Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:19:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 80858 times)
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #280 on: February 01, 2009, 05:53:59 PM »

I just got home from the Metallica show, awesome 2 plus hour set ending at 11:15. Even though that would be Axl's happy time to hit the stage, trying to follow that act with his current lineup would be a recipe for disaster.

The musical directions are just too diffferent at this time.

went last night also. awesome show and metallica will blow the doors off gnr on stage right now. last night could have been one of the best shows i've seen in years.

I like Metallica a lot.... but come on.

Axl v. Hetfield

Bumblefoot, Finck and Fortus v. Hammett

Stinson v. Trujillo

Brain/Ferrer v. Ulrich

Reed & Pitman v. No One

Huh

hihi hihi hihi

GN'R in a fucking landslide talent-wise AND charisma wise (Axl)... Part of the reason I don't think Metallica (in truth) wants any part of touring with GN'R.

And trust me... I understand that Metallica is the "bigger" and "more well known" band with a larger fanbase at this exact point in time... AND I also understand that Metallica outplayed GN'R most nights in '92 (mostly b/c "Old Guns" was well on its way to falling apart). Totally irrelevant. One's a veteran act that's gone back to its roots and is basically playing out the string... and the other is a fresh new band headed by one of the most charismatic frontmen in rock history and just barely scratching the surface of what they're capable of. All the potential is in the GN'R camp... IF Axl decides to tap into it and tour (which is really the more important issue/question).

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #281 on: February 01, 2009, 08:46:45 PM »

I just got home from the Metallica show, awesome 2 plus hour set ending at 11:15. Even though that would be Axl's happy time to hit the stage, trying to follow that act with his current lineup would be a recipe for disaster.

went last night also. awesome show and metallica will blow the doors off gnr on stage right now. last night could have been one of the best shows i've seen in years.

Axl v. Hetfield

Stinson v. Trujillo

Brain/Ferrer v. Ulrich

Reed & Pitman v. No One

Huh

hihi hihi hihi

GN'R in a fucking landslide talent-wise AND charisma wise (Axl)... Part of the reason I don't think Metallica (in truth) wants any part of touring with GN'R.

And trust me... I understand that Metallica is the "bigger" and "more well known" band with a larger fanbase at this exact point in time... AND I also understand that Metallica outplayed GN'R most nights in '92 (mostly b/c "Old Guns" was well on its way to falling apart). Totally irrelevant. One's a veteran act that's gone back to its roots and is basically playing out the string... and the other is a fresh new band headed by one of the most charismatic frontmen in rock history and just barely scratching the surface of what they're capable of. All the potential is in the GN'R camp... IF Axl decides to tap into it and tour (which is really the more important issue/question).

Metallica played for almost 2 1/2 hours non stop. No running offstage for whatever reasons. No piano solos or 3 guitar solos so the singer can rest up. The reason metallica killed gnr in 92 is also the same they are a touring machine band. (and yes i was at 3 of those shows.)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #282 on: February 01, 2009, 08:57:58 PM »

No running offstage for whatever reasons.

Any running onstage to speak of? Lots of movement?

Or more about walking around banging your head and yelling "hey! hey!" to the crowd?

Did you ever think that what Axl does takes more energy than what many other front men do?

Strumming a guitar and singing is a different game to moving around and singing.

Apples and oranges...

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #283 on: February 01, 2009, 09:03:55 PM »

Axl v. Hetfield

Stinson v. Trujillo

Brain/Ferrer v. Ulrich

Reed & Pitman v. No One

Huh

hihi hihi hihi

Metallica played for almost 2 1/2 hours non stop. No running offstage for whatever reasons. No piano solos or 3 guitar solos so the singer can rest up. The reason metallica killed gnr in 92 is also the same they are a touring machine band. (and yes i was at 3 of those shows.)

well guess what?  those things aren't necessarily bad.  so what if axl takes a breather every now and then?  if james could sing a millionth as good as axl, i'm sure he'd be willing to grab some oxygen from time to time.  and many people love quality solos.  if metallica had half as much talent in their band, then i'm sure they'd want to do some solos too. 

if you love metallica so much more than gnr, then honestly, why don't you just share those thoughts on a metallica fan site. 
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #284 on: February 01, 2009, 09:16:01 PM »

Maybe people actually enjoy piano and/or guitar solos? Ballads? Go figure.

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #285 on: February 01, 2009, 10:23:33 PM »

Axl v. Hetfield

Stinson v. Trujillo

Brain/Ferrer v. Ulrich

Reed & Pitman v. No One

Huh

hihi hihi hihi

Ill give u Axl over James as a frontman anyday of the week as far as stage presence and energy and vocals are concerned

but then u lose all credibility saying Brain/frank are better than Lars Ulrich on drums? Are u kidding me?

U extremely underrate Kirk Hammett also

I think the solos are also not so much for Axl to rest but to try and introduce the new band to the audience.

Axl did the same stuff on the UYI tour with the solos, so it isn't anything new.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
crayallica
Headliner

« Reply #286 on: February 01, 2009, 10:32:12 PM »

Axl and Hetfield are both still amazing at what they do, both now in their mid-fourties.

These silly arguments here are proof the co-headlining thingie is a bad idea at this time.

age 37....volume always at 10
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #287 on: February 01, 2009, 11:06:17 PM »

Ill give u Axl over James as a frontman anyday of the week as far as stage presene and energy and vocals are concerned

but then u lose all credibility saying Brain/frank are better than Lars Ulrich on drums? Are u kidding me?

I think the solos are also not so much for Axl to rest but to try and introduce the new band to the audience.

Axl did the same stuff on the UYI tour with the solos, so it isn't anything new.

Next you're gonna tell me that Richie Sambora is like EVH.
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #288 on: February 01, 2009, 11:52:20 PM »

Axl v. Hetfield

Stinson v. Trujillo

Brain/Ferrer v. Ulrich

Reed & Pitman v. No One

Huh

hihi hihi hihi

Ill give u Axl over James as a frontman anyday of the week as far as stage presence and energy and vocals are concerned

Ulrich!!?!?? Even fucking METALLICA fans knock his playing!!! hihi rofl

Most people think James would have kicked his ass out years ago if he could have. He couldn't because Ulrich had the $$$ to fund the band in its early days and came up with the name. Perhaps it is less certain with Ferrer- BUT Brain anihilates him. Ask any drummer. And I like Ulrich and think he's a cool guy... as I'm sure most GN'R fans do.

As far as Hammett goes... I LIKE Hammett... but Bumblefoot in particular could play fucking circles around him talent wise... and as far as a "live experience" goes... add on Finck and Fortus and it's not even close.

Again I dig Metallica. I really do- but there is a hell of a lot more pure talent in GN'R right now. 

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #289 on: February 02, 2009, 12:40:25 AM »

I still go by what u have written

I'll take Lars drumming on Battery,Master of Puppets, One, etc etc over anything the new guys have done.

Kirk wrote Enter Sandman for fuck's sake, sorry but Bumble foot doesn't have that on his resume.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
badobsession_r21
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #290 on: February 02, 2009, 01:13:06 AM »

athens greece 2007 : metallica solid good show, as always
athens greece 2006 : guns n' roses fuckin' amazing

rds dublin 2006 : metallica : good solid show as always
                            guns n' roses : fuckin' amazing

athens greece 1993 : metallica : good solid show as always
                                   guns n' roses : fuckin amazing

athens 24-5-1993
dublin 9-6-2006
athens 10-7-2006
rome 4-9-2010
arnhem 3-10-2010
sofia 8-7-2012
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #291 on: February 02, 2009, 03:19:18 AM »

This thread has gotten fucking ridiculous...I just saw Metallica the last 2 nights in Jersey, trust me they are not "scared" or "intimidated" when it comes to playing with anyone, they put on a great show with lots of pyro, running around, crowd interaction and sounded great...Metallica put on a flawless show with a different setlist each night...The place was packed to the ceiling..not an empty seat in the place, and tonights show was during the Super Bowl!!  It seems there are alot of fans who are bitter that Metallica went on to be a bigger band than Guns N Roses...get over it...what do you expect?  They tour regularly, never cancel shows, do interviews, make videos, and put  out albums on a regular basis...I still like Guns N Roses more than Metallica, GNR is my favorite band, I dont need GNR to tour on a regular basis, do interviews or put out a billion albums...because the ones they do put out are better than anything Metallica has put out...but there is no need to rag on Metallica for doing what they do...They are the second best band in the world right now in my opinion...behind GNR of course

also keep in mind this thread was started because of the nothing but nice things Metallica said about GNR and "Chinese Democracy"  But lets rip on Metallica anyway... Roll Eyes
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2009, 05:37:57 AM »

Thats exactly my point. it's the same as in 92 and metallica kicked their ass then.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #293 on: February 02, 2009, 05:44:17 AM »

Metallica have solo spots between songs in their shows, maybe not as many as GN'R, but I get the vibe that they wanna be all out there playing songs together rather than individual performances. And they have a few ballads in their sets too.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 05:45:51 AM by metallex78 » Logged

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #294 on: February 02, 2009, 07:45:27 AM »

Metallica have solo spots between songs in their shows, maybe not as many as GN'R, but I get the vibe that they wanna be all out there playing songs together rather than individual performances. And they have a few ballads in their sets too.

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad. now dont get me wrong i'm a huge gnr fan. i just think when it comes to a live show metallica gives you more for your buck. But i think chinese democracy is a better album than death magnetic.
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #295 on: February 02, 2009, 07:57:11 AM »

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad.

what else would you call it?

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #296 on: February 02, 2009, 08:14:55 AM »

This thread has gotten fucking ridiculous...I just saw Metallica the last 2 nights in Jersey, trust me they are not "scared" or "intimidated" when it comes to playing with anyone, they put on a great show with lots of pyro, running around, crowd interaction and sounded great...Metallica put on a flawless show with a different setlist each night...The place was packed to the ceiling..not an empty seat in the place, and tonights show was during the Super Bowl!!  It seems there are alot of fans who are bitter that Metallica went on to be a bigger band than Guns N Roses...get over it...what do you expect?  They tour regularly, never cancel shows, do interviews, make videos, and put  out albums on a regular basis...I still like Guns N Roses more than Metallica, GNR is my favorite band, I dont need GNR to tour on a regular basis, do interviews or put out a billion albums...because the ones they do put out are better than anything Metallica has put out...but there is no need to rag on Metallica for doing what they do...They are the second best band in the world right now in my opinion...behind GNR of course

also keep in mind this thread was started because of the nothing but nice things Metallica said about GNR and "Chinese Democracy"  But lets rip on Metallica anyway... Roll Eyes
Agree w you!...rediculous! Metallica never offer GNR to tour w them, I saw the press conference and I dont see any invitation there, they just made a comment and they were cool w GNR and CD.  peace
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #297 on: February 02, 2009, 02:11:41 PM »

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad.

what else would you call it?

i would say it's a metal ballad.
oldgunsfan
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #298 on: February 02, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »

A GnR/Metallica Theatre/Club tour would be sick though
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #299 on: February 02, 2009, 06:14:33 PM »

Man, I now have no idea what a ballad is. I thought ballads were love songs. Now it seems any slower song regardless of the theme of the song is a ballad. My bro, who loves CD, made a weird comment about being surprised at how many ballads were on CD. I said beside This I love, what is the other ballad? I don't think anyone knows what a ballad is. Anyone in the know care to enlighten me?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: