Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 01, 2024, 03:52:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1227981 Posts in 43256 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Off Topic
| |-+  Fun N' Games
| | |-+  Formula 1 - 2010 season
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Formula 1 - 2010 season  (Read 68476 times)
Genesis
The Reincarnation of Morpheus
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #160 on: June 28, 2010, 09:53:29 AM »

Hearing Alonso basically cry over the radio was priceless...

They had to tell him to focus on his race and not worry about what penalties others might get.

/jarmo

Yeah, Ferrari got their strategy wrong. I don't know what Alonso is complaining about. They did penalize Hamilton and he still came in second.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #161 on: June 28, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

Ferrari is the same team who used a "promotional event" to test their new parts on their car....

Maybe the pressure is getting to Alonso....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #162 on: July 11, 2010, 02:55:50 AM »

British GP at Silverstone. The new track is quite interesting and weird (with a bump in the middle). The Red Bull pace is now getting ridiculous. A second quicker than the next fastest car. Like Horner said, I think people have been focusing too much on the blown diffuser alone. After all, Ferrari, Renault and others have it now and they still can't match the RB6. A testament to Adrian Newey's genius. McLaren almost completely made a mess of things, great driving by Hamilton to salvage a 4th place start. It shows the difference in class between the two Brits at McLaren.

Fuck 'Em All.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #163 on: July 12, 2010, 02:55:35 PM »

Lots of overtaking which was nice.

Nico Rosberg once again making Schumacher look average! Awesome!

Ferrari and Alonso needs to stop blaming bad luck for everything....

I wonder when Luca di Montezemolo will comment on his drivers... He had a habit of commenting on Kimi.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #164 on: July 12, 2010, 10:59:59 PM »

It was awesome to see Webber win after having to give up his new front wing to Vettel. A strong finish for McLaren inspite of not having pace. The season just gets worse and worse for Ferrari. They seem to have a strong car, but all sorts of other factors prevent them from doing anything meaningful. Alonso is still fifth, but I wonder for how long. Germany should be very interesting.

"Red Bull give you weeng and then take it away!" hihi

Fuck 'Em All.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #165 on: July 24, 2010, 05:55:55 AM »

F1 at Hockenheim. No idea who'll get pole, but Ferrari look quick. A nice tidbit from Adrian Sutil's BBC Profile:

What is your favourite music to drive to?

Plenty of house music, but right now I'm listening to the new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. It's a great album.

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

Here Today... Fuck The Hell

« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2010, 11:44:58 AM »

I'm not a fan of Ferrari and Massa, same with Alonso (although I do appreciate his driving skills he's the best right now).

But Ferrari again pulls a usual dirty trick and manipulate the race. I say disqualify Alonso and Massa. The hypocrite bastards - which is mainly Ferrari teamleading.

I hope either Vettel or one of the McLaren's win the championship. Cool
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2010, 04:18:52 PM »

I don't get why people are so annoying about what happened today...

They are a TEAM and they play like one.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2010, 10:43:03 PM »

I don't get why people are so annoying about what happened today...

They are a TEAM and they play like one.

Massa started well and was in front and would have won the race if it weren't for team orders. It ruins racing when results are manipulated and it's illegal. I agree from a team standpoint, Ferrari did what they should. The FIA should just scrap the rule if they can't enforce it. I'd say give Alonso a 5 second penalty. That would put him in second place. Ferrari have already been fined $100,000.

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #169 on: July 26, 2010, 12:48:44 AM »

Alonso was faster most parts of the race but he couldn't pass Massa.. people wanna see racing, not drivers giving gifts like these. The most important positions of the race have been manipulated, which is funny cause Ferrari has been complaining about manipulated races all season now. The way the F1 fans react on this says enough.. aand a 100.000 USD fine is nothing, the WMSC should punish them more severe.

There's a RULE (since the Ferrari 2002 incident) that says you can't do teamorders, in the best team interest or not you should follow it. It's laughable they were denying it first, like the people watching the race at home are stupid.. hypocrites.
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #170 on: July 26, 2010, 01:17:06 AM »

Team orders banned or not, will always be present in F1. Every team does this, not just Ferrari. Like when Webber was told to conserve fuel and Vettel was allowed to catch up in Turkey or Hamilton vs. Button in the same race.

You can expect a lot more as the season closes and teams are forced to pick one of their drivers for the championship. Having a rule banning it and then doing nothing when it happens is useless. What's the point of the FIA banning team orders? It's not enforceable. Before they used to clearly tell drivers to give position, now it's coded with stupid messages like: "So... Alonso is quicker than you. Can you confirm you understand the message?" Geez. Everyone watching the race understood the message.

I'm not saying I support team orders, but unless F1 rules change, it's still going to happen.

Fuck 'Em All.
Ulises
I dream of Diego
Legend

« Reply #171 on: July 26, 2010, 01:03:38 PM »

Alonso was faster most parts of the race but he couldn't pass Massa.. people wanna see racing, not drivers giving gifts like these. The most important positions of the race have been manipulated, which is funny cause Ferrari has been complaining about manipulated races all season now. The way the F1 fans react on this says enough.. aand a 100.000 USD fine is nothing, the WMSC should punish them more severe.

There's a RULE (since the Ferrari 2002 incident) that says you can't do teamorders, in the best team interest or not you should follow it. It's laughable they were denying it first, like the people watching the race at home are stupid.. hypocrites.

Didn't hear any order, did you? Massa only was told that Alonso was faster...that's it.

Technically, it wasn't an order.

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #172 on: July 27, 2010, 05:34:06 AM »

There is a segment in the July 25th episode of Top Gear on Ayrton Senna, remembering him on what would have been his 50th birthday. Worth a watch.

Fuck 'Em All.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #173 on: July 27, 2010, 08:56:04 AM »

Didn't hear any order, did you? Massa only was told that Alonso was faster...that's it.

Technically, it wasn't an order.
Wow, you cant be serious. FIA isnt stupid and nobody really bought that whole crap radio talking.

For a team standing point, what difference would make if Massa had win? They could have a fair battle for the first position without any crash, this isnt an excuse.

It was ridiculous. I hope Ferrari get fucked on this case and both Massa and Alonso lose their points - that would make the team think again the next time they try to manipulate the race.

BTW, they could make it a lot easier for Alonso - just simulate a problem in the pitstop. It would still be bad, but it wouldnt be so damn obvious.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:57:35 AM by Voodoochild » Logged

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #174 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:48 AM »

F1 at Hockenheim. No idea who'll get pole, but Ferrari look quick. A nice tidbit from Adrian Sutil's BBC Profile:

What is your favourite music to drive to?

Plenty of house music, but right now I'm listening to the new Guns N' Roses album, Chinese Democracy. It's a great album.
That was cool. Seems like Kimi is introducing Chinese Democracy for his ex-colleagues. Cheesy

Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #175 on: November 13, 2010, 06:42:47 AM »

One of the most thrilling seasons in F1 comes to an end at Abu Dhabi with qualifying in about an hour and the race tomorrow. Still four contenders: Alonso, Webber, Vettel and Hamilton.
Don't miss it.

Fuck 'Em All.
gnr-4-ever
VIP

Personal Text:

« Reply #176 on: November 13, 2010, 06:46:35 AM »

I stopped watching F1 after Kimi left, but looks like I'm gonna watch the race tomorow.

I hear qualifying is pretty boring these days.

24/09/2010
17/07/2012
26/06/2015 🎩
19/05/2016 ⚡
04/07/2017
10/07/2017 🎤
03/06/2018
10/02/2019 🎩
19/07/2023
Genesis
Legend

Aieeeee!

« Reply #177 on: November 13, 2010, 09:57:41 AM »

I hear qualifying is pretty boring these days.

Nope, not at all. That qualifying was thrilling, what a lap from Sebastian Vettel. Hamilton just 3 hundreds of a second outside too. A poor showing from Webber. The permutations of tomorrow's race are complex. Alonso just needs a podium to win the championship and I think he will. I wouldn't mind if Webber won it either.

This has been the best F1 season that I can remember, still four people with a chance of winning it tomorrow.

Fuck 'Em All.
IzzyDutch
VIP

« Reply #178 on: November 13, 2010, 11:44:52 AM »

Last year the race was a train ride, if it's the same this year Alonso will be champion.. Webber's pretty much ruled out himself after today, if Vettel wins he'll only become 2nd in the DC when Alonso get's a podium. I'm hoping Vettel will become Champion, but it'll be likely Alonso. But this whole season's been great, qualifying's great only the 1st race this year was very very boring, the other's been great, unpredictable. Cool

And I'm guessing with the 2011 regulations the teams will even more closer in the midfield aswell next year ok
One.In.A.Million
« Reply #179 on: November 14, 2010, 09:47:24 AM »

Well done to Sebastian Vettel, for winning both the race and the championship.  Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: