Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 10:17:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228062 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 163146 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #380 on: April 13, 2009, 01:28:04 AM »

wow boston got killed  smoking smoking
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #381 on: April 13, 2009, 02:11:35 PM »

I think it's probably the Cavs year.  Too many injuries for the Celts and too many things working against them.

That being said:  I wouldn't take anything away from the game, yesterday.  No KG, no Powe and no real motivation for the Celts to win.  They're locked into their seed already.

The Cavs are fighting for home court for the entire playoffs against the Lakers AND are looking to protect a pretty impressive streak and place in the record books with their home record.

I wouldn't take it as much of a statement game.  I'd suspect that we'll probably see the Celts/Cavs in the ECF (that's assuming the Cets get KG and the walking wounded back, and they look like themselves....which may NOT be the best assumption), and we'll see exactly what's happened every game this year:  The home team will win.

Then we'll get Lakers/Cavs in the finals, and Kobe will, once again, go home disappointed.

Just my prediction.  Lets see how wrong I can be. Smiley

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #382 on: April 13, 2009, 04:32:38 PM »

If KG doesn't come back in a big way, I could see it being Cavs / Magic in the ECF... Either way, I think the Cavs will advance and win it all.  I think everyone wins if there is a Cleveland / LA final.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #383 on: April 13, 2009, 08:15:54 PM »

I think it's probably the Cavs year.  Too many injuries for the Celts and too many things working against them.

That being said:  I wouldn't take anything away from the game, yesterday.  No KG, no Powe and no real motivation for the Celts to win.  They're locked into their seed already.

The Cavs are fighting for home court for the entire playoffs against the Lakers AND are looking to protect a pretty impressive streak and place in the record books with their home record.

I wouldn't take it as much of a statement game.  I'd suspect that we'll probably see the Celts/Cavs in the ECF (that's assuming the Cets get KG and the walking wounded back, and they look like themselves....which may NOT be the best assumption), and we'll see exactly what's happened every game this year:  The home team will win.

Then we'll get Lakers/Cavs in the finals, and Kobe will, once again, go home disappointed.

Just my prediction.  Lets see how wrong I can be. Smiley
Ray Allen didn't care too much for a few of the Cavs celebratory antics.

When the Cavs reserves pushed the lead to 30, James, Mo Williams and Delonte West boogied together during a timeout as Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" pumped through the arena. The trio wasn't shy about things as they mugged for TV cameras to the roaring crowd's delight.

At the other end of the floor, the Celtics sat stoically while watching the Cavs clown around.

"I'm always going to remember that," Ray Allen said. "If I beat a team, as happy as I may be in victory, I'm always going to stay humble and always remember that there's another day. We play each other too much. Those are great motivational thoughts for me."

James insisted the Cavs weren't being irreverent toward the league's most storied franchise.

"We're not trying to disrespect any team or show up any team," he said. "We're all professionals. If you take it as disrespectful, then you got to do something about it."

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #384 on: April 13, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »

LOL@ Ray Allen

Lebron is putting even more fun into the NBA, I love it.

I still think he is the best player alive. What he does is just incredible.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #385 on: April 13, 2009, 08:29:20 PM »

LOL@ Ray Allen

Lebron is putting even more fun into the NBA, I love it.

I still think he is the best player alive. What he does is just incredible.
Yeah, Ray is a little more old school.  Which makes me feel real old as I watched him in his UConn Husky days.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #386 on: April 13, 2009, 10:56:07 PM »

Gonna be a fun postseason.

I'm just happy an asteroid didn't hurtle towards Andrew Bynum's Knee during the Memphis game.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #387 on: April 14, 2009, 10:58:05 AM »

I'm just happy an asteroid didn't hurtle towards Andrew Bynum's Knee during the Memphis game.

Eh..just wait.

I have it on good authority that that MON-Stars, from Space Jam, are scoping him out....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #388 on: April 14, 2009, 05:20:14 PM »

Larry Brown talks about Iverson

Larry Brown has heard all the speculation. He's heard everything, from people saying Allen Iverson won't draw a lot of interest as a free agent this summer to Iverson's best bet might be to reunite with Brown in Charlotte. Brown, speaking before his Bobcats lost to the Pistons on Sunday, said he wouldn't bet on either scenario. "There will definitely be a lot of interest in him," Brown said. "It's not a time for me, but Allen is a special guy. He's going to compete every night and try to win. I hope things work out for him." As for whether he wants to coach Iverson again -- they were together for six years in Philadelphia -- he didn't bite on that one.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/98072-larry-brown-talks-about-iverson

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #389 on: April 14, 2009, 07:04:30 PM »

Eh..just wait.

I have it on good authority that that MON-Stars, from Space Jam, are scoping him out....

Or Ray Allen can elbow him in the groin.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2009, 07:14:29 PM »

LETS GO MAVSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #391 on: April 16, 2009, 01:28:39 AM »

LETS GO MAVSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Wow, they actually managed to surge up to the #6 spot.  They definitely have a better chance against an injured San Antonio than LA or Denver, who knows, maybe you'll get a second round series?
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #392 on: April 16, 2009, 03:47:43 AM »

predictions anyone? shall we post them here or make a new thread?
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #393 on: April 16, 2009, 04:13:13 PM »

Now that it looks like KG may not return for the playoffs, I'm definitely going with Cleveland / Orlando for the ECF... LA & Denver look solid for the WCF.

I say with home court advantage, the King gets crowned this year.  Cavs over Lakers  ok
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #394 on: April 16, 2009, 04:16:52 PM »

Denver is losing in the first round probably if Tyson Chandler comes back.

never bet on Denver

Utah are going to pose some problems in round 1. I tell u Utah are still kind of scary even though theyve played like shit towards the end.

I am just pulling for my Mavs against SA

I am telling u this now

we can beat Denver

Throw that 0-4 mark in the regular season out cause Josh Howard missed most of those games. we are a dangerous team with Josh playing well.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #395 on: April 16, 2009, 10:27:59 PM »

I think the C's could still beat Orlando with home court advantage, IF it comes to that.  The Cavs are destined for the finals though.  I may have given the Celtics a fighting chance with KG, but the supporting cast would have to be quite spectacular to overcome that loss.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #396 on: April 18, 2009, 03:58:06 AM »

Utah are going to pose some problems in round 1. I tell u Utah are still kind of scary even though theyve played like shit towards the end.

aside from Williams, Milsap, Korver and Harpring, the Jazz are soft and have NO fucking heart whatsoever...I say this as a Jazz fan, never before have I been so embarrassed by my team...they will get hammered in the first round, no doubt about it.  If they resign Boozer I think I might just lose it...I only hope they can be physical enough to do some sort of damage to Kobe or the Lakers so that the rapist does not get a title this year...
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #397 on: April 18, 2009, 10:05:38 AM »

I only hope they can be physical enough to do some sort of damage to Kobe or the Lakers so that the rapist does not get a title this year...

I've got my popcorn and soda all ready for Kobe's temper tantrum.

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #398 on: April 18, 2009, 12:35:44 PM »

NBA though is about matchups. Remember Dallas against GS when we won 67 games?

If we had played ANYBODY but GS, we would have a ring right now. they just had the one style that we couldnt beat. we were built for SA and got hijacked by GS

This is sort of the same thing.

LA have no body that can deal with Deron Williams
Boozer can do a decent job on Pau Gasol cancelling him out *I hate Boozer also
Okur for Utah if he is healthy can take Bynum away from the basket. U will probably see Bynum on Boozer and Gasol on Okur though.

Nobody can stop Kobe but they do have a nice mix of guys to throw at Kobe.  Ronnie Brewer, Kirilenko

Utah have a very deep front court with Millsap coming in off the bench and Kirilenko off the bench.

Utah are dangerous. I don't think they can win a 7 game series, but LA will get tested.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #399 on: April 18, 2009, 12:46:26 PM »

Utah will fuck us up.  We probably won't lose to them, but we will be damaged.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: