Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 03:33:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227940 Posts in 43255 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GNR sued for plagiarism
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: GNR sued for plagiarism  (Read 55681 times)
AxlReznor
VIP

Alternative Monkey

« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2009, 11:50:07 AM »

You don't understand.  I don't like the negativity in the press.  A lot of the time I hate it because it's based on pure conjecture or the word of people who haven't spoken to him in years.  When I read reviews of the show and album in which they'd already decided on a poor verdict before they'd even seen/heard it, it annoys me.  When I see coverage of things like this with headlines clearly insinuating that they are guilty, it annoys the shit out of me.

You know what also annoys me?  On other forums, Guns N' Roses fans are a joke... I've been ridiculed for defending Axl with logic around the internet countless times.  And you know why?  It's because of people like you who over-react to every little thing, and act like Axl is an infallible God.  You've even gone so far as to call other current bandmembers disloyal before now for simply playing a gig.  And you paint everybody who attempt to think about things with less obsessiveness as people who hate Axl.  We don't!  We just don't think he's infallible!  And I'm pretty sure neither does he!  So please, just chill out.  Loyalty is not measured by how many people you claim to hate for what you perceive to be doing wrong.
cotis
Legend

I like turtles.

« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2009, 11:56:58 AM »

You know what also annoys me?  On other forums, Guns N' Roses fans are a joke... I've been ridiculed for defending Axl with logic around the internet countless times.  And you know why?  It's because of people like you who over-react to every little thing, and act like Axl is an infallible God.  You've even gone so far as to call other current bandmembers disloyal before now for simply playing a gig.  And you paint everybody who attempt to think about things with less obsessiveness as people who hate Axl.  We don't!  We just don't think he's infallible!  And I'm pretty sure neither does he!  So please, just chill out.  Loyalty is not measured by how many people you claim to hate for what you perceive to be doing wrong.

Exactly what I said! Thanks to you, among others fallungong, you've ruined our image! rant
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2009, 12:04:17 PM »

Enough with the off topic posts.

I hate you all.

Thank you.

/jarmo

PS Just playing along with the supposed "image" I have...

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
axljungle
Rocker

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2009, 12:21:27 PM »

The media allways try to f*ck Axl, I hope that Axl doesn't let the media f*ck him, this lawsuit is for a sound, and they said that GNR stole some songs!! They are crazy. The only thing that media wants is put some shit on Axl.

Go Axl! Do the asian shows and f*ck the press again.  beer

HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2009, 12:35:06 PM »

AXL should be concentrated for days writing a statement and the whole breadth of losers will have to get their articles by the ASS...

hihi rofl hihi

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2009, 01:43:47 PM »

From the alleged "complaint"... Angry

C. That Defendants be required to deliver up to be impounded during the pendency of this action all infringing phonorecords and other infringing material in their possession and/or under their control and to deliver up for destruction all infringing copies and plates, molds, matrices, masters, tapes, film negatives, or other articles by means of which such infringing copies or phonographs may be produced;

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
demanding_GNR_rock
Headliner

« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2009, 02:12:53 PM »

Without any intension of stirring anything up so dont reply but who else  has read the last few post and just thought to themselves get a life, i dont know whats worse having to read the same old bashing  again or having to post myself in reply
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2009, 02:31:09 PM »

Without any intension of stirring anything up so dont reply but who else  has read the last few post and just thought to themselves get a life, i dont know whats worse having to read the same old bashing  again or having to post myself in reply

I don't know if I'm included, I am in the last few posts, but I'm not bashing anyone.  Well, maybe the plaintiffs...a little.

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
HBK
Legend

" SOLD OUT "

« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »

Hopefully the statement that appears in the official page of GNR ...

thanks

● guиs и' яoses ● ● ● ガンズ・アンド・ローゼズ ● ● ● ROBIN IS MAGIC ●

▄█ Pяoکτiτuτe █▄

● H B K ● The Legend Gunner ●
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #249 on: October 10, 2009, 03:15:14 AM »

At least there's some actual news to talk about.

Fingers
VIP

Here Today...

« Reply #250 on: October 10, 2009, 09:52:41 AM »

Is vigorusly contest instead of vigorulsy deny a legal type thing the manager is saying? I have a feeling it will be "settled out of court" with GNR paying them money-could Guns sue who brought the sample in? Maybe this was covered, sorry-I'm still surprised there aren't more lawsuits from this album from people who claimed snippets or ideas were theirs-there were so many people working on this album

libertad
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #251 on: October 10, 2009, 02:35:41 PM »

well I think he meant to say if you are here you should know the news that claims gnr nicked other's songs is misleading and untrue. 
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #252 on: October 10, 2009, 03:26:07 PM »

well I think he meant to say if you are here you should know the news that claims gnr nicked other's songs is misleading and untrue. 

While I don't think "GNR" lifted the "ambient noises" I wouldn't go as far as saying it's not true because someone in production might have lifted it. The court will have to decide, although the case seems trivial from what I've read and probably will be thrown out. Keeping fingers crossed.
AC
Rocker

« Reply #253 on: October 13, 2009, 04:14:13 PM »

While I don't think "GNR" lifted the "ambient noises" I wouldn't go as far as saying it's not true because someone in production might have lifted it. The court will have to decide, although the case seems trivial from what I've read and probably will be thrown out. Keeping fingers crossed.

I find it interesting that someone in "production" is providing ambient noises. Those ambient noise are VERY easy to create on any synth, so I'm surprised they didn't just do it themselves, and by "they" I'm not referring to some 20-year old in production, I'm referring to Chris or Axl. Seems very odd.

AC

The more I read the more I'm confused, but the more interested I get...
NaturalLight
Rocker

« Reply #254 on: October 13, 2009, 05:38:50 PM »

I find it interesting that someone in "production" is providing ambient noises. Those ambient noise are VERY easy to create on any synth, so I'm surprised they didn't just do it themselves, and by "they" I'm not referring to some 20-year old in production, I'm referring to Chris or Axl. Seems very odd.

AC
Yeah it's kinds strange but that's what the press release insinuated. I'd think that if you spent all this time on CD then you might check it better when you sign off, but we on the board don't have the inside information about the intimate details of creating CD.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2009, 09:06:28 PM »

Jeez, sometimes blind adoration of our idols can cause us to say some absolutely idiotic things. Before I ever opened this thread I figured there would be more than a few 'omg that german guy is a money grabbing asshole Axl would NEVER do anything that isn't 100% original!omg wtf!'.

This isn't about some ambulance chaser trying to get some free money. This about getting paid for your work. Anyone here that has ever recorded and released a piece of music is lying if they said they wouldn't feel sleighted if a sample of what you did appeared on a much bigger release by a bigger band and you didn't give permission or get paid for it. To look at it from a different angle, what if somone sampled a bit of ambient noise created by Chris Pitman from a GnR recording and used it without permission? You'd be screaming for their blood. Don't be hypocrites, fair use is fair use. If it turns out that they did in fact use samples of this guys work I'd have no problem saying 'yeah they need to pay the guy.'

But we weren't there, and we have no idea what went down. Maybe this guys lawyer misfiled the paper work GnR sent, maybe they did steal it....maybe they used it figuring 'it's just a few seconds we shouldn't have to clear this', maybe another engineer put it together. It is entirely possible that it went on to a sample cd or a hard drive years ago and they forgot where it came from. Who the fuck knows, there are a million possible reasons for what happened. But the professional, morally right thing to do is to pay people for their work. To my ears it sounds an awful lot like they used some of this guys work.

GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2009, 10:12:00 PM »

To my ears it sounds an awful lot like they used some of this guys work.
Oh well then that settles that.  If it sounds an awful lot alike to your ears than GNR must be guilty.  Roll Eyes

Jeez, sometimes blind adoration of our idols can cause us to say some absolutely idiotic things.
And the flip side is also true.  Some people will just assume GNR is guilty just because they're GNR and maybe, just maybe, that's what these people are hoping.

Pot say hello to kettle.

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
falungong69
Rocker

« Reply #257 on: October 31, 2009, 04:38:20 AM »

Jeez, sometimes blind adoration of our idols can cause us to say some absolutely idiotic things. Before I ever opened this thread I figured there would be more than a few 'omg that german guy is a money grabbing asshole Axl would NEVER do anything that isn't 100% original!omg wtf!'.

This isn't about some ambulance chaser trying to get some free money. This about getting paid for your work. Anyone here that has ever recorded and released a piece of music is lying if they said they wouldn't feel sleighted if a sample of what you did appeared on a much bigger release by a bigger band and you didn't give permission or get paid for it. To look at it from a different angle, what if somone sampled a bit of ambient noise created by Chris Pitman from a GnR recording and used it without permission? You'd be screaming for their blood. Don't be hypocrites, fair use is fair use. If it turns out that they did in fact use samples of this guys work I'd have no problem saying 'yeah they need to pay the guy.'

But we weren't there, and we have no idea what went down. Maybe this guys lawyer misfiled the paper work GnR sent, maybe they did steal it....maybe they used it figuring 'it's just a few seconds we shouldn't have to clear this', maybe another engineer put it together. It is entirely possible that it went on to a sample cd or a hard drive years ago and they forgot where it came from. Who the fuck knows, there are a million possible reasons for what happened. But the professional, morally right thing to do is to pay people for their work. To my ears it sounds an awful lot like they used some of this guys work.

no, sorry.  you're wrong.  if i was ever talented enough to record a piece of music that axl rose liked enough to include on his masterpice, then i'd be thankful for the honor.  i wouldn't be a bitchy, whiny little punk about a few seconds of ambience.  if you can even call it that.

the professional, morally right thing to do is have respect and reverence for artists that paved the way for you.
michaelvincent
Rocker

Here Today...

« Reply #258 on: October 31, 2009, 12:59:36 PM »

no, sorry.  you're wrong.  if i was ever talented enough to record a piece of music that axl rose liked enough to include on his masterpice, then i'd be thankful for the honor.  i wouldn't be a bitchy, whiny little punk about a few seconds of ambience.  if you can even call it that.

the professional, morally right thing to do is have respect and reverence for artists that paved the way for you.

Right.

'Oh thank you Axl for stealing from me, please sir, fuck me in the ass some more!'

If you think I am wrong then you are pretty fucking dumb. I suppose if it were the other way around then Axl should be honored that someone were to use his music, too? Last I checked copyright law still applies to Axl Rose. You want to use a piece of a copywritten work in your music? You have to pay. It's pretty fucking simple. I suppose the estate of Martin Luther King should have been happy being honored by such a wonderful dynamic modern day performer? I mean what the fuck did he ever do besides talk on some steps?

Your argument is about as thoughtless and ignorant as they come. Sorry.

Believe it or not, to some people being on CD is of no consequence to them and they couldn't give a shit...they probably just don't like being stolen from. Imagine that.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 01:02:08 PM by michaelvincent » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #259 on: October 31, 2009, 01:04:11 PM »

anyone who listens to those and tries to say they aren't the exact same need to go get hearing aids or just give up listening to music all together.

Did Axl intentionally do this? Of Course not

but to say these don't sound alike make u look dumber than Vanilla Ice when he tried to say he didn't sample Under Pressure.

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: