Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 06:55:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: CD on Universals 4th quarter release list!?  (Read 50634 times)
DemocracyRose
« on: September 17, 2008, 02:27:03 PM »

Saw this at gnrevolution.com

http://www.chopaway.com/evolution/release_list_screen.jpg

Could be fake but lets see. Mysteron? Wink
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:32:35 PM »

Here's why I would be skeptical:

Typically, when I've seen release schedules (which admittedly isn't often) ,especially those meant for in house, they refer to the release within the fiscal year/quarter, NOT the calender year/quarter. That's true for games, music, and movies, that I've seen.  So the question would be, is this an in house release schedule (it looks like it, by the way they report on the line account Geffen would use) or something from a trade show/exhibition/retailers event.

That doesn't mean it's bunk, but it something that would make me wonder.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:39:24 PM »

I have never seen it before.

I have the release schedule for Universal up until 28th October (Bo Diddley, Bobby Brown released) and Guns are not listed. Guns are also not listed on Universal's database for CD or anything CD related.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 02:43:44 PM »

I have the release schedule for Universal up until 28th October (Bo Diddley, Bobby Brown released) and Guns are not listed. Guns are also not listed on Universal's database for CD or anything CD related.

Could it be Universal is keeping it off the release schedule due to being a exclusive at either Best Buy or Walmart ?

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 02:44:31 PM »

Could it be Universal is keeping it off the release schedule due to being a exclusive at either Best Buy or Walmart ?
yeah, that or could Gn'R be added to the list anytime soon? Otherwise, no CD in '08 Cry

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
DemocracyRose
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2008, 02:47:54 PM »

Well thanks, I guess it is killed!
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 02:49:45 PM »

forecast...
If true  hope it's not another re release.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2008, 02:51:10 PM »

oh, wait. Mysteron said 28th OCTOBER, not december. I thought he said 28th december... Tongue

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
wadey
Legend

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2008, 02:52:09 PM »

yeah, that or could Gn'R be added to the list anytime soon? Otherwise, no CD in '08 Cry

52 tuesdays still left for next year........... Smiley

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2008, 02:52:23 PM »

After 15 long years, They're back! GUNS N'ROSES,  Pre order now the re-re-re-re-re-release of their greatest hits.
Songs like Sweet child O'mine,  Patience, Paradise city and the catchy Since I don't have you. Order now and get afd for free!

Grin could u imagin!
cineater
Legend

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2008, 02:52:52 PM »

Collecting release schedules a hobby of yours

or are you looking for something?!   Grin

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
LunsJail
Legend

Mark it zero!!!

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2008, 02:54:56 PM »

Let's not overthink this.  CD doesn't have a release date yet.  That's why it's not on any schedule.  And if it doesn't come out in '08 that should surprise absolutely no one.

You should have seen the cover they wanted to do. It wasn't a glove, believe me.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2008, 02:55:51 PM »

Well it could be a hobby, but also a good thing u can look ahead wich artist are bringing out goog music.
you can watch your outgoing money on it so u could buy something that is released in oct. but u already know about since may or something like that.

But I hope it's true but to say..

GNR has been on such a list before... like almost each year Univseral just puts em on it's no big deal unless it's coming out..
but I think we should take it with a grain of salt until something better comes out.
thereisnodanaonlyz
Headliner

Mad Scientist

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2008, 02:57:18 PM »

How in the world would someone get a hold of something like that - and then post it online... unless it was self-made and... well, fake?

Rapture
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2008, 02:58:21 PM »

the list isnt fake due some are actualy coming out on the dates posted on the list. but GNR has always been on that list.. at least more then once or twice...
DemocracyRose
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2008, 03:06:42 PM »

The another times CD was on that list(i havent seen it before) the album wasnt finished.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2008, 03:14:05 PM »

in 2005 it was almost done remember. Tommy Said so!. and hes the bassplayer rofl   And Dizzy said it!. Richard,  so I think it realy was almost done in 2005 but then it didn't work out.

and same story for 2004(wich is a part of bucket)... but don't blame him for all the things we dont have
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2008, 03:14:12 PM »

I wonder how much work, on an average day, between the band, management, record company, etc. goes into getting CD ready for release.  Are negotiations still being worked out?  How many revisions of the contract have there been?  Because if everyone focused on getting this thing done we certainly should have CD in our hands by say, March 2009, no?  I mean, thats 2 years since Axl gave us a tentitive release date.  Surely if all stakeholders have a genuine interest in releasing this thing 'soon' then we shouldn't have much longer to wait, right?  

It would be nice to get an official update, even if they can't give us a specific date, just to let us know that they are working hard.  Can you imagine if Axl had a blog?  That would be phenominal.  Maybe then people would understand him and these 14 years a little better.  Not saying he or anyone else owes us anything...but it sure would be nice to know whether we should expect CD in the near future because whether I'm crazy or not, I do go on here everyday with a glimmer of hope that I'll find some really big news.  The release of Shackler's Revenge on RB2 certainly leads me to believe that CD will 'soon' follow...but the lack of additional promotion or information from GN'R has me dissappointed that I may be waiting a lot longer then March 2009.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2008, 03:18:10 PM »

It would be nice to get an official update, even if they can't give us a specific date, just to let us know that they are working hard.

You need an update to hear that?

March 2009?

How did you figure that one out..

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2008, 03:24:08 PM »

the list isnt fake due some are actualy coming out on the dates posted on the list. but GNR has always been on that list.. at least more then once or twice...

has it? I haven't ever seen GNR on a uni schedule. actually I don't think I've seen any real list.

Collecting release schedules a hobby of yours

or are you looking for something?!   Grin

for Bo Diddley(RIP) and Bobby Brown obviously.  Tongue
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: