Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 09:47:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228010 Posts in 43257 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50786 times)
sofine11
Banned
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2008, 05:35:52 PM »

Axl said " he will share his Dr. Pepper with Buckethead" what does that tell ya ! Chinese Democracy is coming out in 2008 ! Shacklers is out if he didn't intend on releasing the album he wouldn't of put the song on Rockband 2.

He should have followed that statement up with his famous "This is not a lie, a promise, etc..." so the apologists can continue to do their thing.  hihi

Apologists?

Let me guess, you're a realist.  rofl

/jarmo

Nah, believe me I hate to be unoptimistic about the release situation.  God knows I'm gonna buy 10 copies just for the hell of it when it's released, just out of sheer excitement as a fan.  Saw the band live in both 02 and 06 and will support them to the end no matter what.  However, that being said, if the planned 08 release fails to produce any results...I think it's safe to say that something aint right.  We'll never know what's preventing a release. But if this fall comes and goes with no news of the album, something, well...strange has got to be preventing it's release.

Shackler's Revenge sounds great and I'm way psyched that Guns has put out a new tune.  BUT...I think we all know that real payoff for both the fans and the band is the release of Chinese Democracy.  Being a tad jaded after everything we've been through does not make ANYONE any less of a fan.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2008, 05:47:25 PM »

After looking at the list I believe its real ! if you look in the past and all those artist who released a album they all did.  Eminem is on the schedule for Dec and MTV news has a article on it and it says you will be seeing him real soon.  EVERYONE QUIT COMPLAINING THE ALBUM WILL BE OUT THIS YEAR.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #62 on: September 17, 2008, 06:06:19 PM »

I'm gonna buy 10 copies just for the hell of it when it's released, just out of sheer excitement as a fan. 

That's the spirit.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
its_so_easy
Rocker

axl rose is back!!!

« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2008, 06:40:52 PM »

They should wait until Rock Band 2 is out in the PAL region when everybody else can play the new song...

Good fuckin night
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2008, 06:56:44 PM »

Why does a September forecast list include previous releases?

Why is called "major releases releases".  Did they have a spare "releases" around and decide to throw it in here?

Why would a forecast list not include any known dates?

Why did they use such a poor version of the logo into the top left corner? Do they not create these on a recurring basis?  Would they not have professional corporate templates?

Please be sure that your topic is on the "allowed" list before posting.

Only 23% of my posts get removed!

What leaks??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2008, 07:01:19 PM »

we've looked into the source of the file and double checked with another source who is close to universal and both point to a 4th quarter release for gnr at this time....which i believe is nov 08 - feb 09 but that being said ... its not like things havent changed before, but it appears the promised land may finally be near

and we also have 2 sources claiming that geffen is going to be the label...one being universal canada the other being this list

buckle up this may start to get interesting  Cool if not we keep waiting  Undecided
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 07:07:18 PM by Neemo » Logged

Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2008, 07:09:59 PM »

we've looked into the source of the file and double checked with another source who is close to universal and both point to a 4th quarter release for gnr at this time....which i believe is nov 08 - feb 09 but that being said ... its not like things havent changed before, but it appears the promised land may finally be near

and we also have 2 sources claiming that geffen is going to be the label...one being universal canada the other being this list

buckle up this may start to get interesting  Cool if not we keep waiting  Undecided

Q= quarter.  so Q4 is Oct/Nov/Dec assuming a calendar year.   Some organizations use a year starting April 1, so in that case Q4 would be Jan/Feb/Mar.   But it would not be both.   

What leaks??
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #67 on: September 17, 2008, 07:10:36 PM »

This seems like good news.  I don't see why it's so hard to believe that this would be the plan.  If that plan can be executed, well that remains to be seen.  I have no idea what the accuracy percentage a major record labels forecasted releases is?  I'd assume it's not 100%, so while it's possible the Nov. 25th rumor just may come true, I'd wait to pop the cork on the champagne until we hear definite word.  Things are closer than they ever have been though, so that's cause for celebration alone.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #68 on: September 17, 2008, 07:11:52 PM »

Q= quarter.  so Q4 is Oct/Nov/Dec assuming a calendar year.   Some organizations use a year starting April 1, so in that case Q4 would be Jan/Feb/Mar.   But it would not be both.   
Good point, anyone know which Q4 Universal uses?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #69 on: September 17, 2008, 07:12:50 PM »

Call me a skeptic,  but this list looks waaaayyy phony.  Too many 'friend of a friends' working at Interscope, 'intercepted e-mails', psychic forcasters, etc.  I still believe we will have an album in our hands this year - in spite of the shortage of reliable information.

I will trust a release date when I see it in 'News' section here, or on gunsnroses.com

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #70 on: September 17, 2008, 07:15:29 PM »

According to the attachment, Q4 = Oct/Nov/Dec. 

What leaks??
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2008, 07:32:03 PM »

According to the attachment, Q4 = Oct/Nov/Dec. 

well there ya go but i thought fiscal quarters are broken down like this

Q1 = Mar - May
Q2 = Jun - Aug
Q3 = Sept - Nov
Q4 = Dec - Feb

but the list is obviously created with calender quarters

besides with the 8 weeks rule, if the release date is late november we are still 10 weeks from then so technically we shouldnt even know about this for another 2-3 more weeks

another thing to keep in mind...we were told about htis list 3 days ago but didnt see the excel spreadsheet until this morning..and the list is apparently from late august...since then the papa roach album has already been delayed until february 09 so like i said things can always change...but as of like now we are told that gnr is still on the 4th quarter schedule...how the next few weeks play out is another story and one we'll have to wait and watch it unfold

LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #72 on: September 17, 2008, 07:33:37 PM »

People are so hung up on numbers. Like years.

/jarmo

Wow..I really hope that was sarcasm. Because it may have been the "slowest" thing ever emitted by your fingers.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: September 17, 2008, 07:39:06 PM »

People are so hung up on numbers. Like years.

/jarmo

Wow..I really hope that was sarcasm. Because it may have been the "slowest" thing ever emitted by your fingers.

Thanks.

It means a lot to me to not be like you.  Tongue

Will it be out in 2006, 2007 or 2008? How about just caring about it being out once it's ready for release? No matter what the year is....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Howard2k
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #74 on: September 17, 2008, 07:42:54 PM »

It'll be out in Q5. Smiley

What leaks??
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #75 on: September 17, 2008, 07:47:14 PM »

RollingStone >> Issue 1062 >> October 2, 2008

FALL MUSIC PREVIEW
Legends of the Fall
Some of the season's biggest potential hits are still just rumors.  Will they come out?

Guns n' Roses

WHAT IT IS  You don't know?  Axl Rose has been working on G n' R's comeback disc, Chinese Democracy, since the Nineties.

THE OFFICIAL LINE  No comment whatsoever.  Axl who?

WHAT WE HEAR  Rose hired a high-powered new management team this year, and the Chinese Democracy track "Shackler's Revenge" is on the new Rock Band 2.  A source says the group has reserved a November date - and is in talks with Best Buy for an exclusive release.  That said, don't hold your breath - this is Chinese Democracy we're talking about.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
ben9785
« Reply #76 on: September 17, 2008, 07:58:01 PM »

Oh please let this be true..

I'm always looking forward to this album coming out in its own time .. but if it is really not so far away.. wow..
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #77 on: September 17, 2008, 08:02:38 PM »

. It is pretty pathetic to say the least that an album could possibly take 15 years to create.

It's not pathetic really.

A good spaghetti bolognese takes three times longer to cook than the usual one people eat.

If Axl can stick to his 'Guns' and release the material he wants the way he wants it, then that is great. We live one life, let people do what they want to do.

I have to agree with that.  After all these years, to do it any other way...now that would be pathetic.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #78 on: September 17, 2008, 08:03:50 PM »

well... i love GNR and ever will... but.. we need to know facts about humanbehavior when talking about GnR.!

Yeah! We know people have waited lots lots lots of years for new material. We know how hard it is to wait for our favorite artist to release music.
I dont think we always have to blame the fans, because they are humans, and they are reacting the way humans do. I also really do wish Axl could give us a sign..We cant pretend that we dont care about GnR. coz thats why we are here. Thats what most of us do.. I know the Rockband 2 release was a kind of a sign.. but what now? Not everyone plays games like this..

Not saying i loose hope. But i would really like to know more about whats going on..

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
shadyklyde
Rocker

« Reply #79 on: September 17, 2008, 08:20:49 PM »

well idk about the others but flobots cd came out may. i doubt theyll release another a couple months later.  i know some of the others are correct though. So who knows. Only time will tell

edit: also, Eminem, Dr Dre, 50 Cent, all on the same page. all friends with each other. Dont think they would release each others album so close together. most people wait awhile so they dont have to compete with sales.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 08:24:03 PM by shadyklyde » Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: