Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 09:48:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228057 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2009 Baseball Season/Off-Season Discussion  (Read 275422 times)
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #120 on: February 11, 2009, 09:30:33 AM »

can you think of an example where pot has had a positive effect on some ones athletic performance?

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #121 on: February 11, 2009, 10:16:43 PM »

So you're telling me at age 23, he just randomly decided to try pot last week?

If it had, or would have any affect on his performance, I don't think he'd be smokin' herb at any juncture in time.

He was not smoking pot before or during the olympics...he would have flunked several drug tests if that were the case...I have no idea if he just started smoking pot...but he did smoke pot and he is  a moron who just cost himself about 100 million dollars...

He obviously could care less about his performance right now, since he has no races anytime soon.  But smoking pot certainly does not HELP his performance at all...can you think of an example where pot has had a positive effect on some ones athletic performance? Cause I can give you hundreds of examples of steroids helping athletes performances...that was the origin of this topic, at least A-rod was doing a drug to better himself as a baseball player...

I hit a hole in one while i was stoned hihi
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #122 on: February 11, 2009, 11:35:08 PM »

If it had, or would have any affect on his performance, I don't think he'd be smokin' herb at any juncture in time.

He was not smoking pot before or during the olympics...he would have flunked several drug tests if that were the case...I have no idea if he just started smoking pot...but he did smoke pot and he is  a moron who just cost himself about 100 million dollars...

He obviously could care less about his performance right now, since he has no races anytime soon.  But smoking pot certainly does not HELP his performance at all...can you think of an example where pot has had a positive effect on some ones athletic performance? Cause I can give you hundreds of examples of steroids helping athletes performances...that was the origin of this topic, at least A-rod was doing a drug to better himself as a baseball player...

Was that in mini golf?  Or on X-box?

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2009, 01:49:22 AM »

can you think of an example where pot has had a positive effect on some ones athletic performance?

haha not sure pot is what made them good ball players...if that were the case, most people I know who smoke pot would not be losers...they would be in the NBA... hihi
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2009, 02:06:59 AM »

I'm the last person to stick up for potheads, but you know all those dudes blaze that shit.

During the summertime especially.  And not just basketball players, football players do that shit too.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #125 on: February 12, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »

Was that in mini golf?  Or on X-box?

full course-
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2009, 07:56:13 PM »

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #127 on: February 17, 2009, 06:48:53 PM »

So for all intents and purposes ARod today claims he originally thought he was being inhected with... and cycling on and off... Dominican 5 Hour Energy???

Why can't these guys who have been caught red handed just own up to it 100%?? I REFUSE to believe that a trained professional athlete is allowing a random cousin to inject something into their body that they aren't 1000% informed about. I spend hours researching my dogs petfood, treats, and Supplements, but I'm to believe that someone who makes millions of dollars off of their body (physical talent/makeup) blindly injects over the counter medications from a 3rd world country with vaugue knowledge that this was an 'energy booster'? Does he think we have shit for brains?
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #128 on: February 18, 2009, 07:13:02 AM »

The only thing yesterday's press conference did for A-Fraud was make himself look even worse of a person. The guy continues to dig his hole deeper and deeper. How anyone can believe anything this guy says just baffles me.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #129 on: February 18, 2009, 10:06:52 AM »

So for all intents and purposes ARod today claims he originally thought he was being inhected with... and cycling on and off... Dominican 5 Hour Energy???

Why can't these guys who have been caught red handed just own up to it 100%?? I REFUSE to believe that a trained professional athlete is allowing a random cousin to inject something into their body that they aren't 1000% informed about. I spend hours researching my dogs petfood, treats, and Supplements, but I'm to believe that someone who makes millions of dollars off of their body (physical talent/makeup) blindly injects over the counter medications from a 3rd world country with vaugue knowledge that this was an 'energy booster'? Does he think we have shit for brains?

AROD has shit for brains
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #130 on: February 18, 2009, 06:13:13 PM »

Yeah I felt a little sorry for A-Rod at first but he's done nothing but bury himself deeper and deeper in my opinion.  All this, "I didn't know it was a steroid.  I didn't realize it was illegal.  We were immature and uninformed."  Give me a break Alex, you basically smuggled an illegal substance into the country and injected it into your body repeatedly for 3 years to make yourself a better ballplayer.  What exactly don't you find wrong with that?

Of course Johnny Damon points out that he could've done much worse things, like murder someone.  Thanks Johnny for that pearl of wisdom.  I guess since he didn't murder someone we should all forgive and forget.

I think not.  Can't wait till he makes his first trip to Fenway this year.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #131 on: February 19, 2009, 12:46:36 AM »

I think not.  Can't wait till he makes his first trip to Fenway this year.

Are you going?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #132 on: February 19, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »

No, I don't have tickets.  I wish though.  I'm sure it'll be quite an event.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #133 on: February 19, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »

You should go and boo him.

Are you going to the season opener?
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #134 on: February 20, 2009, 12:22:15 AM »

Not unless I can somehow come up with some tickets.  I usually only go to a couple games a year, tickets aren't that easy to come by.  I've got connections for Patriots tickets, but not so much for Red Sox.  I went to a Sox/Yanks game last year.  Sat by the Yankee bullpen, and gave them an earful.  And unfortunately a young lady was wearing an A-Rod jersey in our section so we rode her pretty hard as well.  It was all in fun though, nothing malicious, towards her at least.  The Yankee bullpen, that was a little more hardcore.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #135 on: February 20, 2009, 01:08:12 AM »

Not unless I can somehow come up with some tickets.  I usually only go to a couple games a year, tickets aren't that easy to come by.  I've got connections for Patriots tickets, but not so much for Red Sox.  I went to a Sox/Yanks game last year.  Sat by the Yankee bullpen, and gave them an earful.  And unfortunately a young lady was wearing an A-Rod jersey in our section so we rode her pretty hard as well.  It was all in fun though, nothing malicious, towards her at least.  The Yankee bullpen, that was a little more hardcore.

Ah that's a bummer.  You could get lucky on Craigslist, I have had great luck with tickets on CL.  Just be sure you don't get stuck behind a post.

Hey, you were protecting your house.

I get pretty rabid at games.  The people I'm "having friendly discussions" with (and fans of the home team) end up shocked to see the lanky long-haired white boy engaging in verbal barbs.  I love a good fight.  I gave Victorino hell on the warning track during BP before Game 3.  That's the closest I have ever gotten to fighting with a player.  Relievers are bitches, man.  They just sit there and take my garbage.  That's no fun.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2009, 07:11:08 PM »

MANNYWOOD!
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2009, 07:36:50 PM »

MANNYWOOD!
did he re-sign?  Finally?  I now see he did.  Obviously a great fit for both sides.  Not sure why it took so long, but finally, it's over.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #138 on: March 05, 2009, 01:48:22 AM »

Boras got bitchslapped this offseason.
tim_m
Legend

« Reply #139 on: March 05, 2009, 03:02:58 AM »

Boras got bitchslapped this offseason.

Nothing wrong with that.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 70 Go Up Print 
« previous next »