Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 09:35:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75229 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2009, 07:58:46 PM »

Because it wasn't the same.
could gnr fans in the early 90's predict a gnr setlist on a given night? or the order of songs?

What makes you the judge of what's rock n' roll and what's not? Did you go to rock n' roll high school and got a diploma?

Maybe to me GN'R is the embodiment of rock n' roll.

Because they've always done things their way, no matter how many "younggunners" object to it.
Im not judging anything. I didnt start this thread. Im not proclaiming to be the be all end all when it comes to rnr. Because Im not. Not even close. But the whole Gnr does things there way thing doesnt exactely hold true in a concert setting when comparing them to other acts. My problem isnt with Gnr its with fans who denounce other rock shows when in reality, aside from going on later, GNR have the same set list formula.

Its funny you ask that question though. I have asked you the same question for quite some time now regarding what makes you the judge of who is a fan of the band and who isnt.

don't care what they play as long as they play it because they want to.

I like all GN'R songs so for me, I'll be happy either way.

And no matter what songs they play, I'll get an awesome show without the need to find things to complain about.

I generally feel the same as well. But when your shelling out your time and money you would hope the set list eventually changes. I think it will for the next tour so it should be great.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 08:02:02 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2009, 08:52:03 PM »

I went to four gigs and I always got different songs and a different order.

GN'R tours sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much right?

Most people only go to one show.  So if your schedule is a little off for one day, that is something to cry about, right?

Why does God have to treat people so bad?

Roll Eyes

I know.

It's horrible!

Same old shit.

"We want a tour, we don't want a tour, we want an album, we want a tour, we don't want those songs to be played, we want that guy to play guitar, we want Axl to speak, we don't want him to say that...."

could gnr fans in the early 90's predict a gnr setlist on a given night? or the order of songs?

Depends.

Some shows were similar.

Mr. Brownstone was often the second song for example.

By the way, the 90s ended some time ago. I don't know why you expect things to stay the same...

But the whole Gnr does things there way thing doesnt exactely hold true in a concert setting when comparing them to other acts.

Yes it does. Until they go out and say "we're gonna play what the people who don't attend this show wants us to play".

My problem isnt with Gnr its with fans who denounce other rock shows when in reality, aside from going on later, GNR have the same set list formula.

Yeah, the formula is: We play what we feel like, don't like it, well fuck you.

Smiley

Its funny you ask that question though. I have asked you the same question for quite some time now regarding what makes you the judge of who is a fan of the band and who isnt.

Is it funny?

Well the truth is, I can decide who my site is aimed at.

Not you.

So with that decision in mind, I can tell people that they might not be the kind of fans I'm doing this for.

Maybe you don't personify my idea of what a fan is. It's my opinion.

I believe I'm entitled to have one.

But when your shelling out your time and money you would hope the set list eventually changes.

Well if it's such a concern, save you money and valuable time.

You can always read the setlists online and make your complaints.

No matter what they play, it'll never be perfect for some of you.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2009, 09:28:05 PM »

"Yeah, the formula is: We play what we feel like, don't like it, well fuck you."

what a great formula!! so they felt (about) exactly the same each show from 2001 on to start with jungle, easy, brownstone and only to play kohd, nr, ycbm and lald from the 30 songs illusion albums and rarely adding anything different? yeah, true rock n roll, sure. switching the songs more and leaving out the hits would be! but -even when having the big song catalgue- they decided not to do that and just because they did it is rock n roll? yeah, f*ck me, jesus! everything they do is rock n roll, off course it is, its Axl!. and this is coming from a fan who has been goin to several shows. constructive critism isnt a bad thing!

Re-Union time, baby!!
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2009, 09:42:51 PM »

"Yeah, the formula is: We play what we feel like, don't like it, well fuck you."

what a great formula!! so they felt (about) exactly the same each show from 2001 on to start with jungle, easy, brownstone and only to play kohd, nr, ycbm and lald from the 30 songs illusion albums and rarely adding anything different? yeah, true rock n roll, sure. switching the songs more and leaving out the hits would be! but -even when having the big song catalgue- they decided not to do that and just because they did it is rock n roll? yeah, f*ck me, jesus! everything they do is rock n roll, off course it is, its Axl!. and this is coming from a fan who has been goin to several shows. constructive critism isnt a bad thing!

Yeah, I'm sure they felt like playing those songs at the shows since they did.

Do you think they played Liquor & Whores because there was a huge demand among GN'R fans to hear it?

If they wanna add different songs for the next tour, that'll be cool. If not, that's be cool too because I know they're doing what is right for them.

And when you do what you feel is right, that's when you get the best results.

Constructive criticism is welcome.

Too bad you don't offer any right here in your posts. Or in that thread either which is ironic since you're the one bringing up the whole constructive criticism thing.

The whole thing isn't about ideas, it's more about complaints. Hardly what I'd consider constructive.

/jarmo
« Last Edit: January 17, 2009, 09:44:23 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2009, 03:10:33 AM »

no, Jarmo! the point is that "formula" simply doesnt justify nearly the same setlists since 2001 but is used to do so in here. it probably would fit if they really would play that way which logically would result in much more different setlists and orders each night. but using this formular your way every band is fitting this Rock N Roll category.....so that surely doesnt and cant work out. my last post might have sounded a little harsh, ok....but thats simply more the reaction of the use for the lame formula in this case.

as for me not posting in that "welcome"-link for my wish setlist is that i simply dont have one. i just would like to have them switched a lot because thats what fits rock n roll much more and thats the reason why i just jumped in this discussion in here. further a changing setlist couldnt hurt the fans and the band much anyway.
basically that is was my setlist talking was all about from the start. if you call it complaints thats your decision, i think we could meet in the middle somewhere.

back to the topic i dont think anyone has the right to excluse some ticket buyers.

Re-Union time, baby!!
H76
Headliner

Human Being

« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2009, 06:00:25 AM »

Same old shit.

"We want a tour, we don't want a tour, we want an album, we want a tour, we don't want those songs to be played, we want that guy to play guitar, we want Axl to speak, we don't want him to say that...."

/jarmo

For what I've watched these GNR boards over the years some fans seem to want to put Axl under custody. He does not seem to get anything right..  Wink if you believe everything you read that is. It's one thing to discuss our differences and totally something else to go crazy over these matters and put demands on Axl. There's no way we can always agree with him on everything but then again we don't know the whole story and are not the ones in charge.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 06:41:13 AM by H76 » Logged

Begin to see yourself as a soul with a body rather than a body with a soul. ~ Wayne Dyer ~
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2009, 08:38:27 AM »

dear complaining haters:

maybe it's not that simple to mix up the set list every night.  that would mean the band would have to learn new songs, and what about the teleprompter?  how's the teleprompter guy going to be able to get axl the lyrics if he doesn't know what's going to be played next?  it might not be that easy for axl to just say, 'okay boys, let's rip into civil war.'  there's so much work and planning that goes on behind teh scenes for a major touring act like gnr.  it's not like they're a bar band or something.

personally, i hope on the OFFICIAL chinese democracy world tour, they only play chinese democracy.  after everyone's waited so long to hear this amazing album, it almost seems criminal to play anything BUT chinese democracy.  even if they have to play the whole album twice.  i could tolerate an encore with a few of the 'greatest hits,' but this next tour should be a celebration of all the blood, sweat and tears this band has put into their music.
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2009, 12:56:00 PM »

no, Jarmo! the point is that "formula" simply doesnt justify nearly the same setlists since 2001 but is used to do so in here. it probably would fit if they really would play that way which logically would result in much more different setlists and orders each night. but using this formular your way every band is fitting this Rock N Roll category.....so that surely doesnt and cant work out. my last post might have sounded a little harsh, ok....but thats simply more the reaction of the use for the lame formula in this case.

That's true. If you just use that one thing as a "rule" for what's rock n' roll.

If you just say that having a setlist is rock n' roll, then most artists are.

But that wasn't my point.

The point is that GN'R does things their way. Including playing what they wanna play.

And that is essentially what rock n' roll is about (for me at least).

back to the topic i dont think anyone has the right to excluse some ticket buyers.

No.

But you gotta be honest.

Some people would probably be better off saving their parents money....

/jarmo

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2009, 02:35:21 PM »

You know what I didn't get on the last tour? People being angry with the new band. Example; many times through the show in Detroit there were alot of people giving the finger to Richard, Tommy, Robin & Ron as they would be playing solos and what not. There were a few people trying to scream "YOU'RE NOT SLASH!" at Robin several times.

I'm not even joking, these people were serious about it. I honestly can't imagine spending $80 on a concert when I'm fully aware of who is playing and then act as if I'm upset when it actually happens.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
GNR4L
Legend

GnFnR

« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2009, 02:42:27 PM »

You know what I didn't get on the last tour? People being angry with the new band. Example; many times through the show in Detroit there were alot of people giving the finger to Richard, Tommy, Robin & Ron as they would be playing solos and what not. There were a few people trying to scream "YOU'RE NOT SLASH!" at Robin several times.

I'm not even joking, these people were serious about it. I honestly can't imagine spending $80 on a concert when I'm fully aware of who is playing and then act as if I'm upset when it actually happens.

I suppose those so called fan's have been in a closet or a cave the last 10 years.  They see oh Guns N' Roses is coming, so they show up and its the new lineup. It's pretty funny how they don't keep up with their favorite band.  You think they would but they don't, I had this happen to some people by me when I saw GnR back in 2006.  I felt like saying IF YOU WANNA SEE SLASH GO SEE VELVET REVOLVER.

12/10/2006 Everett, WA
12/16/2011 Seattle, WA
12/17/2011 Vancouver B.C.
11/24/2012 Las Vegas, NV
5/21/2014 Las Vegas, NV
4/8/2016   Las Vegas, NV
4/9/2016   Las Vegas, NV
8/12/2016 Seattle, WA
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2009, 02:50:52 PM »

I suppose those so called fan's have been in a closet or a cave the last 10 years.  They see oh Guns N' Roses is coming, so they show up and its the new lineup. It's pretty funny how they don't keep up with their favorite band.  You think they would but they don't, I had this happen to some people by me when I saw GnR back in 2006.  I felt like saying IF YOU WANNA SEE SLASH GO SEE VELVET REVOLVER.

I can't believe that people are still going to a GNR expecting to see Slash, it's amazing.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2009, 03:06:15 PM »

even so they wouldn't get angry or shout at the band would they if they were there for music.

abuse / bottle throwing bitches aren't welcome to the next tour.
that's the kind of audience I can't stand. not just at GNR shows. they're there to ruin the show for fans.
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2009, 04:54:32 PM »

What was so rock n roll about the last gnr tour?

It was GN'R.

So basically everything people whined about.

Same set list? They play what they fucking want instead of trying to please some Internet geek who isn't at the show.
They seem to be playing the big hits, whuch they should..
"Late" starts? They go on when they're ready to give it all.
is it when they are ready, or when Axl is ready?
Fashion? Axl wears what he wants, always has. Not what you think he should be wearing. And since when has that been important to you anyway?
C'mon...It's fashionable..Not as though Axl picks something random out, he wears the same stuff show after show, not much differant than KISS and there costumes.

No rants? He doesn't pretend to have something to say when he doesn't just to please you. It's authentic.
The rants were often repeated and not a random thought....Kind of like wrestling matches from the 80's. My fav.was about beating up an alcoholic 16 year old..

So basically everything about it was rock n' roll.  ok

No matter how you wanna twist things around, GN'R is one of the last real rock bands around.

A lot of other bands might be marketed as one, but it's easy to see who the real deal is.

/jarmo

I'm ready for another tour..I dont mind the same set list, because the setlist is THAT DAMN GOOD!!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2009, 05:00:48 PM »

I do agree playing the exact same setlist with the exact same order of songs isn't exactly playing what u feel like. It is called a rehearsed set list.

Isn't a big deal or that important but when GNR break out Coma or Estranged live, that is some change up rock n roll shit.

Playing 10/12th of Appetite cause that is what most people remember isn't playing only what "you" feel like.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 05:02:36 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »

For the record, they didn't play the exact same set in same order evry nite in 2006/2007.

even tho it was the same GNR classic, it sounded somewhat different each nite.

and don't forget the jams, solos and covers not to mention irs better, twat,

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2009, 05:50:35 PM »

I do agree playing the exact same setlist with the exact same order of songs isn't exactly playing what u feel like. It is called a rehearsed set list.

So you're saying they didn't rehearse the songs they wanted to play... Right....

Even if they did play the same exact songs in the same exact order every night, do you only watch a great movie once and then you're done with it?

I'll give you an example. The shows I saw in Japan in 2007 might seem all the same if you just sit there by your computer reading the setlist. But if you were at those shows you'd know they were different.

The crowds aren't the same, the band isn't a bunch of robots.

Or take the European tour in 2006. There's something about seeing GN'R in sunlight that you just don't get by reading the setlist.

Playing 10/12th of Appetite cause that is what most people remember isn't playing only what "you" feel like.

How would you know?

/jarmo

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2009, 06:12:38 PM »

If u read what I said, I said there isn't anything wrong with it.

U are acting like they still get on stage with no setlist like back in the Illusion days and just play what they feel and that clearly hasn't been the case.

I am not saying anything negative towards GNR, they can do that everynight if they want and that is fine.

I, however, am pointing out what you and some others are saying as not being accurate when you say they play what they want and that is RNR like back in the day.

They clearly rehearsed a certain order and perform the songs in the exact order every show which is no different than any other band.

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2009, 06:23:15 PM »

U are acting like they still get on stage with no setlist like back in the Illusion days and just play what they feel and that clearly hasn't been the case.

Good observation!

Unfortunately you're wrong again.

I, however, am pointing out what you and some others are saying as not being accurate when you say they play what they want and that is RNR like back in the day.

I see. You read what you want to read.

Whatever I say, you'll see what you want in it.

So answer me this: Who picked the songs GN'R picked for the past tours?

Did you beg them to play Liquor & Whores? How about You Gotta Move? Was that something the fans rallied for? Down On The Farm must've won some poll somewhere!

They do what they want to do. They play what they want to play.

That's rock n' roll.

How more simple can I explain it so you'll understand?

I'm not saying the setlist makes the band rock n' roll. It's the reasoning behind it.

This is why Bon Jovi is not rock n' roll.  Smiley

/jarmo

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2009, 06:27:09 PM »

Its very simple Jarmo. You cannot compare the old gnr setlist formula to the current one. Its not that big of a deal but thats the way it is.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2009, 06:29:28 PM »

Why bring Bon Jovi into this? U obviously don't have a clue on that front so I'll let u slide. U will never find two setlists identical on any of their past tours. They play more obscure stuff than anyone. Hell one can say doing a country album is one of the more Rock N Roll things u can do cause that is taking a huge risk.

2002 was the same order every single show.

2006, yeah they added a couple new songs here and there, but u are acting like they are the only band in the history of the universe that plays a few different songs every show.

Hell Bon Jovi let the crowd pick the encore.

I have no problem with their setlist. I have a problem with you acting like they are the only band in the history of the world to play a different obscure every once in awhile in concert.

On the bon jovi front, they'd do a jukebox medley everynight mixed in with one of their songs. And u never knew night from night what covers they were going to throw out.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: