Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:44:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75230 times)
commissioner
« on: January 16, 2009, 09:30:03 AM »

Like the people who constantly complain about the late starts...Should stay home. 

People who complain about Axl's singing ability...Should stay home too!

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers and it really ruins it for the people who want to hear about positive things about the shows  ok

« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 12:43:04 PM by commissioner » Logged
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 10:56:29 AM »

I do think that anyone complaining about late starts is either new to GNR or living in denial really.  Axl has been very open about the fact that he is 'always' late so that should not be a surprise anymore.. as long as there will be a show I don't mind.  Tongue

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 11:06:37 AM »

as far as they don't take my tix of me, I don't mind much.
I've never heard a complaint from the crowd after their gnr show. Huh
cineater
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 11:10:54 AM »

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers

Last US tour, you mean?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
audjon
Rocker

It's a bit cold here...

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 11:12:01 AM »

... and Slash - and do not try to give him free Dr. Pepper!

Gle?i, gle?i, gle?i
Au?j?n
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 11:14:29 AM »

it think i kind of understand what the OP is saying. i certainly don't want to be stuck sitting next to some assholes who bitch and complain about the start time & "where's slash" for 3 hours. i'd personally love to see the next tour mainly consist of a chinese d - or future tracks - setlist. i think that would be absolutely amazing! the assholes who only have an interest in hearing the "classics" should just stay home all together.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 11:32:44 AM by Feng Shui » Logged
Annie
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 11:26:50 AM »

Part of the excitement for me is the late starts. I love it when you hear the first few chords of WTTJ and then you hear Uncle Axl shout, Do you know where the f*** you are? People around me don't complain, they just  leave. And we are GNR fans not  Barbara Streisand fans!
sixx_roses
Opening Act

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »

I agree why do people spend money on shows when they don't like the band? I wish I had money to just waste on bands I don't like.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 11:31:19 AM »

I agree why do people spend money on shows when they don't like the band?

Daddy pays!

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Annie
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 11:33:12 AM »

I agree why do people spend money on shows when they don't like the band?

Daddy pays!

/jarmo
That is so funny and sad at the same time.
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2009, 11:36:09 AM »

I agree with all of this. I hate those people who find fault with everything. I mean, Axl has a history of late starts, if you're going to a GnR show, you expect that, not complain about it. The late start is all part of the general excitement and experience. I completely agree that people like that shouldn't be allowed at the shows.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2009, 12:07:00 PM »

I agree that people who has to be home before midnight can fuck off and forget about a gn'r concert, but I'd urge those who has complained about axl's voice to check out a gig. There is no way in hell that they have the same opinion after the gig.

If they do they're lying.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
Sillything
VIP

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2009, 12:22:34 PM »

The worst thing about the "late" starts is it's hard to plan the alcholconsumption. One time I was like "Don't worry there not going to go on for another two hours" But I barley had time to down a Jaeger in the bar and we had to run to our seats!
Next time I was on the floor and waited and waited and got thirsty and was in a beerline for the two first two songs.
Damn it sucks to have these problems living in an industrialised democracy. Maybe I'll try China for change beer

Stockholm 1991, 1993, 1995 (Slash), 2006,2015 (Slash), 2017
Roskilde: 2006
Helsinki 2010
Prague: 2010, 2017,2022
Milano: 2012
Aarhus: 2016 (Ac/Dc),
Berlin: 2018
Tallin: 2018
Gothenburg 2018
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2009, 12:29:39 PM »

Can Gn'r Really afford to lose anyone who's already willing to pay any money to see them? They weren't exactly filling all arenas they played, and the record isn't selling that much either.

I Don't think Gn'r is in the position to chose who's worthy to see them, even if that was something they could somehow control

Chinese Democracy!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2009, 12:33:09 PM »

Agree with MeanBone. U make all those people stay home and GNR will become a festival only band.

I know it is their thing, but people waiting till midnight to see a band and saying they have no right to complain is ridiculous.

If a show starts at 8pm, taking the stage 2 hours after the first opening band... people have a right to bitch. At least have a bunch of opening bands play up until u are ready to play.

2 hours of standing around doing nothing sucks.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
commissioner
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2009, 12:40:25 PM »

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers

Last US tour, you mean?

Last two tours!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2009, 12:58:06 PM »

I know it is their thing, but people waiting till midnight to see a band and saying they have no right to complain is ridiculous.

It's ridiculous when people know about it in advance. Like most GN'R fans do.

Q: Axl, how come you always come on stage so late at gigs?

Axl: I've been an after midnight type since I was sneakin' out of my house in Jr. High. With old Guns we preferred 12am or so. When we moved to theaters etc obviously that changes but it's never changed inside me. Doesn't matter what I do so generally that's when I'm more myself. This isn't to mess with anyone that has an early schedule to keep it's just personal preference.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2009, 01:01:46 PM »

It's ridiculous when people know about it in advance. Like most GN'R fans do.

Q: Axl, how come you always come on stage so late at gigs?

Axl: I've been an after midnight type since I was sneakin' out of my house in Jr. High. With old Guns we preferred 12am or so. When we moved to theaters etc obviously that changes but it's never changed inside me. Doesn't matter what I do so generally that's when I'm more myself. This isn't to mess with anyone that has an early schedule to keep it's just personal preference.

/jarmo

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans. I'd say 50 percent of any audience are somewhat casual while the other 50 are hardcore.

For me, if they want to play at 2am that is fine. I just don't like sitting and doing nothing while waiting. why not just start the show later or add another opening band to bridge the time?

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2009, 01:06:32 PM »

What's weird is that all the shows I saw from Guns in 2006 (3 of them), GN'R really weren't late. Back in the *cough* old days, we waited hours for GN'R to get on stage. Yea, 2006 was nothing! If I heard anyone complaining about this at any one of these shows I think I would have to beat the shit of of them. Anyone saying shit about Axl and GN'R at a fucking concert that we ALL paid for, should just fuck off and go home and watch Rachel Ray and bake some cookies.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
AxlsMainMan
Dazed & Confused
Legend

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »

Agree with MeanBone. U make all those people stay home and GNR will become a festival only band.

If a show starts at 8pm, taking the stage 2 hours after the first opening band... people have a right to bitch. At least have a bunch of opening bands play up until u are ready to play.

2 hours of standing around doing nothing sucks.

Then stay home, it's real simple.

Yeah but u are assuming everyone that buys a ticket reads message forums and are hardcore fans. I'd say 50 percent of any audience are somewhat casual while the other 50 are hardcore.

For me, if they want to play at 2am that is fine. I just don't like sitting and doing nothing while waiting. why not just start the show later or add another opening band to bridge the time?

People know Gn'R go on late, this isn't some obscure "hardcore fan only knowledge."

If you don't like having 2 free hours, go to a bar, have a late dinner, make some friends.

Lots of peolple can't even dream of affording a ticket, and you're going to whine about having 2 hours to kill?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 01:12:02 PM by AxlsMainMan » Logged

9.20 & 21.06
1.16 & 17.10
1.24 & 25.10
11.02 & 03.12
10.29 & 30.17
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: