Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:41:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 163125 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #200 on: February 02, 2009, 06:10:04 PM »

Andrew Bynum (knee) will miss 8-12 weeks with a torn medial collateral ligament.

guess we wont see him till playoffs. good thing i cancel a bynum trade in my fantasy team. and now that i got kobe he is going to score and rebound a lot more.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:14:57 PM by w.axl.rose » Logged
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #201 on: February 02, 2009, 10:55:30 PM »

So this is what happens when Andrew Bynum goes out......

Kobe On Point

Kobe Bryant recorded his fifth career 60-point game on Monday night, the second most in NBA history behind Wilt Chamberlain's 32.

Most Points By Kobe Bryant 81 Jan. 22, 2006*
65 March 16, 2007*
62 Dec. 20, 2005*
61 Feb. 2, 2009*
60 March 22, 2007*
* -- Won game
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #202 on: February 02, 2009, 11:00:46 PM »

Andrew Bynum (knee) will miss 8-12 weeks with a torn medial collateral ligament.

guess we wont see him till playoffs. good thing i cancel a bynum trade in my fantasy team. and now that i got kobe he is going to score and rebound a lot more.
That's one positive for my fantasy team as well.  Kobe sure off to a good start without Bynum.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #203 on: February 03, 2009, 05:33:48 PM »

what place are you in your fantasy league
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #204 on: February 03, 2009, 06:49:57 PM »

I'm currently in 2nd, 6 games back.  Beat the first place team last week to cut into the lead, so things are looking up.  It's a real small league though, only 6 guys, so all the teams are pretty stacked.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #205 on: February 03, 2009, 07:08:47 PM »

ah, so your playing H2H than. ive been in first place since 2 weeks after the season started  hihi i got dropped to 2nd twice but the following day i got back up to 1st.

oh and this year, the all star weekend is going to have a game of horse for the first time  rofl
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #206 on: February 03, 2009, 07:14:16 PM »

ah, so your playing H2H than. ive been in first place since 2 weeks after the season started  hihi i got dropped to 2nd twice but the following day i got back up to 1st.

oh and this year, the all star weekend is going to have a game of horse for the first time  rofl
Really, HORSE?  That'll probably actually be more exciting than that shooting competition they've had the last few years.  I used to like to play "knockout" or "lightning" or whatever you'd like to call it.  NBA players are probably too good for that though.  Free throws and layups aren't much of a challenge for them.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #207 on: February 03, 2009, 07:21:25 PM »

Really, HORSE?  That'll probably actually be more exciting than that shooting competition they've had the last few years.  I used to like to play "knockout" or "lightning" or whatever you'd like to call it.  NBA players are probably too good for that though.  Free throws and layups aren't much of a challenge for them.

i remember playing that game all the time. we would call it king of the hill and knockout
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #208 on: February 03, 2009, 07:22:32 PM »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-all-star-horse&prov=ap&type=lgns
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #209 on: February 04, 2009, 02:22:53 AM »

Knockout, 21, all that good stuff.

I miss the blacktop.

I DON'T miss NBA 2 Ball.  What the fuck was that shit?

NBA 2 Balllllll, TAKE YOUR SPOT!!!!!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #210 on: February 04, 2009, 02:37:29 AM »

wtf is nba 2 ball
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #211 on: February 04, 2009, 02:38:13 AM »

wtf is nba 2 ball

Go home, n00b.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #212 on: February 04, 2009, 01:05:20 PM »

Knockout, 21, all that good stuff.

I miss the blacktop.

I DON'T miss NBA 2 Ball.  What the fuck was that shit?

NBA 2 Balllllll, TAKE YOUR SPOT!!!!!

I turned 34 last June, and FINALLY found my way back to the blacktop after about a 10 to 15 year absense (with the occasional "weekend warrior" embarassing exception).  Worked my ass off for a YEAR to get back into shape (meaning one other than slightly to mostly "round")  so I had a hope of keeping up with the  youngsters that play down at our local parks.

Happy to say....I faired pretty well.  By the end of the summer I'd found my jumpshot again (or, as much as I'd ever had one) and was RULING the inside (which is where my game's always been).  My old bones even managed a couple of dunks...

Now I just have to live down the fact that I STILL wear "high-tops" (my ankles suck, and I ain't taping/wrapping them for pickup games) and crew (NOT ankle) socks.  A fashion statement on the court I certainly am NOT.

At least I'm not sporting a headband or wearing those tight short shorts they wore "back in the day".

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #213 on: February 05, 2009, 12:40:18 AM »

Lebron one upped Kobe

52pts and a Triple Double!!!!!!

10 boards

11 assists

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #214 on: February 05, 2009, 12:44:44 AM »

even though he said in an interview that he wasnt trying to beat kobes record, you know deep down inside he wanted to  Smiley

crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #215 on: February 05, 2009, 02:34:20 AM »

Lebron one upped Kobe

52pts and a Triple Double!!!!!!

10 boards

11 assists

Dude, you have to be kidding.  He risked the outcome of the game with his selfish FAILED attempt to score more than Kobe. Kobe did it within the flow of the game. Lebron  also didnt play much defense, as Harrington scored 39 himself. He was lucky the Cavs held on for the win, despite his selfishness.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #216 on: February 05, 2009, 03:04:52 AM »

also...kobe was going against every defender the knicks had and they were forcing him to hit difficult shots they couldn't stop him so they sent him to the line

on the other hand... lebron had a size advantage on all the player on the knicks and all of his shots were close to the hoop.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #217 on: February 05, 2009, 01:50:49 PM »

one

Lebron Doesn't guard Al Harrington as he is a Center

two

lebron also had 11 assists

11 assists valued at just 2 pts each means Lebron accounted for 74 pts.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #218 on: February 05, 2009, 09:44:37 PM »

LeBron did guard, although I use the term loosly, Harrington. As he is a FORWARD. Jeffreis is the center. Did you watch the games?  Kobe allowed the guys he was guarding like 10 points.  He also played less minutes.  But spin it all you want. Get behind the LeBron hype machine that the NBA so badly wants to build up.
 And you also didnt address my point about LeBron selfishly risking the outcome of the game to try and get a record.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2009, 11:17:43 PM »

FUCK YEAH  smoking shit man i was getting worried a couple of times. that was a great game, even though the lakers missed a shitload of free throws. bring on the Cavs. i see another streak coming to an end.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: