Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 04:03:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228059 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: HTGTH 2009 Nascar Yahoo Fantasy League  (Read 61149 times)
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2009, 03:50:50 PM »

Dale Jr. will be racing in both the Grand National and Cup races this weekend at Texas.  Smiley

He won't win on Saturday or Sunday.

He should have just stayed at his daddy's auto shop mopping up the floors. 
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

Counting the signs & cursing the miles in between.

« Reply #81 on: April 04, 2009, 06:14:36 PM »

He did indeed have a rough day in the Grand National race this afternoon.

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2009, 08:07:45 PM »

He did indeed have a rough day in the Grand National race this afternoon.

What pisses me off is that he doesn't even care about losing all the time.
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2009, 01:47:18 AM »

Motherfucker hit the wall when he was running all by himself.

confused
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2009, 08:07:37 AM »

Motherfucker hit the wall when he was running all by himself.

confused

Plus, he had yet again another pit stop mishap.  Lips Sealed

"If you keep going over the past, you're going to end up with a thousand pasts and no future." - The Secret in Their Eyes
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2009, 07:45:30 AM »

Talladega this weekend baby and the weather will be fantastic!

Dale Jr. will be be in both races this weekend.  ok

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #86 on: April 25, 2009, 02:05:26 PM »

Are you going?

I want to go!
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #87 on: April 25, 2009, 02:12:18 PM »

Are you going?

I want to go!

No, I don't have tickets and I'm not really in the mood to be around that many people right now. The weather is spectacular here this weekend but I'll be watching the race from the comfort of my home.

If you were going than I'd definitely go.  Cool

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #88 on: April 25, 2009, 02:13:41 PM »

Are you going?

I want to go!

No, I don't have tickets and I'm not really in the mood to be around that many people right now. The weather is spectacular here this weekend but I'll be watching the race from the comfort of my home.

If you were going than I'd definitely go.  Cool

My travels will take me there one day, as Talladega is my favorite track.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #89 on: April 25, 2009, 02:36:56 PM »

You'll definitely have to let me know when you go. Are you working today? I read your bulletin today at myspace and was wondering if you were having to work.

Will you be watching tomorrow or playing baseball?  Smiley

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #90 on: April 25, 2009, 06:42:59 PM »

You'll definitely have to let me know when you go. Are you working today? I read your bulletin today at myspace and was wondering if you were having to work.

Will you be watching tomorrow or playing baseball?  Smiley

They ASKED me to work, but I told them to go fuck themselves.  It's my grandma's 87th birthday and I'm not gonna miss that for them.

Baseball AFTER the race.  I never miss Talladega.  Actually, I don't miss any races, I just might fall asleep during some, but I'll never miss them!  hihi

And Junior wussed out again today.  He doesn't have that killer instinct.  And again, Newman messed him up, just like he did during the 2002 Winston.

Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #91 on: April 25, 2009, 06:57:37 PM »

They ASKED me to work, but I told them to go fuck themselves.  It's my grandma's 87th birthday and I'm not gonna miss that for them.

Baseball AFTER the race.  I never miss Talladega.  Actually, I don't miss any races, I just might fall asleep during some, but I'll never miss them!  hihi

And Junior wussed out again today.  He doesn't have that killer instinct.  And again, Newman messed him up, just like he did during the 2002 Winston

Good for you! Hope your grandmother has a happy birthday.

Dale Jr. tried to pull out and pass Newman right at the end of the final lap but when Newman blocked him, he touched Dale Jr. and caused him to lose all of his momentum. And what do you know, a Rousch car gets up there for a lucky win.  rant

I was happy to see Dale Jr. run good all day though.  ok

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #92 on: April 25, 2009, 07:03:10 PM »

And Junior wussed out again today.  He doesn't have that killer instinct.  And again, Newman messed him up, just like he did during the 2002 Winston

Good for you! Hope your grandmother has a happy birthday.

Dale Jr. tried to pull out and pass Newman right at the end of the final lap but when Newman blocked him, he touched Dale Jr. and caused him to lose all of his momentum. And what do you know, a Rousch car gets up there for a lucky win.  rant

I was happy to see Dale Jr. run good all day though.  ok

He also touched Ragan, but the driver of the Roush F car still won.

I'm a firm believer of checkers or wreckers.  June Bug could have had himself at least 25 wins and 1 championship if he was more aggressive.

And a better crew chief.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #93 on: April 25, 2009, 07:11:50 PM »

I'm a firm believer of checkers or wreckers.  June Bug could have had himself at least 25 wins and 1 championship if he was more aggressive.

And a better crew chief.

Yeah, I believe your exactly right.

I will tell you this, before they threw the Green/White/Checkered flag, I had a pretty good feeling it would be either Dale Jr. or Ryan Newman winnning. I am also a big Kevin Harvick fan so it would have been cool to see Newman get Harvick a win as owner of the #33 Chevrolet.  Smiley

But than again, look what happened.  Lips Sealed

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #94 on: April 25, 2009, 07:14:39 PM »

And a better crew chief.

Yeah, I believe your exactly right.

I will tell you this, before they threw the Green/White/Checkered flag, I had a pretty good feeling it would be either Dale Jr. or Ryan Newman winnning. I am also a big Kevin Harvick fan so it would have been cool to see Newman get Harvick a win as owner of the #33 Chevrolet.  Smiley

But than again, look what happened.  Lips Sealed

It was awesome to see Matt Kenseth going end over end.  I never liked him.  Sure, he likes Brett Favre and Metallica, but that's it for him.
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2009, 07:38:47 PM »

It was awesome to see Matt Kenseth going end over end.  I never liked him.  Sure, he likes Brett Favre and Metallica, but that's it for him.

How did I forget about that?!!! That was wild to watch. You know it had to be a scary moment for his wife Katie when he crashed. Especially with her being pregnant right now. I've never had a problem with Matt except that he drives an F car for Rousch.

Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2009, 01:04:57 AM »

How did I forget about that?!!! That was wild to watch. You know it had to be a scary moment for his wife Katie when he crashed. Especially with her being pregnant right now. I've never had a problem with Matt except that he drives an F car for Rousch.

He beat out Junior for ROY and the last ever Winston Cup, that's my problem with him!  hihi
Sukie
With Arms Wide Open
Legend

I'm NOT a llama!!!

« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2009, 06:46:44 PM »

Hi, guys!  I know I've been MIA...just haven't been online much at all lately.  I HAD to get on after that wild finish today, though.  I'm just glad that the drivers are o.k.  How many fans were hurt?  How badly? 

I would have liked the outcome of the race a whole lot better if Dale had won.  I just don't know why he and Newman didn't move up to get that momentum that the 99 and 09 had.  They saw them coming for quite a while and seemed to have time to make that decision.  Oh well.  Newman did say that when you've got someone glued to your bumper like that, you don't have complete control because the car behind you is guiding you just as much as yourself as the driver.  Still...Dale had said earlier that he wanted the high line because he felt like that was where he was faster. 

Did y'all watch the post race show on nascar.com?  Dale made some good points about how the media and sanctioning body has celebrated the big one (or something like that) to draw attention to the race and get fans more interested.  He said something to the effect that no one likes racing like that...but you race when the green flag drops...do what you have to do.  Anyway, Dale seems to be calling the media out quite a bit this year. 

So...thoughts?  Do you think they'll get rid of the yellow line rule?  Change the cars some to make sure they don't fly?  Stop going to 'dega?  (ha!)  Two scary wrecks in both series this weekend.  Something will have to be done.  Newman suggested more engineering to see if the roof flap could do a better job.  (make them larger, have more of them, place them differently, etc.)

Anyway...hope y'all have had a good weekend.  I'm out!
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:45 PM »

Crazy end to the race today...as soon as I saw Carl go up in the air I said please don't go into the crowd.

In other news, moved up 4 spots in fantasy Grin
Drew
milf n' cookies
Legend

« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »

Definitely a wild finish and a finish the fans really want and love to see from Talladega! Yes, it's on the edge and scary every single lap but that's why Talladega was packed out for the most part Sunday afternoon! Other tracks have been hurt tremendously with poor attendance this year but Talladega reigns supreme once again! I wish Dale Jr. could have got up there for the win but just like Saturday, Dale Jr. had no chance running with and behind Ryan Newman. Glad to see Carl walk away from the wreck.

The next five races I believe will all be night races!  ok

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: