Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 03:50:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: new single monday?? - Confirmed, "Better" debuts today 11/17  (Read 69343 times)
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2008, 09:47:52 PM »

Strange that prior to 22nd there was official news, web ads, and all kind of hoopla...and now suddenly K-rock is the only station in the country to have a 'new single' for the band that is at least top 10 in every major market rock format?  Which DJ?  When was this claim made (is it available on streamcast)?  Anyone e-mail the DJ/station yet?  Why the K-rock exclusive?  A weekend fill in gets to make a major announcement for the weekday shows - with nothing on website?

Strange that these rumors always fly on the weekend, when there is nobody around to confirm/deny them.  I hope its true, but I have to believe it is bullshit.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
King Axl
Rocker

4/14/2012. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2008, 10:28:48 PM »

I suspect that by 11/20, most rock stations will have the entire album, and therefore will choose to play what they please.

WAAF in Boston has been very good about playing up to six songs from a new record-that's exactly what they did with the new Metallica and AC/DC records upon receiving the respective albums.

"Something, something, something, DARK SIDE. Something, something, something, COMPLETE".
Journeyman
VIP

Not like you, unlike me...

« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2008, 12:32:31 AM »

Smart move Azoff this song will make everyone a fan ! Better will be the best track on Chinese Democracy. 

I really doubt Azoff has any word on the single selection. Normally, this would be the label's decission.

i think you are right. In most cases, its the label calling the shots along with the band (whent its a big band)

2/7/92 -  Alvalade, Portugal
27/5/06 - RIR, Portugal
30/7/06 - Wembley Arena, London
6/10/10 - Meo Arena, Portugal
7/5/16 - AXL/DC Algés, Portugal
2/6/17 - Algés, Portugal
5/6/22 - Algés, Portug
jazjme
Can't get over the past? Let me be your guide!
Legend

...ABSURD!!

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2008, 01:20:18 AM »

I can only think if this is TRUE< is maybe because that the first listening party to happen is in NYC, Monday night, Im goin, who knows may be they will have a vid for it, Im just speculating.

10.16.87 10.23.87 10.30.87 1.31.88 2.2.88 5.9.88 8.16.88 9.15.88
6.17.91 12.9.91 12.10.91,12.13.91
7.18.92 12.5.02 5.12.06 5.14.06 5.15.06 5.17.06 11.17.11 2.10.12 2.15.12
11.9.12 11.10.12 5.24.14
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2008, 11:23:36 AM »

I can only think if this is TRUE< is maybe because that the first listening party to happen is in NYC, Monday night, Im goin, who knows may be they will have a vid for it, Im just speculating.
That's a good point.  Is K-Rock involved in the listening party in any way?  Maybe they'll use that as promotion for the event.  Play a NEW song on Monday to entice people to go to the listening party later that night.  That sounds logical to me.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2008, 11:56:50 AM »

I just called Krock and asked the DJ if "Better" is going to be the next single or if its just a rumor.....he says......

They will be debuting it tomorrow!....

I think his name is Aussie Dave. Hes going to be at the listening party, as well as Krock.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:58:58 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
uzisuicide2002
VIP

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE!?!?!?!

« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2008, 12:37:42 PM »

I will call 94whjy Providence in the morning at work if i can. I did it the day CD came out and they didn't even know it. 10mins later it was on. So it there is a single or they get the album i'll find out monday on the Paul & Al show. Go to whjy.com monday morning to find out whats going on.  beer

GN'R Boston 02
GN'R NYC 06
GN'R Mass 06
GN'R NJ 11
VR Mass 05
GN'R Foxboro 16
GN'R Boston 17
VR Mass 07
Slash Boston 10
Steven Adler NYC 11
Slash Foxwoods 14
Slash Providence 15
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2008, 12:59:44 PM »

i don't know the name of the dj. it was some dude with a british/australian (not sure which) accent. but they do seem to be saying "krock presents, chinese democracy listening party) and they've been giving away free tickets every couple of hours or so.

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2008, 01:23:22 PM »

from another forum:

Quote from: axlnyc @ cd.com
I just heard another DJ on krock say they;ll be playing Better on Monday at 11 am, 2 pm, 5 pm and 8 pm.
If you can get a live stream go to www.923krock.com !!!

Smiley

v.. .
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2008, 01:26:13 PM »

I just called Krock and asked the DJ if "Better" is going to be the next single or if its just a rumor.....he says......

I think his name is Aussie Dave. Hes going to be at the listening party, as well as Krock.

Wow. Good ther hear. Guess I'll be up bright and early tomorrow to see if anyone's playing it and streaming.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
reed2009
Headliner

« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2008, 01:50:58 PM »

yessssssssssssss Grin

scraped
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2008, 02:07:39 PM »

I wonder if it's exclusive to K-Rock, or possibly a station in Dallas or Chicago to help promote the listening parties tomorrow night.  Or if it's a worldwide thing?  Seems only K-Rock is mentioning it.  Any word from any of the other cities having the listening parties?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Chief
Legend

« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2008, 02:08:01 PM »

if true that is some kickass news!!!!

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 16, 2008, 03:41:47 PM »

Indeed.  And it's about damn time, too.   "Better" is surely the song from CD that will turn more people on to the album, and GN'R in general, than any other.  Here's hoping...
prairie
Headliner

www.gnrtv.com - All GNR, all the time.

« Reply #54 on: November 16, 2008, 04:35:31 PM »

FYI - FMQB has no new GNR single listed.  FMQB is how we found out Chin Dem was going to be on the radio.

http://fmqb.com/article.asp?id=16697

prairieboy,

At www.gnrtv.com, it's all GNR videos, all the time.  Plus a few other goodies.

I'm not interested in petty online fights with strangers.  I'm here for fun, if my post has upset you - Sorry.
gnrjanus
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #55 on: November 16, 2008, 05:39:35 PM »

There is a new single.
It's better that's obvious today.
tomorrow will have confirmation. period.
Olorin
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2008, 06:40:24 PM »

No word on this? Lots of rumours circulating saying that radio stations are confirming that Better will hit the airways tomorrow.

I think that would shift quite a few extra copies of the album next week, 9 out of 10 cats love that song on first listen. Its much more radio freindly than CD, as successfull as that has been, Better will take the album launch up another notch in its final week of promotion.

The radio jocks will actually looking for an excuse to play it, rather than being prompted by phone ins -  as it is just so enjoyable and darn tooting good.
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »

Thats awesome.  I was in the car all day today listening to 92.3 krock, and they've been promoting the hell out of the listening party today with contests and the "Bararck" blocks, playing lots of GN'R.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
BatVin
Opening Act

« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2008, 06:53:24 PM »

If is better coming tomorrow, I hope next single will be This I Love  along with CD release. (I know, only week for single like better is not enough, but Chinese Democracy need to sale well...and that is what TIL is gonna do. Maybe there is still no promotion, becouse CD will sell good first week well anyway. But then, there will be need to something like This I Love- song which could be good also on non-rock radio stations.)
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2008, 08:47:57 PM »

So is it true or not?  Anybody figure anything out?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: