Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 15, 2024, 11:53:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228058 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: July 15th: Live Chat with DJ Ashba  (Read 60744 times)
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #140 on: July 16, 2009, 06:38:19 PM »

It's good to hear that he respects Robin and likes TIL. I hope he kills that solo live!

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
Bodhi
Legend

« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:43 PM »

LOL, he could've asked this guitar god anything, and all he could come up with was a question about Axl's braids? I've lost my faith in mankind.  confused

Guitar God? jeez. that's not even remotely true...

do u call a guitar god to anyone who puts out records and plays guitar?

thank you!   ok
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2009, 08:03:26 PM »

LOL, he could've asked this guitar god anything, and all he could come up with was a question about Axl's braids? I've lost my faith in mankind.  confused

Guitar God? jeez. that's not even remotely true...

do u call a guitar god to anyone who puts out records and plays guitar?

p.s. i love Ashba just as much as the next guy, but his best record is beautiful creatures and that's not even close to a guitar god standard.

his solo album is pretty sick as well, but then again u don't get to be a guitar god based on two proper records, you need the majority of the world agreeing that you did something new to the scene. i.e. Eddie Van Halen, Steve Vai, Malmsteen, Jimmy Page, Slash, Joe Perry. regardless of personal taste those will go down in history as guitar gods hands down. Ashba isn't even near their league yet... being in guns could help that if he happens to do anything that catches people's attention. still, hard shoes to fill no matter who you think he's replacing, from slash to bucket or robin

Oh please, Ashba has already accomplished way more than Robin

he had the rock hit of last Summer in "Life Is Beautiful" and Saints of Los Angeles by Motley Crue is better than anything Robin has ever done

that's not even the point, and this isn't a Ashba Vs Robin thread. all i'm saying is ashba is no guitar god. How many one hit wonders have smash rock hits and you never hear from them again? that doesn't really matter to my point. and i didn't say robin was a guitar god either, i just stated Ashba had to play Robin's parts, that he wrote and recorded, therefore, he played a bigger part in Gn'r's history. if Ashba gets that far we'd be all so lucky because it would mean gn'r actually puts out another record.

Ashba is not a Guitar God period. most people don't even know him. and the majority who does know him, never really cared. he's got chops but his not an A lister when it comes to guitars.

U can even spot a guitar hero by how many people he influenced. how many were influenced by dj's signature licks ( that sound just the same as Ac Dc, Slash, and a sloppy EVH) never heard of any.

Bumblefoot on another hand has influenced a lotta people and he was already on the cover of guitar magazines before Gn'r. Sure it's a different target, but i'd have a lot less trouble with someone calling him a guitar hero, cuz at least he as a unique talent.

Chinese Democracy!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »

No spin please

u said filling Robin's shoes would be hard

I don't think so

Robin is a good live guitarist but DJ destroys him creatively and songwriting wise. DJ is also a damn good live dude also

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
LIGuns
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #144 on: July 16, 2009, 08:22:52 PM »

DJ has made quite the name for himself lately..With the sucess of SixxAM and the latest Motley Crue album he has some impressive song writing credits..He did so and remained ion the edge..Perhaps that's what made him so appealing to GN'R..
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #145 on: July 16, 2009, 08:30:29 PM »

No spin please

I don't think so

Robin is a good live guitarist but DJ destroys him creatively and songwriting wise. DJ is also a damn good live dude also

Dude, what's there to spin,

Street of dreams solo, TIL solo, Better and every other song on Chinese. Robin did that. Will Dj ever be able to put out a record with gnr? Robin was there for more than 10 years. he built a name for himself among gn'r fans, even if some still hate him.

Ashba has a lot of work to do in order to fill in Robin's Shoes. and there's no spin to be made.

p.s. he's still not a guitar god. And remember DJ didn't get in Gn'r because he's amazing and gn'r just had to get him, he got in because Robin chose to stop working with gn'r for whatever reasons those may be. Ashba wasn't a first choice. so no need to try to make him more than he is. he may very well be a great replacement and someday even surpass Robin. but people don't seem to last that long in this band. Tommy and dizzy are the last of the survivors.

and yes dj's carrear is moving forward. he's done great for himself. but that still doesn't make him a well known guitar player.

i'm not even bashing Dj. i actually like him. i just find it amazing how someone most of you didn't know up until a couple of months ago can go from complete stranger to guitar god just because he got in Gnr and didn't do anything with them yet. that's just fanboy material right there!
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:39:59 PM by MeanBone » Logged

Chinese Democracy!
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

You are an asshole and everyone knows it

« Reply #146 on: July 16, 2009, 08:39:25 PM »

No spin please

I don't think so

you put everything on songwriting.. but others may simply enjoy someones live performance.

It was awesome of DJ to do this chat, and its nice to see he's seroius about doing the songs justice and respects Robin. 
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #147 on: July 16, 2009, 08:41:14 PM »

No spin please

I don't think so

you put everything on songwriting.. but others may simply enjoy someones live performance.

It was awesome of DJ to do this chat, and its nice to see he's seroius about doing the songs justice and respects Robin. 

that is very true. i look forward to see Ashba playing Robin's part. and i'm really curious to see him play a les paul. should be fun. i hope they tour soon

Chinese Democracy!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #148 on: July 16, 2009, 08:53:36 PM »

Nevermind D, he just hates Robin that much.

It's good to hear that he respects Robin and likes TIL. I hope he kills that solo live!
Yeah, me too. Goosebumps and chills all over the place in this solo!

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #149 on: July 16, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

If there is no songwriting, there is nowhere to put a guitar solo

if there are no songs, u have no band.

what's so hard to understand about that?

Jim Bob always talks about the new band doing this

well if Slash,Duff,Izzy didn't write the music to those songs, there would be nothing for the new band to play cept for CD stuff.

It's a headscratcher how people try to downplay the importance of songwriting.

without songwriting u have NOTHING

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #150 on: July 16, 2009, 08:59:00 PM »

Robin DID had songwriting in his solo spots in songs and also as convencional songwriting like Better.

Please, PLEASE, don't turn this thread in another Robin bash fest as you always do.

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #151 on: July 16, 2009, 09:01:39 PM »

Just saying DJ is going to be the best thing to happen to GNR since Bucket

wait and see.

ok, I shall stop with the Robin hate now.

russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #152 on: July 16, 2009, 09:03:28 PM »

Nevermind D, he just hates Robin that much.

Yeah, me too. Goosebumps and chills all over the place in this solo!

Oh jesus me too. I LOVE that solo. And I hope DJ nails it live. I'm also hoping he can touch Robin's stage presence.

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #153 on: July 16, 2009, 09:11:15 PM »

We just passed over the good news

seems they will play TIL live!

w.axl.rose
Legend

tony-trujillo.com

« Reply #154 on: July 16, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

We just passed over the good news

seems they will play TIL live!

can't wait
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #155 on: July 16, 2009, 09:34:24 PM »

If there is no songwriting, there is nowhere to put a guitar solo

if there are no songs, u have no band.

what's so hard to understand about that?

Jim Bob always talks about the new band doing this

well if Slash,Duff,Izzy didn't write the music to those songs, there would be nothing for the new band to play cept for CD stuff.

It's a headscratcher how people try to downplay the importance of songwriting.

without songwriting u have NOTHING
no one is downplaying it.  you make it out to be all that matters.    when i saw the band in 2006, who wrote what part was not what was going thru my head, I was just enjoying the show.   Robin was a huge part of that. 

and there is no new band.  most of these guys are hardly new anymore except for DJ.

rabia
Rocker

« Reply #156 on: July 16, 2009, 11:57:18 PM »

although he didnt say much, what he did say is all positive. good signs for the future. 
faldor
Legend

I'm Ron Burgundy?

« Reply #157 on: July 17, 2009, 12:39:47 AM »

Hi!!!  ... this is me on DJ?s right !!!!

Dj Ashba:         Out of respect for GN'R all your questions will be answered, I promise, Im not the man to give those answers Smiley I hope you understand
Dj Ashba:         Axl is doing great and so is the rest of GN'R
Dj Ashba:         I have the most respect for all of the other guitarist that have contributed to GNR

Dj Ashba:         thank you, I can assure you I am very serious about doing the songs justice!!

Dj Ashba:         I will not discuss any tour dates at this time. sorry you will just have to be patient Smiley

Dj Ashba:         Yes tell GNR Inter. Thank you for all the love and support that they have givin me!! I promise they will get nothing but 200% from me at all times!

Dj Ashba:         I love playing Sweet child, Nov. Rain, chinese, better! You name it what song isnt fun to play by GN'R

Dj Ashba:         I will not speak on Axl's behalf Wink

Dj Ashba:         Tell them Thank you for all the love and support that they continue to give me. It's an honor to be apart of GN'R and I can promise that I will always give 200% no matter what! See ya soon!

Dj Ashba:         My heart inspires me, if ya listen to your heart and translate with your fingers you'll never go wrong

Dj Ashba:         Leatherface Les Paul is a work of passion

Dj Ashba:         I've wanted to work with Axl for many years, I have the most respect for him, he's the real deal, no bullshit! Mad talent and an all around amazing friend

Dj Ashba:         Trust me all your questions regaurding Guns will be answered in due time Smiley

Dj Ashba:         I plan to give all the fans my heart, weather its on record or on tour
Dj Ashba:         I have tons of respect for Robin

Dj Ashba:         This I Love is one of my fav

Dj Ashba:         Yes I cut my teeth on GN'R growing up
Dj Ashba:         yes My dad took me to see Motley when I was young

Dj Ashba:         Its impossable to pick a favorite GN'R song, theres to many

Dj Ashba:         I can relate to alot of them, I think thats whats great about the Lyrics Axl writes

Dj Ashba:         I am very backed up on mail, but I do not and will not let anyone else read the letters yall send, eventually I will get to them

Thanks angeles, I saw you in some of the rooms in the mansion last night. 

The whole thing was kind of confusing while it was going on and at times seemed kinda pointless, but looking back on it I thought it was really cool of DJ to do and I think he's taking an unnecessary beating at "other" places.  He said about what I expected/hoped he would say, plus more.  So I don't see any need to complain.  Good stuff overall.

If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you.
Jim Bob
Finckadelic
Legend

« Reply #158 on: July 17, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »

I don't get the complainers at all.

Anyone who has been following this band for a while should know how things work by now.   To continue to get pissed off about it is pointless, find something else to worry about.
jacdaniel
Legend

Give me a gitane!

« Reply #159 on: July 17, 2009, 03:02:44 AM »

I don't get the complainers at all.

Anyone who has been following this band for a while should know how things work by now.   To continue to get pissed off about it is pointless, find something else to worry about.

I aint complaining, i know how it works.  The band members generally:

A) Don't know what is happening or
B) Just wont say cos its Axl's job.

But they all think Axl is a swell dude, hope to record, hope to tour and hope the video comes out.

"i can tell you a thing or two about something else if you really wanna know? know what im saying? "
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: