm just saying that in the entertainement business people use their likeness' voices and talents to please their fans and make money...you cant fault one person for doing it and praise another for the same thing

I'm by no means a fergie fan...i think she's shite to be honest but she didnt do too bad covering the track and i thought slash was amazing on it...

I jsut dont see the big fucking deal to be honest

you say i bring one guy up to defend another...well its obvious that you hate Slash yet you prey on news like this just to hurl insults...let it go bro we know your opinion on the man

I think Xtina would be fucking great in guns....I just watched the other angle version of this performance and if that was Xtina singing instead of Fergie, that woulda been an instant classic.........seen guns n vr 9 x's....saw xtina once at MSG......................her show ranks right up there with the best Gnr and Vr shows I've seen Shocked i was fucking shocked  yes

yeah she has a great voice...as does linda perry for that matter...i wouldnt be adverse to see either of them trade lines in a song with Ax-man  ok

Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #116 on: July 24, 2008, 09:41:36 PM »

you say i bring one guy up to defend another...well its obvious that you hate Slash yet you prey on news like this just to hurl insults...let it go bro we know your opinion on the man

you must not know my opinion, cuz i dont hate the man.  if i did, i wouldnt' be trying to get into his birthday party.    i think he's overrated a bit on these boards but no hate.   most of the frustration stems from people crying for him to be back in GnR and hating on the guys in the band now.   

i'll say it again, i respect and love what he did in the band during his time.   but to me, that chapter has ended and i've moved on and prefer not to look back.   others haven't.
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #117 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:07 PM »

Well maybe Slash is freinds with Unkle Kracker and Fergie ... again whats the diff?

The difference is Linda Perry is a pretty damn well respected songwriter and (rock)singer.  Fergie on the other hand is not.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #118 on: July 24, 2008, 10:09:19 PM »

i dont hate the man. 

i respect and love what he did in the band during his time.

funny i cant recall a single time that you've complimented Slash..and someone else is always better at performing his songs...and hes a big sellout..and anything he writes is mediocre at best

there are people like me that are fans of both Slash and Axl...but when the scales are tipped so far one way then my initial reaction is to fire back in defense

anyway what i'm tryign to say is that if you constantly critisize someone then expect his (or her) fans to fire back  peace

The difference is Linda Perry is a pretty damn well respected songwriter and (rock)singer.  Fergie on the other hand is not.

I'm glad you are around to tell people who they can and can't be freinds with and who is cool and who isn't ... and i'm sure Slash will take your opinion to heart as well  Roll Eyes

Tell me CB.... grand master of all that is cool.....which is the proper way for Slash to have gone about this?

Question: Fergie - Hey Slash I'm playing a show tonight and would love if you could make an appearance and play a couple tunes with me

Answer A: Slash - Yeah count me in that'll be fun

Answer B: Slash - Um no....i wouldnt be caught dead on the same stage with you...get a life bitch...as if its worth my time to go play 2 songs with your skanky ass...besides Axl's internet fan base will make fun of me if i show up....go fuck yourself
« Last Edit: July 24, 2008, 10:11:04 PM by Neemo » Logged

oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #119 on: July 24, 2008, 10:11:24 PM »

Back to this "Its actually a Linda Perry song, who I might add, is really good friends with Richard." regarding beautiful; it's split w/ linda and Xtina w/ credit; regarding Fergie-who cares if she's not respected as a song writer, she was singing a GnR tune!!  They weren't respected at the time they wrote it hihi
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: