Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:47:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 80857 times)
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #300 on: February 02, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »

I don't think anyone knows what a ballad is. Anyone in the know care to enlighten me?

Noun

* S: (n) ballad, lay (a narrative song with a recurrent refrain)
    * S: (n) ballad, lay (a narrative poem of popular origin)

Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #301 on: February 03, 2009, 02:32:43 AM »

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad.

what else would you call it?

i would say it's a metal ballad.

Yeah, it's still a ballad nevertheless

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Uzi76
Headliner

Despite everything, all is beautiful

« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2009, 03:52:20 AM »

Maybe people actually enjoy piano and/or guitar solos? Ballads? Go figure.

Metallica have solo spots between songs in their shows, maybe not as many as GN'R, but I get the vibe that they wanna be all out there playing songs together rather than individual performances. And they have a few ballads in their sets too.

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad. now dont get me wrong i'm a huge gnr fan. i just think when it comes to a live show metallica gives you more for your buck. But i think chinese democracy is a better album than death magnetic.

More for your buck?  Huh
I have seen Metallica once and it was one of the most boring shows I have ever seen. They started the show by saying 'We are Metallica and we play heavy metal' and than they started waving their hair for the next 2 hours.

I personally think GnR gives you more for your money than any other band (if they show up  hihi). A kick ass energetic live show with a good variety of solid rock songs, ballads, Axl rants and guitar and piano solos (yes, I am one of those people who likes guitar and piano solos).

Remember in this game we call life that noone said it's fair.
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2009, 03:53:16 AM »

Maybe people actually enjoy piano and/or guitar solos? Ballads? Go figure.

Metallica have solo spots between songs in their shows, maybe not as many as GN'R, but I get the vibe that they wanna be all out there playing songs together rather than individual performances. And they have a few ballads in their sets too.

yeah if you consider nothing else matters a ballad. now dont get me wrong i'm a huge gnr fan. i just think when it comes to a live show metallica gives you more for your buck. But i think chinese democracy is a better album than death magnetic.

More for your buck?  Huh
I have seen Metallica once and it was one of the most boring shows I have ever seen. They started the show by saying 'We are Metallica and we play heavy metal' and than they started waving their hair for the next 2 hours.

I personally think GnR gives you more for your money than any other band (if they show up  hihi). A kick ass energetic live show with a good variety of solid rock songs, ballads, Axl rants and guitar and piano solos (yes, I am one of those people who likes guitar and piano solos).

Lucky.

You saw 'tallica when they still had hair.
Uzi76
Headliner

« Reply #304 on: February 03, 2009, 03:54:56 AM »

LOL  rofl

Yeah, back in those days...

metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #305 on: February 03, 2009, 06:25:48 AM »

Metallica are a hard working and reliable rock band who always put everything into their show. To say Metallica are boring live compared to GN'R is just plain ignorant. And I'm not biased either, GN'R's shows I saw in 2007 were awesome too.

I just don't see a reason to knock Metallica to make GN'R sound better. Both bands kick ass beer

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Uzi76
Headliner

« Reply #306 on: February 03, 2009, 08:33:43 AM »

Don't get me wrong, I am sure that Metallica can be awesome when they are playing live, but it was sure not the time when I saw them live. I am just saying that to me, a non-Metallica fan, they sounded quite boring.

Respect to Metallica. They are a great band and they deserve their place in Rock n' Roll history. I have no intention to knock down Metallica to make GnR sound better. I don't see any reason for that. Both bands can excist without each other.  beer

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #307 on: February 03, 2009, 01:01:59 PM »

I don't think anyone knows what a ballad is. Anyone in the know care to enlighten me?

Noun

Wink

Damnit!

/jarmo

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #308 on: February 03, 2009, 02:09:28 PM »

Metallica will be returning to the US for a tour in the fall, that'd be a nice time for GNR to tour -- yes? hihi
efish
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #309 on: February 03, 2009, 03:44:59 PM »

Metallica will be returning to the US for a tour in the fall, that'd be a nice time for GNR to tour -- yes? hihi

Yes please.  drool
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #310 on: February 03, 2009, 03:51:45 PM »

I didn't know so many htgthers from the us were also metallica fans.

Noun

Wink

/jarmo

Damnit!

supplement

1. narrative song
    a song or poem, especially a traditional one or one in a traditional style, telling a story in a number of short regular stanzas, often with a refrain

2. slow romantic song
    a slow romantic popular song

Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #311 on: February 07, 2009, 12:51:39 AM »

Yeah.

Wonder if this "news" became such a big deal because of the history.

Because the bands are supposed to hate each other.

/jarmo

I assumed it was all water under the bridge after Lars performed with the band in 2006.

Yes, it is all water under the bridge.

(If the rumour that Lars may appear in the Better video is true, then he must now know better too!  hihi)

Axl playing the piano in Unforgiven III would be awesome!  ok

...and I Do
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #312 on: February 07, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »

Metallica are a hard working and reliable rock band who always put everything into their show. To say Metallica are boring live compared to GN'R is just plain ignorant. And I'm not biased either, GN'R's shows I saw in 2007 were awesome too.

I just don't see a reason to knock Metallica to make GN'R sound better. Both bands kick ass beer

You know how much I like Metallica but, NOW, Metallica arent anywhere near as energetic on stage as GN'R. Guns have been my number 1 forever and 'tallica a close 2nd so I thought it was just me being bias towards them until I watched some videos on youtube of the 2008 tour and without comparing Metallica to GN'R they are not at very energetic on anymore.

The whole band, especially Richard and Axl, go crazy on stage. Hetfeild, Kirk and Rob tend to do alot of walking around, Rob does his helecopter thing, but Lars seems to be the only interesting one left in Metallica. Don't get me wrong, I will be at any Metallica show I can get to but they are just looking tired and worn out.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Principessa
Banned
Opening Act

« Reply #313 on: February 08, 2009, 02:53:33 AM »

I may alittle biased too in my view but,

I think the energy differences have alot to do with the different dynamics in the music that the bands are playing.

Death Magnetic's booklet features a very prominent coffin, so maybe that's reflective of the delivery! And the whole tone of the album. Much of the riffs require a hold your stance and play type of feel.

Sometimes, it is the vibe of the audience that determines what type of performance you will give. Some crowds are tough to play, others are more receptive.

I saw footage of Metallica playing End of Days at an Awards ceremony in South America and I thought they gave a great, energetic performance. James went up to Lar's kit and started punching the cymbals...

CD on the other hand has a whole different energy about it. GN'R have alot to celebrate. And the band "go off" accordingly.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:17:16 AM by Principessa » Logged

...and I Do
Satapher
Wings Of Redemption
VIP

GODS N' ROSES

« Reply #314 on: February 08, 2009, 08:28:53 PM »

I think the energy differences have alot to do with the different dynamics in the music that the bands are playing.

Death Magnetic's booklet features a very prominent coffin, so maybe that's reflective of the delivery! And the whole tone of the album. Much of the riffs require a hold your stance and play type of feel.

Sometimes, it is the vibe of the audience that determines what type of performance you will give. Some crowds are tough to play, others are more receptive.

I saw footage of Metallica playing End of Days at an Awards ceremony in South America and I thought they gave a great, energetic performance. James went up to Lar's kit and started punching the cymbals...

CD on the other hand has a whole different energy about it. GN'R have alot to celebrate. And the band "go off" accordingly.
Wtf?

1992.11.29 Bogota, COL
2001.12.31 Las Vegas, USA
2002.12.05 New York City, USA
2010.03.30 Bogota, COL
2016.07.27 Atlanta, USA
2016.11.23 Medellin, COL
2022.06.15 Stavanger, NOR
2023.06.21 Oslo,
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #315 on: February 08, 2009, 08:31:18 PM »

It's going to be OK dude, Jarmo liquidated the problem.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #316 on: February 09, 2009, 03:45:38 AM »

Wtf?

Maybe just a shorter way of saying the day that never comes?  Undecided

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #317 on: February 09, 2009, 10:51:27 AM »

Hey

Maybe they might play together after all:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandjazzmusic/4565706/Metallica-to-play-new-Knebworth-festival.html

this has also been reported in the Times (note: not Tabloid)

I'm keen to buy a ticket - anyway we can find whether GNR are considering it? I might just take the punt, if its a definite no I would like to know. I note that they mention there are not strict curfews so this one might just suit Axl

Cheers

Here today...ready to rock
Jimmy?
You can't really dust for vomit
Legend

Don't you try to stop us now.......

« Reply #318 on: February 09, 2009, 11:16:58 AM »

Hey

Maybe they might play together after all:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandjazzmusic/4565706/Metallica-to-play-new-Knebworth-festival.html

this has also been reported in the Times (note: not Tabloid)

I'm keen to buy a ticket - anyway we can find whether GNR are considering it? I might just take the punt, if its a definite no I would like to know. I note that they mention there are not strict curfews so this one might just suit Axl

Cheers

Please let it be! I wouldn't even need to camp there as i could walk home i live so close!!!! Remember listening to Oasis play there, in my back garden!
variant
Headliner

« Reply #319 on: February 09, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

Hmmm...why do I get the impression that this was the offer that Metallica made to Guns? I'm guessing Axl has other plans and so Linkin Park were obviously next on Metallica's list.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: