Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 07:16:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227942 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 42824 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 06:32:52 PM »

Fuck Dr Pepper, they tried to mock Axl and he gave them a big shitburger to eat. they promised free DR pepper to EVERY American.

Not just a 2 day thing where their website was fucked for the majority.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 06:35:38 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES Vs. DR PEPPER: Complete Letter Available - Nov. 26, 2008

BLABBERMOUTH.NET has obtained a copy of the entire three-page letter (see below) that was sent by GUNS N' ROSES' and Axl Rose's lawyer to Dr Pepper, accusing the soda maker of failing to deliver on its "Chinese Democracy" free soda promotion, which the band was never involved in.

Here: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=109700

That was an interesting read.  The possibility of consumer litigation had not even occurred to me, they seem like they mean business.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Crowebar
Sir Puke-a-Lot
VIP

« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 07:57:47 PM »

Sorry but, Dr. Fucking Pepper renegged on their promise. That's the truth. They did say "everyone in America" didn't they?? That's what I thought. Stop busting Axls bag man. This is just fucking pathetic now. They did use the dude. No matter what you think.
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 08:03:02 PM »

Honestly I have very little sympathy for giant corporations to begin with. These guys are swimming in tons of money. If they're going to talk shit about giving every person in the US a free beverage, I think they can bear to deliver on that.

I'd do the same thing if I were Axl. The fact is these guys initially only offered the deal for 24 hours to begin with. It's just a cop-out. They're shitting out on their promise when they have no right to, and by proxy they're potentially shitting up the GN'R name. No sympathy here.

But hey, I guess that makes me an attention whore. I must just be in it for the money.

Seriously. I don't get you guys. Axl steps up to call these people out on not delivering on their word, and you all bash him? The logic here completely escapes me.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:06:16 PM by Frequent Flyer » Logged
Lucky
Legend

There are no tuesdays left in 2006 and/or 2007!!!

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 08:05:43 PM »

didnt Axl respond to one of the Dr Peppers remarks?

They could make a counteraction and sue them for using the fame of Pepper?!

typical fan talkin about reunion:  http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/axG5B52_460s.jpg
riotact_vancity
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 08:14:00 PM »

Honestly I have very little sympathy for giant corporations to begin with. These guys are swimming in tons of money. If they're going to talk shit about giving every person in the US a free beverage, I think they can bear to deliver on that.

I'd do the same thing if I were Axl. The fact is these guys initially only offered the deal for 24 hours to begin with. It's just a cop-out. They're shitting out on their promise when they have no right to, and by proxy they're potentially shitting up the GN'R name. No sympathy here.

But hey, I guess that makes me an attention whore. I must just be in it for the money.

Seriously. I don't get you guys. Axl steps up to call these people out on not delivering on their word, and you all bash him? The logic here completely escapes me.

maybe if he'd step up and announce to the fans that, yes, he's aware the album has actually been released....or explain what the behind the scenes movement has been which is causing him to stay quiet.

again, we're bearing the burden. We funded his continued recording with the 2002 and 2006 Chinese Democracy world tours, and if i'm not mistaken he doesnt thank us fans in the booklet (i didnt read his line for line, but it didnt jump out) and now we're funding the record company washing its hands of Axl.

Anyone that cant see there's something seriously wrong with this situation (meaning everything involving the release that has so far happened, or not happened)shouldnt be operating heavy machinery...
Leddy
Rocker

Asphinctersayswhat?

« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 08:37:41 PM »

"Dr. Pepper didn't define 'everyone in America' the way 'everyone in America' defines 'everyone in America."

Gotta give it to Axl's lawyer, he has a way with words  hihi 

I guess if you give shit-loads of people the impression you are running a promotion with a band (that you never approached prior to offering it), then screw that promotion up, you shouldn't be surprised if the band consider this defamation.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 08:51:42 PM »

March 26, 2008

Press Release from Axl Regarding Dr Pepper

We are surprised and very happy to have the support of Dr Pepper with our album "Chinese Democracy," as for us, this came totally out of the blue. If there is any involvement with this promotion by our record company or others, we are unaware of such at this time. And as some of Buckethead's performances are on our album, I'll share my Dr Pepper with him.

Axl Rose

http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080326&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

It is a 50 cent can of Soda. They extended the offer and gave out an 800 number for people to call. Funny how we haven't heard from Axl but he has time to authorize his lawyers to do this.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:55:52 PM by RancidPunx » Logged

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 09:15:54 PM »

How exactly did Dr. Pepper mock Axl? 

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Wheres Izzy
I smoke my cigarette with style
VIP

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 09:28:06 PM »

How exactly did Dr. Pepper mock Axl? 

Well I think it was a "if this or that happens I'll eat my hat" type statement to begin with. I don't think they had any inside info that would lead them to believe this year would be any different than any before it and they probably the album would sit for at least the rest of the year.

That being said fuck them cause I didn't even know about the online registration thing until two days after it was over.

Can you imagine, for a second, doing
anything just 'cuz you want to?
Well, that's just what I do so hooray for me and fuck you
14 Yrs Of Silence
VIP

AXL SLASH DUFF = GOAT

« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 09:33:31 PM »

To me it would have been fine for a statement or letter or whatever to come out and express dissappointment and request that they extend the offer.  However, threatening a lawsuit and demanding compensation does not seem warranted in my opinion.  Had they not been happy with the association they should have expressed this in March when the offer was made.

I have something I want to do with Guns N' Roses...That can be a long career or it can be a short explosive career-as long as it gets out in a big way. - Axl Rose 7/6/86
Chief
Legend

« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 09:33:37 PM »

I don't think this whole thing is a big deal at all really, it's being way overblown.  Dr. Pepper tried to do a promo thing, then realized they were going to be overwhelmed... free deals like this never work out easily.

"That game was gay on gay violence!"

Visit my GNR site Welcome to the Jungle:
http://qfg2.info/gnr.html
gnrforever666
Headliner

You Could Be Mine!

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »

I signed up for DR Pepper on Monday Night.

GNRForever666
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/27/arts/music/27pepp.html

When asked about the letter, Dr Pepper said in a statement that the company took ?great steps? to accommodate the online requests from consumers.

?This was one of the largest responses we have ever received for a giveaway,? the statement said, ?and we?re happy we were able to satisfy the thirst of so many Dr Pepper fans.?

A spokesman said it was not known how many free sodas were given away on Sunday and Monday.

Mr. Rose?s representatives said that they tried to collaborate with Dr Pepper on the best way to distribute the soda, but that negotiations broke down.

?We had made an effort to turn this into a win-win-win ? for the American public, Dr Pepper and Axl,? said Laurie Soriano, one of Mr. Rose?s lawyers. ?But Dr Pepper?s view was just that Dr Pepper would win.?

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
western_chaos
Rocker

The Adrenaline Runs Through My Veins.

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 11:00:27 PM »

Maybe Dr. Pepper thought Axl Rose would never release it lol. I was suprised myself.

I'm glad Axl took action on this though.

My New Social Network Is Here:

http://writersparadise.ning.com/
Jeramy
Rocker

« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2008, 01:05:03 AM »

yea,  i saw this coming the other day... when i couldn't get my free drink.  i believe the only reason dr. pepper even attempted the whole online registration thing (knowing the demand would be too much and crash the site) was to get out as cheap as possible and attempt to avoid any legal trouble with the band by making it seem like they were honoring their deal

they knew exactly what the result would be

"He's in my band, that's where Slash is, fuckhead. Go home!"
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2008, 01:10:27 AM »

didnt Axl respond to one of the Dr Peppers remarks?

They could make a counteraction and sue them for using the fame of Pepper?!

Yes

Ummm no... Dr Pepper thing come totally outta the blue by a fan, that happens to work for Dr Pepper.  Guns and their record label were not apart of it.  Needless to say that Dr Pepper should be alittle prepared.  They basically used the name and Axl for free publicity, Then when everyone in america get's a free Dr. Pepper and they call and get " OH ITS ONLY ONE PER HOUSEHOLD" BULLSHIT that's not what was advertised.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 01:12:27 AM by GNR4L » Logged

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2008, 01:24:21 AM »

yea,  i saw this coming the other day... when i couldn't get my free drink.  i believe the only reason dr. pepper even attempted the whole online registration thing (knowing the demand would be too much and crash the site) was to get out as cheap as possible and attempt to avoid any legal trouble with the band by making it seem like they were honoring their deal

they knew exactly what the result would be

It is a 50 cent can of pop. I find it hard to take a poster seriously who refers to VR as Homo Rock. You know that 2 of those "homos" helped to build GNR right? Of course, dissing them clearly makes you a bigger GNR fan right  Roll Eyes

They extended the offer and gave out an 800 number. What the fuck do you want them to do? Knock on every door and hand deliver a can of pop. The line in the GNR letter about this  taking away from the release date is laughable. So you are gonna let a 50 cent can of pop take away from the enjoyment of ChiDem? Please.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
Pine Barrens
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2008, 01:48:18 AM »

I don't believe Dr. Pepper were mocking GN'R in any way. Axl sure didn't seem to think so at the time he released a statement regarding Dr. Pepper's promise.

However, they kind of did fuck it up when it came time to deliver. First, who in their right mind thought it would be a good idea to get as many americans as possible to log on to their website on the same day? Of course your servers will crash, that is a given. Second, the "every American" statement was a lie. If you're under 13 years of age, you parent will have to use their name and address in order to get you a coupon, and since it's one per American, that uses up their own coupon.

So they probably should have thought this through a little bit more.
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2008, 01:59:20 AM »

The issue isn't Pepper making fun of Axl, Chinese Democracy, or the band.  It's failure to deliver its promise in a really unprofessional way.  You can't say as a business were going to give away free stuff if a certain event happens and then just do a half ass job when its time to pay up.  It's called false advertising.  let's say I run a coffee stand and I say if you buy one free mocha you can get a second one free (with coupon), so say a couple pulls up to the stand and they order both each a mocha. They ask for a free coupon and I go oh well its only one per vehicle !!! see the diffrence ? Dr Pepper said everyone in america gets a free Dr Pepper not just GnR fans.  Like how they made the 1 per household excuse, just like I showed that analogy in the coffee stand. 

As a business you cannot get away with that stuff.  That's if you wanna keep your business.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: