Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 28, 2024, 03:56:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227962 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  The Boxing Thread.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Boxing Thread.  (Read 27816 times)
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2005, 12:46:22 AM »

What did u think of Tarver handing Jones his ass.

Man I cant believe Roy fell off like he did.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2005, 02:26:39 AM »

What did u think of Tarver handing Jones his ass.

Man I cant believe Roy fell off like he did.

roy jones just became old one day.. He aged over night, he has been knocked out twice in his more recent fights... I don't know if it was do to bouncing weight classes over time or just losing the magic but either way he is done.. It's kind of like mike tyson, you can have some heart and desire but if the tools are gone it's over
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2005, 06:12:14 AM »

espn classic has been playing tons of old mike tyson fights.. Damn that wasa great time in heavyweight boxing. Knockout power in both hands and very fast fists.. You never realise how many people he fought from 85-86-87. Teddy atlas seems really bitter.. Only is cus never died and he stayed on track.. Those long layoffs really fuck a guy up.. No reason fights should happen every 10 months or longer
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2005, 09:15:17 PM »

I dont think Tyson's legacy should be ruined due to the last 10 years, prison destroyed his career.

Did u watch the Contender rematches last night? This was the shittiest boxing ever, two screwjobs back to back and ill never watch the Contender again. Anthony bosante out landed Jessie Brinkley 148 to 51 but Brinkely won a unanimous decision, Teddy Atlas was livid!

Peter Manfredo beat Sergio Mora but yet the Judges gave it to Mora. Horrible shit

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: October 19, 2005, 06:44:30 PM »

I dont think Tyson's legacy should be ruined due to the last 10 years, prison destroyed his career.

Did u watch the Contender rematches last night? This was the shittiest boxing ever, two screwjobs back to back and ill never watch the Contender again. Anthony bosante out landed Jessie Brinkley 148 to 51 but Brinkely won a unanimous decision, Teddy Atlas was livid!

Peter Manfredo beat Sergio Mora but yet the Judges gave it to Mora. Horrible shit

you know something I loved the show the first time and I watched the fight between peter and sergio but I felt they were milking these so I stopped.. I wil probably watch the new show when it happens just for the he;ll of it..

Tyson was great to watch.. I loved his fight with larry holmes..

Tyson was kind of like axl surrounded by YES men saying how he was great and unstopable and lost touch with reality
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »

British Boxing Fans

Danny Williams Vs Audley Harrison is pencilled in for an early December clash...

Lets hope Danny doesnt shit himself this time.

A - Train will kill him.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 06:25:11 PM »

vitali retired.... Guy was the biggest chump of a champ ever... hurt his knee right before his fight, figures since he was such a gawky bastard
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #47 on: November 11, 2005, 04:34:52 AM »

I hate Vitali, hasim Rahman the champ now??? what a joke.

I wish Tyson would get his head on straight, He could beat Rahman and u wanna know why?

Cause Rahman is his size.

Tyson can still beat people his size or smaller, the days of beating guys twice his size are over.

if he got serious, I think he could beat Rahman, Rahman isnt that good in my o pinion.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2005, 09:45:34 AM »

I hate Vitali, hasim Rahman the champ now??? what a joke.

I wish Tyson would get his head on straight, He could beat Rahman and u wanna know why?

Cause Rahman is his size.

Tyson can still beat people his size or smaller, the days of beating guys twice his size are over.

if he got serious, I think he could beat Rahman, Rahman isnt that good in my o pinion.

it's not over for him.. I have been watching all his fights from douglas back to 1985 and he was just a beast , he was much leaner back then averaging about 219 at his 5'-11" frame... Later he had yes men and wasn't into his training, he weighed about 230 way to heavy for his size and his old style which was power with speed..

I read muscular development and there were talks that great bodybuilding trainer charles glass was going to work with him.. Now I heard he punched some south american dude taking pictures?? Cry

Boxing is really just a punch of bullshit making everyone number one contenders to charge a fortune on ppv.. Back in the day tyson was fighting monthly then before you knew it he was fighting yearly.. He had his head screwed on back then.. Maybe age is partly his downfall, or the fact he just wants a quick buck win lose or draw..?

Bottom line is the heavy weight division sucks and there are to many fake champs.. Vitali was champ and half the people I know never even heard of him.. he fought corey sanders for the belt.. hihi Guy was a fucking stiff and that's just vitali..

I hate champs that are made by default.. They should have at least lined up a fight betwen the next ranked contender to battle hasim..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2005, 03:40:22 AM »

Senator John McCain,Max Kellerman,Teddy Atlas and people like that are trying to start a boxing commission, A true boxing league like the other professional sports.

Thing is Congress dont give a shit about boxing, so it will be hard to get serious time on this.

I heard on a show that Don King's daughter was given 250,000 a year by King out of Tyson's money to be the president of his fan club. He really ripped Mike off big time by doing shit like this.

Paid a gardener like 750,000.

2 promoters control boxing, there are 26 different titles, its ridiculous.

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2005, 07:07:00 AM »

John McCain,Max Kellerman,Teddy Atlas

that would be cool, I know teddy n max are so into boxing nad of course teddy has worked with the greats.. I use to see him at gleason's gym in brooklyn.. Never knew about mcain but I like him anyways..

Don king really is the scum of the earth.. Rocky 5 portrayed him great hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2005, 07:27:26 AM »

I watched mayweather fight on hbo yesterday.. Might have been new.. He knocked the guy out in the 6th.. he is lightning fast.. The guy he fought seemed to have  ablack eye before he entered the ring
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2005, 03:38:08 PM »

I cant wait for Taylor/Hopkins 2,thats gonna be a war.First fight was so so so close,I actually scored it a draw but Taylor narrowly one, I think Hopkins will take the rematch 12 rd decision.

Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

Everything Louder Than Everything Else

« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2005, 09:01:13 PM »

Hahahahaha. Did anyone see Harrison vs Williams?
That was the worst fight i've seen in my entire life! And I saw Klitschko vs Sanders.
Before the fight, both of them were saying they could be the undisputed champ...ten seconds from the end Williams fell over throwing (and missing) an uppercut.

I thought it was ridiculous that Tarver thought he could move up to heavyweight. On the basisi of this and the fact that there are no good heavyweights at the moment, I think he could probably unify all the belts.

What is the world coming to?!?!

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2005, 08:46:19 AM »

The heavyweight Division is extremely poor at the moment and boring if Saturdays fight is owt to go on!

Audley Harrison needs to hang up his gloves now, you dont take up the sport of boxing if you are scared of being hit! And he is, everytime Williams came near him you could see the terror in his eyes!

Prince Naseem is "apparently" making a comeback within the next 6 months...he could probably fight at heavyweight at the moment! ;-)

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2005, 07:53:38 AM »

I just watch espn classic boxing now... Like rock marciano hihi
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2005, 07:18:05 AM »

I saw some 7 foot hairball russian fight john ruiz.. God boxing heavyweights fucking suck nervous
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2005, 09:08:25 PM »

Are you laughing at Marciano? The greatest chin, and one of the the hardest punchers ever?

Steven's drumming made the band; he made a big musical difference.  His sense of swing was the push and pull that gave those songs their feel, afterwards, nothing worked. ~ Izzy Stradlin
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2005, 05:43:38 PM »

Are you laughing at Marciano? The greatest chin, and one of the the hardest punchers ever?

no he was the best heavyweight ever.. i was laughing because i have to watch 1950's boxing to see a good fight..
Miz
Dog treats!
Legend

« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 08:10:31 PM »

Thank god. I thought you might have lost your mind or something... Wink

I could watch Rocky all day. The punch that knocked out Jersey Joe Walcott is probably the greatest punch i've ever seen. There isn't a boxer in history who would've stayed on his feet from that.

It's funny, he wasn't really a very good boxer, he was just the toughest motherfucker ever to step into the ring.

Actually, he was probably the second toughest guy ever to get in a ring. If you wanna see some really, tuly, awesome power, try and get hold of a clip of Lenny McLean fighting. He was an underground fighter in London a few decades ago (he played Benny the Baptist in Lock Stock). Watching him fight is phenominal. He weighs about 20 stone, but he fights like Tyson used to. He's fucking incredible. Fast, strong and has an immense chin. I don't think theres a boxer in the history of the sport who could've beaten him.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: