Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 14, 2024, 05:58:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228037 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Richard & Frank appearance in New York (Sep 17th)  (Read 10815 times)
djcleaver
Rocker

deep waits...

« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2009, 02:58:28 PM »

This insult crap is boring , but I too took the "babysitter" comment to mean Jarmo and am wondering why you can't say either yes or no to his question. I suppose I have a reading problem too.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2009, 03:09:49 PM »

I already thought it was understood....yes that was for him. he knows that

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #42 on: August 25, 2009, 03:10:45 PM »

Since this shit won't go away, here's something to read.

Clarification from Frank:

While he's at home in New York, he plays with a bunch of artists. One band he plays with is The Compulsions. The Compulsions is Rob Carlyle's band and he happens to be a friend of Frank's. They have a cd out that's been reviewed by a bunch of people. Some like it, some don't.

Frank loves GN'R, he's proud to be on Chinese Democracy and he stands behind the work on that cd.

Axl, his family and the rest of the band have always treated him as a full band member from the first day he set foot on that GN'R stage.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
The Glow Inc.
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: August 25, 2009, 03:33:09 PM »

That's a relief.

Thanks for that  ok Smiley

I was really like  nervous for a couple of hours...
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #44 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:44 PM »

Obviously...  richard & frank is GNR

smoking

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2009, 04:04:15 PM »

Thanks for admitting what I suspected all along.

So you aim an insult at me and then defend yourself with "where did I mention your name?".....

All this while trying to play the innocence card "I didn't mention you! You're sensitive!".....

Amusing coming from a guy who promised me ages ago to follow our rules.  ok

That's a relief.

Just some people creating drama out of nothing. As usual in the GN'R world.

Everything means something it doesn't.....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
russtcb
Takin' Care Of Business In A Flash
Legend

« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2009, 05:53:08 PM »

Thanks for admitting what I suspected all along.

So you aim an insult at me and then defend yourself with "where did I mention your name?".....

All this while trying to play the innocence card "I didn't mention you! You're sensitive!".....

Amusing coming from a guy who promised me ages ago to follow our rules.  ok

That's a relief.

Just some people creating drama out of nothing. As usual in the GN'R world.

Everything means something it doesn't.....

/jarmo

Wait wait wait.

You're saying that people wondering what's up with a band leader insulting Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy that happens to have TWO members of GN'R in his band is people making something out of nothing??

Really??

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
https://www.youtube.com/infectiousgroovepodcast
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2009, 06:14:14 PM »

Wait wait wait.

You're saying that people wondering what's up with a band leader insulting Axl Rose, Guns N' Roses and Chinese Democracy that happens to have TWO members of GN'R in his band is people making something out of nothing??

Really??

You already made several factual errors.

Frank and Richard aren't exactly in that band, they're playing with that band. Different thing. Frank is occasionally hired to play drums with them on records/shows.

Rob Carlyle, the singer of The Compulsions, didn't insult Axl or GN'R.

You're referring to a review of their EP written by somebody by the name of Dan Rowe.

If you want to be upset with somebody, it's the author of the review.

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2009, 06:21:53 PM »

Wait wait wait.

Really??

You already made several factual errors.

Frank and Richard aren't exactly in that band, they're playing with that band. Different thing. Frank is occasionally hired to play drums with them on records/shows.

Rob Carlyle, the singer of The Compulsions, didn't insult Axl or GN'R.

You're referring to a review of their EP written by somebody by the name of Dan Rowe.

If you want to be upset with somebody, it's the author of the review.

/jarmo

Oh ok. Then let me correct myself. You're saying that a review insulting Axl, GN'R & Chinese Democracy being posted on a site for a band featuring two GN'R members is nothing to be concerned with?

"It's harder to live with the truth about you than to live with the lies about me"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2009, 06:28:10 PM »

Oh ok. Then let me correct myself. You're saying that a review insulting Axl, GN'R & Chinese Democracy being posted on a site for a band featuring two GN'R members is nothing to be concerned with?

Not really.

Richard and Frank are friends with Rob, the guy that sings in The Compulsions.

If he chose to post a review of his band's EP on their Myspace, it's his choice. It's his band. Not Richard's or Frank's.

It's almost like assuming Ron is responsible for what Lita Ford puts on her web site.

Yeah, I think people are making a big deal out of nothing.

I get it, the review was lame. But maybe you should contact the reviewer.....

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2009, 06:33:26 PM »

Not really.

If he chose to post a review of his band's EP on their Myspace, it's his choice. It's his band. Not Richard's or Frank's.

It's almost like assuming Ron is responsible for what Lita Ford puts on her web site.

/jarmo

Seems  like a cheap way to get people talking about that band. And throwing this reviewer or the singer for the band under the bus doesn't justify it.

Guess it's just me, but if I were in a band, I wouldn't allow another band I play with to post a review that insults me, our latest album or my singer on their site.

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2009, 07:24:30 PM »

Not really.

/jarmo

Seems  like a cheap way to get people talking about that band.

that's basically it. That's something usual, a little bit unethical, but usual. Nothing to be worried about. BUT the fact two GNR members are currently playing/jaming/whatever with this band is something I dont like at all, and changes the whole situation.

I find that myspace embarrasing for all the ''gnr world'', i dont mind who wrote it. I wouldn't like to see my name posted in a site where my family is being attacked, no matter if someone else is the owner of the site or if someone else wrote that attack. Everybody should be aware of the context where their names are included.

Anyway, in the end, this whole thing is useful as an example of how Axl is not the ''dictator'' some people claim him to be. It is being proven that GNR members are doing whatever the **** they want to do with or without Axl's ''permission''.

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2009, 07:26:19 PM »

And throwing this reviewer or the singer for the band under the bus doesn't justify it.

Throwing who under a bus?

You just need to pick who you're upset with.

Somebody who had nothing to do with it or the guy who wrote it?

You chose the first option and I think that's wrong.

I presented you with the facts behind this non issue. The Compulsions is Rob's band. So I'm assuming he knows what goes on his band's Myspace.

I wouldn't be so sure Frank and/or Richard do. It's not their band or their Myspace page. I thought it was pretty obvious.

So the whole issue of them "letting" something be up there is weird. It's not their page!

That's been the point all along while some of you have been upset with Frank/Richard.

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »

And throwing this reviewer or the singer for the band under the bus doesn't justify it.

Throwing who under a bus?

You just need to pick who you're upset with.

Somebody who had nothing to do with it or the guy who wrote it?

You chose the first option and I think that's wrong.

I presented you with the facts behind this non issue. The Compulsions is Rob's band. So I'm assuming he knows what goes on his band's Myspace.

I wouldn't be so sure Frank and/or Richard do. It's not their band or their Myspace page. I thought it was pretty obvious.

So the whole issue of them "letting" something be up there is weird. It's not their page!

That's been the point all along while some of you have been upset with Frank/Richard.

/jarmo

Are Frank and Richard members of The Compulsions?

You're saying they're not?

falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »

Since this shit won't go away, here's something to read.

Clarification from Frank:

While he's at home in New York, he plays with a bunch of artists. One band he plays with is The Compulsions. The Compulsions is Rob Carlyle's band and he happens to be a friend of Frank's. They have a cd out that's been reviewed by a bunch of people. Some like it, some don't.

Frank loves GN'R, he's proud to be on Chinese Democracy and he stands behind the work on that cd.

Axl, his family and the rest of the band have always treated him as a full band member from the first day he set foot on that GN'R stage.

/jarmo

oh fuck yeah.  i knew this was all a bunch of stupid bullshit.  thanks for setting the record straight, jarmo.  time and time, you prove to be the tenth member of gnr.  (11th counting beta, mother of the band).

but i think that frank and fortus should quit this little side project.  it's not right for that band's singer to slag axl.  forgetting my personal feelings in the matter, if he's really friends with frank and richard then whey would he want to jepordize their spots in gnr like that?  that would suck ass for them and for the fans of this band who love the shit out of frank and richard.  it's just a dickhead thing to do in my opinion.  forgetting what's right for gnr and their loyal fans, richard and frank should dump this fuck face out of self-respect. 
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #55 on: August 25, 2009, 08:16:57 PM »

Exactly.

I saw the band in NYC last December. Frank played drums, Richard wasn't there.

Frank seems to play with them when he's home and not busy with GN'R.

He plays on some of their releases, but not all of them. And I think Richard is on some tracks as well.

/jarmo

russtcb
Legend

« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2009, 08:22:13 PM »

Exactly.

I saw the band in NYC last December. Frank played drums, Richard wasn't there.

Frank seems to play with them when he's home and not busy with GN'R.

He plays on some of their releases, but not all of them. And I think Richard is on some tracks as well.

/jarmo

Ok. Well I still think it's strange.

I'm not making a big deal out of it, I just think it's a weird way to promote yourself; insulting your friends band, not to mention friends who play in your band on occasion.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2009, 10:11:25 PM »

Amusing coming from a guy who promised me ages ago to follow our rules

again, my first post in this thread did not mention your name. You chose to put on the cape and justify what some band no one cares about said and attempt to separate two gnr members from the comments.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Alfie Bones
Rocker

I'm on the nightrain.

« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2009, 10:58:43 PM »

Maybe Jarmo can correct me, but I was under the impression that they're (4tus, Stinson, whoever.) not actually "members" of Guns N' Roses, but rather employees of the band who are under contract with Axl to record and/or tour. For example, Paul Huge seems to still be a non-touring employee of GN'R considering his extensive continued work on ChiDem after he "left" in 2002.

So the whole hullabaloo over them not being members of The Compulsions while being members of GN'R is confusing.

If Frank says something, he isn't necessarily speaking for either band, and if The Compulsions MySpace page says something, I don't see why it would speak for Frank.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2009, 11:15:58 PM »

again, my first post in this thread did not mention your name. You chose to put on the cape and justify what some band no one cares about said and attempt to separate two gnr members from the comments.
Oh fuckin please.  First off, you already admitted that, even though you didn't mention his name, you were in fact talking about him.

Second, it's kinda obvious that Axl doesn't judge other people based on who they associate with and whether or not those associates like or dislike him.  His relationships, for example, with Izzy and Baz and even Ashba doesn't appear to be hampered by the fact that each of them associate with a certain guitar player whom Axl doesn't particularly care to associate with himself.

I think it's safe to say that Richard and Frank and Axl's relationship is based on mutual respect for one another both personally and professionally.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: