Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:28:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 163174 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »

The Lakers: Where streak-snapping happens.

Imagine if we made the free throws and had Bynum?

The Celtics definitely miss Brown and what's-his-face in New Orleans.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2009, 11:34:05 PM »

Get behind the LeBron hype machine that the NBA so badly wants to build up.

Most Points In Triple-Double Since Merger

Player  Date Points
LeBron James  Feb. 4, 2009  52 
Larry Bird  March 15, 1992  49 
Michael Jordan  April 13, 1989  47 
Larry Bird  Feb. 14, 1986  47 
Alvan Adams  Feb. 22, 1977  47 
Vince Carter  April 7, 2007  46 
Tracy McGrady  Feb. 23, 2003  46 
Isiah Thomas  Feb. 8, 1983  46 

Yeah... the guy is all hype.....

Lakers / Cavs is going to be awesome.  Now that Boston lost, this becomes the new showdown between the two best teams in the league (by the smallest of percentage points).
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #222 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:12 PM »

I know the guy is great, and because he cares about how great people think he is, he will throw up impressive stats.  But come on now, the guy hits ONE game winning shot in his career. ONE. And the media is calling him one of the most clutch in the NBA.  That, my friend, is marketing HYPE.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #223 on: February 05, 2009, 11:40:53 PM »

Oh, and... GREAT friggin game tonight. Go Lakers!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #224 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:26 PM »

any predictions on how many points Paul will score tomorrow at NY?
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #225 on: February 05, 2009, 11:43:31 PM »

I know the guy is great, and because he cares about how great people think he is, he will throw up impressive stats.  But come on now, the guy hits ONE game winning shot in his career. ONE. And the media is calling him one of the most clutch in the NBA.  That, my friend, is marketing HYPE.

And his team's blowout loss against the Lakers was hardly covered by the press.

Can't wait until Sunday.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #226 on: February 05, 2009, 11:47:03 PM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

and with kobe's ring finger feeling a lot than the day we faced the cavs. it might be even a bigger blow out  drool
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #227 on: February 05, 2009, 11:47:51 PM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

and with kobe's ring finger feeling a lot than the day we faced the cavs. it might be even a bigger blow out  drool

Now now, you must not forget that Cleveland is perfect at home.

The Q is a difficult place to play.  It is going to be a close game, and hopefully a good one.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #228 on: February 05, 2009, 11:50:13 PM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

The Q is a difficult place to play.  It is going to be a close game, and hopefully a good one.

yeah i know. im still excited about the win so im just talking crazy. but yeah i hope its a close game with lakers coming out on top  smoking
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #229 on: February 05, 2009, 11:51:13 PM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

yeah i know. im still excited about the win so im just talking crazy. but yeah i hope its a close game with lakers coming out on top  smoking

Eh, it was OK. 

I'll wait until June to celebrate.  If we even make it that far. 

Pleeeeeeeez, no injuries!  Lips Sealed
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #230 on: February 06, 2009, 04:00:47 AM »

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed Lips Sealed

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Video-Slap-an-asterisk-on-LeBron-s-MSG-triple-d;_ylt=AtQHfP7W0fbh.tIpo9hBD.68vLYF?urn=nba,139191
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #231 on: February 06, 2009, 04:01:31 AM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

Eh, it was OK. 

my birthday?  smoking
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #232 on: February 06, 2009, 04:08:00 AM »

Can't wait until Sunday.

Eh, it was OK. 

my birthday?  smoking

YES!  A perfect time to turn 21!
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #233 on: February 06, 2009, 11:09:19 AM »

Does anybody know what time is the game between the Cavs and Lakers on Sunday? I hope is one of those 12:00 pm games so I don't have to stay awake till 5 am with a full working day ahead of me. Sucks being an NBA fan when you live in Europe!!  Although, thanx to MJ back in the 90's I managed to go through college passing exams studying and watching the finals at the same time  smoking
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #234 on: February 06, 2009, 11:11:23 AM »

Does anybody know what time is the game between the Cavs and Lakers on Sunday? I hope is one of those 12:00 pm games so I don't have to stay awake till 5 am with a full working day ahead of me. Sucks being an NBA fan when you live in Europe!!  Although, thanx to MJ back in the 90's I managed to go through college passing exams studying and watching the finals at the same time  smoking

Looks like you're in for a long night/early morning.  The game is at 3:30pm.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #235 on: February 06, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

LeBron did guard, although I use the term loosly, Harrington. As he is a FORWARD. Jeffreis is the center. Did you watch the games?  Kobe allowed the guys he was guarding like 10 points.  He also played less minutes.  But spin it all you want. Get behind the LeBron hype machine that the NBA so badly wants to build up.
 And you also didnt address my point about LeBron selfishly risking the outcome of the game to try and get a record.

how many rebounds did Kobe have? 0
how many Assists did Kobe have? 3

I'll take a guy getting 52-10-11  over a guy getting 61-0-3

11 assists x 2 equals 22pts  so lebron accounting for 74 of his teams 107 or whatever it was points whereas Kobe accounted for 67 of his teams 124 or whatever it was.

Neither guy have anything on Jordans Double Nickel though, cause he got 55 on a team that was an NBA Finals team and not the no D playing Knicks of today.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #236 on: February 06, 2009, 01:14:59 PM »

Neither guy have anything on Jordans Double Nickel though, cause he got 55 on a team that was an NBA Finals team and not the no D playing Knicks of today.

Exactly.

The Knicks in the early-mid 90's were like the late 80's Pistons. Their defense was simply extraordinary. It was so good that most of the times, it wasnt even legal!! Starks, Jackson, and specially Charles Oakley knew all the tricks. I remember an interview with Starks in an after match against the bulls saying something along the lines of "Coach said no easy lay ups on our defensive end and we've made sure we got that right".

However, gotta give credit when credit is due. Kobe's and King James performance this week against the knicks has been phenomenal. You can't really compare that to MJ's...different times, softer defenses now...but hey, these two guys are also out of this world. Can't wait for sunday!
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #237 on: February 06, 2009, 01:59:29 PM »

LeBron did guard, although I use the term loosly, Harrington. As he is a FORWARD. Jeffreis is the center. Did you watch the games?  Kobe allowed the guys he was guarding like 10 points.  He also played less minutes.  But spin it all you want. Get behind the LeBron hype machine that the NBA so badly wants to build up.
 And you also didnt address my point about LeBron selfishly risking the outcome of the game to try and get a record.

11 assists x 2 equals 22pts  so lebron accounting for 74 of his teams 107 or whatever it was points whereas Kobe accounted for 67 of his teams 124 or whatever it was.

dont you mean 52-9-11?  hihi
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #238 on: February 06, 2009, 03:45:50 PM »

What game did the Knicks almost win because someone was chasing a record for his own glory?
Kobe plays in a system where there is no one facilitator. Therefore, not a lot of double digit assists for one player.  Kobe doesnt purposely snatch the ball away from teammates to pad his stats. So get off the triple double thing.
Bottom line is LeBron came up short and almost cost his team the game. If that would have been Kobe, you know you would be harping all over him, regardless of how my assists.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #239 on: February 06, 2009, 03:49:59 PM »

I like Kobe

I honest to God actually have a Kobe Bryant Jersey on right now and I don't even own a Lebron

HOWEVER

when you do something that no body other than Kareem Abdul Jabbar has done. I am sorry but that trumps anything else regardless.

a 61 point game is great, but has happened way more in NBA History than a guy getting a Triple Double while scoring 50pts.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: