Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 05:53:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50630 times)
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2008, 04:34:57 PM »

I definitely heard a "few" cheers in 2006 and 2007 at the gigs I attended.

/jarmo

Yes, and I was one of the loudest I can assure you, but that's not what this thread was about. I have to give it to you, being GNR SuperFan #1 could be a tough job, but you are incredibly patient, but you have to understand, not everyone was born with that trait. You are a bit of a freak in that regard(that's a compliment).
gav
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2008, 04:35:38 PM »

Saw this at gnrevolution.com

http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/release_list_screen.jpg

Could be fake but lets see. Mysteron? Wink

I have never seen it before.

I have the release schedule for Universal up until 28th October (Bo Diddley, Bobby Brown released) and Guns are not listed. Guns are also not listed on Universal's database for CD or anything CD related.

I've got some Gin for that tonic fellas...!
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2008, 04:37:34 PM »

GnR has one of the greatest managers in the game Azoff he's gonna get the CD out don't worry, I take back what I said earlier about taking a break from the band.  Shacklers Revenge is the start of Chinese Democracy ! it may not be a single but they released the song on the game.  Why you ask ? cause nobody listens to the Radio anymore ! Sirius destroyed FM radio ! in fact they can get a larger fanbase cause millions of people buy Rockband.  Its the first step Guns N' Roses don't half to update there site about Shacklers being released cause basically the game is promoting it itself.  Gritty get that Dr.Pepper ready your gonna be thirsty after singing all those songs your gonna hear off of Chinese Democracy.

I love me some Dr Pepper and GNR! But I have a feeling when this CD does come out, whiskey and beer will be in the cards.
Gritty
Banned
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2008, 04:39:57 PM »

not mixed of course, that would be weird
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2008, 04:40:02 PM »

. It is pretty pathetic to say the least that an album could possibly take 15 years to create.

It's not pathetic really.

A good spaghetti bolognese takes three times longer to cook than the usual one people eat.

If Axl can stick to his 'Guns' and release the material he wants the way he wants it, then that is great. We live one life, let people do what they want to do.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2008, 04:41:17 PM »

To say it shouldn't matter to us, the fans, how a band uses its time is to ignore the whole symbionic relationship between band and fans.

Musicians create music. Somebody likes it and becomes a fan. Some just enjoy the music but don't turn into a fan.

You buy the album, you get to hear the music and hopefully the musicians get their share of the money.

You buy the ticket, you get to see a show. Once again, hopefully the musicians get paid too.

And so on.

It kinda stops there. Whatever the musicians do with they earned money isn't really the point.

Some of you seem to think "well, we gave them the opportunity to live in big houses and so on".

Well lots of professionals do. Do you think a doctor owes you because he's successful and makes money?

"I've been a fan forever, they owe us..." seems to be a general misconception among certain people.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2008, 04:42:43 PM »

not mixed of course, that would be weird

Mix it with Dr Pepper  beer

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2008, 04:43:50 PM »

. It is pretty pathetic to say the least that an album could possibly take 15 years to create.

It's not pathetic really.

A good spaghetti bolognese takes three times longer to cook than the usual one people eat.

If Axl can stick to his 'Guns' and release the material he wants the way he wants it, then that is great. We live one life, let people do what they want to do.

Yawn.
GnR-NOW
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2008, 04:45:18 PM »

Would some people be happier if GNR put out a statement saying they will not put out any more CD's, but they ll continue to tour.  Instead of hearing CD will be out soon ?  Either way people will take a lose/lose attitude.  

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:01 PM »

Let me ask you this Jarmo.

If CD doesn't come out in 2008, will you at least then give people who are frustrated some benefit of the doubt?

People always suffer on here from getting too excited and by getting their hopes way up. Everyone thought Shackler's was the first single and figured it would be released in concert with the video game *makes sense*

Now there have been zero announcements and zero single release, people are getting back those old feelings of past years.

Realistically, if CD is coming out in 2008, something has to start happening pretty damn soon for that to happen.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2008, 04:48:32 PM »

To say it shouldn't matter to us, the fans, how a band uses its time is to ignore the whole symbionic relationship between band and fans.

Musicians create music. Somebody likes it and becomes a fan. Some just enjoy the music but don't turn into a fan.

You buy the album, you get to hear the music and hopefully the musicians get their share of the money.

You buy the ticket, you get to see a show. Once again, hopefully the musicians get paid too.

And so on.

It kinda stops there. Whatever the musicians do with they earned money isn't really the point.

Some of you seem to think "well, we gave them the opportunity to live in big houses and so on".

Well lots of professionals do. Do you think a doctor owes you because he's successful and makes money?

"I've been a fan forever, they owe us..." seems to be a general misconception among certain people.

/jarmo

Some bands interact with their fans, some don't.  Oh well I don't care if they don't update there site unless they have something to say which has been more often.  

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2008, 04:49:59 PM »

This all comes down to the whole "owing" thing. If you feel like you're owed stuff, I guess you'd feel differently.

/jarmo

thats exactly it...I think that explains most of the "bitching and moaning" that we see on this site and on others.  GNR already gave us several AMAZING albums, so you think people would be happy with that.  I'm just happy that a new album is in the works, it seems like some people here are pissed that Axl hasnt personally dropped the new album off at their house AND cooked them dinner....
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #52 on: September 17, 2008, 04:52:28 PM »

Thread 4,392 that's turned into nothing more than a bitch fest.

So. A release date list eh? Interesting. It'll be even more interesting to find out the validity of the list, and what happens after that.

Interesting indeed.

Now close the thread.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2008, 04:57:08 PM »

And so on.

/jarmo

Totally agree with you there Jarmo. I get so fucking tired of people who think bands owe them something. the funny thing is you can't argue with them. they don't get the point at all!! lol A jobs a job.
you'll get the cd when they are good and ready to put it out people. Until then put in another cd and injoy. I am a diehard gnr fan and always will be but there is a lot of great music out there. So go out and buy it and injoy. The key there is go out and buy it.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2008, 05:03:53 PM »

If CD doesn't come out in 2008, will you at least then give people who are frustrated some benefit of the doubt?

Why?

Because they think they're owed the album? Because they "need" to have it?

People are so hung up on numbers. Like years.

How about just wishing for it to be out when things are fully in place?

I want to hear the album as much as anyone, but it's not like I get upset and login on fan sites to bitch about it.  Tongue

2008 looks more promising than any previous year, for obvious reasons.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2008, 05:09:29 PM »

Axl said " he will share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead" what does that tell ya ! Chinese Democracy is coming out in 2008 ! Shacklers is out if he didn't intend on releasing the album he wouldn't of put the song on Rockband 2.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
leatherebel
VIP

Facts are the enemy of truth.

« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2008, 05:17:09 PM »

I heard the same thing just as recently as last week...that they are currently still targeting late Nov/ early Dec release...it was from someone working on the project.
Did I believe it? Yes. Why would anyone involved who chooses to even talk on this touchy subject lie, especially when there was no question asked to begin with.
Did I get excited? No. I've come to realize by now that despite the good intentions in the GN'R camp, 9 out of 10 times things do not work out as planned. So, until they do, there's no point to be overly excited nor sceptical nor stressed about the matter. Things will happen when they happen.

My point is the list is probably legit....as of last week at least, yet we are probably better off worrying about other things at this time.

"Asking Axl Rose what he thinks about critics is like asking a lamp post how it feels about dogs."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2008, 05:24:00 PM »

Why?

Because they think they're owed the album? Because they "need" to have it?

People are so hung up on numbers. Like years.

How about just wishing for it to be out when things are fully in place?

I want to hear the album as much as anyone, but it's not like I get upset and login on fan sites to bitch about it.  Tongue

2008 looks more promising than any previous year, for obvious reasons.

/jarmo

I think people getting upset doesn't necessarily have to be because of some sort of sense of entitlement.

You said it yourself that this looks to be the most promising year so far and that is why to me, it would be extremely disappointing to not get it this year.

I understand some people go overboard. I'm not going to bitch,complain or any of that but I honestly will say that I'll be disappointed and let down because everything just seems perfectly in place.

The rockband 2, the shear volume of great feedback the leaks got, the fact the recording industry is dying and if Axl doesn't release it soon, Cd's may be obsolete the time he does.

My hangup right now is, if 2008 isn't the right time after all the great publicity and the game, WHEN will be the right time?

Surely if it isn't released this year, we will at least get some sort of statement, not because we are "Owed" but because it is the right thing to do.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: September 17, 2008, 05:25:12 PM »

Axl said " he will share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead" what does that tell ya ! Chinese Democracy is coming out in 2008 ! Shacklers is out if he didn't intend on releasing the album he wouldn't of put the song on Rockband 2.

He should have followed that statement up with his famous "This is not a lie, a promise, etc..." so the apologists can continue to do their thing.  hihi
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 05:26:17 PM »

He should have followed that statement up with his famous "This is not a lie, a promise, etc..." so the apologists can continue to do their thing.  hihi

Apologists?

Let me guess, you're a realist.  rofl

All this whining reminds me of this quote from a song released a while ago:

this song is dedicated to all the Guns n' fuckin' Roses fans, who stuck with us through all the fucking shit....

/jarmo
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:30:47 PM by jarmo » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: