Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 10:13:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227937 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Metallica make offer to tour with Guns N' Roses  (Read 80358 times)
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #320 on: February 09, 2009, 03:32:42 PM »

I guess its unlikely, NIN are another rumored band and if they get confirmed....

but on the positive side

- doubt they will play reading seems very indie this year (arctic monkeys, kings of leon etc)
- download already has lots of bands as strong rumors or to be confirmed status
- Better video would be great promotion if Lars is in it

Here's hoping anyway  ok

Here today...ready to rock
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #321 on: February 09, 2009, 03:33:29 PM »

Apparently Faith No More were also approached - now that would be something!

Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #322 on: February 09, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »

I guess its unlikely, NIN are another rumored band and if they get confirmed....

but on the positive side

- doubt they will play reading seems very indie this year (arctic monkeys, kings of leon etc)

Reading(Leeds) has a history of a having historic bands on the Sunday(Friday). i can only think of one exception in the time I've been going, that being in 04

02 The Prodigy (Guns for Leeds)
03 Metallica
04 Greenday
05 Iron Maiden
06 Pearl Jam
07 Smashing Pumpkins
08 Metallica
09 ??

now what band could fill that gap in 09.

AC/DC are doing a stadium tour here, so they're pretty much out.
Metallica, headlined last year won't do it again so soon.
Iron Maiden aren't touring this year.
NIN are strongly rumoured to play, but aren't big enough to headline.
Pearl Jam aren't touring.
The Prodigy are at Download so won't headline at Reading.
Aerosmith would be big enough, but they don't come to the UK all that often.

i'd say the chances of Guns playing Reading/Leeds are better than the chances of them doing any other UK festival.

Unless there is another band big enough to fill that slot that i can't think of Reading is going to turn into another version of the V festival.

Kings of Leon have alot of UK arena dates in June, and a couple of festivals over here booked in for July, this makes it less likely they'll play Reading, put this with the talk of them not having signed the contract yet and it's a large doubt.

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

Too many times to make it home.

« Reply #323 on: February 09, 2009, 08:36:32 PM »

That artical made it seem as though Guns have been confirmed. Is there any tryth behind it?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Alan
VIP

use your head

« Reply #324 on: February 09, 2009, 09:14:48 PM »

That artical made it seem as though Guns have been confirmed. Is there any tryth behind it?

peace

it says they've been linked with it, so it's just rumour same as everything else

Whoever is telling the story, if enough people read and believe something and there is no argument to the contrary, then it becomes accepted as gospel. - Del James
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #325 on: February 09, 2009, 10:47:08 PM »

peace

it says they've been linked with it, so it's just rumour same as everything else

Must be one of those "offers" Axl was talking about.
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #326 on: February 10, 2009, 02:28:21 AM »

but on the positive side

Reading(Leeds) has a history of a having historic bands on the Sunday(Friday). i can only think of one exception in the time I've been going, that being in 04

02 The Prodigy (Guns for Leeds)
03 Metallica
04 Greenday
05 Iron Maiden
06 Pearl Jam
07 Smashing Pumpkins
08 Metallica
09 ??

now what band could fill that gap in 09.

AC/DC are doing a stadium tour here, so they're pretty much out.
Metallica, headlined last year won't do it again so soon.
Iron Maiden aren't touring this year.
NIN are strongly rumoured to play, but aren't big enough to headline.
Pearl Jam aren't touring.
The Prodigy are at Download so won't headline at Reading.
Aerosmith would be big enough, but they don't come to the UK all that often.

i'd say the chances of Guns playing Reading/Leeds are better than the chances of them doing any other UK festival.

Unless there is another band big enough to fill that slot that i can't think of Reading is going to turn into another version of the V festival.

Kings of Leon have alot of UK arena dates in June, and a couple of festivals over here booked in for July, this makes it less likely they'll play Reading, put this with the talk of them not having signed the contract yet and it's a large doubt.

Apparently its Radiohead, with KOL for Saturday.

The demand for tickets is so high I hate it when you only know a few bands that are playing - knowing my luck I'll book for Sonisphere and then Axl will turn up at Reading  no

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #327 on: February 10, 2009, 10:46:48 AM »

The demand for tickets is so high I hate it when you only know a few bands that are playing - knowing my luck I'll book for Sonisphere and then Axl will turn up at Reading  no

in that case you can sell the Sonisphere tix to somebody and make Reading perhaps.

sorryforyou
« Reply #328 on: February 12, 2009, 02:24:50 PM »

I got the title to the GNR/Metallica tour: "Death to Democracy!" Perfect for the times we live in.
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #329 on: February 12, 2009, 09:35:22 PM »

I got the title to the GNR/Metallica tour: "Death to Democracy!" Perfect for the times we live in.

I don't mind it but it seems to be something the haters would say. Maybe "Death N' Democracy"?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Juanjay
Headliner

Here Today...

« Reply #330 on: February 13, 2009, 03:06:15 AM »

The only thing with this is GNR would be the opener.

I don't know how Axl would handle not being the BAND

Metallica > GNR when it come to tours. Metallica sells out stadiums and GNR...

Basically having seen the new band and seen the new Metallica with Rob on bass I would pay to see Metallica and would only go to see new GNR if someone paid for me to go.
Bruno Poeys
VIP

I don't believe there's a reason...

« Reply #331 on: February 13, 2009, 03:19:32 AM »

You are on the wrong forum, though. I wouldn't pay to see Metallica and I'd pay to see GnR. What's your point?

"I don't believe there's a reason - I don't believe it..."
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #332 on: February 13, 2009, 07:50:53 PM »

You are on the wrong forum, though. I wouldn't pay to see Metallica and I'd pay to see GnR. What's your point?

I am trying to figure that one out too.

To make things fair, I think the headline spot should rotate. One night Guns the next Metallica. I love GN'R way more then 'tallica but they have both paid their dues therefor both deserve the headlining spot.

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #333 on: February 13, 2009, 08:00:55 PM »

To make things fair, I think the headline spot should rotate. One night Guns the next Metallica. I love GN'R way more then 'tallica but they have both paid their dues therefor both deserve the headlining spot.

peace

This tour will never happen. so it doesn't matter
Dead N' Bloated
Legend

« Reply #334 on: February 13, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »

peace

Just like the album was never released?

peace

10/06/07 Perth
13/06/07 ADL
15/06/07 MELB
16/06/07 MELB
19/06/07 BRIS
20/06/07 BRIS
23/06/07 SYD
24/06/07 SYD
04/12/10 SYD
12/03/13 SYD
13/03/13 NEWCASTLE
20/03/13 BRIS
...and then some
Classic Case
Rocker

I know that I'm a classic case

« Reply #335 on: February 13, 2009, 08:04:45 PM »

Basically having seen the new band and seen the new Metallica with Rob on bass I would pay to see Metallica and would only go to see new GNR if someone paid for me to go.
Dude no disrespect but...what a hell are u doing here??...did u buy CD? or someone has to pay for u to have it?
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #336 on: February 15, 2009, 01:52:55 PM »

peace

Just like the album was never released?

peace

well you can wait 15 years for the tour to start then.
Dayle1066
Rocker

« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2009, 05:16:08 PM »

Dude no disrespect but...what a hell are u doing here??...did u buy CD? or someone has to pay for u to have it?

Seriously, people can be fans of guns and they dont have to be that persons favourite band.

It is important to note though how much more popular Metallica are these days compared to Guns (even though its obvious whos 2008 release was great and whos was crap). It would create more problems and besides id rather just see GN'R as the big thing for that night
patcooper
VIP

« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2009, 06:13:01 PM »

Seriously, people can be fans of guns and they dont have to be that persons favourite band.

It is important to note though how much more popular Metallica are these days compared to Guns (even though its obvious whos 2008 release was great and whos was crap). It would create more problems and besides id rather just see GN'R as the big thing for that night

I don't think either 2008 release was CRAP. That's just silly to say. Death Magnetic has some very good songs, musically it sounds great, the problem i have is that james sounds very forced with his vocals.
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2009, 06:22:09 PM »

are you fucking high?  "Death Magnetic" was the second best album of the year(behind CD)...aside from the producing which they did intentionally, it was a fucking sick album...They play ALL of the songs live, thats how good it was...best album of theirs since 1991's black album, which happens to be the biggest album of the sound scan era...

aside from that you are right, I think Guns are better than Metallica, but Metallica are FAR "bigger"...didnt "Death Magnetic" debut number 1 in every country that has electricity or indoor plumbing? and even a few that dont?  hihi

I would much rather see GNR in a headlining spot....
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: