Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:59:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 162927 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #500 on: May 10, 2009, 05:52:57 PM »

a little too late now for the lakers
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #501 on: May 12, 2009, 03:49:26 AM »

so will cavs be bring back the broom for the next round?
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #502 on: May 13, 2009, 02:37:21 AM »

Awesome pics (and seats) Garry. Mine were way higher...

How about them Nuggets? We haven't talked about them much but they are only one win away to reach the West Conference finals. It's amazing how one new player can do for a team. Last year, the got defeated 4-1 against the lakers in round 1. This year, they will probably face the Lakers in the conference final.

What Billup's done for the Nuggest reminds of what Nash accomplished for the Suns. Without Nash, the Suns went from 26-56 to one of the best W-L records one year later. The Suns never made it to the Finals though, but they were strong contenders in the west for at least 3-4 years.

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #503 on: May 13, 2009, 03:04:15 AM »

How about them Nuggets? We haven't talked about them much but they are only one win away to reach the West Conference finals. It's amazing how one new player can do for a team. Last year, the got defeated 4-1 against the lakers in round 1. This year, they will probably face the Lakers in the conference final.

Nuggets got swept last playoffs  ok
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #504 on: May 13, 2009, 12:06:07 PM »

Yep, you are correct. I thought I remembered Denver winning one home game.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #505 on: May 13, 2009, 01:41:42 PM »

Cleveland have the look and heart of a champion. they are mowing their opponents down, playing hard defense and taking no prisoners.
Dude, they played Detroit and Atlanta.  And Detroit quit before the playoffs started. Cleveland might have trouble if they play Boston, because it seems the refs really want Boston to win, letting Rondo do anything he wants, from smacking people in the face to not having to worry about the shot clock. Orlando was robbed of an opportunity to win last night. Just like the Bulls were robbed, and your Mavs were robbed.  Whats going on with the refs?
CheapJon
spam egg spam spam bacon and spam, spam sausage spam spam bacon spam tomato and spam
Legend

lstn mfx 2 diz song dat shud b hurd

« Reply #506 on: May 13, 2009, 03:06:45 PM »

money talks?
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #507 on: May 13, 2009, 04:04:33 PM »

the lakers r playing like cream puffs!!!!I can see their tampon strings from my chair at home!!!very week!

haha very true...but in this watered down NBA cream puffs actually do win championships...and they will.  Lakers/Cavs is inevitable and im not sure if the Cavs are for real yet, as they have played no one in the playoffs and pretty much no one all year in the Eastern Conference.  The one thing I will give the Cavs is they are not squeaking out games against these shit teams like Detroit and Atlanta, they are blowing them out, and thats what really good teams do.  So maybe they are for real..
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #508 on: May 13, 2009, 06:24:40 PM »

Cleveland have the look and heart of a champion. they are mowing their opponents down, playing hard defense and taking no prisoners.
Dude, they played Detroit and Atlanta.  And Detroit quit before the playoffs started. Cleveland might have trouble if they play Boston, because it seems the refs really want Boston to win, letting Rondo do anything he wants, from smacking people in the face to not having to worry about the shot clock. Orlando was robbed of an opportunity to win last night. Just like the Bulls were robbed, and your Mavs were robbed.  Whats going on with the refs?
Oh please, you've obviously been drinking whatever Stan Van Gundy has been drinking blaming the refs for losing that game last night.  The Magic absolutely blew that game.  The Celtics really had no right winning, but the Magic have continually proved that they have no idea how to close teams out.  It happened against Philly and it's happening now.  Only the Celtics are a better team than the 6'ers so they're making them pay a little more.  Any time a team loses in the NBA it's always the refs fault.  I've got news for you.  Refs make mistakes on both sides, they're not perfect.  If you want to cop out and blame the refs for a team losing, that's missing the point.

With that being said, I agree the Cavs really haven't had much of a challenge so far in the playoffs but they're either going to play a severely undermanned Celtics team or a Magic team who severely lacks a killer instinct.  I have a hard time believing either team could take them to the limit.  Maybe steal a game or 2, but they'd still be a HEAVY favorite.

The Celtics have played their hearts out this post-season.  They could've easily packed it in and used the injuries as an excuse but they refuse to quit and are one win away from the Eastern Conference finals.  Before this series with the Magic started I thought they were the better team and would win.  Well, the Magic have shown that they may actually be the better team but as I said before they are inconsistent and lack that killer instinct.  Both Shaq and Dwight Howard have questioned Van Gundy's coaching.  Stan (and some fans) are the only ones blaming the refs.  That's the easy way out.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #509 on: May 13, 2009, 07:10:47 PM »

I said that the magic were robbed of an OPPORTUNITY to win the game.  Rondo shot an airball, plain and simple. Yeah, the Magic deserved to lose by folding at the end of that game. I know refs make mistakes, but that was BLATANT. Just like Rondo getting away with smacking Brad Miller. Both calls affected the outcome of the games. Both were clear and obvious. Refs make mistakes, but its suspect when they blow obvious calls like that.  I like how TNT didnt even show the replay that CLEARLY showed the airball.  They just show the replays over and under the rim.  All I had to do was rewind the game to see it. Again, Im not saying the refs gave the Celtics the game, Im saying they robbed the Magic of a chance.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #510 on: May 13, 2009, 07:24:49 PM »

I said that the magic were robbed of an OPPORTUNITY to win the game.  Rondo shot an airball, plain and simple. Yeah, the Magic deserved to lose by folding at the end of that game. I know refs make mistakes, but that was BLATANT. Just like Rondo getting away with smacking Brad Miller. Both calls affected the outcome of the games. Both were clear and obvious. Refs make mistakes, but its suspect when they blow obvious calls like that.  I like how TNT didnt even show the replay that CLEARLY showed the airball.  They just show the replays over and under the rim.  All I had to do was rewind the game to see it. Again, Im not saying the refs gave the Celtics the game, Im saying they robbed the Magic of a chance.
Apparently I missed that replay that clearly showed the shot as an airball too.  I saw it live and the replays and they all appeared to graze the rim to me.  I don't think "any" angle made it look "clear" but it looked like the ball changed direction to me. 

As for the non-flagrant.  I still disagree that it should have been called.  But Brad Miller blew the free throws anyway.  HE blew the game/opportunity, what have you.  Not the refs.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
crow316
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #511 on: May 13, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »

I don't think "any" angle made it look "clear" but it looked like the ball changed direction to me.
The actual game footage showed the airball clearly.  The refs called it an airball. Then after watching the replays that, at best, didnt give any evidence one way or the other, they changed their call. At no point do any of the replays show the ball change direction. The ball hit the net, causing it to change slightly. You are making excuses for the refs on that one, dude.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #512 on: May 13, 2009, 10:55:06 PM »

I don't think "any" angle made it look "clear" but it looked like the ball changed direction to me.
The actual game footage showed the airball clearly.  The refs called it an airball. Then after watching the replays that, at best, didnt give any evidence one way or the other, they changed their call. At no point do any of the replays show the ball change direction. The ball hit the net, causing it to change slightly. You are making excuses for the refs on that one, dude.

Nope, just calling what I saw.  Granted it was the call I wanted, but by the tone of your post it was the call you didn't want.  So maybe we both have biased views.  Also, I'm pretty sure the refs never watched the replay to overturn the call.  They simply all got together and discussed it, then changed the call.  It was changed WAY too quickly for them to have had time to go the scorer's table and check the replay.  Plus they never mentioned that or showed it on the telecast.  I actually thought they should have checked the replay and that actually probably would've hurt the C's chances because if you use the NFL rule, I don't think there was any evidence in the replay to overturn whatever call they would have made.

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #513 on: May 13, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »

NBA refs are the worst out of all sports.
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #514 on: May 13, 2009, 11:45:32 PM »

beat LA chants  rofl
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #515 on: May 13, 2009, 11:59:04 PM »

beat LA chants  rofl

Real original.

Those were cool, I don't know...in the 80's?
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #516 on: May 15, 2009, 11:41:14 AM »

Laker's get spanked AGAIN by Houston.  WTF??

Did someone forget to tell the Lakers that Yao and McGrady are both out?

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #517 on: May 15, 2009, 04:30:56 PM »

Laker's get spanked AGAIN by Houston.  WTF??

Did someone forget to tell the Lakers that Yao and McGrady are both out?
I thought the Lakers would coast through the West and onto the finals, but I guess I was wrong.  Even if they do get by the undermanned Rockets they've got to face a hot Denver team.  I'd peg the Nuggets as the favorite at this point.

As for the East, game 7 tomorrow.  The Celtics controlled the game last night until the 4th quarter, then the Magic took over when it mattered most.  This series should really be over already, the C's are lucky to still be playing due to Orlando's inability to close out games.  The home court should help Boston, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they lost.  Ray Allen needs to get going.  As great as he was agaisnt the Bulls, he's been equally ineffective in this series.  He missed some key shots in the game last night that could've extended the Boston lead early on and brought the team closer in the 4th.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #518 on: May 17, 2009, 01:47:21 AM »

Cleveland have 2 sweeps

LA struggling against Houston without Yao Ming. I'd include Mcgrady but I think he sucks

how do u win by 40 and then get blown out?

LA just don't have that fire, desire and God Forgive me for this corny shit but eye of the tiger.

They are like the priviledged kids who feel they are entitled a title but they aren 't putting in the work or effort.

Cleveland haven't been challenged really and that is a great testament to their character and their effort.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #519 on: May 17, 2009, 11:10:48 AM »

The Lakers will win handily today.
The Lakers will then edge the Nuggets in the West Championship.
The Lakers will be called "gutsy" as they struggle their way to the Finals...
then they will get their asses handed to them by King James...Cavs in 5 for the Championship.

That's how my brain sees it...my heart wants Carmello to win it all...it would be especially sweet beating Lebron who was drafted ahead of him in the same draft...wishful thinking. Smiley

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: