Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:33:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50969 times)
ben9785
« Reply #80 on: September 17, 2008, 08:23:38 PM »

There seems to be one or more albums of material put together ready for release at the right time, seemingly with input from all band members over the years regardless of changes, so for the moment I don't think we need to be concerned with, for instance, how Robin Finck's commitment to NIN will affect the release of the album itself.

We've heard about all sorts of legal/business/band issues surrounding the release of the album itself.

However, unlike "Oh My God", which was a 'new song' Axl released from a whole lot of music he was working on (going in and out of the studio frequently at that time even during the 01/02 tour), this song has been confirmed as being one of however many songs are on the "Chinese Democracy" album.

Whatever business/legal issues withstanding, they've managed to release one song off the album into the public, regardless as to how/where it came out.

Much like how Metallica started to throw out one or two new songs before they officially released a single and then the album "Death Magnetic", this is the first official, real, authorized preview of the album itself we've got. Unless "Shackler's Revenge" is pulled off the album, we can expect the rest of it will have to follow because they can't turn back now.

That is of course, unless "Chinese Democracy" is only a one song album.. Doubt that you know..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #81 on: September 17, 2008, 08:42:28 PM »

I'm starting to get a little bit different of a point of view.

I totally support Axl taking as long as he desires to "MAKE" the album. Now that it is finished though, I just hope he releases it.

makes u wonder if the hold up now is Robin/NIN and getting that sorted out.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #82 on: September 17, 2008, 08:47:00 PM »

I totally support Axl taking as long as he desires to "MAKE" the album. Now that it is finished though, I just hope he releases it.

I've been wondering the same thing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #83 on: September 17, 2008, 08:48:37 PM »

I doubt it NIN are on break right now I bet there getting video plans, promo's, pictures, ect ready for the release maybe they want that all done before they make an annoucement.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #84 on: September 17, 2008, 09:09:43 PM »

You think so?

You think Axl would let some other band dictate when he's gonna release his music?

I don't think so.

As he said himself, once there's touring plans they'll think about it.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ben9785
« Reply #85 on: September 17, 2008, 10:03:23 PM »

Is there any way this release info could be verified by someone in the label?
Whether this info is authentic or not?
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #86 on: September 17, 2008, 10:13:33 PM »

I wonder how old this is supposed to be? If legit, it was made recently enough for U2 to be removed from the list...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
draguns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #87 on: September 17, 2008, 10:42:05 PM »

Well hopefully the album is relaesed before the year is out. I think GNR has a lot of momentum going with Shackler's Revenge and the leaked songs. I know the media would be interested when it comes out. At the financial news media  company that I work for here in the NYC area, I think they would be interested in a story when it comes out.
scans n' copies
Headliner

I still say "OK, nevermind" when I hear s.o.d.

« Reply #88 on: September 17, 2008, 11:03:12 PM »

Speaking of financial news, does anyone else think it's a little interesting that Best Buy just bought Napster?  Would an exclusive Chi Dem deal be a good push for them to compete with Apple in the digital media market?  Regardless, there's a lot to be excited about!

We finally got a U.S. tour!!!!!!!!!!!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2008, 12:15:05 AM »

Speaking of financial news, does anyone else think it's a little interesting that Best Buy just bought Napster?  Would an exclusive Chi Dem deal be a good push for them to compete with Apple in the digital media market?  Regardless, there's a lot to be excited about!
Absolutely, could be one reason why Shackler's hasn't been released on iTunes.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »

That document looks FAKE as hell....wish it was real though.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2008, 03:43:29 AM »

Let's not forget that Chris Pitman is still on a commando mission in the lawless tribal region of Northwest Pakistan...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Naltav
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2008, 05:00:49 AM »

To say it shouldn't matter to us, the fans, how a band uses its time is to ignore the whole symbionic relationship between band and fans.

Musicians create music. Somebody likes it and becomes a fan. Some just enjoy the music but don't turn into a fan.

You buy the album, you get to hear the music and hopefully the musicians get their share of the money.

You buy the ticket, you get to see a show. Once again, hopefully the musicians get paid too.

And so on.

It kinda stops there. Whatever the musicians do with they earned money isn't really the point.

Some of you seem to think "well, we gave them the opportunity to live in big houses and so on".

Well lots of professionals do. Do you think a doctor owes you because he's successful and makes money?

"I've been a fan forever, they owe us..." seems to be a general misconception among certain people.

/jarmo

Like someone said earlier, you seem to be blessed with a good portion of patience. If that's genetic or because of something you know and we don't, doesn't really matter.

Good for YOU!  ok  Know what I'm saying? You be happy about that, thumbs up! No disrespect....

But people are different, and obviously a lot of people on the boards is not so patient/understanding. And I must say, I feel you sort of disrespect a lot of the members of your board, when you sort of like say; "NO! You don't have the right to feel the way you do!!"

If Gn'R had been completely GONE and SILENT for 15 years, and we didn't hear a diddly squat from them all those years, THEN some of your logic would be understood.

But there has been so much going on, off and on since 2001. When the tour was anounced then pulled, that was the year I really started to get jazzed up again, and it really hasn't gone away since.

Every time we've had a song leaked or sometimes many songs leaked, tours here and there under the ChiDem-banner, band-members telling us the album is done or nearly done, Tantive releasdate from Axl etc etc,  I can't personally help to start wondering: "It sure would be nice to know exactly what's going on..."  Most of the time I keep thoughts like that to myself, I'm not a frequent poster. But I sure as hell understand those that do post their thoughts on the matter. I guess to a lot of people, that's why they like going to these kind of boards. You know, to share their thoughts on different topics, read what other people thoughts are and having debates etc etc...
Sure you should be able to express your thoughts on topics, hell it's your site! But some of your posts makes you look like "Hey, I'll tell you what you can and can't feel.... Go on tell me not to stop by anymore, it tends to be your solution when members don't agree with you...

Hell! I recently turned 31, I'm on this and other boards many times daily, fingers crossed hoping for THE big news!!

Usually I'll just read posts to see what's going on. But I gotta say, Jarmo, being the Administrator around here and in some way "in the loop",  the way you talk down to board-members gives me a bad feeling....

Stavanger-rock-city!!
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #93 on: September 18, 2008, 05:13:27 AM »

To say it shouldn't matter to us, the fans, how a band uses its time is to ignore the whole symbionic relationship between band and fans.

Musicians create music. Somebody likes it and becomes a fan. Some just enjoy the music but don't turn into a fan.

You buy the album, you get to hear the music and hopefully the musicians get their share of the money.

You buy the ticket, you get to see a show. Once again, hopefully the musicians get paid too.

And so on.

It kinda stops there. Whatever the musicians do with they earned money isn't really the point.

Some of you seem to think "well, we gave them the opportunity to live in big houses and so on".

Well lots of professionals do. Do you think a doctor owes you because he's successful and makes money?

"I've been a fan forever, they owe us..." seems to be a general misconception among certain people.

/jarmo

Like someone said earlier, you seem to be blessed with a good portion of patience. If that's genetic or because of something you know and we don't, doesn't really matter.

Good for YOU!  ok  Know what I'm saying? You be happy about that, thumbs up! No disrespect....

But people are different, and obviously a lot of people on the boards is not so patient/understanding. And I must say, I feel you sort of disrespect a lot of the members of your board, when you sort of like say; "NO! You don't have the right to feel the way you do!!"

If Gn'R had been completely GONE and SILENT for 15 years, and we didn't hear a diddly squat from them all those years, THEN some of your logic would be understood.

But there has been so much going on, off and on since 2001. When the tour was anounced then pulled, that was the year I really started to get jazzed up again, and it really hasn't gone away since.

Every time we've had a song leaked or sometimes many songs leaked, tours here and there under the ChiDem-banner, band-members telling us the album is done or nearly done, Tantive releasdate from Axl etc etc,  I can't personally help to start wondering: "It sure would be nice to know exactly what's going on..."  Most of the time I keep thoughts like that to myself, I'm not a frequent poster. But I sure as hell understand those that do post their thoughts on the matter. I guess to a lot of people, that's why they like going to these kind of boards. You know, to share their thoughts on different topics, read what other people thoughts are and having debates etc etc...
Sure you should be able to express your thoughts on topics, hell it's your site! But some of your posts makes you look like "Hey, I'll tell you what you can and can't feel.... Go on tell me not to stop by anymore, it tends to be your solution when members don't agree with you...

Hell! I recently turned 31, I'm on this and other boards many times daily, fingers crossed hoping for THE big news!!

Usually I'll just read posts to see what's going on. But I gotta say, Jarmo, being the Administrator around here and in some way "in the loop",  the way you talk down to board-members gives me a bad feeling....

lets just wait untill the end of the month for any word from gnr before we start
being negative and talking about how this album/gnr wont give us any "news" or cd this year...
In my opinion, if we dont have any word from gnr within the next 2-3 weeks then I will be very skeptical of a release in 2008..
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 05:15:12 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #94 on: September 18, 2008, 06:30:29 AM »

I'm surprised this topic hasn't been deleted by now.

But, mixed with a new management team, rumors of an exclusivity agreement with Best Buy, Schackler's revenge and for the very first time a genuine feeling of urgency I think its fair to be pretty optimistic about this forecast. It seems as though the planets are finally aligning and we may have some tunes on our ipods, stereos and pcs before the end of the year. Santa Claus is coming to town!  Cool  drool  beer beer

Here today...ready to rock
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: September 18, 2008, 06:47:02 AM »

I don't talk down on anyone. I say what I think and tell people I think they're wrong when they post things I disagree with.

I've seen people post the same things for years. And they keep doing it even though times have changed.

I'm not telling anyone what they can feel either. I'm telling people that if they're frustrated, there's a place for that.

I'm also telling them that a lot of their feelings I don't understand. It makes very little sense to me to be angry at the band for things you built up in your own head for example.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #96 on: September 18, 2008, 07:28:57 AM »

Jarmo , could you find out for us , to put the argument one and for all to bed,

if it is indeed Bumble on the solo or Bucket?

Bumble did say he will talk about the songs once they are released, and this song is now released
so I can't see the harm in him just clarifyng whos playing what on the song Shacklers Revenge...
might be a nice little update from a gnr member Wink
« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 07:30:28 AM by gunns1 » Logged

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
final_touches
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #97 on: September 18, 2008, 08:30:30 AM »

I don't talk down on anyone. I say what I think and tell people I think they're wrong when they post things I disagree with.

I've seen people post the same things for years. And they keep doing it even though times have changed.

I'm not telling anyone what they can feel either. I'm telling people that if they're frustrated, there's a place for that.

I'm also telling them that a lot of their feelings I don't understand. It makes very little sense to me to be angry at the band for things you built up in your own head for example.

/jarmo

Yeah right, people thinking the album was coming out had nothing to do with "people will here music this year", "there are 13 Tuesdays left" or Axl even giving a specific release date for March 2007.

It's just that crazy fan boys making things up in their head and then blaming the band and Axl for things not turning out as the fans hoped they would.  yes
LordRazZ
VIP

I haven't updated this section in years. Tada.

« Reply #98 on: September 18, 2008, 08:37:04 AM »

You think so?

You think Axl would let some other band dictate when he's gonna release his music?

I don't think so.

/jarmo

I don't think we need to run down a list of things that have "held up" the album, or concerts, etc...

You're just digging a hole for those of us with a pesky long term memory.

The album is coming out. Let's be happy for it....stop turning every thread into a bitchfest about the same god damn things.

Don't make me slap you J. Even if I agree with you. Don't make me do it.

The last time I edited my signature, I still had ICQ.  That's crazy.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2008, 08:44:31 AM »

Yeah right, people thinking the album was coming out had nothing to do with "people will here music this year", "there are 13 Tuesdays left" or Axl even giving a specific release date for March 2007.

It's just that crazy fan boys making things up in their head and then blaming the band and Axl for things not turning out as the fans hoped they would.  yes

Here we go again.

The March 2007 was not a "specific release date". You made that part up!

It was a TENTATIVE release date. Meaning, it was not final. So, once again, you assumed shit and got frustrated. Which proves my point.

"You will hear music". Yes, that was the plan when he said so.

/jarmo

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: