Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:51:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The 2008/2009 NBA season thread
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The 2008/2009 NBA season thread  (Read 162855 times)
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2009, 04:49:52 AM »

whats wrong with Micky Mouse  Grin I used to have the same Micky Mouse shirt that slash used to wear  smoking I showed it to Garry last time and he asked me if he can keep it  nervous
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2009, 05:44:32 AM »

Slash's micky mouse shirt is cool. Not because it's slash, but because that shirt is cool.

However, the lakers micky mouse shirt looks like something probably children would like to wear. I just can't imagine Garry walking on Sunset Blvd with that shirt..I just can't  hihi

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2009, 06:49:07 AM »

Slash's micky mouse shirt is cool. Not because it's slash, but because that shirt is cool.

However, the lakers micky mouse shirt looks like something probably children would like to wear. I just can't imagine Garry walking on Sunset Blvd with that shirt..I just can't  hihi

I'm a children!

Mentally at least...

I'm off to the parade!  I hope I get a good spot inside the Coliseum.

I'm gonna hold onto my memory card like grim death.  I hope I don't get killed by some lunatic crackhead or bum.

And that's even before I walk across the street to GET to where I need to go.

AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #783 on: June 17, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »

I bought the white shirt with the purple basketball outline and the Mickey shirt at Staples, and the other items I bought at a JC Penney.  I had to go to this God-awful neighborhood called Glendale to find this JC Penney joint. 

Hey, atleast you didn't end up in Vernon instead of Burbank hihi

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #784 on: June 17, 2009, 01:15:23 PM »

Whatever, the refs kept Sacramento alive in game 6.  You gotta start seeing it both ways.

If the NBA gave two shits about the Lakers, we wouldn't be trailing Boston 2-11.  Wake up dude.

or the Celtics were just a way better team back then.  Anyway, today the Lakers are the most valuable francise in the NBA, close to 1 billion dollars I think, and the media, the refs, the league kisses their asses.  I understand this and accept it, but it makes me laugh when a  Laker fan talks about how unfair the NBA is when the Lakers ARE the NBA.  Try following a team in Utah if you want to know what its like to get fucked on foul calls...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #785 on: June 17, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »

Poor babies

Be a fucking Dallas Maverick fan like me and see how it feels to get FUCKED out of an NBA Title.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #786 on: June 17, 2009, 08:04:25 PM »

Paul Pierce's thoughts on the finals, courtesy of twitter.

http://twitter.com/paulpierce34

Lakers vs orlando. Looked like a german sherperd vs a poodle that's ok the rotwieler celtics will b back in 2o10

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #787 on: June 17, 2009, 11:01:32 PM »

In the day and age of Mike Vick, U may want to lay off the dog fighting comparisons Paul.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:23:11 PM by D » Logged

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #788 on: June 17, 2009, 11:05:42 PM »

In the day and age of Mike Vick, U may want to lay off he dog fighting comparisons Paul.

And hire someone to  check his spelling.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 11:27:54 PM by Bank of America's Bankruptcy Papers » Logged
w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2009, 11:18:11 PM »

In the day and age of Mike Vick, U may want to lay off he dog fighting comparisons Paul.

And hire someone to do check his spelling.

confused confused confused confused confused
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2009, 11:30:38 PM »

confused confused confused confused confused

I had originally said, "to do spell-check" but I edited my post and forgot to take out "do."

Please forgive me, master.

BTW, this rally thing was one of the worst experiences of my life!  I will come back and tell you guys about it and post some pictures, but first I need to go to therapy.

South L.A......beautiful neighborhood.  If you guys come out to L.A., you should definitely check it out.
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #791 on: June 17, 2009, 11:32:49 PM »

I think maybe he was going for German Sheep herder

Speaking of the Celtics.  I watched Fox Sports New England Sports Tonight (that's a mouthful) and they had Ian Thomsen from Sports Illustrated on to talk C's.  The crazy Boston sports radio guys came up with a trade proposal and ran it by Ian.  It was Ray Allen, Rondo, Tony Allen, and Scalabrine to the Suns for Stoudamire and Steve Nash.  Stewart said quite quickly that Phoenix wouldn't go for that.  He tried to give some reasons why the Celts might want to trade Rondo or Kendrick Perkins but didn't really think they would or should.  He feels (and I agree) that they should just stand pat and try to win it all next year before the window closes in 2010.  He feels by that time Cleveland will be the team to beat.  They almost were this year, at least until they were exposed in the playoffs.  But by 2010 he thinks they'll re-sign Lebron and get him some serious help in free agency like a Joe Johnson or someone at that level and at that point they'd be THE elite team, hands down.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #792 on: June 18, 2009, 12:00:22 AM »

worst thing Boston could do is panic and do something stupid.

They win the title if KG doesn't go down, I believe that and with Glen Davis and Leon Powe growing up, they are fine.

They took Orlando to 7 games without KG.

Rondo is not only a good PG but is a great defensive player. Nash I love but his D is horrible. Amare wants to be the man and with Pierce and KG...... I just don't think he fits into that puzzle.

Boston are such a great team, they will be able to get someone to come in there for the midlevel exception. Maybe a Rasheed Wallace or something.

faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #793 on: June 18, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »

I think Danny just likes making noise and staying busy.  The C's are without a 1st round pick this year due to the KG trade so he's probably real bored.  I just hope he doesn't get too bored and make a move just to grab some headlines.  I agree, they're fine for next year.  No need to do any major tweaking if you have a legit shot at a championship as currently constructed.

Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #794 on: June 19, 2009, 07:35:50 AM »

Poor babies

Be a fucking Dallas Maverick fan like me and see how it feels to get FUCKED out of an NBA Title.

I don't remember Dallas getting fucked out of that title as much as I remember Dwayne Wade putting on one of if not the greatest Finals performances ever...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #795 on: June 19, 2009, 11:39:21 AM »

Wade shot 18Ft's per game.

Just breathed on him and he'd get calls.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #796 on: June 19, 2009, 12:28:24 PM »

3 of the last 4 games in that NBA Finals were decided by 3 points or less... Wade was awesome, I don't think Dallas got fucked.  If anything they got fucked the following year.... by Don Nelson!
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #797 on: June 19, 2009, 01:21:11 PM »

Wade shot 18Ft's per game.

Just breathed on him and he'd get calls.

come on, Kobe Bryant wasn't playing..they had to send SOMEONE to the free throw line... hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #798 on: June 23, 2009, 01:34:28 PM »

More Celtics rumors.  Supposedly the Pistons shot this proposal down right away, and I think I'm happy for that.  I don't think I like the deal.  Although we'd be trading one UConn Husky for another, but Rondo for Prince/Stuckey?  I don't like that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=At6oaahTxuez5ww6M5W92aI5nYcB?slug=aw-celticspistons062209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

The Boston Celtics appear willing to make major roster changes to balance a chance for a championship run and future financial flexibility.

The Celtics offered Ray Allen(notes) and Rajon Rondo(notes) to the Detroit Pistons for a package that included Richard Hamilton(notes), Tayshaun Prince(notes) and Rodney Stuckey(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Boston general manager Danny Ainge and Detroit?s Joe Dumars never spoke, but rather the Celtics had a lower-level executive make the pitch to a Pistons official over the past weekend, league sources said. Detroit immediately rejected the idea, and it never advanced to the two top executives speaking about particulars.

This isn?t an uncommon occurrence for a GM like Ainge to dispatch an underling to make that kind of a call, if for no other reason to give the top executive some level of deniability that he?s shopping his stars.

This isn?t the first time that Allen, a six-time All-Star, has been mentioned in trade talks this summer. Allen, who will soon turn 34, has an expiring contract of nearly $20 million, for next season. Rondo, 24, a rapidly developing point guard, has been publically termed off-limits by Ainge in trade discussion this summer. Nevertheless, his name found a way into this conversation. Rondo averaged 11.9 points, 8.2 assists and 5.2 rebounds in the regular season, and had three triple-doubles in the Celtics? playoff run this season.

Boston is unlikely to re-sign Allen to a long-term extension next summer, and there is belief around the league that the Celtics have hesitancy about committing a long-term, expensive contract to Rondo.

There has been some friction with Rondo, largely based on maturity. No issues with him are insurmountable, but Ainge has never minded shopping ideas around the league. Nevertheless, it?s hard to imagine a deal that Boston could do with these two players that would give them a chance to stay a championship contender around Kevin Garnett(notes) and Paul Pierce(notes).

For the Pistons, this deal makes little sense, unless they wanted to let Allen?s expiring deal gain even more salary cap space for the free-agent class of 2010. The idea of trading his three best returners for an expiring contract and one good young player wasn?t worth considering for Dumars, sources said.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #799 on: June 23, 2009, 06:55:46 PM »

I think trading Ray Allen would be a great idea, but Rondo has to be untouchable.

wish Dallas would trade J Kidd and J Howard for Rondo and Allen, maybe Kendrick Perkins

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 47 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: