Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:56:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75232 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2009, 07:56:08 PM »

Like the people who constantly complain about the late starts...Should stay home. 

People who comlaint about Axl's singing ability...Should stay home too!

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers and it really ruins it for the people who want to hear about positive things about the shows  ok

Agreed.

I cannot understand how people expect Axl to sound any better at his age than he did on the last tour. I'm hoping he sounds that good if/when they get back to touring.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #61 on: January 17, 2009, 02:27:24 AM »

Like the people who constantly complain about the late starts...Should stay home. 

Last tour there was an abundance of complainers and it really ruins it for the people who want to hear about positive things about the shows  ok

Agreed.

I cannot understand how people expect Axl to sound any better at his age than he did on the last tour. I'm hoping he sounds that good if/when they get back to touring.

When it comes to being late, that's just Axl's thing, but this..

I'm really big fan of some other bands with great singers like him. They get the same kind of shit from some of their fans about singing on tour. So I don't think this is about Axl really, it's about those fans.. As one of them said "You can not please everyone".

One thing we as fans don't always seem to realize is how much hard work the band has put into touring - all that travelling and putting themselves out there to give us the best show possible night after night. For us it may be just a one show but for them it's months and months of that. And the musicians do get the vibe -both good and bad -  from their audience. You might think that your night got ruined because show started late or singing wasn't what you wanted it to be.. Have you thought that the artist's night might have gotten ruined because all of that negative response from the audience ? Sometimes that takes just one person in a front row with a 'blank' stare (like 'I'm bored with this, could not care less') ..and here I'm speaking of something that has actually happened.

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #62 on: January 17, 2009, 01:08:51 PM »

I have a life outside of seeing bands : work, family, that kind of thing. Work means I can afford to buy tickets for shows.

And that means that when a band comes on at midnight and ends at 2:15am, and I have to be at work in 5 hours 45 minutes, that I feel the band are not respecting the audience. That's my opinion.

For GNR i'd book the day off work the next day, but there aren't many days off going around, and that hurts.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #63 on: January 17, 2009, 01:46:38 PM »

I have a life outside of seeing bands : work, family, that kind of thing. Work means I can afford to buy tickets for shows.

And that means that when a band comes on at midnight and ends at 2:15am, and I have to be at work in 5 hours 45 minutes, that I feel the band are not respecting the audience. That's my opinion.

For GNR i'd book the day off work the next day, but there aren't many days off going around, and that hurts.

well, here's your simple solution... don't go to the show.  i won't miss you.  i'm sure axl won't miss you either. 

all some people want to do is moan and complain. 
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #64 on: January 17, 2009, 02:04:56 PM »

I'm happy to see GnR whenever and however I possibly can.   
erose
Legend

Live ?!'@ Like A Suicide

« Reply #65 on: January 17, 2009, 02:46:30 PM »

No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to find anything that sucked about the time I spent waiting for GN'R to go on in Lisbon, Oslo, Roskilde or London.

I mean those were, for me, the most exciting and tense moments of my GN'R career. Those moments spent with friends and fellow fans, just not knowing whats going to happen and then, finally, being fuckin' blown away by the presence and the sound of the best fuckin' band in the world! Sheer brilliance!

ooooo I got thirsty.... I stood in line... I had to piss... I stood in line... the last train left... more money getting home...

WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU? How dare you?  confused

And D. Of all, that you couldn't find a way to get to a GN'R gig on the last tour is just beyond believe. Are you in jail? hihi

How often do you get to see GN'R live in concert? Take the time and money. It's worth it.

victory or death

even if it costs ?9.50
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #66 on: January 17, 2009, 03:45:05 PM »

How is it impossible to have a punctual show of rock n roll rebellion?

I have been to hundreds of concerts and most tend to start near the announced time.  Are these bands lesser rebels because they own watches and respect their fans?  I don't think the 2 are mutually exclusive.

I was under the impression that the whole idea behind rock n' roll was to do things your way...

I'm sure those bands are all very professional, but sometimes you get the feeling they're just up there doing a job without a lot of emotion going into it.

I'm not saying they don't love playing their music in front of an audience. But when everything is kinda scripted in advance like that, you are bound to lose something.

Like any other job. You do it because you have to. Not always because you want to.

Lets say u have a limited budget. would u risk hundreds of dollars on gas,tickets,hotel, food etc and then something like Vancouver or Philly happen?

Or, the thing that happened to all the other shows might happen!

You get to see a concert you'll never forget.

Which happens to be the more likely scenario.

/jarmo

Those people need to realize that they can't always get what they want....

You want rock n' roll, but you want it nicely packaged.

You want rebellion, but you want it on time.

What was so rock n roll about the last gnr tour?

Same set list and pretty much the same order.

Atleast with the 02 tour it had a wtf element to it with Bucket handing out toys and nun chuck solos and Robins looks and moves...guitarists crashing into each other etc

And who cant forget Axls memorable rants and tangents on that tour?

The 06 tour he didnt say much and the setlist was far from the gnr/rnr spirit. Plus Axl was too into fashion and stuff on this tour. Societys elite! 02 he could careless

So Gnr did things their way. But in the end it was basically the same as any act but a few hrs later(I dont mind the waiting, I like it) and of course much better songs

When Axl goes back to his rants and unpredicatble set lists is when the gnr and rnr spirit will be back.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 03:55:57 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #67 on: January 17, 2009, 04:14:10 PM »

well, here's your simple solution... don't go to the show.  i won't miss you.  i'm sure axl won't miss you either. 

that's typical line, isn't it? Anyone who dares have any commitments outside of staying up to 2am to see a show and anyone who has to work the next morning are doing it just so they can moan and complain? You really think people who paid up to $175 to see a band that disappeared for seven years and didn't stick out an album for 15 years* are spending that money and time just so they can moan and complain? Or do you think they're people who think that GNR are like almost every other band on the planet and they will finish around 10.30-11.00pm?

At the shows I have been at PLENTY of people were very vocal at the fact they weren't on stage until 11pm, and were VERY annoyed that they had to go to a gig, yet didn't see what they paid for because of work / babysitters / whatever? I knew what was coming, but plenty didn't.

Is your opinion of humanity really so one-dimensional that those people are just moaners and complainers? Most people don't want things to complain about.  I know how GNR gigs play out and what time they finish and plan accordingly. Plenty of other people don't know. That doesn't make them moaners or complainers.

*this is what most people who don't live on the Internet thought until November 22nd.

"the optimist believes we live in the best of all possible worlds ; the pessimist fears this is true"
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #68 on: January 17, 2009, 04:30:24 PM »

When Axl goes back to his rants and unpredicatble set lists is when the gnr and rnr spirit will be back.

So what you are saying is that Axl has to do rants regularly (be predictable in that sense) yet the set list has to be unpredictable ?   Wink

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #69 on: January 17, 2009, 05:00:28 PM »

It was GN'R.

So basically everything people whined about.

Same set list? They play what they fucking want instead of trying to please some Internet geek who isn't at the show.

"Late" starts? They go on when they're ready to give it all.

Fashion? Axl wears what he wants, always has. Not what you think he should be wearing. And since when has that been important to you anyway?

No rants? He doesn't pretend to have something to say when he doesn't just to please you. It's authentic.

So basically everything about it was rock n' roll.  ok

No matter how you wanna twist things around, GN'R is one of the last real rock bands around.

A lot of other bands might be marketed as one, but it's easy to see who the real deal is.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #70 on: January 17, 2009, 05:10:42 PM »

It was GN'R.

So basically everything people whined about.

Same set list? They play what they fucking want instead of trying to please some Internet geek who isn't at the show.

Fashion? Axl wears what he wants, always has. Not what you think he should be wearing. And since when has that been important to you anyway?

No rants? He doesn't pretend to have something to say when he doesn't just to please you. It's authentic.

So basically everything about it was rock n' roll.  ok

No matter how you wanna twist things around, GN'R is one of the last real rock bands around.

A lot of other bands might be marketed as one, but it's easy to see who the real deal is.

/jarmo

Exactly ! younggunner why are you here on this board if your just gonna talk shit about GnR ?  I really liked the 06 tour alot better than 02.  That isn't the point though, the point is GnR does what it wants to do, when it wants to do it.  If you don't like it, then guess what keep watching those bootlegs of years past and listening to AFD.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #71 on: January 17, 2009, 05:26:58 PM »

that's typical line, isn't it? Anyone who dares have any commitments outside of staying up to 2am to see a show and anyone who has to work the next morning are doing it just so they can moan and complain? You really think people who paid up to $175 to see a band that disappeared for seven years and didn't stick out an album for 15 years* are spending that money and time just so they can moan and complain? Or do you think they're people who think that GNR are like almost every other band on the planet and they will finish around 10.30-11.00pm?

At the shows I have been at PLENTY of people were very vocal at the fact they weren't on stage until 11pm, and were VERY annoyed that they had to go to a gig, yet didn't see what they paid for because of work / babysitters / whatever? I knew what was coming, but plenty didn't.

Is your opinion of humanity really so one-dimensional that those people are just moaners and complainers? Most people don't want things to complain about.  I know how GNR gigs play out and what time they finish and plan accordingly. Plenty of other people don't know. That doesn't make them moaners or complainers.

*this is what most people who don't live on the Internet thought until November 22nd.

feel better? 

the simple truth is that is how a gnr show will go.  love it or leave it.  no amount of complaining on the interent is going to change anything.  it's like do you think axl will read this and say, 'oh okay... because this one guy doesn't like staying up late for a rock concert, then i'll just go on before i'm ready and give everyone else a shitty performance.' 

i can't believe you can be that selfish.  axl has one responbility:  axl.  not you, not any other person complaining and moaning about every little thing that they don't like 100 percent.  you know what you're getting into when you buy a ticket for a show.  so either buy the ticket and accept it, or don't buy a ticket.  you can stay home and listen to chinese democracy and make absolutely sure it's over by 10 o'clock so you can tuck yourself into beddy bed.

Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #72 on: January 17, 2009, 05:38:36 PM »

(nearly) the same setlists surely aint rock n roll.
rants are  ok

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #73 on: January 17, 2009, 05:55:42 PM »

(nearly) the same setlists surely aint rock n roll.

As I said, playing what they want instead of worrying about what you want is.  ok

I guess they weren't rock n' roll back in the 80s either according to you.  Tongue

"I'm thankful to be here and I'm thankful that you are here tonight. We do our best to come out here and put everything we got into it and give you the best show we can. I just want, not necessarily you, to know. Now I don't have anything necessarily against, some of the bootlegs, photos tapes and all this kind of deal. But the people that are bitching, about "the setlist, they got the same setlist". It's some fuckhead from Iowa who doesn't even go to a show. I don't care about them. I don't do one song, not one note, not one God damn thing". 

- Axl

That's rock n' roll.  Smiley

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 06:07:14 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #74 on: January 17, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

I've never found GN'R being late a problem.

Find a late club, book a hotel, enjoy the night. It's all possible even when you get older.

When I was younger, if I was strapped for cash, we got alcohol from the local shop, found a local car park, and we enjoyed ourselves there until the transport came on again. Great memories.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2009, 06:07:32 PM »

Erose: They came no where remotely close to me in 06. they had a Nashville date booked, and I was gonna go but it go cancelled for whatever reason.

If they ever come to Atlanta or Nashville, I will be there.

The thing with GNR is, They should be on the Bon Jovi, U2, Metallica, Madonna, Prince, Rolling Stones Touring level but in the US there shows are usually half full.

U have to wonder why that is? I personally think the going on late is a BIG reason for that.

If they don't mind the empty seats, that is fine though. They can do whatever they want.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2009, 07:27:09 PM »

Im sure the majority of people who throw there two cents into the mix go to the shows. How can you argue it wasnt the same setlist?

No complaints from me on that one. I have no problem with the starting times.

You are correct, I could care less with what he wears. I brought it up because people were comparing gnr to other acts. I brought up the fashion part because the 2006 tour seemed more like a polished product, like most other acts, than I was accustomed too in 2002 and from watching the old school boots. The fashion stuff kind of correlates with that.

As for the rants...of course I wouldnt want or expect Axl to rant just to rant. But in 06 he just seemed different than in years past. Just my opinion.

agreed. Axl is one of the last true rock stars. There are no rock stars these days. My only point is that until Gnr have a more unpredictable set, like they used to, you cant say its 100% rnr.

That isn't the point though, the point is GnR does what it wants to do, when it wants to do it.  If you don't like it, then guess what keep watching those bootlegs of years past and listening to AFD.
Yada  yada yada. Your actually making my point. Why do people say other acts are robotic and not rnr when they do the same stuff in terms of setlist as GNR? But GNR are doing things there way...yet the other acts are not??? Contradiction if you ask me.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
markreed
Rocker

« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2009, 07:32:08 PM »

feel better? 

the simple truth is that is how a gnr show will go.  love it or leave it.  no amount of complaining on the interent is going to change anything.  it's like do you think axl will read this and say, 'oh okay... because this one guy doesn't like staying up late for a rock concert, then i'll just go on before i'm ready and give everyone else a shitty performance.' 

i can't believe you can be that selfish.  axl has one responbility:  axl.  not you, not any other person complaining and moaning about every little thing that they don't like 100 percent.  you know what you're getting into when you buy a ticket for a show.  so either buy the ticket and accept it, or don't buy a ticket.  you can stay home and listen to chinese democracy and make absolutely sure it's over by 10 o'clock so you can tuck yourself into beddy bed.

I'm not talking about me, but people who aren't me, by the way.

Loads of people don't have a clue GNR run on a different clock.

But my perspective on this is relatively straightforward : you pay me... and then maybe I'll take into account what you want and when you want it. Does Axl do shows for free?

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2009, 07:42:00 PM »

Im sure the majority of people who throw there two cents into the mix go to the shows. How can you argue it wasnt the same setlist?

Because it wasn't the same.

This is ridiculous.

Because you can't please everyone and it's way better to do what you think is right instead of worrying what those who don't attend the show think of it.

You are correct, I could care less with what he wears. I brought it up because people were comparing gnr to other acts. I brought up the fashion part because the 2006 tour seemed more like a polished product, like most other acts, than I was accustomed too in 2002 and from watching the old school boots. The fashion stuff kind of correlates with that. 

Yeah, and the Versace stuff in the 90s wasn't?

Of all the observations....

As for the rants...of course I wouldnt want or expect Axl to rant just to rant. But in 06 he just seemed different than in years past. Just my opinion.

Yeah, to me it looked like he was having fun.

My only point is that until Gnr have a more unpredictable set, like they used to, you cant say its 100% rnr.

What makes you the judge of what's rock n' roll and what's not? Did you go to rock n' roll high school and got a diploma?

Maybe to me GN'R is the embodiment of rock n' roll.

Because they've always done things their way, no matter how many "younggunners" object to it.

I don't care what they play as long as they play it because they want to.

I like all GN'R songs so for me, I'll be happy either way.

And no matter what songs they play, I'll get an awesome show without the need to find things to complain about.

/jarmo

Layne Staley's Sunglasses
Satisfaction Guaranteed
Legend

« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2009, 07:51:33 PM »

I went to four gigs and I always got different songs and a different order.

GN'R tours sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much right?

Most people only go to one show.  So if your schedule is a little off for one day, that is something to cry about, right?

Why does God have to treat people so bad?

Roll Eyes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: