Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 11:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228063 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Dr Pepper bitchslapped
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Dr Pepper bitchslapped  (Read 43448 times)
m_rated96
Rocker

slash slash slash

« Reply #60 on: November 27, 2008, 08:25:59 AM »

Dr Pepper got owned! they tried to make a joke about Chi-Dem and it actually came out! LOL sucked in
The Catcher
VIP

Axl Rose Forever

« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2008, 08:27:46 AM »

Dr Pepper got owned! they tried to make a joke about Chi-Dem and it actually came out! LOL sucked in

pwnage. smoking

"Ask yourself why I would choose to prostitute myself to live with fortune and shame"

"So they convince you no one can break through"

GN'R 2010!!!
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2008, 08:30:38 AM »

huge media coverage for brand awareness
at my work, we spent 3 millions euros last year on brand awareness alone.
next gn'r CD you'll get a free masacara from my brand Wink

bazgnr
Legend

« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2008, 08:59:50 AM »

Personally, I think the whole thing is a bit sad, and not at all what I was expecting.  From "GNR release Democracy" to "No Chinese Democracy Buzz at Best Buy" to "GNR demands apology from Dr. Pepper," I have to say I was hoping for headlines that reflect a more positive outlook on the album and sales, rather than the band suing someone, Best Buy dropping the ball, etc.

And the album going platinum in Finland doesn't count.    hihi

Seriously, I don't blame the band at all, and Dr. Pepper was stupid for making a claim they couldn't back up, but still.   Not the type of news or publicity I was hoping for at such an awesome time in GNR history, you know?
gunns1
Legend

I am the Soul Monster of HTGTH

« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2008, 09:01:45 AM »

Thats what they get for thinking they will cash in on chinese democracy and gnr.

'Awesome! The due is a sick guitar player!!! He's the real deal... and you don't come by the real deal very often.
Oasis1
Banned
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2008, 09:28:57 AM »

This whole fiasco is all over the radio here in Canada....it's great because all of the stations I've heard mention this story support Guns n' Roses, and are pretty much saying that Dr. Pepper shouldn't have opened their mouths if they couldn't produce.
Annie
« Reply #66 on: November 27, 2008, 09:39:57 AM »

Good for the lawyers on this one. The promotion should have lasted for longer than a day. 300 million people can't register in 1 day.
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #67 on: November 27, 2008, 09:46:18 AM »

no  This whole thing is pretty ridiculous really.  Why doesn't Axl just come out of hiding already and make himself look good instead of sicking his hounds on others and accusing them of making him look bad?  rant  I understand asking them to make good on their promise, but really ...  
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #68 on: November 27, 2008, 09:55:38 AM »

I don't understand why they didn't pick a better statagy, something as simple as a coupon available at a grocery chain, or even at BB for that matter, whatever it may be it is not like they didn't have enough time to figure this out.  What were they thinking? On a serious note, the non fans could probably care less, but those of us who are strong supporters of the band, well it is a small part of this long awaited release made big for those of us who give a shit, and we would all like to collect on a promise made, as said above it is sad it has come to this and that Axl has to deal with yet another lawsuit, on his glory day.  Face it Dr Pepper you have spoiled everyones fun. Roll Eyes

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »

Man some of you are really drinking the kool aid. This ruined ChiDems realease for you? Are you fucking kidding me? We wait ten years and FINALLY get the album and anyone is concerned with a free 50 cent can of pop? I could see outrage if they promised free cars but a free pop? Wow.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
*Hell "Freud" might say that's what I need*
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2008, 10:23:28 AM »

Well since we must be the vocal fans, you tell me, Did the Dr.Pepper offer ruin the ChiDem release day for you?
?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/inde...er-soda-fiasco/

Can anyone here tell me this ruined the release of ChiDem for them?
Well I -was- planning on taking a drive with the album while sipping my free Doc Pep, to really "drink in" the full experience of the album's release, but the latter part obviously fell through. Totally ruined it for me.

Dr. Pepper!

I hope this is sarcasm but since one guy on here is claiming it prevented his buddys from buying the album, I guess ya never know.

Fernando-Remember when you said you would swap your side stage view of the band for my pit view?Well, I do and I am holding you to it in 09!
Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2008, 10:25:57 AM »

Well since we must be the vocal fans, you tell me, Did the Dr.Pepper offer ruin the ChiDem release day for you?
?The redemption scheme your company clumsily implemented for this offer was an unmitigated disaster which defrauded consumers and, in the eyes of vocal fans, ?ruined? the day of Chinese Democracy?s release?.

Well I -was- planning on taking a drive with the album while sipping my free Doc Pep, to really "drink in" the full experience of the album's release, but the latter part obviously fell through. Totally ruined it for me.

Dr. Pepper!

I hope this is sarcasm but since one guy on here is claiming it prevented his buddys from buying the album, I guess ya never know.
It is
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2008, 10:26:26 AM »

I don't understand why they didn't pick a better statagy, something as simple as a coupon available at a grocery chain, or even at BB for that matter, whatever it may be it is not like they didn't have enough time to figure this out.  What were they thinking? On a serious note, the non fans could probably care less, but those of us who are strong supporters of the band, well it is a small part of this long awaited release made big for those of us who give a shit, and we would all like to collect on a promise made, as said above it is sad it has come to this and that Axl has to deal with yet another lawsuit, on his glory day.  Face it Dr Pepper you have spoiled everyones fun. Roll Eyes

It's a 50 cent can of pop. They said in advance that people would have to mail in for the coupon. They extended the offer and gave out an 800 number. What else should they have done? Hand delivered it? For fucks sake, it's a can of pop. Anyone who can afford ten bucks for a CD can go get themselves a can of pop.

RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »

Dr. Pepper!

It is

Have you read some of the replies on here? I guess they feel compelled to agree with Axl's lawyers that this promotion ruined the ChiDem release date for some fans.  I can't believe this. I don't give a shit what Dr.Pepper did that day, nothing was gonna take away from my enjoyment of CD.

Frequent Flyer
Headliner

« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2008, 10:34:12 AM »

Dr. Pepper!

It is

Have you read some of the replies on here? I guess they feel compelled to agree with Axl's lawyers that this promotion ruined the ChiDem release date for some fans.  I can't believe this. I don't give a shit what Dr.Pepper did that day, nothing was gonna take away from my enjoyment of CD.
Nonetheless, like I said earlier, Dr. Pepper ultimately failed to deliver on its word and pretty much copped out. If they're going to attach GN'R's name to a half-hearted, mishandled campaign that they weren't prepared to back up, then I don't blame them for retaliating. I'd do the same. I'd call them out on it.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #75 on: November 27, 2008, 10:39:48 AM »

Dr. Pepper!

It is

Nonetheless, like I said earlier, Dr. Pepper ultimately failed to deliver on its word and pretty much copped out. If they're going to attach GN'R's name to a half-hearted, mishandled campaign that they weren't prepared to back up, then I don't blame them for retaliating. I'd do the same. I'd call them out on it.

Even if Pepper guaranteed everyone would get one, it makes no difference. It's still constitutes a gift. You did not suffer a loss as a result of Dr Pepper not following through. Axl nor the general public gave up anything of value in exchange for the Dr Peppers, thus no consideration was given. The Peppers were promised as gifts. A lawsuit would get thrown out of court because promises made for gifts are not enforceable. end of story.

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #76 on: November 27, 2008, 11:08:02 AM »

yeah, okay man.  companies should just be allowed to break promises to fans and fail to deliver when they say they will.  yeah, that should just be acceptable.  as a fan of gnr, i don't think they should be allowed to get my hopes up and then fail to give me what i expect.  or make me wait longer than i should have.  if you think companies should have the right to treat fans that way, then bend over and let yourself keep getting fucked by dr. pepper.  but if you're ready to stand up for honesty and integrity, then you'll support axl.  but why am i not surprised to see haters trying to spin this?

simple fact:  23rd was about chinese demcoracy and dr. pepper.  the country had its hopes up and was very excited.  axl delivered on his end -- brilliantly well i should add.  but dr. pepper dropped the ball.  now axl's holding them accountable for all the shit they caused in fans lives.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #77 on: November 27, 2008, 11:16:52 AM »

yeah, okay man.  companies should just be allowed to break promises to fans and fail to deliver when they say they will.  yeah, that should just be acceptable.  as a fan of gnr, i don't think they should be allowed to get my hopes up and then fail to give me what i expect.  or make me wait longer than i should have.  if you think companies should have the right to treat fans that way, then bend over and let yourself keep getting fucked by dr. pepper.  but if you're ready to stand up for honesty and integrity, then you'll support axl.  but why am i not surprised to see haters trying to spin this?

simple fact:  23rd was about chinese demcoracy and dr. pepper.  the country had its hopes up and was very excited.  axl delivered on his end -- brilliantly well i should add.  but dr. pepper dropped the ball.  now axl's holding them accountable for all the shit they caused in fans lives.

Are you high? The economy is in piss poor shape, you really think the average American gives a flying fuck about a free can of Dr.Pepper? The country had it's hopes up over a fucking can of pop?-That may be funniest thing I have ever read on here.

"Honey, you know I think we might lose the house"

"Dear, I don't have time to worry about that, I gotta log on for my free Dr. Pepper"

Read my post, you can't sue over failing to deliver on a gift.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:28:30 AM by RancidPunx » Logged

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #78 on: November 27, 2008, 11:25:13 AM »

well if you love dr. pepper and hate axl so much, why not join a dr. pepper forum? 

axl's made it very clear how dr. pepper used and abused gnr's good name and disappointed the fans across america.  that's not cool with me, and it's not cool with axl.  apparently it's cool with you.  nice to know who's side your own when the chips are down.  remind me never to turn my back on you.
RancidPunx
VIP

FAITH

« Reply #79 on: November 27, 2008, 11:31:17 AM »

well if you love dr. pepper and hate axl so much, why not join a dr. pepper forum? 

axl's made it very clear how dr. pepper used and abused gnr's good name and disappointed the fans across america.  that's not cool with me, and it's not cool with axl.  apparently it's cool with you.  nice to know who's side your own when the chips are down.  remind me never to turn my back on you.

Son, I have been following GNR for twenty years.Paid to see them many times. You made it out t seem like the average American was affected by this.
LOL@remind me to never turn my back on you. Once again ,it is a can of Pop. I'll mail your friends a 12 pack if that will get them to buy the album.
I would never join a Dr.Pepper forum, I think it tastes nasty as hell.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: