Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:09:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  With the release=albums sold thread...
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: With the release=albums sold thread...  (Read 9617 times)
wight gunner
VIP

"Paranoia is just another type of awareness"

« Reply #40 on: October 19, 2008, 05:15:28 AM »

First things first, i hate Metallica, & love Gnr so im not being biased but how can you ppl say "CD will DOUBLE sales of death magnetic" metallica is outdated.
GNR has not released a cd of original material since 1991. since then, Metallica has released numorus albums, staying in the spotlight.
some ppl on these boards just don't have their head on their shoulder and think that just cuz they love GNR means the album will go f**king triple platinum in 12 hours.
Get real people. I love GNR, but what have they done in 15 year to stay in the public eye? NOTHING

Oh please. They've had huge news coverage everytime a little bit of info comes out. Even the last tour showed us there is still massive interest in Guns N' Roses.
Metallica has slowly but surely become a joke. Yes, they've released "numerous albums and stayed in the spotlight" which has essentially made them corny and boring.
Sure they are still popular, but it's nothing compared to the hype train of Chinese Democracy which has steadily gone on now for fifteen years.

Metallica only had their fans getting the album, Guns N' Roses have a bigger than expected "fanbase" and a huge crowd of potential curiouse buyers.

What have they done for the last 15 years? They've made the album for 15 years(not really), which is probably the best advertising you could ever have.

AGREED!

There's something to be said for over producing material on an a regular basis, are they better because they do? Sure they keep the fans contented but could they do better? I agree the fact they keep their fans in the loop? but does that make them better, somehow I doubt it.

When you get albums such as St Anger, the wait for a better album by far justifies the wait ten fold. Axl has integraty to produce his best possible work, that in his case takes time. He's an artist, some others take their time to get it right, Brian Wilson in point they believe that their name has to go with quality not the ever running production line of get work out for the sake of it.

I don't believe that there will be a huge wait for CD2 to come out, why CD2? because many of the songs on the next album will have been written and to a large degree nearing completion during this time, who knows there could even be a CD3 too. Will the press say in a few years time, that 15 years or whatever was put to great use, giving the fans three quality albums in a row? somehow I doubt it.

Anybody in product development the first product takes all the time, the mistakes, the direction you want to go and the construction are being developed all the while, then only can there be a product worth releasing be done.

Hobos are people who move around looking for work, tramps are people who move around but don't look for work, and bums are people who don't move and don't work. I've been all three. -Seasick Steve
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #41 on: October 19, 2008, 05:22:39 AM »

First things first, i hate Metallica, & love Gnr so im not being biased but how can you ppl say "CD will DOUBLE sales of death magnetic" metallica is outdated.
GNR has not released a cd of original material since 1991. since then, Metallica has released numorus albums, staying in the spotlight.
some ppl on these boards just don't have their head on their shoulder and think that just cuz they love GNR means the album will go f**king triple platinum in 12 hours.
Get real people. I love GNR, but what have they done in 15 year to stay in the public eye? NOTHING

Oh please. They've had huge news coverage everytime a little bit of info comes out. Even the last tour showed us there is still massive interest in Guns N' Roses.
Metallica has slowly but surely become a joke. Yes, they've released "numerous albums and stayed in the spotlight" which has essentially made them corny and boring.
Sure they are still popular, but it's nothing compared to the hype train of Chinese Democracy which has steadily gone on now for fifteen years.

Metallica only had their fans getting the album, Guns N' Roses have a bigger than expected "fanbase" and a huge crowd of potential curiouse buyers.

What have they done for the last 15 years? They've made the album for 15 years(not really), which is probably the best advertising you could ever have.

AGREED!

There's something to be said for over producing material on an a regular basis, are they better because they do? Sure they keep the fans contented but could they do better? I agree the fact they keep their fans in the loop? but does that make them better, somehow I doubt it.

When you get albums such as St Anger, the wait for a better album by far justifies the wait ten fold. Axl has integraty to produce his best possible work, that in his case takes time. He's an artist, some others take their time to get it right, Brian Wilson in point they believe that their name has to go with quality not the ever running production line of get work out for the sake of it.

I don't believe that there will be a huge wait for CD2 to come out, why CD2? because many of the songs on the next album will have been written and to a large degree nearing completion during this time, who knows there could even be a CD3 too. Will the press say in a few years time, that 15 years or whatever was put to great use, giving the fans three quality albums in a row? somehow I doubt it.

Anybody in product development the first product takes all the time, the mistakes, the direction you want to go and the construction are being developed all the while, then only can there be a product worth releasing be done.

I've been saying since I joined the forums...

Quality > Quantity

It took Metallica three rather lousy original albums to figure out how to make a good one again.

Because once you put something out, you can't "take it back."
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #42 on: October 19, 2008, 05:33:55 AM »

Aint that the truth!

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2008, 12:20:24 PM »

GNR need promotion, that's all. I think that CD will be much more better album than Death Magnetic, so why it can't outsell DM? If there will be really proper promotion, CD will be succesfull.
duga
VIP

If you're not a rock star - at least act like one

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2008, 01:19:39 PM »

GNR need promotion, that's all. I think that CD will be much more better album than Death Magnetic, so why it can't outsell DM? If there will be really proper promotion, CD will be succesfull.

One thing for sure: the mixing/mastering cannot be worse than Death Magnetic.

Stockholm 2006, Oslo 2010, Maryland 2016, Stockholm 2017, Gothenburg 2018

Power to the people, peace out and blame Canada
gcluskey
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2008, 09:23:32 PM »

Lots of people are going to pick up this album...the whole thing about GnR is its such a strong brand name and even non fans that will still have a fondness for old GnR tunes, will want to buy it even if its just out of curiosity. Plus all us fans who are talking about buying 4 copies... Its gonna be a huge hit!

With your piss flaps flappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nuthin' done...
GNRreunioneventually
Legend

Her-Bert baybay

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2008, 09:42:16 PM »

i think that it will go atleast 3x platnium if not more but if it could just debut above britney and kanye (however the fuck its spelled) i will rejoice and LOL rofl

PS
FUCK MTV *gives finger

peace

GNRreunioneventually

Called it Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: