Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:27:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228061 Posts in 43258 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: March 22 - Buenos Aires, Argentina @ Velez Sarfield [ UPDATES +DICUSSIONS]  (Read 63250 times)
Limulus
Legend

A dream realized...

« Reply #160 on: March 23, 2010, 02:32:52 PM »

"estebanf"......your thoughts??

Re-Union time, baby!!
ericgerard
Opening Act

« Reply #161 on: March 23, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

Well, I was in a perfect location, so I heard EVERYTHING at 100%.

Tomorrow I'll writte my review in spanish and translate it to english, I'll try my best.

Anyways, Axl is a fuckin' demon lion, spitting a lot of fire from his mouth when he sings, he is unstoppable.
I could hear him in all songs, and I have to tell you, he did a great job casting a lot of anger and strength to sing.

(I don't know if "casting" is the apropiate verb, I want to say something like "drawing", "elaborate", "spitting").

Cya tomorrow.
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #162 on: March 23, 2010, 03:11:54 PM »

I feel for you guys, I thought this concert would totally kick ass! But let me tell you, sitting with the old people doesnt make it better, I did that in Montevideo and it was so f$%&( boring!!!!!
Lady Ashba
Rocker

Nice boys... & girls!

« Reply #163 on: March 23, 2010, 03:58:35 PM »

Yeah here we had sound problems as well with Axl's voice, but doesn't look like it was half of what you had there!! I feel for you guys...

And btw the RS review is terrible, is like they went to a total different concert  Huh
MarianoG
Headliner

River Plate

« Reply #164 on: March 23, 2010, 04:10:09 PM »

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #165 on: March 23, 2010, 04:20:58 PM »

Your impression about crowd?
Ignacio
Rocker

I'm fn' inoccent!

« Reply #166 on: March 23, 2010, 04:27:52 PM »

Hey guys!  beer

Just awakened after a well deserved bunch of hours in tha bed.

I went to Buenos Aires from Santa Fe, a city thats about 7 hours away. We were more less 100 fans i think in 2 buses. We left Santa Fe at 8:30 am and arrived Bs As just before the doors opened. There was a LARGE queue for the field sector, it started to move slowly but then quite fast so luckily it wasnt a pain waitin'.

Massacre opened first. Its a local band i have heard a lot about but actually never heard them. I like them. It was a nice performance and they sounded really good. There were some impatience people near the first rows that were throwing things and waving their hands like saying "Get out of the stage! We want GNR"...

La Mancha de Rolando took the stage later. I dont really like this band, but they sounded clear. When I read that they were going to play I thougt "I dont think they fit in a GNR concert".  And I still think the same but anyway lot of people (specially the younger ones) sang along and jumped around with the songs. The band played all their radio hits. Also, they extended their setlist. I saw a guy telling them from the backstage "One more" many times.

I think it was around... 10 pm when Sebastian took the stage. Man... what an awesome frontman!!! I was really excited about having the possibility of seing him before GNR but I also thougt about saving my energy for GNR... COULDN HELP IT, I was jumping like crazy very near the stage singing along all songs it was great!. Sebastian setlist was excellent! Big Guns, I remember you, Love is A Bitschlap, Stuck Inside, 18 and life... Anyway, before he started singin Argentinian Metalhead  hihi I went totally smashed out of air and almost fainted! I tried to get some oxygen going to the back rows but the crowd never ended LOL so i made my way to one of the sides of the field and asked a security guard to take me out! He took me to the nursery (there were several fainted people ther) and I sat down to get some rest and water. Then went back to he field to listen the rest of Sebastian set.  Dudes, he was really really really exited about the crowd. He said it was his best show ever, just couldnt belive we were so fn' crazy!!! It was awesome, thank you so much Sebastian!

Then we waited some time to the set to be prepared for THE BEAST...

The crowd were going impatience, all the ligths were on but... suddenly it was only the moonlight in the sky, that freakin intro started and we all screamed and went totally mad pushing each others to the front rows and then Ashba appeared playing CD intro and it was incredible! Guns n' Roses were there in front of me. I got seriously paralyzed Shocked But then found myself jumping like a fn' crazy wild monkey like all the field!

What can I say dudes... nothing. There are no words to describe my emotions... I wouldn know how to (I am not Axl  hihi )... It was great despite the mic problems in near the first half part of the show. Actually, the sound problem in Axl's voice didnt ruined the show cause we were singing instead of him LOL, it was great. Later on the show, Axl finally was sure the mic was ok and he screamed several time just for us and we responded going crazy!

Its a shame that there were people throwing things at the stage. I guess they were really worried about not being able to heard Axl's voice during the entire show. But then that shit stopped. A curios note: Back in the bus in where I came, a guy told me that at the end of PC Axl seemed to be arguin very angry with someone near the stage, he told me he tnik it was cause of this guy shouting something about Slash. But I am not sure, i was looking athe the awesome pyro and confetti  Grin

The band sounded incredibly! Frank is a god-dammed drum demon! 4tus, Ashba and Ron the awesomest of the awesomest awe! Chris really gave a great atmosphere to the sound and Dizzy was Dizzy: A fn' great guy and musician! Was very ovationed during his solo. Axl was craaaazy as always! He is the ultimate frontman. No discussion! It seemed to me that despite the pussys trowing things he was very happy, he smiled a lot and was in a really good mood. He was ovationed constantly during the show "Ole ole ole Axl Axl"  beer

My personal higliths:

? Sorry (sounded so  fn' bold my bones were trembnling!)

? When Ron started the Dont Cry solo the crowd started sing along and then Axl appeared and started singin!!!! I couldn believe it man! I was too much for me! BEST SHOW EVER!

? Madagascar (I got really overwhelmed with emotion there).

? Actually, all the fn' show...

It was great. Sound problems cant bring down all the speacial moments of the nights. Finfing myself singing and jumping with fellow Gunners from all around the country showing our love for all the band, the history of a great band, but actually for this band, THE band just dont have price for me. I will never forget March 22 night.

Thanks a lot GNR. Return soon fuckers we will be waiting you!

I am sure I will remember more things during the day but thats all for now  beer

M?sica, m?sica, m?sica, siempre s?...
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #167 on: March 23, 2010, 04:37:43 PM »

Axl asking the crowd to stop throwing things on stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQe-_19240k

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #168 on: March 23, 2010, 05:30:41 PM »

Axl asking the crowd to stop throwing things on stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQe-_19240k

In this video, you can clearly hear that the crowd is complaining about the sound problem!!! And the translator didn't say anything to Axl about this.

In front of the stage,  the sound of Axl's mic was very low.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 05:40:31 PM by Tatiana » Logged
MarianoG
Headliner

River Plate

« Reply #169 on: March 23, 2010, 06:04:28 PM »

Out ta get me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Prqc_1JHPDQ
warrocks
VIP

Dance Of Fate....we're not afraid...

« Reply #170 on: March 23, 2010, 06:53:40 PM »

Undecided god, reading your review  estebanf ,I must say we, chileans, were lucky then,  Undecided we didn't have any of that, we were lucky that the concert was held in a small venue where only respectful gnr fans were in. I remember reading Metallica had rioters outsite  the club h?pico, now I can imagine having the same problem if guns would have played over there. I agree with you, sometimes big crowds sucks.

I'm truly sorry for all the  problems in Argentina.

peace

..... Till Death Do us Apart.....GNR forever!
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #171 on: March 23, 2010, 06:54:23 PM »

]Anyway, Axl, im argentine, but if you read this, dont EVER come back to Buenos Aires. We do not deserve having GNR again. Or come back and play in a small theatre with tickets starting from 300 dollars[/u].

Shut up!!!! Axl should come back to Argentina. Not all Argentinians are bad. I'm from Argentina too. And I want a GNR show. I hate when people throw things, but not all Argentinians are like those ones.

Many people were angry last night because in the front, we couldn't hear Axl. Yeah, I paid a ticket and I couldn't hear Axl because there were problems with Axl's mic in some parts of the stadium. The rest of the band was great, the sound of guitars was awesome, but I'd like to hear Axl too. Argentina deserves another show!!!!!!

estebanf
Odio a Aito De La Rua
Legend

Robin Finck

« Reply #172 on: March 23, 2010, 06:59:38 PM »

oh! You erased my complete review!! So cool of you!!

thank you for making me waste my time freely!!

it has been COMPLETELY erased by a mod. This is how things work here.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:01:55 PM by estebanf » Logged

1993: 7/17
2010: 3/10 - 3/18 - 3/22
2011: 10/2 - 10/5 - 10/8 - 10/10 - 10/12 - 10/15
2014: 3/28 - 3/30 - 4/1 - 4/3 - 4/6 - 4/12
2016: 6/26 - 7/1 - 11/1 - 11/4 - 11/5
2017: 1/10
2022: 9/30 - 10/0
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #173 on: March 23, 2010, 07:02:29 PM »

You were insulting Argentinians
Montrealrocks
Rocker

Get on board...or fuck off!

« Reply #174 on: March 23, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »

They played Out ta get me...but I don't see it in the set lidst?  Do you know whhen it was play?

@gnrworld on twitter

Montreal 17/05/88
Montreal 08/08/1992
New York 14/05/2006
Ottawa 17/11/2006
Quebec 18/11/2006
Montreal 27/01/2010
Quebec 01/02/2010
Quebec 12/07/2013
Montreal 14/07/2
Tatiana
Headliner

Hi gunners!

« Reply #175 on: March 23, 2010, 07:10:56 PM »

Thanks for the vid!!!! I love it!!!
fieldsy
Careless whisper
VIP

Use Your Illusion

« Reply #176 on: March 23, 2010, 07:13:42 PM »

He didn't insult Argentinians, he used the word 'n***o' which is a racist and insulting term for many people (whether or not it is used as a non racist term in Argentina) - That is what I am guessing is the reason for the deletion

manteca80
Opening Act

« Reply #177 on: March 23, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

Uploading videos, patience....

Intro/Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Solo de guitarra de Richard Fortus (James Bond Theme)

Live And Let Die

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fQ9lbxmV1g

If The World

Rocket Queen

Thank you for supporting us!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEQUwlO88nk

Solo de piano de Dizzy Reed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NruzNFk8ok

Street Of Dreams

You wanna have fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_kZ3yTw_WQ

You Could Be Mine

Solo de guitarra de DJ Ashba (The Ballad Of Death)

Sweet Child O' Mine

Improvisaci?n instrumental (Another Brick In The Wall)

Solo de piano de Axl (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)

November Rain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kR_5dGgj4c

Solo de guitarra de Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Pink Panther Theme)

Don't Cry

Out Ta Get Me

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Madagascar

Whole Lotta Rosie

Jam instrumental (Por Una Cabeza)

Patience

Paradise City
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 11:24:54 PM by manteca80 » Logged
FunkyMonkey
Legend

« Reply #178 on: March 23, 2010, 07:16:56 PM »

GUNS N' ROSES: At Least 12 People Arrested Outside Buenos Aires Concert - Mar. 23, 2010

According to Argentine media reports, at least 12 people were arrested last night (Monday, March 22) outside Velez stadium in Buenos Aires after a number of fans tried unsuccessfully to enter GUNS N' ROSES' concert at the venue without tickets or with counterfeit tickets purchased through the Internet.

Several people began throwing bottles and members of the Guardia de Infanter?a de la Polic?a Federal used gas and rubber bullets to disperse the unruly crowd. In addition, firefighters were called to the scene to extinguish a fire that was started in a tree outside the stadium.

Around 45,000 people attended the concert, which started around 11:00 p.m. ? two hours later than scheduled. According to several reports, there were audio problems at the venue, with some people close to the stage claiming that they couldn't hear Axl Rose's singing. The frontman also had to stop the show at least twice to have the interpreter tell the crowd to stop throwing stuff on stage.

A nine-minute report from C5N, a breaking news TV station broadcasting from Argentina, can be viewed below.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=137264

« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 07:24:37 PM by FunkyMonkey » Logged

Shut the fuck up. Yes, you. Ha!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #179 on: March 23, 2010, 07:21:40 PM »

it has been COMPLETELY erased by a mod. This is how things work here.

We're not really interested in flagrant racism.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: