Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:19:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75227 times)
bodine
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2009, 03:50:45 PM »

The worst thing about the "late" starts is it's hard to plan the alcholconsumption.

I agree with this completely.  Saw them back in 06 in Tampa, and the worst thing about the late start is that fact that I only remember bits and pieces of the show due to the fact that I was completely hammered by time GN'R came on.  Other than that, when they tour next, I won't care how late they come on.  I'll take the next day off work because 1) I know it will be a very late night and 2) I live in St. Louis so I'll need to go somewhere else if I want to see GN'R  Roll Eyes
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2009, 03:57:02 PM »

I fucking LOVE that the band goes on so late....because I generally run about an hour or 2 late myself...I like to get to the show...chill out for a while and wait...I hate getting to a show and it starts up right on time or even early!!  I saw Bon Jovi(sorry D) at the garden this past summer...and that fucker was on stage playing at like 7:50 or some shit, before we even got to our seats...and when most of the crowd were still at the concession stands...it was so lame...it felt like I was going to a Miley Cyrus concert and she had to get off stage before all the kiddies bed times...
SLCPUNK
Banned
Rocker

« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2009, 03:59:52 PM »

Like the people who constantly complain about the late starts...Should stay home. 

People who comlaint about Axl's singing ability...Should stay home too!

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers and it really ruins it for the people who want to hear about positive things about the shows  ok

There was a bitch (and if you're reading this, you're a bitch) at the LV show who was screaming "It's not the same without Slash."

Stay home losers...

http://www.thegnrsyndicate.com/

"If you think I am Jmack, you are a moron.  I am his BFFL.  We type nothing alike and I am much younger."
wells
VIP

!!

« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2009, 04:08:57 PM »

There was a bitch (and if you're reading this, you're a bitch) at the LV show who was screaming "It's not the same without Slash."

Stay home losers...

it was not me ... really ... it was not me  hihi

-velimir
-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2009, 04:11:34 PM »

Stay home losers...

she's right. it's not the same. it's even better! i've seen guns in 06/07' and i've seen them when asshole top hat was playing. for me, it's a no-brainer. what we have today far surpasses anything from yester-year. here's to hoping we see axl, bbf, fortus, tommy, frank, dizzy, and chris rocking out to a predominantly heavy chinese d set-list in 2009!

if people aren't onboard, i sure hope that they take tommy's advice & simply fuck off!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2009, 04:16:45 PM »

I fucking LOVE that the band goes on so late....because I generally run about an hour or 2 late myself...I like to get to the show...chill out for a while and wait...I hate getting to a show and it starts up right on time or even early!!  I saw Bon Jovi(sorry D) at the garden this past summer...and that fucker was on stage playing at like 7:50 or some shit, before we even got to our seats...and when most of the crowd were still at the concession stands...it was so lame...it felt like I was going to a Miley Cyrus concert and she had to get off stage before all the kiddies bed times...

Yeah, I went and saw them in Nashville and the show started at 8 and I almost missed the opening cause i figure nothing ever starts on time.  They did have the number 1 tour last year though, So I can't say I argue with how they do stuff.  places have curfews and sometimes you have to absolutely be finished by a certain time. If you can believe Slash and I know there were errors in his book but he said they barely made any money at all on the Metallica co headline tour due to the union fees and all that.

Its cool Axl wants to do what he wants to do. I am just saying, They'd probably be a more successful touring act in the US if not for the late starts etc and I think it has even more to do with that reputation than the band thing.

I think Axl with the East Coast at least stays on West Coast time. I heard u avoid jeg lag and all that by staying as close to your time as possible. So midnight on the East would be on time for him on the West.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 04:20:00 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2009, 04:18:36 PM »

Like the people who constantly complain about the late starts...Should stay home. 

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers and it really ruins it for the people who want to hear about positive things about the shows  ok

Stay home losers...

I definitely agree with this. Why would u go to a concert to act like this? I think that is just ridiculous. For those who genuinely and sincerely don't know though, I can't blame them for getting upset if they honestly didn't know the standard late stuff.

-Rob-
Banned
Rocker

Here Today ...

« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2009, 04:28:55 PM »

Stay home losers...

I definitely agree with this. Why would u go to a concert to act like this? I think that is just ridiculous. For those who genuinely and sincerely don't know though, I can't blame them for getting upset if they honestly didn't know the standard late stuff.

i'm sorry, but if they show up to a guns concert in 2009 not knowing the "standard late stuff" that's their own fucking problem. i'd have a hard time taking someone seriously that calls themself a "fan" - yet isn't aware of gnr's best album to date.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2009, 04:32:37 PM »

Yeah but not everybody that goes to a concert is a "Fan" U know? I mean sure u like the band, but not every single person knows every single small detail. There are people that only know Appetite and probably aren't even aware the old guys are out that would still go see them in concert based on those songs.

I went and saw Kiss in 2000, this was before I had the internet and Skid Row was opening and I was FUCKING SHOCKED to realize that wasn't Sebastian. I thought he'd just gained a bunch of weight and lost his voice.

Same with Aerosmith who I love... I have lost probably 800 bucks over 2 concerts on Aerosmith due to cancellations etc and as much as I like them I would never ever ever pay to see them again. never

so u just wonder if some fans are like that as well, they hear the bullshit, they remember the late stuff or perceived no shows and they just don't go.

Julio Von Kummer
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2009, 04:39:04 PM »

I think that such of things should not be happen anymore....If you don't like the new band you should go for the music only and at least be respectful for the work that those guys are doing in to keep the legacy of Guns N' Roses alive.
Some thing really special happened when Guns came to Brazil in 2001 to play at Rock In Rio Festival...200.000 tickets were sold before the public knows who was or not in the band.
Only Guns N' Roses music matter to us and of course have the opportunity to see Axl on stage again after all this time.So, we trust in him completly!
wadey
Legend

« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2009, 04:41:15 PM »

i can cope with the whiners and persistent complaining to a cretain extent.................

what i dont fucking like is the bottle throwing retards, i was unlucky enough to get a 2ltr bottle of water thrown at the back of my head when i was at the barriers at donny.... or maybe i should be thankful it was only water maybe?  hihi

wembley-91'  leeds-02'  donington-06'  sheffield-06'  leeds-10'  manchester-10'  manchester-12' - donington 18' -and i finally met Axl !
Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2009, 05:07:20 PM »

I wish we had some shows to go to.

Damn.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2009, 05:14:30 PM »

Damn.

QFT

Fingers crossed for Spring/summer

Annie
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2009, 06:17:57 PM »

Damn.

QFT

Me too. I'd be happy to hop a plane to VEGAS or NYC to see a warm up show!
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »

^^I know so would I.. I really really wish they'd announce some dates.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

Damn.

QFT

As long as Axl starts the show at 8pm sharp right?

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2009, 07:10:31 PM »

As many as people as possible should attend the next tour shows. ok

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2009, 07:18:42 PM »

Damn.

QFT

Uh huh, and does something about his singing ability. I mean his voice ain't what it used to be. Tongue

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2009, 07:22:39 PM »

You want the show to start at 9PM, but you love the electricity and excitement not knowing if the band will be on at 9:30 or 10:30.

/jarmo
[/quote]
That's week...11:12:00 is more like it..And it SUCKS!!! But it is Axl N' GN'R so I put up w/ it w/ a smile..
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

Damn.

QFT

If its a weekend, I'll go no matter if they play at 4am. Through the week though, unless it's summer, I wouldn't be able to...............

I'm just sayin, standing around or sitting in a seat for 2 hours, especially when u are like me and don't drink... just not fun. once they came out it would be awesome and worth it, but I'd be pretty tired.

I remember the first time I saw Prince, I had to wake up at 6:30 AM and get ready for High School and we had to leave and drive 3 hours to Lexington to see him.

time I went to school all day and then made that long ass drive............ He came out 1 hour late and to be honest, I was so tired, I still enjoyed it, don't get me wrong, but not as much as I did a few years ago when I saw him again fresher.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: