Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 10:39:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Dead Horse
| | |-+  There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Down Print
Author Topic: There are certain people who should not attend the next tour shows!  (Read 75238 times)
Nytunz
Legend

Spiral Out.....

« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2009, 03:16:55 PM »

I agree why do people spend money on shows when they don't like the band?

Daddy pays!

/jarmo

Nothing bad with parents paying theyr 16 year olds for a tickit.. I would do the same for my kids. If people complain about stuff like "going on to late", "Axls voice", "no Slash" they should stay at home or go to a Velvet Revolver Concert... Tongue

Or at least shut up, and dont bother other GnR fans with theyr fucking complaining...

Nytunz.blogspot.com

DONT YOU TRY TO STOP US NOW!!

CENSORSHIP IS A CANCER..
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2009, 03:24:34 PM »

My point is they did fine in the early days supporting bands and going onstage on time....they did great at the Freddie Mercury gig etc etc etc......and when you are letting the young fans down, making life difficult for the older working fans, probably irritating your staff that dont want to work overtime, costing your band money etc....I just think its time to harden up a tad .

I only replied to the thread because the attitude that casual fans, who arent aware that Axl goes on late 'shouldnt attend'. I think these people have a right to be a little miffed. As I said I personally couldnt care less, I do however think the reasons given for late starts are quite soft.

I cant see why anybody here can disagree with this like he says he couldn't care less and neither could I, It is not in the best interest of the band to go on so late as per the reasons stated above, id also like to add that GNR going on 2 hours dosnt seem too bad, but for myself and others out there that have to travel to the gigs this amounts to missing all forms of transport to get home and end up being stranded at train stations all night it kinda deflates the occasion a tad.
I see bands regular and most co-ordinate show to allow for transport, the only other exception was the fratellis when Celtic are in the champions league!

My only argument is "it is what it is".

I mean I know this is how GNR operates, I've known it for years. So everytime I see them I know to make arrangements ahead of time to take care of myself.

Some may say "Isn't that dumb though? Why should you have to make arrangements just to see a band?", my answer to that is "I don't have to".

For me, the 2 hours that GNR are on stage have outweighed all the negative each and every time. Until a time occurs when I feel otherwise then I'll still be going.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2009, 04:09:06 PM »

Who cares about the same setlist? Fuck, most bands play same setlists...and make some 'little' changes during the tour... what is so wrong about that?
Gnr never followed that trend back in the day

Ofcourse, if you watch 3-4 gigs in the same tour, you will have probably a same setlist, but that's your choice. You can't expect a band to change their setlist every show...
The setlists from the older tours could not be recited like they could have been at new gnr shows.

GN'R is one of the last true rockbands out there! Respect it or fuck off!!

In many respects you are absolutely correct. But in terms of set list "formula" they are no different than any other band

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2009, 04:42:02 PM »

If people complain about stuff like "going on to late", "Axls voice", "no Slash" they should stay at home or go to a Velvet Revolver Concert..

[bI agree wth the part about people wanting Slash should stay home. But the "going on late" is a legitimate gripe. Complaining about Axl's voice is as well. Any lead singer runs into that problem. I've heard awful clips, and I've heard amazing clips. I for one am not crazy about the LIVE ERA material. I have GN'R bootlegs that sound better.[/b]

The Prez
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »

Who cares about the same setlist? Fuck, most bands play same setlists...and make some 'little' changes during the tour... what is so wrong about that?
Gnr never followed that trend back in the day

Ofcourse, if you watch 3-4 gigs in the same tour, you will have probably a same setlist, but that's your choice. You can't expect a band to change their setlist every show...
The setlists from the older tours could not be recited like they could have been at new gnr shows.

I remember the setlists from the illusions tour, they also played a lot of the same for some gigs...

There is a difference between the opinion of the majority and the thruth...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2009, 05:31:17 PM »

I remember the setlists from the illusions tour, they also played a lot of the same for some gigs...

Yeah.

If you read any setlists from like 1993, you'd notice that the starting song was often It's So Easy or Welcome To The Jungle. Occasionally they used Nightrain.

You can see trends in them if you look at the setlists. The acoustic part was often similar from show to show etc.

The sets didn't vary as much as some like to remember.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Albert S Miller
Legend

Simply can't get much better than this!!!

« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2009, 11:21:17 PM »

You may be a current fan, Smiley you may be an old fan, Smiley hell you might be fans of both, Smiley you may be and old fan and have forgotten about them until now, Smiley you may belong to a web for GNR and maybe you don't, ok ANYBODY in any catagory who calls themselves a fan whether it be old or new, certainly knows and or should have learned by now, Axl marches to the beat of his own drum, Cool it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone, he takes the stage late most of the time, Shocked so if you work, you take the next day off, yes if you have children you make arrangements, Roll Eyes free yourself of your commitments, because now it's all about you and the show, nothing else matters, cuz you know when Axl and Co hit that stage at what ever fricken time it is, it's gonna be nothing but pure magic to your eyes and ears,  Cool and if you have a problem with that, or the above mentioned do not work out for you, well.....you probably don't belong at the show, and if in fact, you may be one of those who don't attend at all, but sit home and bitch behind your computer screen, remember, Axl has said he is not playing for you anyway.

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
y2marmar
Headliner

I love the chosen one...

« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2009, 07:19:10 AM »

^^^ THANK YOU!! THats's what I've been trying to say all along. Any self respecting fan should know that Axl Rose has always done what he wants, the way he wants to. Always has, always will. So why is it still such a shock? If you're going to a gnr show, you expect a late start, possible intervals, pauses for rants, obscenities, shouting etc. Its all part and parcel of the GnR experience. If you don't want that, don't go. If you do go, and aren't happy with the way Axl handle things, don't come back shouting at us, we don't give a shit. We know what Axl is like, its what we've come to expect.

Jean Claude Jaquatee...because you know who you are...when you're you
IKnowWhereIAM
VIP

Out of the shadows, into...Hell?

« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2009, 08:00:28 PM »

^^^ THANK YOU!! THats's what I've been trying to say all along. Any self respecting fan should know that Axl Rose has always done what he wants, the way he wants to. Always has, always will. So why is it still such a shock? If you're going to a gnr show, you expect a late start, possible intervals, pauses for rants, obscenities, shouting etc. Its all part and parcel of the GnR experience. If you don't want that, don't go. If you do go, and aren't happy with the way Axl handle things, don't come back shouting at us, we don't give a shit. We know what Axl is like, its what we've come to expect.
Sounds like you get your moneys worth to me!  It's all part of the show.  The only way it would bother me is if the venue shut down concessions, and I had to sit for 2 hours without beer.  I can't wait to actually go...closest I have come is the PPV Paris (I think) concert...never been to a show.

"I have no comment, for the record, but don't quote me on that"
Jarrod
Opening Act

« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2009, 06:44:37 AM »

People who complain about late starts need to fuck off. If they dont already know about Axl's late starts, fan or not, need to perhaps at least learn a little about the band theyre going to see. Besides, when the band came on about an hour and a half maybe 2 hours late at Eastern Creek it was awsome. People were having fun...and then when those big red letters flashed across the big screen... GUNS N ROSES....Man, the electricity that could be felt when the crowd simply exploded into cheers as the band took the stage was amazing and worth the wait alone!!!

As for set lists...Id not give a damn if the band played the same songs at every concert I attend, Id still get excited...I mean, Ive only ever been to one GnR concert (Eastern Creek, Sydney, Australia 1993) and at the end of the concert I wished I could watch it again, and again and again.

These things being said, I dont think people should be banned from a GnR concert. I mean, if some fuck-wit wants to complain about late starts, then great, let them, its a free country after all...Just so long as they realise that they might piss off about 10,000 people standing close by. If some bitch wants to scream that she wants Slash or Duff or Izzy or who-ever, then let them, and also let the new GnR fans slam the fuck out of them (verbally or physically, either way is fine).

mrlee
I'm Your Sun King, Baby
Legend

« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »

Why am i not surprised such a stupid thread started a huge argument.

This thread should of just been deleted before it had even began. What a pointless waste of internet space.

On that note, my opinion is.

I dont care what the setlist is. Its how they play it, and how they are onstage. When i saw them they put energy in n rocked the fuck out. I had a good time and heard alot of songs i like live. I was content.

html sucks
sandman
Legend

« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2009, 08:43:45 AM »

"We wanna dedicate this song, to the people that try to hold you back. The people that tell you how to live. The people that tell you how to dress. The people that tell you how to talk. The people that tell you what you can say and you can't say. I personally don't need that. I don't need that shit in my life. Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me fell like somebody, somebody out there is OUT TA GET ME."

W. Axl Rose

"We're from Philly, fuckin' Philly. No one likes us, we don't care."

(Jason Kelce, Philadelphia Eagles, February 8, 2018
Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2009, 09:31:31 AM »

"We wanna dedicate this song, to the people that try to hold you back. The people that tell you how to live. The people that tell you how to dress. The people that tell you how to talk. The people that tell you what you can say and you can't say. I personally don't need that. I don't need that shit in my life. Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me fell like somebody, somebody out there is OUT TA GET ME."

W. Axl Rose

I think it is more about having positive audience at the shows.  We the fans deserve a to see a great show, Axl deserves to give us that, regardless of what time it is or what setlist the band chooses. Nobody wants to hear negativity, and I'm pretty positive those kinds of fans piss Axl right off. I've seen it myself. 

PS you don't need to shout!!!

Turn my sorrow into treasured gold, you'll pay me back in kind and reap just what you've sown !!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2009, 10:26:50 AM »

"We wanna dedicate this song, to the people that try to hold you back. The people that tell you how to live. The people that tell you how to dress. The people that tell you how to talk. The people that tell you what you can say and you can't say. I personally don't need that. I don't need that shit in my life.Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me fell like somebody, somebody out there is OUT TA GET ME."
W. Axl Rose

It's funny. I've been shown that quote in the past by people who think they can do as they please on our board.

Anyway, it's funny because you can use that quote describing those same people as well. The ones who think Axl should do this and be that way etc etc.

All these people who have lists of "should"s for Axl and GN'R.

Kinda ironic that it describes them....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
sandman
Legend

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51:25 AM »

"We wanna dedicate this song, to the people that try to hold you back. The people that tell you how to live. The people that tell you how to dress. The people that tell you how to talk. The people that tell you what you can say and you can't say. I personally don't need that. I don't need that shit in my life.Those are the kind of people that have been getting me down. They make me fell like somebody, somebody out there is OUT TA GET ME."
W. Axl Rose

It's funny. I've been shown that quote in the past by people who think they can do as they please on our board.

Anyway, it's funny because you can use that quote describing those same people as well. The ones who think Axl should do this and be that way etc etc.

/jarmo

agreed. but it is a 2-way street. it describes some members of the core fan base that want to control who are allowed to attend shows and how those in attendance should act. kind of a dangerous precendent if you ask me.

Albert S Miller
Legend

« Reply #135 on: January 22, 2009, 11:36:23 AM »

W. Axl Rose

/jarmo

agreed. but it is a 2-way street. it describes some members of the core fan base that want to control who are allowed to attend shows and how those in attendance should act. kind of a dangerous precendent if you ask me.
Why though would you put your time and money into a show, attend it and behave badly, upset those around you and possibly even the performer, that is what I might call dangerous all the way across the board.

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #136 on: January 22, 2009, 11:47:08 AM »

W. Axl Rose

/jarmo

Why though would you put your time and money into a show, attend it and behave badly, upset those around you and possibly even the performer, that is what I might call dangerous all the way across the board.

Jarmo's theory is usually correct; daddy pays for it.

Or sometimes it's the wrong people getting free tickets. I know a person who works for Universal and she gave a lot of promo tickets to people in order to help promote GNR. Since those people didn't pay, they care about GNR or the show. So many of them were antagonizing fans before and during the show.

Luckily, none of them were close enough to cause some shit with the band. I enjoyed the hell out of the last show here in Detroit and I'd love for them to have every reason to come back.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
sandman
Legend

« Reply #137 on: January 22, 2009, 12:43:12 PM »

W. Axl Rose

/jarmo

you're asking the wrong guy, cause i personally would not do that. and i'm not defending people who do ruin things for others.

i've been to several gnr shows over the years and i only saw that happen once. it was in vegas and Axl started bitching about the old lineup. quite a few people started booing and i heard people yell "shut up and sing." and ya know what, if Axl is gonna preach i think it's ok for people to boo if they don't like what they're hearing.

BUT, i thought the point of this thread was to tell people that if you have ever complained about Axl's late starts and/or vocal problems, you shouldn't go to his show.

personally, i think that is a ridiculous statement. in fact, i think even Axl would disagree with the comments in this threads. and as a fan i'd say the more people that go to the show the merrier. cause i know that the performance of the band will convert even the haters.

demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #138 on: January 22, 2009, 12:57:26 PM »

Axl marches to the beat of his own drum, Cool it shouldn't be a big surprise to anyone, he takes the stage late most of the time, Shocked so if you work, you take the next day off, yes if you have children you make arrangements, Roll Eyes free yourself of your commitments, because now it's all about you and the show, nothing else matters, cuz you know when Axl and Co hit that stage at what ever fricken time it is, it's gonna be nothing but pure magic to your eyes and ears,  Cool and if you have a problem with that, or the above mentioned do not work out for you, well.....you probably don't belong at the show, and if in fact, you may be one of those who don't attend at all, but sit home and bitch behind your computer screen, remember, Axl has said he is not playing for you anyway.

Can you let me know where you get those cool rose tinted glasses from, i want a pair for myself  Roll Eyes
russtcb
Legend

« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »

W. Axl Rose

/jarmo

personally, i think that is a ridiculous statement. in fact, i think even Axl would disagree with the comments in this threads. and as a fan i'd say the more people that go to the show the merrier. cause i know that the performance of the band will convert even the haters.

I guess the question (not to you specifically) is this then; If you know they're going to start late and that's going to ruin your time, why go?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: